• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

CIZ

i was watchin you vs vish. like all you were doing was short hopping with marth and throwing out attacks when he got kinda close. and youd be hella aggressive with nairs and stuff too. you gotta play trickier than that. get better at using dash dancing, watch m2k or somethin. use more short hop, jump back double jump, and wavelands on platforms after that sometimes. learn to control how far you waveland so you dont jst waveland off each time and be predictable and not safe.

Valban

Smash Apprentice
you guys know if east Washington is active at all? all I can find of east WA are from about a year ago or longer. I'm sure I'll travel for a tourney sometime west coast but..... ya.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im pretty sure they are, Ive never been over there and the only person I talk to still is yardo. But most of the EaWa players also play brawl and then use AIB much more than SWF.

Its been a minute since we heard from them

nDie

Smash Apprentice
you guys know if east Washington is active at all? all I can find of east WA are from about a year ago or longer. I'm sure I'll travel for a tourney sometime west coast but..... ya.
There are a few at WSU if you are close to there.

C!Z

Smash Lord
My boy Bisno! Good stuff Kline and Vish.

Adam- Yeah, I definitely need to get more consistent. Watchin those vids sucked lol, I hate how many mistakes I make.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Vish got 3rd seed and Kline got 2nd seed?

Hmmmm

SOMEBODYS MOVIN UP ON THE PR

Btw how'd you do Ciz??

Ciz, your Sheik looked really good btw :] Even if your Marth was obviously way off.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I didn't make it out =[

I didn't know it was President's day weekend, or else I would have never accepted my travel to be standby...
so basically 20 hours of waitin at the airport and 4 missed flights later, I'm still here in Seattle. FML

Thanks Toph. Been playin her more lately, she's hella fun.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I didn't make it out =[

I didn't know it was President's day weekend, or else I would have never accepted my travel to be standby...
so basically 20 hours of waitin at the airport and 4 missed flights later, I'm still here in Seattle. FML

Thanks Toph. Been playin her more lately, she's hella fun.
Wow, that is mad gay.

Dude I hope you're still playing when I get back though. It would be SO gay to have put in all the work I'm putting in just to see one of the homies drop out.

Let's **** Genesis 2 Ciz :]

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
Vish got 3rd seed and Kline got 2nd seed?

Hmmmm

SOMEBODYS MOVIN UP ON THE PR
Kline only had s2j in his pool.
Vish had tec0 and scar so I kind of expected both of these results.

Also I don't remember what thread it was but all these people were talking about how 3 lost a mm to kline 2-0. They were like man 3 sux, he lost a mm to kaostar.

Whatever I just hope Otto gets top 10

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Vish coulda beat Scar. Just sayin'.

Otto is bout to pull a huge upset, I can feel it. He's gonna knock PP out of winner's or something. Watch.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Kline only had s2j in his pool.
Vish had tec0 and scar so I kind of expected both of these results.

Also I don't remember what thread it was but all these people were talking about how 3 lost a mm to kline 2-0. They were like man 3 sux, he lost a mm to kaostar.

Whatever I just hope Otto gets top 10
LoL at **** talk, though im sure everyone agrees vish had a harder pool for the first round

As for the thread it was called the pound 5 info dump and was referring to 3 doing $700 worth of mm's.

Btw if you guys wanted the quote

Well if he lost to Kaostar (no offense), he's probably going to be walking out of Pound 5 with not much.
Damn Kline you better **** some people up!! Get em Kline!!

Oh yeah another update, vish made it to r3 of pools and beat lord hdl in r2 (best link player in the world for those of you who don't know).

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Vish, I know u can advance at LEAST 2 rounds in 1v1 bracket! You got this!

Otto... top 10 plz. Just don't stop the ****. My best advice is play as gay as you can. When there's a chance to kill and it's reasonably safe, just do it. Don't be flashy. Just stick to what you know and be PATIENT! <3

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Im a fan of japanese smashers, especially old school ones/the ones that were around in the 2005 era, but i don't agree aniki > hdl (i don't approve!!) besides least i heard aniki switched mains to samus a few years back.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I got out round 2, vish got out round 3.

blunted object and silent otto both have 1st seed placement in brackets.

vish been doing hella mm's he tight now for real.

vmans yoshi best azen in pools, azen beat hax and somebody else.

its tight up here

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
vman is a beast I guess o_O

Kline who did you lose to in your pool? Also was Vish able to beat anyone in that R3 pool or did he lose to everybody? :x

btw who did Otto **** lol

Edit: Also I think Eric got 2nd seed, not first. According to the Pound 5 info dump thread, Remen got 1st seed in that pool. But Eric beat Kels, which is tight.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Otto beat Plank, Linguini and Kirbykaze in his 3rd round pool. He also beat Mango in the loser's bracket. Don't know much else.

All I know about Eric is that he beat Shroomed in winner's.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
pound was so tight. eric/otto made me proud. def underrated! ! .

also...ban brinstar vs vish lol (if u play spacie). vish is mad good. omg I miss rohins so much, ***** is my boi!

****in so close to top 10 lol. i got 13th, which is at least better than last time so im not too upset. i was 1 uair away from beating vanz in bracket and he smash DId 2 in a row then beat me lol. me and remens set in bracket was tight, he got me tho. i couldnt handle a player as fast as him, not used to it anymore. i lost to him in round 2 pools but we both were playin much worse.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
man that has to be such an amazing compliment hahah, having otto say "i couldnt handle a player as fast as him"

i gotta get to that level hahaha

:D

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Silent Wolf!!!

Good **** man!!! I was watching soooooooooooooooo many of your matches... I'd be honored to play you.... you know... I never even came up and talked to you either...><;

I should've at least done that but I didn't do that... either... grrrr... Next tourney were at man... we def need to play.. I'd be honored... and I hope I can do well and stuff ^^

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
WA shout out (alphabetized)

Ciz - sucks the plane ride didn't work out, was looking forward to kickin it with you. I'll see you when I hit up WA and at Genesis 2

Kline - you got way better. That tech skill practice really payed off and you make much better decisions in your matches. You have a much better grasp of the game overall, look forward to playing you again.

Silent Wolf - it was tight chillin. Somehow we didnt play but it's all good. You did really well and I liked that you kept a professional attitude about your sets and didn't throw away your potential getting hammered. Keep it up and earn the recognition you deserve as a great player not just for your tech skill.

Vish - you impressed me. Imo youre an upcoming star captain main. I watched and set you up with a bunch of money matches, you played really well in ask of them. I feel like you just need some more matchup experience (particularly sheik) and you'll be set. Teaming with you was really tight. For our first time teaming we did well. Our styles def complement each other and I'd def be down to team again Genesis.

Top Bottom