• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, is this for real? I remember you from Axis. No more Brawl ZSS? We play in Seattle most Wednesdays. Where are you staying?
For really real! No more Brawl ZSS, haven't touched the game in a couple years. I live on Beacon Hill. I don't mind commuting a bit if I have to.

MasterC

Smash Ace
i propose a smashfest this week for bluefox, myroboticclaw, and whomever else is down lol fiending cuz i had to miss GC to study for this d*** final tomorrow :/ done with finals at 1030 monday morning tho place your votes now for a date/time

wed would be tight tho lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
mainly melee. but there are a couple ppl who play 64, we never brawl at these fests.

hit up blade wise, eggz, and vish if u wanna brawl or meet wa brawl players

:phone:

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol vish for brawl lol but yea we f** wit 64 man, only thing is i only have 2 controllers and one is SHOT so if you wanna play bring a setup and/or a controller at least

i'm always down to play melee, 64, marvel, street fighter, zombies, halo, perfect dark/goldeneye, mario kart, etc. (you guys don't want it) at fests so if you want somethin specific just give it a shoutout so i can try to have it setup in advance

EDIT: and we're prob (and by that i mean like 75% sure) that we're havin a fest this wed at my place near UW, confirm plz...

253-359-6653
5037 16th ave ne
seattle, wa 98105

MasterC

Smash Ace
setups always appreciated!! especially if you wanna get down on 64, we usually have enough melee going but bring it just in case plz :D

EDIT: and don't be shy to come or ask q's via text message if you wanna get ahold of me i'm usually attached to my phone haha

myroboticclaw, who did you play melee with prior to being in wa? also whats your name so i never have to type that again lol

LayinPipe

Smash Rookie
Alright, ill see if I can find my old 64 controllers, I think a friend has my system. I might be down for getting my *** kicked in melee too. What time is it gonna be at on Wed?

MasterC

Smash Ace
lol otto, i thought the same thing when i saw his username rofl

i guess you guys can show up anytime on wed afternoon, we'll shoot for 4pm? and we can go until whenever ppl are too tired or hafta leave lol

diaknonos: just about everyone i can think of that plays melee in seattle lives in dorms, apartments, or houses with/without roommates

Diakonos

Smash Lord
lol otto, i thought the same thing when i saw his username rofl

i guess you guys can show up anytime on wed afternoon, we'll shoot for 4pm? and we can go until whenever ppl are too tired or hafta leave lol

diaknonos: just about everyone i can think of that plays melee in seattle lives in dorms, apartments, or houses with/without roommates
That's pretty amazing. Can you drop some names for me?

I'm (distantly) considering a 10 month school/training program in Seattle. And it'd be sick to live with a smasher. Would be from August 2012 - June 2013.

CANADIANS PLAN AHEAD

I'm (distantly) considering a 10 month school/training program in Seattle. And it'd be sick to live with a smasher. Would be from August 2012 - June 2013.

CANADIANS PLAN AHEAD
do iiit. thatd be **** if we had manuel. youd live really close to me manuel =))

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
It's cool, are you going Teddy? Could u grab me from bellvue if possible? Also is before 4pm doable so we won't hit rush hour?

Also c are people crashing at all or are allowed to if we run late?

LayinPipe

Smash Rookie
Should I even come if I haven't played melee in 2+ years? I'm kind of a natural at most video games and I can play brawl well, but I've never played against people who use advanced techs like wavedashing. So.... I'm gonna get ***** if no one there is mediocre. :urg:

Diakonos

Smash Lord
do iiit. thatd be **** if we had manuel. youd live really close to me manuel =))
Mhmmm. And I might learn how to play against Fox.

Well, I just imagine sharing an apartment or whatever with a smasher would be more affordable than trying to find some random housing in Seattle. It'd also be moar legit. Does Kris live in Seattle itself?

The location of the school is:
1411 NW 50th St
Seattle, WA 9810

Anyway, I just want some background info in case I decide to pursue this opportunity further.

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
Should I even come if I haven't played melee in 2+ years? I'm kind of a natural at most video games and I can play brawl well, but I've never played against people who use advanced techs like wavedashing. So.... I'm gonna get ***** if no one there is mediocre. :urg:
Yeah you'll get whooped but you should go anyway, get better :)

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Mhmmm. And I might learn how to play against Fox.

Well, I just imagine sharing an apartment or whatever with a smasher would be more affordable than trying to find some random housing in Seattle. It'd also be moar legit. Does Kris live in Seattle itself?

The location of the school is:
1411 NW 50th St
Seattle, WA 9810

Anyway, I just want some background info in case I decide to pursue this opportunity further.
oh wow what a coincidence because me and Kris will be looking for a place for next year around the uw-seattle area. That address you gave is a 10 min drive from where we live now. Thats crazy haha.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I can wavedash and Im terrible. Just come and hang out and have a good time...and play some smash lol.

Do you own a copy of melee and a cube/wii? controller?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Everyone in the brawl community called him "Claw".
Oh **** I've actually heard of that guy LOL

CANADIANS PLAN AHEAD
Yooo I'd be so down for this lol. Gotta see what ends up happening with me after next year first, but yeah.

Also omg stop calling me Kris online, it's so weird to read LOL.

@LayinPipe, the only time smashers in Washington aren't receptive to newbies is when they show up and are really awkward and don't say anything. Probably cuz they're worried about what people will think of them. Just show up and be social and play and have a good time hahah. Play some teams or something, that's what I did at my first smashfest, I got rocked but it was a lot of fun.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
man i got pissed at both my controllers this morning and took a hammer to em, luckily my only good one is at oreo's house

Top Bottom