• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Takamaru in Brawl Thread! *ADDED MORE MATERIAL*

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lord_Deathborne said:
Yeah, coming from a guy who wants a glove in SSBB...
I don't think he will be there though, yes I like him and he would be a cool and unique character. I say no to all these Japanese character thingos, I don't want this game to have heaps and heaps of *** stuff

Iggy K

Smash Ace
What's wrong with Japan only characters? Quite a few of them are pretty good (this one included).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Some are ok, but I don't like people saying SSBB needs a samurai or SSBB needs an anime girl. Later last year I would agree but after doing a year of japanese I can't stand to be reminded of it, that stupid Japanse teacher made me hate the place.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
All right then, well ehre's hoping Nazo no Murasaemjou makes it onto the virtual console.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Xianfeng is right, the game doesn't need anything, except to be released :p

but Takamaru is one of the fresher, more enjoyable additions that they could include. He would definitely round out the cast as well. Sure, he's another swordfighter, but the Smash Bros. games have yet to achieve that little touch of Japan even Mario games sometimes acquire. Sure, they have paper fans and ramen, but a stage? a character? And regardless, Takamaru takes the cake for the next big "forgotten classic," now that Pit's come back. :chuckle:

...well, there's still Little Mac...

EDIT: BTW, w00t! My topic broke 125 posts! ;)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Super Smash Master said:
I think the Ramen shop should be a stage (like in Naruto Clash of Ninja). :)
XD XD

This game needs cutscenes, while we're at it. I just envisioned that intro to the old PSX game, Ehrgeiz, where that big sumo chows down on bowls and bowls of ramen. I can't remember his name, but Ehrgeiz did have that awesome Quest mode, and characters like YoYo Yoko and Prince Doza (screw the FF7 cameos, they sucked :p)

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
I haven't ever played his game, but he is suggested twice in the Smash Bros Dojo poll, and is well supported in Japan I think.
Why not? Sure he is at least as good of a forgotten character as the Ice Climbers...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I haven't ever played his game, but he is suggested twice in the Smash Bros Dojo poll, and is well supported in Japan I think.
Why not? Sure he is at least as good of a forgotten character as the Ice Climbers...
Only thing is he's not forgotten - He's Japan's equivalent of Pit in the West. A fondly remembered game series that somehow got left on the shelf for decades - neglected yes, but certainly not forgotten...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Only thing is he's not forgotten - He's Japan's equivalent of Pit in the West. A fondly remembered game series that somehow got left on the shelf for decades - neglected yes, but certainly not forgotten...
Famicom Classics Collection what?

:grin:

Note: That alone pretty much guarantees him *points his nose*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Normal Takamaru Colors

Blue Takamaru Colors

Green Takamaru colors

Red Takamaru Colors

Black and White Takamaru Colors

HOORAY FOR PHOTOSHOP :lick:

parrothead

Smash Lord
FryGuy64's fan art is ominous, minacious, lame. His Muddy the Mole artwork shows him without his toe nails, while the official artwork shows him with toe nails.

Official Artwork > FryGuy 64's fan art.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
FryGuy64's fan art is ominous, minacious, lame. His Muddy the Mole artwork shows him without his toe nails, while the official artwork shows him with toe nails.

Official Artwork > FryGuy 64's fan art.
Geeeezzzz, picky, picky, picky.

I like his artwork. I just used the easiet good quality pic of him. I just wanted to show different color ideas I had for him. That is all.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Geeeezzzz, picky, picky, picky.

I like his artwork. I just used the easiet good quality pic of him. I just wanted to show different color ideas I had for him. That is all.
I liked it :p

What would be really cool too is if they had accessories to customize your fighters with, and Takamaru got a samurai helmet and some gear. That would rock.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to pose a query to anyone interested: using Google translator, I was able to "translate" much of the Japanese poll that Sakurai had posted on his website. I saw Takamaru 3 times in all. But maybe he appeared more than that? So if anyone is interested, try Google, Babelfish, a Dictionary, your uncle Kenji... whatever. But try one of those, and see if you can find any more mentions of Takamaru in the entries.

His name might translate as "circle ball" or something to that effect, and the game, Nazo no Murasamejou, sometimes translates as it should (Murasame Castle of Mystery), but also sometimes with the word "rain" in there. Funky, but it does.

But if anyone is up to the task, go for it! And report back, of course! :)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*rushes back with his ninja skills and opens the scroll*
nope I could only find it 3 times.

as for the character, he gets an "ooh!" rating from me. brawl could use some sort of ancient japan-ish stage (that would be kewl) and brawl could use some sort of oriental character. I never played his game, but he should get in, being that he is 3rd party

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
*rushes back with his ninja skills and opens the scroll*
nope I could only find it 3 times.

as for the character, he gets an "ooh!" rating from me. brawl could use some sort of ancient japan-ish stage (that would be kewl) and brawl could use some sort of oriental character. I never played his game, but he should get in, being that he is 3rd party
you meant 1st, right? lol

tirkaro

Smash Champion
you meant 1st, right? lol
*slaps forehead* yeah, I ment 1st. been using the word 3rd party too much, I got confused :dizzy:

Why? does it actually matter? Does it make a game better?
why not? more variety only makes for more quality. plus, some of us like the samurai movies.(but I know about your japan problem....then wait, why are you on a board about a japanese game by a japanese company?)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I personally love samurai movies :p I watched Samurai Saturdays all the time on IFC when we still got it, I really dug Samurai Champloo, and I am, of course, a Star Wars fan (don't lie! it's a samurai flick in space :laugh:)

Take it or leave it, samurai are not your typical swordfighters. There's a different code of ethic, a different way of battling, and different reason. Takamaru is Takamaru, not Marth in a fancy kimono. He's just as fresh and unique an addition as Pit or Wario. And, just like Pit, he's a "relic of the past," a character so cherished yet sadly forgotten by the mainstream.

This would be his big break. And a big break for Nintendo to. Can you imagine how popular a Wii samurai game would be? Nazo has some of the most potential on that console, no less the most potential to be "upgraded" to a mature franchise. It only serves Nintendo well to try and push this character.

And, once again, dare I mention the fact that his game was recently ported to GBA? Or that his title appears alongside Zelda and Mario on practically EVERY SINGLE Nintendo Arrangement CD? Or are you still wondering why the hell he was chosen to appear 3 times on Sakurai's poll, just behind King Dedede, Geno, Ike, Ridley, and Krystal, and above sooooo many others?

I'm not Jesus. Or Buddha. Or even Vishnu. I don't know stuff, I can't make it happen. But I am pretty smart, I hope, and I have a good knack for predicting stuff. And I am predicting, in this very topic since post #1, that we WILL see Takamaru in this game. I am 99.9% confident of that fact.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I personally love samurai movies :p I watched Samurai Saturdays all the time on IFC when we still got it, I really dug Samurai Champloo, and I am, of course, a Star Wars fan (don't lie! it's a samurai flick in space :laugh:)

Take it or leave it, samurai are not your typical swordfighters. There's a different code of ethic, a different way of battling, and different reason. Takamaru is Takamaru, not Marth in a fancy kimono. He's just as fresh and unique an addition as Pit or Wario. And, just like Pit, he's a "relic of the past," a character so cherished yet sadly forgotten by the mainstream.

This would be his big break. And a big break for Nintendo to. Can you imagine how popular a Wii samurai game would be? Nazo has some of the most potential on that console, no less the most potential to be "upgraded" to a mature franchise. It only serves Nintendo well to try and push this character.

And, once again, dare I mention the fact that his game was recently ported to GBA? Or that his title appears alongside Zelda and Mario on practically EVERY SINGLE Nintendo Arrangement CD? Or are you still wondering why the hell he was chosen to appear 3 times on Sakurai's poll, just behind King Dedede, Geno, Ike, Ridley, and Krystal, and above sooooo many others?

I'm not Jesus. Or Buddha. Or even Vishnu. I don't know stuff, I can't make it happen. But I am pretty smart, I hope, and I have a good knack for predicting stuff. And I am predicting, in this very topic since post #1, that we WILL see Takamaru in this game. I am 99.9% confident of that fact.

Confidence can be key, or it can be deadly. I like some of the points you suggrsted here. Let's just not get too overconfident, because none of us want to give our hopes up.

-SMB

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Confidence can be key, or it can be deadly. I like some of the points you suggrsted here. Let's just not get too overconfident, because none of us want to give our hopes up.

-SMB
Thanks Captain Buzzkill :laugh:

I'm just trying to drive it home to people that I'm not backing out of this one. No way, no how. Foolish, yes. But whatever; I'm glad about it.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Nintendo n00bs... Unfortunately they seem to make up the majority of the Nintendo "fanbase" as the N-sider (the "N" seems to in fact stand for "n00b") Forums seem to demonstrate... I actually tried to sell the idea of Takamaru (along with Mach Rider and Mike Jones, of course) being included in SSBB and while it did catch the attention of some of the more intelligent members, it quickly got drowned out by ideas for Tom Nook and Tingle... Kids today...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Nintendo n00bs... Unfortunately they seem to make up the majority of the Nintendo "fanbase" as the N-sider (the "N" seems to in fact stand for "n00b") Forums seem to demonstrate... I actually tried to sell the idea of Takamaru (along with Mach Rider and Mike Jones, of course) being included in SSBB and while it did catch the attention of some of the more intelligent members, it quickly got drowned out by ideas for Tom Nook and Tingle... Kids today...
You posted Takamaru on there? :grin: You're awesome dude! I canned my subscription to NP, so I can't post there anymore. I was worried Sakurai wouldn't see all the great topics we make here, and henceforth go "okay, lol, america realllllly wants petey pirahna and tom nook"

Thank you! Thank god there are people like you! Because he would never look at this site, despite how frigging popular it is! ;)

EDIT: Where's the topic/post? I wanna see it! :)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Actually is was part of a package post "CLASSIC NINTENDO CHARACTERS SUPPORT THREAD!" (all caps so to get some freakin' attention!), but Tak-kun was one of my emphasized characters. I was going to post an individual thread, but after two attempts at making a Mach Rider thread (both of which were pretty much dead on arrival), I thought it would be better to just do it that way (unfortunately - that died pretty quick also).

EDIT: Here it is: http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=602574#M602574

Turns out my little Takamaru rant was actually from my second Mach Rider thread at the end of page 2 and the beginning of page 3. There's a thread up now that prominently features Takamaru in its list of retro characters (appearently also in the process of dying...). Also, you don't have to be subscibed to NP (I'm not) to post on N-siders, just registered... but I swear it's run by Nazi's - you can't even post pics, certain links, or even edit prvious posts! Too bad it's the "official" SSBB forum...

Top Bottom