• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
lets talk about my avatar. otto, what do you think about my avatar? you generally have good taste in avatars and you are frequently vocal about them. how about this one?

for the record, it's from a BGA from the music game drummania. i decided to put it up cuz me and raynex were talking about drummania/guitarfreaks a lot haha.

just so you have a little context u kno.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lets talk about my avatar. otto, what do you think about my avatar? you generally have good taste in avatars and you are frequently vocal about them. how about this one?

for the record, it's from a BGA from the music game drummania. i decided to put it up cuz me and raynex were talking about drummania/guitarfreaks a lot haha.

just so you have a little context u kno.
oh thats pretty cool. I have a mewtwo avatar.

Metà

Smash Master
lmao @ the last page

wtf mike what did I ever do to you? honestly I was one of the few people in the community who didn't already hate you.

I guess this is what I get for putting pictures of me in latex and cat ears on facebook LMAO

C!Z

Smash Lord
On the real though, watchin my set has hella inspired me. We should record more often. I'm hella tryna play too. Everybody come to smashfests and what not. If you're tryna get good let's do this. I wanna travel.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
c!z if you ever want to have a fest over winter break (which for me is like mid december to early january) just let me know. Also if you ever wanted to come to where i live and have a fest i'd probably pay for like half the bus+ferry cost. My friend and i both main marth so i think it would be good practice (i live on bainbridge island)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
hey otto. why don't you ever doubleshine/tripleshine etc. for shield pressure?

you're obviously one of the most consistent space animals at multishining, which is the main hurdle. just by doubleshining when you would usually shine once, you throw off the opponent's timing for getting out of shield pressure, you make your opponent more nervous and therefore worse at covering your usual shield pressure options, and if you don't leave the ground (which you're not supposed to) you can still do anything else you'd usually do.

just from even my own personal experience, people who attempt shieldgrab "standard" falco shield pressure (dair, shine, dair) often won't try to shieldgrab if you shine twice instead of once between the aerials.

dr.peepee and i think... druggedfox? were also talking about it on the falco boards or something, and pp said the only reason he didn't do it was because of techskill consistency (something you don't have to worry about)

and especially since you, of all people, are a big fan of unconventional empty hop etc. shield pressure, i think you could see really good results mixing up really "fast" shield pressure (aerials and doubleshines etc.) and suddenly doing "smart" shield pressure (empty jumps, spaced bairs, ftilts). it's also something i'm working on

food for thought?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
toph did you really try to explain the uses of shining more than once to silent wolf lol? .

short answer, he does double and triple shine. more so with falco.

I don't recall him triple shining with fox tho im sure he has at least once. but everyone is double shining with fox...even me lol.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
thanks kline.

toph, i do more than you can imagine, dont judge off one set brah
i very seriously was not judging off one set. i just haven't seen you play at all in a long time, and i was meaning to ask that for a while, and it reminded me - "oh hey, speaking of otto, let's ask him that thing i meant to ask him."

in general, too, though. i'm not petty enough to make judgments about how a person plays off one tournament. you know that -__-;

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
So I made a post like 3 pages back about gc Portland but never really got an answer. If someone could give me some carpool/housing info that would be much appreciated

EDIT: I saw eggz say on the tourney play site that basically everyone and their mother is going, if you guys could give me some info that would be cool

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
man otto

you dont know how much regret i have for not like, being more efficient with my homework back when i was in washington so i coulda smashed with you more often T_T

it is indeed pretty gay having to travel for hella just to get to smash with people...

never again will i take melee in an active area for granted

otto, i hope you will still be down to smash every week when i get back ^___^ cuz im not quitting until i feel like i have nothing left to do

yeah im always down to smash lol. me ciz and vish are startin to play more.

me and vish are going to pound 5. if anyone can go, let us know and well buy our tickets. sup kline? you goin?

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=1702202

Gage will probably be providing a good majority of the housing. Ideally everyone will be going, cuz the melee pots supposed to be huge and hella free nba tickets

canadians are taking 3 carpools from what i hear
alright sounds cool. for carpooling id probably need to be picked up from the seattle ferry dock. otto, message me info or something

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty much in the same mindset, I'd play smash 100% of my free time if I could lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yeah im always down to smash lol. me ciz and vish are startin to play more.

me and vish are going to pound 5. if anyone can go, let us know and well buy our tickets. sup kline? you goin?
yea, a few more paychecks and ill have the dough. made a little over 3 hundred working 3 days last week. so I should be down to go.

how much are the tickets?

also hayato may be willing to room and split hotel with us.

melon

Smash Cadet
Sounds like there are a lot of UW / U District smashers here. Could I (and maybe my roommate) get in on this? Do you guys meet up anywhere?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Melon, yeah UW melee players play all the time and there are a lot of players who don't really play with other people that often that kind of stick to the U-District exclusively. You can get really good practice in that area.

Kline, hook this melon ***** up.

Top Bottom