• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
So specific. . . if that is the case, my term ends on the 7th, but I think that is after finals, and I might only have finals until that Wednesday. . . so it is fine by me if I can be in a carpool. I'll talk to Shane.

SR-388

Smash Rookie
Yes! im still like halfway through yoshis island. also this made way more sense when i was older. yoshi is all about gettin on those fuzzys and gettig dizzy. yoshi was to advanced for my child like mind at the time. only later did i fully understand his wisdom in getting fuzzys while having a baby on your back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEAc2cUHaIk

also this reminds me older games and then these guys do songs about old games.....memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6L9bUouDr8

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Yoshi soundtracks are proof that every Yoshi main is sandbagging, and at any moment they can play Yoshi to his full potential, using the AT: Yoshi soundtracks. If a Yoshi main so chooses to start singing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghTrcPBp3s the combination of obnoxiousness and nostalgia will result into multiple 4-stocks and orgasms.

^all 100% true.

Also, Yoshi SFX are top tier.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
fun fact: Purpletuce got brought up in the MBR recently LOL

and I quote (author withheld)

I never posted this in MD because for the most part there's no one there who isnt ********(except Purpletuce, that guys pretty cool) and I'd prefer it stay out of MD, again because everyone is ********.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
:D :D :D unfortunately, I heard the MBR can't make new members due to some lack of MLG support. Oh well, a purple avatar and text will have to suffice for now . . . but yeah, I hope to see you there commonyoshi, judging by your name, we'll probably get along ;)

Random questions for Washington:

1. Would any of you guys consider going to Oregon again for another tourney, and

2. Does anyone know/support/have experience with Swiss brackets? They sound cool, but Foos(only major TO in Oregon) doesn't like them. :\

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
1. We used to go to Oregon all the time. Most of us (at least our good players) travel a lot, so yes.

2. Tafokints used to run Swiss tournaments I think. You should hit him up on Facebook (Daniel Lee). afaik they were fairly successful.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I'm personally done with the Oregon trips for now. Maybe if the attendance starts getting better by a good margin.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
TBH I'm quite a bit upset with out attendence. We have three major smash cities, Portland (the biggest) is the only one that showed up (excluding myself and 2 Melee players from Eugene.) If those two groups had a full showing, they might go up a carpool each, so entrants to Melee might grow by 9.

If WA ended up coming down, that would be amazing, but if not that is fine.

I sent Tafokints a message, although it would be appreciated if you also sent him a message . . . thanks :D

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oh yeah, smashboards.

i forgot.

ciz have you heard talk of potentially bringing back PR pools to washington? i don't know if you were ever around when we used to do it - but it's being discussed right now in the facebook group (with nothing difinitive decided at this point)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
TBH I'm quite a bit upset with out attendence. We have three major smash cities, Portland (the biggest) is the only one that showed up (excluding myself and 2 Melee players from Eugene.) If those two groups had a full showing, they might go up a carpool each, so entrants to Melee might grow by 9.
I think what Ciz is saying (and I mirror his sentiments) is that Washington would be a lot more inclined to visit Oregon if we weren't supplying nearly half of the turnout.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Yeah, I understand. Hopefully in the future we will get more people from corvallis and Eugene other than myself in bracket. There are more good smashers in Oregon.

Sorry about that :/

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Swiss Bracket is actually a good idea, but the problem is TioPro does not support that format. :(

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Foos said Tio supports it. . . although I might have misunderstood.

To Kline: I am a relatively new Yoshi main that is in Corvallis Oregon. I am also Logan MacFarland, I've seen you both on Facebook and the (Yoshi) boards. From your posts on Facebook you seem like a funny guy, from your posts on the boards you seem like an a**.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I dont really know how u can not play project M if u play melee...I use lucario I suppose

Purple sauce...Im hella funny...and Im not an ***. get at me.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Funniness noted. I feel like P:M isn't really essential if you play Melee, but I think most people enjoy it. Seems like a good side event, at this point.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LMAO Kline is on the Yoshi boards? Why does that not surprise me.

Also I don't think PM is inferior at all, considering it's basically Melee with minor tweaks. It's just not the main game.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Kline isn't so much on the Yoshi boards, but he was. He seemed to only go there to trash talk every Yoshi and pick internet fights.

I think the biggest problem with P:M is the fact that it isn't finished, so what's the point in going all out on it, if when the next version comes out, you get nerfed? Melee is constant, as well as the standard.

C!Z

Smash Lord
It's inferior when Zelda mains and other low tier mains are making the game and making their characters super good for no reason. I just also really hate pokemon and characters like Olimar. They make the game really dumb. Melee is perfect. Anything else is just bad.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I don't know who you are either

i play both melee and PM, sure zelda is annoying as **** to fight (if youre playing a fast faller or spacie, matchup is annoying as ****, unless youre just ****in good and don't give a ****)

play a lightweight like sheik, she ***** zelda

C!Z

Smash Lord
I never said she was OP. She's just much better than she should be, cuz of the developers. It will just never be a balanced game cuz the developers aren't people who are really good at Melee. So there will always be some bias. It's just for people who don't respect Melee and how good it is. Just kids who want something new. I'm done talking to you, though.

Top Bottom