• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Wario doubles thread!

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Welcome to the official Wario doubles thread! Managed by yours truly, Snack Attack!

First of all, before we even dive in to discussing Wario teaming with other characters, I think what Wario can just do in teams should be elaborated upon.

Wario is heavy, has great killing power, holds stocks, builds damage... he just can pretty much do no wrong in doubles, he's incredibly versatile.

Official Character Discussion:

Marth!

Lucario Discussion:
Need role ratings
[collapse=find it here!]

LUCARIO

Wario and Lucario have been BFFs since grade school. They know everything about each other and they work incredibly well together. Wario is a stock holding champ and Lucario is all about the damage. Lucario deals nasty damage at high percentages and if he dies, Wario can step in, rack up some % and then go back to stock holding while Lucario goes about his business again.

It's just magic.
characters names both rhyme omg.

So.

You got 2 options teaming realing.

Do whatever you want and The Anubis.

If you're extremely good at avoiding damage and the lucario is extremely good at aggroing together you make an extraordinary pair.

Do whatever you want is still strong too, Luc's no slouch at at support and wario can create tons of openings for AS to be thrown in.

Wario is amazing at saving lucario when he's forced to ES.
Luc can't really save wario offstage that well though =\

its always better for lucario to die 1st as well, but don't freak if he doesn't, its no big deal.
Wario is fine with recovery on his own. He has jumps, the bike, and the waft. Waft is always a last resort as it can be used for better things like killing people with it. But yes, they're two peas in a pod. They're PB&J, cheese pizza with extra cheese, etc, etc, etc.
he doesn't ussually.

with the bike/he messes up and gets hit out of his bike he is though , from what I noticed.
Wario has to be smart when using the bike, of course. A good Wario won't mess up on the recovery and allow himself to get knocked off the bike. But even though Wario players usually don't recover with waft, if he/she was to be placed in that situation, it's a must have. It'll always recharge itself, so why not, ya know?

Lucario role rating: (Out of 10)

Killing-

Tanking-

Support-

Damage Building-

Overall Rating:

Wario's role in this team: We will be the main killers of this team. We should be helping Lucario build damage and helping him in other fields like recovery.

Creative name: A man and his furry.
[/collapse]

MetaKnight Discussion: [collapse=find it here!]

Official Character Discussion:

METAKNIGHT

Pros-

Meta can pretty much do everything, he has an absurdly good recovery, he can kill, he can rack damage, you can be either extremely aggressive, or extremely defensive, or any combination of the two. Meta can help save you if you need him to, and Meta can disrupt and separate teams by using not only his insane speed, but by using the always-hated Tornado attack.

Cons-

Meta dies rather easily, he's not bad at the role of tanking, but Wario can (and seriously should) do it better.

When I said Meta had absurd speed, I meant in every department except for lateral air movement where he is very slow (in the bottom five, if I recall.)

MK role rating: (Out of 10)

Killing- 10/10 (He has Shuttle Loop, Down-Smash, Glide Attack, Nair, Foward Smash, He can gimp once he gets you off stage by using Dair, Fair, and many other things. If the Meta is lucky enough, he can do the extremely gay UpAir to Ceiling Tornado on you or your teammate)

Tanking- 7/10 (While Meta certainly isn't amazing at the act of tanking due to his lightweight, he can run away to conserve stocks if he needs to. Also, with quick attacks, you can very easily live to high percents if your DI is good enough with momentum canceling.

Support- 10/10 (Meta is also amazing in this field, like I said earlier, he can really fit any role you need him to, he is by far the best doubles partner anyone could ask for.)

Damage Building- 10/10 (Meta has so many damage racking options, it's absurd. He has Tornado, Fair, Bair, Dair, UpAir and amazing throws like his down throw to rackup damage.)

Overall Rating: 9.25/10

Wario's role in this team: Wario's Down-Throw has a set KnockBack, so MK can do anything from it. Both Wario and MK excel at double air juggles, and MK's downthrow can set up Wario for A U-Air or a Down-B.

Creative name: Holy ****....Gas clouds, and Tornadoes? We're ****ed![/collapse]

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I remember losing to Orion+Minty at Apex (they went double MK) teaming with Nikenick. When we were finished, Orion said something like:

'Ya *, I feel like you can't compete in * teams without * MK, you just can't beat * MK without * MK, *.'

Asterisks mark where he may or may not have said 'n1gger'.

I felt like I had to agree with him :(

Kaffei

Smash Hero
MK and Wario are pretty good at saving each other off stage when they are in free fall I guess

They both Kill well and if Wario camps and MK aggroish I think that works out well because Wario is heavy and MK is fast

idk

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Wario is definately Top 4 because he's so versatile as a character alone. He has the power to kill early, he's heavy, he carries stocks like a boss, and his ability to run away from people is amazing. Double jump+Bike jump = Broken.

He's great with assist and he can always be the one to come in help MK whenever he needs it (if he needs it). MK is just a good partner in general. He works with everyone but Wario is definately a solid choice as a partner.

There are no cons when teaming with MK. Only con is if the Wario himself sucks at holding stocks. Too many pros that outweigh the cons anyways.

MK's Role Rating: 10
Killing: 10
Tanking: He doesn't need to tank. That's why Wario is here. 1.
Support: MK doesn't support. He's full offensive. He racks up damage faster than Wario. 1.
Damage Building: 10
Overall Rating: 10

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Lol if you think MK sucks at either tanking or supporting you have no idea what you're talking about. MK does everything well and in teams every more so.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
However, you may sometimes be forced to temporarily switch roles because you weren't able to adapt your positioning in time. In that scenario, obviously Wario will be hard pressed to play aggro, but MK will be very capable of taking over Wario's roles.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
However, you may sometimes be forced to temporarily switch roles because you weren't able to adapt your positioning in time. In that scenario, obviously Wario will be hard pressed to play aggro, but MK will be very capable of taking over Wario's roles.
Oh of course I know what you mean. But that applies for any doubles partner that wario has to be honest. Actually that applies to doubles in general. That's one thing I do find that I like about Wario in doubles... He is so versatile! <3 Wario (no homo)

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Lord Chair said:
However, you may sometimes be forced to temporarily switch roles because you weren't able to adapt your positioning in time.
Happens all the time in teams. Team strategies where Wario stock holds an entire game sometimes doesn't happen. I never said MK was bad as a tank or support. He just doesn't have the need to like Snack said. But either way if the roles were switched, it wouldn't make a difference because they're both good at doing the same thing.

Gifts said:
That's one thing I do find that I like about Wario in doubles... He is so versatile!
The exact same thing I said in my post:

Wario is definately Top 4 because he's so versatile

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
the mk can go offensive and wario can just get the kills, nado is really useful on doubles kause of the damage, personally i prefer g&w wario.

But yea mk and wario is really nice team no doubt

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Wario/Lucario is fun :D

D. Disciple and I did pretty dang well with it and we've never really teamed outside of today. Anubis does work nicely if you're a campier Wario, and regular just fighting it up works too.

I'd also like to add that waft is really nice when it comes to Anubis.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I added a minor synopsis based on pretty much my opinion and few facts alone.

I vote that we give each discussion a total of 2 weeks before moving on to something different.

Please remember that the OP is not set in stone and it's only there as a placeholder.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I'm very interested in trying Wario/Lucario. Snap and I will be doing this next local.
DP Anubis works best.

Any time D. Disciple and I just tried fighting normally, it was rough. When I was being opportunistic and airplanking and such, we always did really well.

Basically, if either of you are good at playing a really patient/campy style, the Lucario will enjoy the stock tanking and kill power of the waft when it's needed :)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I think dubs are more fun but I take singles seriously as I want to get PRed in m y state. But dubs are the best stress reliever for ******** singles mishaps.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think dubs are more fun but I take singles seriously as I want to get PRed in m y state. But dubs are the best stress reliever for ******** singles mishaps.
Tech Chase = Vertical Horizon ?

Characters wario should team with

MK
Snake (only good ones though)
Lucario
G&W

other acceptable characters

Donkey Kong
Kirby
Peach
Zelda
Pikachu
Pit

Unacceptable characters

everyone else.

ZTD | TECHnology

Tech Chase = Vertical Horizon ?

Characters wario should team with

MK
Snake (only good ones though)
Lucario
G&W

other acceptable characters

Donkey Kong
Kirby
Peach
Zelda
Pikachu
Pit

Unacceptable characters

everyone else.

I was wondering how long it would take for you to piece that together. What's up?

ZTD | TECHnology

Lol @ at my slew of secondaries. I main Snake, backup D3 and Wario these days. And yeah I'm still going strong. I still have a goal. Whats up with you?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Lol @ at my slew of secondaries. I main Snake, backup D3 and Wario these days. And yeah I'm still going strong. I still have a goal. Whats up with you?
Just chugging along. Trying to find a job so I can start attending tournies again. Playing Wario & Zelda.

Asa

Smash Hero
Is there really much to the lucario/wario discussion?

Wario is one of lucario's solemates because he can avoid damage and stocktank extremely well

I do like that lucario's fair and nair don't have too much knockback so you can sandwich people well

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I'll get D. Disciple to get in here.

Basically, Wario and Lucario are PB&J. Asa hit a lot of the basics.

Also, Wario can get kills for Lucario if he's a little low on aura. Dat waft and decent kill moves.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Wario and Lucario have been BFFs since grade school. They know everything about each other and they work incredibly well together. Wario is a stock holding champ and Lucario is all about the damage. Lucario deals nasty damage at high percentages and if he dies, Wario can step in, rack up some % and then go back to stock holding while Lucario goes about his business again.

It's just magic.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
characters names both rhyme omg.

So.

You got 2 options teaming realing.

Do whatever you want and The Anubis.

If you're extremely good at avoiding damage and the lucario is extremely good at aggroing together you make an extraordinary pair.

Do whatever you want is still strong too, Luc's no slouch at at support and wario can create tons of openings for AS to be thrown in.

its always better for lucario to die 1st as well, but don't freak if he doesn't, its no big deal.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
Wario is fine with recovery on his own. He has jumps, the bike, and the waft. Waft is always a last resort as it can be used for better things like killing people with it. But yes, they're two peas in a pod. They're PB&J, cheese pizza with extra cheese, etc, etc, etc.

culexus・wau

he doesn't ussually.

with the bike/he messes up and gets hit out of his bike he is though , from what I noticed.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
he doesn't ussually.

with the bike/he messes up and gets hit out of his bike he is though.
Wario has to be smart when using the bike, of course. A good Wario won't mess up on the recovery and allow himself to get knocked off the bike. But even though Wario players usually don't recover with waft, if he/she was to be placed in that situation, it's a must have. It'll always recharge itself, so why not, ya know?

culexus・wau

I guess.

Not everyone is perfect.

but a good wario won't mess up their recovery. most of the time.

Yeah this team is just good.

Top Bottom