• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Tournament Youtube Channel

QED

Smash Apprentice
I was searching for Pound 4 videos on Youtube the past few days and realized that I had to go through the cumbersome search engine to find bits and pieces of the tournament. And the worse part, there were not in order. For a guy who likes watching matches without knowing the outcome (I still to this day have no idea who has won Pound 4), I would like to have a play list without random searches that semi-spoil my excitement.

I know there is a thread right here telling me a list of Youtube videos from random uploaders (which I noticed after watching a grip of random videos) and I thank Juggleguy for putting so much effort and time into creating that list. Just thought it would be nice to utilize the Youtube GUI to create a comprehensive play list.

If I were able to get permission from the uploaders, I would not mind putting in the effort of renaming files and creating playlists. Heck, I probably would not mind editing the videos so that pictures of brackets/players would show up before matches, along with credits to the people recording and commentating (provided that I get the base video files).

Just wondering what you guys think of the idea. Thought it would be really convinient to have all major smash tournament videos in one spot.

A random idea: For videos without commentary, wouldn't it be cool to get the actual players who played in the match review and commentate on it? God's Garden tournament for SF4 did that (in Japanese though) and I got a very good insight on how certain match ups were played.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
First of all, you're welcome; I'm glad I could help organize vids for the most well-documented Melee tourney in recent memory. The ideas being thrown around in this thread are ambitious, though. You're talking about downloading and re-uploading over 300 tourney matches. Not only does the quality suffer when you do this, but hype is killed with an extra copy of the match floating around on YouTube. I'm assuming you haven't gone through most of the official vids thread out of fear for being "spoiled," but you should know that I listed the vids in chronological bracket order, so all you'd have to do is scroll down bit by bit to view 1st round winner's bracket matches, then 2nd round, and so on until you reach winner's finals. I also have the same setup for loser's bracket just below that.

LLDL

Smash Hero
There already is an official youtube channel for pound 4. Youtube.com/videogamebootcamp

They'll most likely upload in bracket order. Actually idk, how did that vgbootcamp HD thing work out guys that went?

QED

Smash Apprentice
There already is an official youtube channel for pound 4. Youtube.com/videogamebootcamp

They'll most likely upload in bracket order. Actually idk, how did that vgbootcamp HD thing work out guys that went?
Had no idea about vgbc.

I'm not strictly talking about Pound 4 itself. I know it's a little too late for that. I heard the tournament went wonderfully but the videos organizations were a little sloppy (we'll see how vgbc does it).

I'm not talking about actually dling and re-uploading. That's just messy. I would rather have the raw files and put some editing (with the ideas I stated above) into it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/godsgarden1
Here's an example w/ SF4.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people had their own recordings. It would be nice if the next major tournament not only organized matches but organized the videos recorded. All I am saying is that I am willing to edit and help out if this idea gets through on the next big one. If we want more recognition and hype, this is probably the best way to do it.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Those are indeed extremely ambitious but GREAT ideas. If you really have the will to go through with them I think they could really help open up the scene if applied to future tournaments. Right now it's really patchy, trying to watch videos.

And speaking of Pound 4, does anyone know if Hbox and Armada ever played that MM??

Top Bottom