• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

Snakeee

Smash Master
Random but Knuckles' special ending fight against Mecha Sonic was awesome...I kept trying to hop on the Master Emerald and go Hyper though ::dizzy:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
that was too cool

the whole mecha thing is confusing, i wonder if they kept it consistent in games and comic. iv always considered it to be if it was made by robotnik to be metal sonic and mecha sonic is sonic transformed. the one time sonic transformed it looked different and more advanced than any of the metal sonics

Rocann

Smash Lord
are the hierarchy members higher up than other members? while i would say no, and its true, i guess TECHNICALLY in a way they are as there wouldnt be a title then in the first place. i guess higher up is the wrong term. they are valued the same, but as its been said, the hierarchy members have the final say. its the duty of the hierarchy members to value all the members the same and take everyones opinions and make an outcome.
try and avoid talking in circles with this "technically they are but they aren't and technically they do but they don't" bs because it's just misleading. I know how to argue, that isn't gonna work on me. you state it right or I'll just ignore it

also it's bs that I didn't notice it until recently, I didn't realize what it WAS because it had a completely misleading name. seriously in order for someone in a hierarchy to be above me I would have to be in the same hierarchy, but I'm not a member of it. <-(using myself as a reference point, goes for anyone. seems like every time I use the impersonal 'I' someone jumps on me for doing this selfishly or egotistically lol) someone didn't even pretend to look at a dictionary

relevant argument probably coming later (classes now) and I'll only get more support from everyone while the same 2 people try over and over again to rebuttle with archaic self-serving and self-realizing arguments (not complaining guys, keep going like this and I'll just keep ripping you to shreds. why not just post it all so I can hit it all at once?) you're on a path towards destruction, but you can't just stop the discussion because then this 'hierarchy' would be acting like big brother or something, which won't fly. I like this situation

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
the last time there was talk of changing hierarchy besides recently with mexi's resignation was before you entered the crew, yet alone your first irl tourney.
theres more to the rush story that that... while he was probably one of the most rushed members per say (no pun intended), its certainly more than that. nec was not the first time we met him, vgxpo was. i talked to him a lot there, and immediately after that tourney i knew he could be a potential member. i started talking it over with various people after the tourney. the general response from a lot of members is normally the same, not everyone has the chance to meet ppl right away, especially the south jersey members so their response is that they trust me and if i think he should be in, they they think the same. it wasnt even just at those tourneys, .com even hung out with him to practice between that tourney and nec9 (i wasnt able to that time). seeing him at nec9 only helped further, it was another time to hang out with him, i got more time besides the tourney with walking to get food and at the diner to get to kno him better as a person, andy and .com got to talk to him again, i saw him in a more regular tourney (unlike vgxpo) with average smashers, etc. asking m2k was just a joke. his opinion wouldnt matter, i just asked those of the crew. i asked m2k cause he was walking with us and i knew his answer woudl be idk lol.

Rocann

Smash Lord
All I'm saying is no one is right and no one is wrong at the same time. Ever one is entitled to there own thoughts. And people not concerning tos. Please stay outta tos conversations. If you wanna comment, do it once and make it sweet and to the point. If you wanna argue that's what aim and pm's are for. But tos problems are tos problems don't add to them please. That is a little bit of wisdom from the dummest member of tos.......flizzz

Sorry chibo you are right. Ill also apoligize to andy for being a lil harsh.
If no one is right and no one is wrong then don't tell me to be quiet.

People from outside of ToS can help and bring completely valid **** to the table.

The difference between this crew and, say, Chibo's earlier example of the necessity of court systems is that this is a group of people where we decide who enters, as opposed to the country where, like it or not, people come in of their own free will. It is one of our responsibilities to not pick people who don't know how to examine an argument and who will not just submit to any form of authority because they view themselves as less intelligent than others.

If people followed the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mindset all the time, you would still be in the Iron Age bartering with your baby teeth.

Your post would've pissed me off if I wasn't so happy in general right now, and you're lucky I am because I could go way harder on everything you said and just make you look silly. Perhaps you should be more conservative with regards to when you open your mouth as opposed to with regards to your views in this argument, "dummest member."

P.S. ~
I don't need any apology. You can apologize after you form your thoughts clearly enough to hurt my feelings first.

P.P.S ~
Stop asking me on AIM if I'm going to leave ToS. I'm not even being serious yet. This is a minor issue and I love every single person I've ever met from this crew, and as far as in-game, everybody (except me, I'm getting worse) is improving way too quick for me to jump off the boat :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i just dont understand why andy is so adamantly against this and arguing so harsh for why its bad, especially when hes practically the only member in tos against it

arguing gets everyone no where unless you know what your arguing for in the end, a reason for it. so tell me andy, with all of this, what is the solution in your eyes? flat out removing the hierarchy? or anything else.

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
If no one is right and no one is wrong then don't tell me to be quiet.

P.P.S ~
Stop asking me on AIM if I'm going to leave ToS. I'm not even being serious yet. This is a minor issue and I love every single person I've ever met from this crew, and as far as in-game, everybody (except me, I'm getting worse) is improving way too quick for me to jump off the boat :)
Yo this is what we need, more crew love. I also agree with andy that everyone in this crew is improving and as a result PA is a much stronger state than it was 3 or 4 months ago. Everyone keep up the good work.

P.S.
Andy you are still the ****, you just need to get back in the mindset. Like I said before, the only people u are allowed to lose to is M2K, Spammer and maybe Ally.

P.P.S.
Andy you better come to Apex. no sex johns.

P.P.P.S.
Andy you better get top 3 at Apex.

Rocann

Smash Lord
i just dont understand why andy is so adamantly against this and arguing so harsh for why its bad, especially when hes practically the only member in tos against it

arguing gets everyone no where unless you know what your arguing for in the end, a reason for it. so tell me andy, with all of this, what is the solution in your eyes? flat out removing the hierarchy? or anything else.
I don't like unnecessary authority, and the burden of proving of that necessity falls on your shoulders, not the opposite on mine (although I have taken and fulfilled that responsibility already.) That proof has to be more valid than "if you people don't have leaders, you'll make stupid decisions." Also, getting people into that group of people with undeserved power is, right now, not a democracy, the people already there are making that decision, and that's just wrong and self-serving for obvious reasons. Get your mind right, *****es.

I like Doom/Alex's stuff where this isn't some military operation. It's a group of friends playing a video game and we can decide things as such; just everybody talks it over and makes a decision, and of course not everybody will always be happy. Majority goes. Also, like a group of friends, you can use your intuition to realize that ok, maybe if it comes down to Chibo vs Random New Addition, then one person's idea is gonna fly a little easier. You don't need any official title for that, you just have to be smart about things, and we are all (or should be, considering we get to choose who comes in) smart.

And yeah, Rush, I'll give it a shot. I'll try and play a little more, but it'll be summer. I'll have to visit people that live in Brigantine/Cinnaminson and practice every once in a while.

Rocann

Smash Lord
I'm not really shooting for anything. I just started this argument to practice arguing, and to **** with peoples' heads. I continued, more or less, because I don't like unnecessary authority. When I say unnecessary, I mean on the grounds that I think every single member of this crew is close enough with the other members, and also intelligent enough in and of themselves, to come to a decision just fine without any higher power making that decision in the end for them. If the "hierarchy members" disagree with that, and everyone else can stand that affront and offense, then fine. I can't, because I have more faith in myself and in all of us. I don't view my friends as less than me, and I like being viewed as such by anyone else about as much as I like our crew being seen as a group of people that can't handle ourselves well enough to deal without some sort of leadership. Once again, the hierarchy can go ahead and deny that, because in the end, it's their decision whether or not they get to keep power, right? Funny how that works.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'm not really shooting for anything. I just started this argument to practice arguing, and to **** with peoples' heads. I continued, more or less, because I don't like unnecessary authority. When I say unnecessary, I mean on the grounds that I think every single member of this crew is close enough with the other members, and also intelligent enough in and of themselves, to come to a decision just fine without any higher power making that decision in the end for them. If the "hierarchy members" disagree with that, and everyone else can stand that affront and offense, then fine. I can't, because I have more faith in myself and in all of us. I don't view my friends as less than me, and I like being viewed as such by anyone else about as much as I like our crew being seen as a group of people that can't handle ourselves well enough to deal without some sort of leadership. Once again, the hierarchy can go ahead and deny that, because in the end, it's their decision whether or not they get to keep power, right? Funny how that works.

QFT right here. No offense guys I just see this as a way for people to act higher than others. I think that is the major problem here. Sometimes the best people for a crew are the newest members. Though my crew has a "leader" ( first page still isnt updated ) we all work together and since I have been around the crew is better than most crews if not all in terms of organization. We run tournaments ( very well i might add compared to others ) , organize trips and even practice a lot. I do not see that here for the most part.

You guys should really listen to andy or I think this will be another time where a big mistake is made and no one learns from it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447

what he said
This wins internets.
QFT right here. No offense guys I just see this as a way for people to act higher than others. I think that is the major problem here. Sometimes the best people for a crew are the newest members. Though my crew has a "leader" ( first page still isnt updated ) we all work together and since I have been around the crew is better than most crews if not all in terms of organization. We run tournaments ( very well i might add compared to others ) , organize trips and even practice a lot. I do not see that here for the most part.

You guys should really listen to andy or I think this will be another time where a big mistake is made and no one learns from it.
What they said.

But according to Mexi, my opinion sorta-kinda-not-really-jk-lolZ doesn't count, so don't mind me.

Btw, this is for Vex.... even though it's not Zelda:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i rly dont have much time to post, bout to go catch a train, but....

ok, situation: (and this has happened plenty of times). were about to do a crew battle. we have 8 people in attendance. we need to pick 5, so 3 cant be in it. lets say 3 people want roster a, 3 people want roster b, and 2 people are undecided/dont care. we discuss it thouroughly and still cant come to a conclusion. this has happened many times btw. how do we decide on a roster?

how many times do we have to say that its not for people to act hgiher than others. we still all discuss as a group but the hierarchy is more of a final way to come to a conclusion when an obvious answer can not be made.

the fact that you dont see all that here just shows how you are un-knowledgeable about the crew and makes me value your opinion less in this situation. we hold tourneys all the time, we smash together all the time (multiple times per week), we have had multiple crew meetings planned ahead of time for practice and discussing stuff, and have planned crew specific events such as the ToS dinner and I'm currently working on the ToS Fest, date TBD.

Rocann

Smash Lord
holy **** is pikachu butt****ing nana?

And Chibo, if you want me to address what you posted directly, you'll have to address what I posted. That is, if you can, without having the rest of the crew jump down your throat. I can wait.

flizzz

Smash Cadet
oh man andy you are aiming for the most annoying poster and i thought i had that title. oh im sorry i guess i cant have a title cause that would put me in front of the other annoying posters right andy?

oh and andy i love it when people rip my post apart it just makes them look like they have no life what so ever :-)

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
ummmm i dont even no anymore andyGesus over here is tryin to upset the established order. preachin that every1 is equal when clearly its not true. notice how its the newest members that dont like this system. do u really expect to join any organization or group and expect to have the same leverage as older members? ur tellin me u would place new recruits in the same rank as a veteran?

flizzz

Smash Cadet
ummmm i dont even no anymore andyGesus over here is tryin to upset the established order. preachin that every1 is equal when clearly its not true. notice how its the newest members that dont like this system. do u really expect to join any organization or group and expect to have the same leverage as older members? ur tellin me u would place new recruits in the same rank as a veteran?
yea *****.. what he said!!

Rocann

Smash Lord
Did you even any of my recent posts? I *CLEARLY* cover that topic. Also, stop taking yourself and this entire situation so seriously. Established order? Veteran? This isn't the god**** Army. Flow a little bit or you sound like you think this **** actually matters.

oh and andy i love it when people rip my post apart it just makes them look like they have no life what so ever :-)
It would make me look like I had no life if it took me more than 5 minutes between classes to write; regardless of what it makes me look like, it makes what you posted look like the ravings of someone who still isn't entirely sure where they stand or where they're headed. It's a good tradeoff for the one in my situation.

Call me more names, everyone. It makes you look smarter.

flizzz

Smash Cadet
well because this arguement is OLD as **** and getting boring. how bout we talk about something else.

do you have any idea if you can like mod a dsi to play back up games like you can do with your regular ds lite flash card?

o man i tried to end it but here we go again.

im not really sure of where i stand. but im pretty sure im leaning more towards chibos and mexi's side. i mean dag man if your gonna argue, make your self look like less of a evil corrupter of all thats good. honestly im still confused. where did all this crap come from in the first place. did you just get up one day and say, "dam i hate having leaders lets cause all this crap on the boards and make people dislike me" your not making the people in this crew that have not met you yet think "well hay he was a good choice" (well maby im not sure how other people think but hay thats how i feel)

and honestly i did not call you name. i just said if you enjoy ripping my post apart go ahead it makes you looklike you have nother better to do........

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
have u SEEN the dark knight? well u want us to prove our point then u say dont take it too serious. me and chibo r usin references to prove the hierarchy system does work. the military is 1 one of the longest lastin organizations and our system is lightly based off of it. we acknowledge that it has flaw, yet u act like ur system doesnt have flaws. in a debate, its facts that matter not opinion. people r sayin oh i think andy is right, y? we need facts y its right, not opinions. numbers dont help in a debate.

yea flizzz, ur immaturity isnt helpin ANYTHIN!!!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
you guys argue about this stuff way too much

me and pav never actually need to do anything, and no one in our crew has ever complained about leadership or whatever, we all just get along...

you're way too serious

except for steel

Roxas215

Smash Lord

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
this can only b decided through MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!! nah we should discuss this at chibos ToS smashfest. anywayz, chibo wat u doin on the 19th? me, flizzz, and the cajun might come up to go to the art museum. some smash afterwards maybe?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
And Chibo, if you want me to address what you posted directly, you'll have to address what I posted. That is, if you can, without having the rest of the crew jump down your throat. I can wait.
wtf. everything uv brought up over and over has been addressed over and over and you keep bringing up the same old arguments. since you NEED to hear it again before you can answer my questions, i will pick apart ur post before this one as fine as possible.

my comments in red

I'm not really shooting for anything.
then why are you arguing
I just started this argument to practice arguing, and to **** with peoples' heads.
go be bored and practice arguing somewhere else. dont try to **** with your friends mine. how is it productive to pick fights with your friends for fun?
I continued, more or less, because I don't like unnecessary authority.
it is not an authority. are we flat out telling people what to do? NO! has the hierarchy ever told anyone what to do? NO! OUIFGHROUIGBIKRGHIOSUREBUO
we help settle agreements and manage crew stuff

When I say unnecessary, I mean on the grounds that I think every single member of this crew is close enough with the other members,
Have you ever met... terrv? how about bean?
Has kismet ever held a conversation with talwind?
Has flizzz ever met dapuffster?
Does beat know tusm that well?
All of these answers are a no. Our crew is spread out, not every member is close with everyone else. We need mediators that can bridge the gap and help know what is best for everyone.

and also intelligent enough in and of themselves, to come to a decision just fine without any higher power making that decision in the end for them.
while people know themselves, going back to my last point, they may not be completely aware of everyone else. you can also bring up people who are biased (i would really like to not name anyone, but i could) who have a clouded vision of themselves compared to others. not everyone is always capable of making the best decisions and debating certain things. this is not just in the crew alone. why is the debate hall here at swf only open to proven debaters? because not everyone is made out to debate and argue their reasoning as well as others. its not meant as a attack to anyone, but some people just arent good at making decisions, and then some people dont care about the outcome and do things like being in the crew for the hell of it with friends.
If the "hierarchy members" disagree with that,
you say you hate the hierarchy members being thought of as higher than everyone else, but have any of the hierarchy members ever flaunted their position to others? do they brag about it? do they consider themselves better? no. they never talk about it. it doesnt mean anything. you are doing what you hate, you are separating us from everyone else. you could just mention the term for the sake of meaning the 5 members currently in the hierarchy, but u feel the need to put it in quotes and separate the idea from the rest of the sentence to stand out. this is very hypocritical, you realize that right?
and everyone else can stand that affront and offense, then fine.
no one else has ever had a problem for it. we created the system as a crew, the crew accepted it, and all new members were accepted into the crew with knowledge of how the crew runs. weve never argued about this before, theres never been a problem
I can't,
i dont like to say it, but if u dont like it, then leave. why did u join the crew in the first place if you disagreed with our ideologies?
because I have more faith in myself and in all of us.
i dont see how having faith in all of us changes the system we have. we created the hierarchy as a crew, so if you have faith in us, then you should have faith in the ideologies we represent.
I don't view my friends as less than me,
i could EASILY argue this but it would bring up outside points about you that i feel do not pertain to this discussion which would only make this debate worse. though if you want me to...
and I like being viewed as such by anyone else
starting this kind of argument and acting how you have in the past (what i referenced in my last point that i dont wish to bring up) certainly does not help. this all only makes people think worse of you
about as much as I like our crew being seen as a group of people that can't handle ourselves well enough to deal without some sort of leadership.
we couldnt handle ourselves perfectly. no crew with almost 30 people spread across multiple states can't. its impossible. we then created a leadership system that we all felt was fair and that everyone agreed with. end of arguing. everything was perfect. and to stray away from having a sole leader like most crews, thats why we did mulitple people, and odnt even call them the leaders still, giving them a different title and description.
Once again, the hierarchy can go ahead and deny that,
not only does the hierarchy deny it, but almost the entire crew does
because in the end, it's their decision whether or not they get to keep power, right?
you still seem to think decisions are made only with the the hierarchy with involving no one else, so...
Funny how that works.
its funny how your wrong
did i address your post enough?

im personally starting to get quite annoyed with you (with others feeling the same way) over this situation and other things as well.

this can only b decided through MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!! nah we should discuss this at chibos ToS smashfest. anywayz, chibo wat u doin on the 19th? me, flizzz, and the cajun might come up to go to the art museum. some smash afterwards maybe?
im in jersey now, lets smash tonight or tomorrow.
i can smash on the 19th, thats fine. whos the cajun?

flizzz

Smash Cadet
Db evolution was the was so bad omg no one even look at that movie if you a fan of dbz but the even worst part is there's gonna be a part 2

flizzz

Smash Cadet
Lolz man I'm like the biggest dbz fan so I tried to stay loyal . Lolz man the only thing they did good was not making the movie more worse. O man I can't wait for part 2

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
its kyuu aka kaijin aka cajun.

chibo too too strong. have u SEEN our motto? its always woth it. every1 is wonderin y we take this serious, well thats y.

let me guess, the new crew members didnt agree to that so now they r gonna cry about that too?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The 3rd hierarchy member has been decided, and he has contact us back and accepted.

The third hierarchy member is Rush

Top Bottom