• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Why do people consantly try to limit sakurai's development staff. Poke floats was cel shaded and Ike's game was cel shaded. That argument is phail.
Thank you! So, if that's the only people don't want or think WW Link won't be in the game, then that's just stupid.
The only thing we need to worry about is that if Sakurai won't allow two of the same character in the game anymore. Although I wouldn't even count them as the same, except for the weapon and the outfit.

Mar~

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
@ Mar~

Sooo, adding a fully 2d character with 3d character is okay(Game&Watch), but adding a Cel-Shaded character with 3d characters is not??
Besides they could change him a bit so he could fit in more with the others. And People, graphics aren't about everything...

Akiak

Smash Ace
I swear I read somewhere that Ridley, and bowser jr. were confirmed. I don't believe this at all.
BUT it also said that wind waker would replace young link.
Since there, they also said that the ice climbers have been deconfirmed, the whole topic must be false.

Anyway, I would love to make his moveset but I don't know enough about him.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
If WW Link gets in, he's bound to get a stage.
And the best stage I can think of is the arena of the final battle in Wind Waker, the top of Ganondorf's tower, with the ocean crashing down at the sides.

Imagine it.

The most epic stage ever.
you simply have no idea how much I agree with you! hell, it could be Brawl's version of final destination with water pouring in the background! I said this months ago, though I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else...

limitbreak

Smash Ace
as much as i dont want to admit it... i think he deserves a spot in the line up .. young link in melee was a mistake but they could easily turn him into a quicker link with a new move set

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Aw crap. I really should have gone back over that moveset when I was awake and alert.

By the way, the Ganon's tower stage with the falling ocean should have increased gravity off the sides.
If you say that's unfair for recovery, then I will point you to the electric part of Pokemon Stadium 2 where the edges are CONVEYOR BELTS.

WW Link for Brawl!

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
I like xianfengs special move list, but I would change the downb from firelantern to bombchu. It would be cool to throw em down and let em rip across the stage. I also had a cool idea for his grab. It would be the grappling hook obviously. If you press the grab button it goes out straight, but if you hold the grab button down, you can aim it up to 180 degrees top to bottom (but not behind you.) It would be able to grab people from the air, or even grab people trying to recover at the ledge. Of course it would leave you vulnerable while you were swinging it around your head. When it caught a ledge you would be able to swing on it or climb up it.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Probably the best character support thread on the boards today.
I still say Midna > WW.
But he's grown on me.
I say if he's going to be in, we should have Paper Mario too, that was there will be 2 weird looking characters.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What. Paper Mario =/= WW Link!?

Seriously whats so great about Midna anyway? and I still don't understand why people think that being uniqe can get you into smash bros.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Link
Y.Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf

4 Zelda reps isn't entirely unfeasible. Midna might be cool, but I think Y. Link has precedence over Midna for VARIOUS reasons.

-More Games
-Was in last game
-More important in the games he was in
-etc.

Mersh

Smash Apprentice
I was originally against this idea in favor of Vaati and Midna, but this topic has somewhat persuaded me. I'd love him in, as long as the character was called "Young Link", because seriously, the announcer saying "Wind Waker Link!" or "Cel Link!" would be a bit stupid >_>.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Midna would be cool in Brawl, but should be an Assist instead. So far there are only Zelda: TP designs and Ganondorf is bound to have a TP design as well, Zelda: Wind Waker needs at least on rep.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
u know wut? seriously, i never noticed Poke Floats was cel-shaded until i played Viewtiful Joe.
but then again, i was a kid and wasnt really that much into gaming at the time...
i guess wut im trying to say is, since i didnt even notice Poke Floats was different from the rest of the stages, i think cel-shading would fit in perfectly anywayz (i mean they already have CS Tingle). but like i said, i may not have really noticed coz i was around 10 or 11

EDIT: oh yea n also for the Pikachu argument:

i think Pikachu only appears to be cel-shaded in different stages due to the different lighting effects. seriously tho, it's like u could almost place that Pika in Wind Waker...well the way i see it...

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I understand that.

I no have any problem whit a different estile of grafic in any personge for if only.

The problem I think, is the only part in that grafic no combine whit the other personages of he's series games. Because I think that does not give much grace to the game.

In fact, Nintendo (Sakurai, Smash Bros or any company responsible for the production) can change WW Link a bit so he could fit in more with the others. But in this case, let the old Young Link is more feasible than a WW Link semi changed. Not you think? o_o

Well, is my opinion in any case u_u

Dew!
Yea I hear ya. ^^

But if Young Link should be included (And I think he should), it would only be fair if they were to use the Wind Waker design, since they used it in many recent games (Including the Handheld ones, like Four Swords and Minsh Cap).
I'm sure they could figure something out to put him in, with a look that fits him more with the others.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, I just finished playing through Phantom Hourglass, and all I can say is that it is an amazing game. It definately puts a new, fresh spin on the Zelda franchise without deviating much from the core gameplay.

That said, 'Hero of Winds' Link is now my favorite incarnation of the character, bar none. Notice I'm shying from the term 'Wind Waker' Link. He has a couple of very successful games under his belt, and it's about time that he's recognized as a staple of the series and not just one game. Yes, I understand that he's called 'Wind Waker' Link because Wind Waker is the first game to feature him. I feel that he's been around enough games to be recognized by a more broadened term.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Well, I just finished playing through Phantom Hourglass, and all I can say is that it is an amazing game. It definately puts a new, fresh spin on the Zelda franchise without deviating much from the core gameplay.

That said, 'Hero of Winds' Link is now my favorite incarnation of the character, bar none. Notice I'm shying from the term 'Wind Waker' Link. He has a couple of very successful games under his belt, and it's about time that he's recognized as a staple of the series and not just one game. Yes, I understand that he's called 'Wind Waker' Link because Wind Waker is the first game to feature him. I feel that he's been around enough games to be recognized by a more broadened term.
Young Link ;)

And yes, he deserves to be in Brawl "as much" as the current Link

And he'd be just as cool :cool:

Dark Nemesis

Smash Apprentice
Don't kill me if this has been mentioned before:

Look at Tingle. His design here is just like the one in TWW.

BTW, I'm new. (:

Fawriel

Smash Master
The problem with calling him that name is that 'Young' Link is the younger representation of Ocarina Link. They aren't the same character.
I think that depends on how you intonate it.
It could be interpreted as "Link as a kid", but it might also mean "another, younger Link"... hrm.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
The problem with calling him that name is that 'Young' Link is the younger representation of Ocarina Link. They aren't the same character.
Yea, I don't think that's a big problem. Like Young Link in SSBM, he's still called "Link" and he's "Young". I don't know if that made sense... -__-

I don't know if it was mentioned before, but another reason why WW Link should be in would be that Adult Link has been in what? 2 Zelda Games I think, and Young Link has been on all the rest. So Young Link actually represents the Zelda Games alot more than the Adult one. It's only fair that he gets in. And since, the WindWaker design has been used on all the recent Zeldas (Except TP), it only makes sense to use it on the new Brawl.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey you guys think WW Link will have crawling? I mean IMO he cant not have it it was so funny the way he crawled in WW and his sidestep dodge can look similar to when you put your back against the wall.

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Hey you guys think WW Link will have crawling? I mean IMO he cant not have it it was so funny the way he crawled in WW and his sidestep dodge can look similar to when you put your back against the wall.
Yea, having Link's crawl from Wind Waker, That would be awesome!

By the way, for what use is crawling in this game going to be?? >.>

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
I think they would just call him Wind Waker. No Link involved. Not sure why, but it seems appropriate. Hero of Winds is just too long and so is Wind Waker Link.
*In Announcer's voice* MR...GAME! and WATCH!
doesnt really seem that long (but when u look at the name i guess it does) when u think about it tho. look at the syllables: 4. Cap-Tain-Fal-Con: 4. n in the selection screen they might just put "H. Winds" or something O_o
Yea, having Link's crawl from Wind Waker, That would be awesome!

By the way, for what use is crawling in this game going to be?? >.>
that it would
n i think there might be things in Adventure Mode where u might have to Crawl. who knows, u might be able to avoid a Final Smash (Samus's FS), and maybe even Attack from it...

Top Bottom