• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yoshi lacks a standing grab. (...17 frames? that's ridiculous)
Like honestly that's pretty terrible, every tether grab is.
His Pivot grab is really good and dash grab is at least not terrible, I really don't know how to rate his ability to get grabs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yoshi lacks a standing grab. (...17 frames? that's ridiculous)
Like honestly that's pretty terrible, every tether grab is.
His Pivot grab is really good and dash grab is at least not terrible, I really don't know how to rate his ability to get grabs.
17?! :eek: This is why I never see Yoshi using standing grabs.

After checking his data http://www.smashboards.com/threads/yoshis-entire-frame-data.249046/
Standing Grab
Grabs: 17-27
Ends: 63

Pivot Grab
Grabs: 10-20
Ends: 36 <-- (fast end for a tether O.o)

Dash Grab
Grabs: 12-22
Ends: 63

Yoshi's grabs all last for 10 frames and grab out of the air. The reach is nice too. Yoshi can be good at frame trapping with grabs. I've been on the bad end of Yoshi's grab game and it's actually pretty good.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yoshi practically never has a reason to standing grab, except for getting caught in shield. But shield grabbing people is actually viable because it's harder to react to than people think it is.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You guys don't know what its like to fight Yoshi when you're block happy.

Why block against Yoshi when you can just use Falco / Snake / MK / Diddy / whoever you want, throw stupid **** on his shield and not ever have to use your shield in the first place?

:059:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm telling you guys, just footstool gimp him.
If I can do it with Flaoc in a random char 1v1 stamina side event (against a Yoshi main mind you) by accident, you guys can do it on purpose with your main

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I hope everyone's trolling. This level of ignorance is hilarious.
You know what, I've had it up to here with everyone around here accusing me of trolling. Everything I say is 100% real. I have no time for jokes.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I found videos on youtube of Yui beating top metaknights including a video of him 2 stocking Rain.
Is this a good mu for fox or did the mk's play the mu incorrectly?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
A well played Fox is one of the best characters in the MK matchup.
I'd probably only rate ICs and Diddy above him.

Fox is a really good character that just has a few depressingly bad matchups (ICs and Pikachu, and somewhat Sheik) that hold him back.

Rizen

Smash Legend
A well played Fox is one of the best characters in the MK matchup.
I'd probably only rate ICs and Diddy above him.

Fox is a really good character that just has a few depressingly bad matchups (ICs and Pikachu, and somewhat Sheik) that hold him back.
Fox is really good but, correct me if I'm wrong, he doesn't have anything that exploits characters super hard. Like DDD's grab and Dthrow, Sheik's Ftilt, MK's everything OoS game, CGs, infinities, etc. Fox is a very solid character that's hard to deal with but he doesn't have anything my characters can't deal with (although at a disadvantage). He doesn't shut the opponent down like a lot of one-sided MUs.

Top Bottom