• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

If we get a big turnout we might actually have 3 crews or a crew tournament. I have a feeling that just two oversized crews wont be as focused, but who knows.
theres no such thing as an oversized crew. if anything, there would be less focus and hype if there were more crews, as well as more imbalance lol.

idk iceman, the top few might not wanna go to that cuz its right after pound. nobody wants to play much on a small scale after somethin like that.

MasterC

Smash Ace
well imo >12 is too big, but watevs.

Iceman's tournament is like March 12th or something now, the week after GC.
the ***? i thought it was after pound like the 26th?

and 12 is an appropriate crew i feel like, if you have 3 crews it'll be hella weak and imbalanced tho, who's gonna lead the third one? teddy? lol shane took him out with 1 stock last time i remember

MasterC

Smash Ace
If we have more than 20 people, we should be doin teams instead of crews.
we should do teams regardless lol if ppl don't wanna do teams tho we should do crews (like last time)

cuz some ppl don't wanna do teams and some ppl don't wanna team with ppl who do wanna do teams lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
That actually makes alot of sense C!zWiz. Which means no more than 10 in a crew.

If we were to have 3 crews you would give picks based on crew performance. So teddy would just choose first in which case he would get a vishwas, and Id end up stuck with shane lol. Otto be gettin off too tho, jus sayin shane got off last time.

Teddy Otto Shane
Vish Ciz Kaos
Ice skill skill-1
... ... ...

so from last time shane would beat teddy or otto and prob take a stock or two off ciz/vish. One of them may beat me with their 2-3 stocks or I might win with 1 remaining. then Id **** ice just like last time <3 lol and we win...jus like last time. balanced as **** my n1ggas.

But also it makes it important to get to know the *****s who be coming to the tourneys, you dont wanna get ****ed up in crews on youtubes.

overall I think its pretty hype/fun and a good exp. It gives everybody a chance in the spotlight u kno.

@charles, to be honest Alot of top players would team with a regular just for good practice...Like I could see otto teaming with peter, shane somebody other than gage(right my *****? lol). As long as you didnt laser me homie Id team with you or Austin or evan or my ***** Dmac!

plus with more ppl there is just a bigger selection of team mates. Just everybody show up March 5th and we will do whatever the **** we want.

3 crews is dumb cuz that would be 3 different crew battles. People would have to pay more money and thered be less hype for each one. Like ciz said, if we had enough for 3 crews wed try to do teams. I know you're eager to have done somethin for the community but think that ish thru

And stop postin in purple negro. All ur doin is makin me not want to read that **** lol
Edit: also teddys too focused on brawl to be a crew captain

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I only said that having a 3 crew battle was a possibility while already admitting if we had enough ppl we might as well do teams as per C!Z suggestion. Just because we have 3 crews doesnt mean ppl have to pay 2 times. It could very well be winner take all. It was only a suggestion, I was merely stating that it was possible and could be fun.

You gotta be a lil more open with ideas, nobody says we have to use them. Ur le shutter down of all things not silent wolf status hype lol. You dont know if people would be really into 3 team crews, or not. Neither do I, its not like we asked anybody or tried it. I mean, you dont know if ppl prefer crews over team or whatever. Im trying not to just think about what WE want, but what all the smasher want in WA.

Whether Teddy was a crew captain or not would be completely up to him, he also could assign his duties to the next guy aka vishous. The most important thing about teddy being a captain is that he would need to choose first and play his match when it came up. It could easily be done even if he was in the bathroom taking a **** for most of the crew battle.

Purple *****...and honestly, you dont have to read my posts. I wouldnt hold it against you if u didnt. and white is better than default imo.

MasterC

Smash Ace
white's def better than default but i'm too lazy to switch sh*t up and i think 3 crews would be doin too much dawg, we can take a poll but i'd put money on *****s not wanting 3 crews

Lol I know it was a suggestion, that's why I treated it as such. Like I said, think things thru. Think about it, why wouldn't people pay twice? Are we doing a 3 man bracket or something? That wouldn't be fair. If we had 3, each crew would have to play each crew, therefore thered have to be money for each one. If one crew loses they're not gonna want to pay to lose again if they aren't confident. 3 crew battles would mean the hype is spread out, nad teddys crew would get much less hype. I said somethin cuz you brought up an idea and only pointed out the perks of it when the negatives clearly outweigh them imo. The negatives on top of the fact that we have better options.

MasterC

Smash Ace
^what otto said, look at the negatives but peep the PR thread otto and get bak to me dawg, i'm hella interested in how tournies were ran bak when WA was hella hype/good at melee

I agree, purple does have forced sex, but that doesn't mean you need to make your posts harder to read when only your homies are reading them, let alone you're walls of text lol. C agrees with me and I'm sure no one disagrees. I'm not tryna make a big deal out of it or anything, I just don't see the point lol.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
i agree with otto on both counts (one crew battle better than two, and purple being weird to read)

edit: yooo we gotta bring the casuals up

i think i'm gonna spend time in washington when i get back trying to smash with every like, group of people. like i wanna visit the fed and get vista to bring his friends out for a day, visit south and smash with everyone down there, and just travel to all the different groups of casuals and try to get them more hype for the game. add everybody on facebook, make friends with them and try to get them interested/better. it'll be harder for me cuz i don't have a car, but i think it'd be fun and kinda neat

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yeah **** purple. MELEE DUBZ!

Oh ****, we might have to use the kitchen table for set ups(if that's coo C?) if there's gonna be hella peeps.

Jem- Quit lurkin and enter some Melee mang.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
I'd go if you can get an attendance list with at least 15 people.
I haven't invited all the randoms where i live yet, or the asians that go to gc (anyone know how to contact them?). Before I went to tourneys I organized a tourney that 18 people from bainbridge alone went to, i.e. 15 is probs going to happen

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
that sounds dope. you guys gotta bring these randoms up man!!! no sense *****in about "not enough players" then you don't go outta your way to befriend the randoms

GET THAT **** :DDD

you guys should go to the tourney and just make it a point to make sure nobody feels left out or whatever

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@Toph-There is a strong chance Id be willing to roll wit u, however it may be by bus or driving.

I feel it Otto, but u would do round robin with some sort of tie breaking mechanic.

Like I said, Im down for dubz and reg crews too. But the purp Prob aint goin nowhere....unless everybody agrees to post in white lol. No reason in particular, other than I just like posting in purple. Ill admit its probably harder to read, but light purple aka orchid on Black isnt too hard to read.

@Iceman-Ur **** is after GC, so if they show we can let them know then. Assuming u are referring to the dude with the asian tag, lolstuff, wingu<---add him to the group ryu i think his name is, and maybe a third dude. I dont think anybody knows how to contact them or even knows their real names.

@MAsta C-sounds like we got ppl coming...what time are u gonna be there (if u can make it =) cuz Ill come thru and help u set up and or prepare if u want. Imma try to bring my tv if I can get ahold of Dj combo cuz my extra is still at his place. We honestly may have enough ppl for a bracket, something like 2-5$ entry would be on point.

I will be driving up tomorrow but Im leaving by 12 cuz I have to pick my mom up from the airport. ppl north of me Otto, ciz I can take ppl up but im def leaving at 12, and Id be able to drop u guys off since u are b4 the airport and ****.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Didn't read Kline's long *** post LOL.

Get HYPE! I challenge Vish to a 10$ MM tomorrow. When we're both warmed up. You better accept. There better be side bets as well!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
HYPE!!!

Otto *****....im not even gonna lie to u, you have noooo idea LMAO. I dont give a **** about the MBR really, just got dam, a ****in purple name would ****. Im bout to just get hella good for the sole purpose of getting a purple name.

MMs ***** OWwww! **** son, Ill throw a 5 down on my ***** Vishwas Otto!!!!!

NONE of that **** was addressed to you anyway C!ZZy. But thanks for sharing

alright, nate said we can use the bowl. just gotta let him know a month in advance and it has to be a good date. might have to be a sunday.

i think we should hold one there in spring. march or april. get a bunch of tourneys goin, ukno?

Eggz

Smash Hero
if we were to do 3 crews, it would be played out in pools and winner would take all
more money for the winner but meh
rather do 2 crews. mad hype cuz its me vs otto which i enjoy
2 person crew tournament would be interesting, especially if we drew names out of a hat for pairings or something

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
alright, nate said we can use the bowl. just gotta let him know a month in advance and it has to be a good date. might have to be a sunday.

i think we should hold one there in spring. march or april. get a bunch of tourneys goin, ukno?
ohhh yeah nate works in a bowling alley

oh my god i thought you were talking about, you know, the bowl portion of nate's bong. i.e. "smoking a bowl." so i read that as, "alright, nate said we can smoke a bowl out of his bong, but we gotta let him know a month in advance" and im like... damn nate

melon

Smash Cadet
Fun stuff today! Too bad I could only stay a couple hours.

Also if anyone left their GC memory card at MasterC's place, I think I picked up an extra one on my way out somehow.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Was fun seeing you guys again. Been over a year since i've seen most of you.

Master C- thanks for hosting everyone, that was a good grip of people, and half those mofos were drunk, pretty nice of you to put up with all our **** lol
master c is the homie :D

Andreas- Though you probably wont see this, thanks for staying and playing me that best of 5 before leaving ^^

Andy- samus is gay Q_Q nah but ur still **** lol

Vish- >_> you got better fml good **** though

Stefan- You still **** too, though you probably were having an off day x_X i think the name punisher suits you fine lol

Eggz- LoL this guy, thanks for playing that last match with me, though you were clearly drunk smh

Sw- thanks for ****** me, nothing new lol

Ciz- You seem to have lost some of "it" (still **** though) but ur definately get it back pretty quick if ur constantly playing people like sw

Anthony- lol at ur fox still beating my falco yet you still too stubborn to use him. Still sticking falcon smh
fox or falco sir, falcon only if you want to look sexy/side things

sk8master- i think i played you only a couple of times but not 100% sure lol (sorry) but you seemed pretty good, and damn that must have been a long as hell drive, thanks for coming

Randoms- sorry that i didn't remember all ur names, but whoever i played thanks for playing me, it was fun.

Kline- thanks for helping me finally fix my controller... i ended up losing it 2 hours later after i went out to eat >_>

If anyone finds i think it was black but i don't remember, controller with a lil chipped joystick, you can kind of tell, then please get it back to me asap.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yesterday was fun, we should do that more often. Shouts to Charles.

South- You guys shoulda sat down at the tv's I was playin on. I only got to play Syler a few times and that was it. Don't be afraid to hop in. I play those other guys more than anyone else, so it's no biggie if I don't play them that much.

Top Bottom