• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hey guys I heard Flaoc was a good character?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey guys I heard we were talki-

brarrbbrarhuehuheueh

FLACO FLUKO FLALO

*cough* Call him Falco or die *cough*

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Commonwealth countries.

Cheesy comedy streak for 639 years 28 days and 30 minutes. What the **** happened June 13th in the 14th century? who knows.

Hopefully with the power of DMG though, threadquality++ on a loop for at least a few weeks.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
On the 08 Diddy Kong Gravestone, it might've been chipped away over the past 5 years since new Diddy mains most likely did it cause they believed a piece of the gravestone would provide luck, but it still stands tall.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't get why so few people use Diddy. He's extremely technical, hard to learn but with extreme nice rewards for doing so. He's got great recovery, awesome gimp options, good speed, good damage output, he basically got all the advantages. And unlike say, MetaKnight, his matchups are quite balanced.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
His recovery isn't great and his damage output is great only in certain situations. What makes Diddy a good character is his powerful shield game with his sturdy shield and his good OoS options. In a game where shields are of such central importance that makes him a solid choice in any matchup. On the other hand, Diddy never gives you an advantage against any good character except Pikachu because you don't beat opponents with good defensive game alone - his approach options are pretty average and nullify a lot of his potential advantages.

:059:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I really don't get why so few people use Diddy. He's extremely technical, hard to learn but with extreme nice rewards for doing so. He's got great recovery, awesome gimp options, good speed, good damage output, he basically got all the advantages. And unlike say, MetaKnight, his matchups are quite balanced.

sorry diddy you're bad

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wait, someone said Diddy has bad approach options? Lol, Diddy has great approach options, plus the ability to punish almost anything from almost full stage with a glide toss. I mean, hes not the BEST at approaching, but hes definitely not bad and Id say hes up there as one of the better characters at doing so.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Diddy has better approach options than 90%+ of the characters in this game, lol

The thing about approaching in Brawl is that very few characters are even reasonably good at it. Most high tier characters have a good approach or two, but their options in that area aren't exactly robust, only functional. "Approaching" in brawl doesn't really happen, it's more like pokes and counterpokes until someone ****s up. Diddy can actually like, walk up to you and hit you in more than one or two ways, as can MK.

I think people break down matches in Brawl kind of... wrong. Like, it isn't two dudes trying to figure out how to dash at each other, it's more like two dudes spacing attacks trying to cut off escape routes with options.

If you're being zoned so badly that you can't compete with your own zoning and pokes then you're probably just a bad character, but that's not the same as having "bad approaches."

Tesh

Smash Hero
Approaching in Brawl is just slowly moving your camping fortress across the stage, brick by brick , until the other guy lets you get too close.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hey everybody I got a new phone that can load my obnoxious 40ppp (heh, ppp) settings so I can post here more often. Anyway I think after a Fox won EVO we should move him up higher in the tier list. It's pretty cool how he doesn't get grabbed by ICs.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy has great approach options with dash attack, F Air and DACUS. Not even speaking about bananas.

Also, a Fox has won EVO? That's awesome

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Espy isn't the real villain around here. That title goes to SFP ;)

Top Bottom