• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Shane, straight up. Since i stopped using all drugs and stopped drinking, i've become more consistent and even improved my smash game. Without even practicing. U dont need adderral to help u focus and/or booze to calm your nerves for tournaments. Practice meditation and just take a break from drinking and stuff. The results will speak for themselves. I know u coulda made bracket... As tough as 3rd round pools were.

:phone:

ThePrime

Smash Lord
^
seriously shane. Fyi shane technically didn't even make it to 3rd round pools. Dunskies (?) in round 2 pools gave it to shane.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
You can be social without having some kind of substance in you lol. Not saying you should go in 'anti social tourney mode' but rather that you don't need **** to play better.

on it. got too caught up in the social aspect. next time im stayin zen and listening to music and ignoring everything else.
thats a lie. you say that every ****ing time.

you know its possible to chill and stay warmed up/**** in the tourney. what you should do is stay sober at all times aside from nights at the hotel. and dont stay up till 4am every night.

youre such a drunk, and its actually really disappointing. youve lost all respect you had within the smash community and its apparent when i hear people talk about you.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Otto, that was a little harsh. I dunno the extent of that truth and i obviously don't hang out with shane as much as you do. I dunno... I just want the northwest to **** harder. Can't we all just step up our game?

C!Z

Smash Lord
I agree it was harsh, but I also feel it's 97% reality. I know what he's talkin about. He's concerned for his best friend. It if wasn't harsh it wouldn't be real.

nDie

Smash Apprentice
In lighter news, I landed a job today, so I'm gonna have money to start taking smash seriously and going to fests and tourneys up north again.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
You have my support shane. If u need help, ask me. I've tried quitting so many times. This time i got it though. But i could **** up at any time. I got 12 steps and aa nikkuh. And a beautiful woman that im pursuing. I find women to be a great motivator.

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
me an oreo get f'd up every other weekend, but i'm having a job now so yea, and schools starting up soon so i'll be busy full time, until then, 40's all day

PandaMageMaltDrinka

Smash Apprentice
and i feel ya shane, drinkings a ***** to stop, and its boring without it, but i'm telling you, a REAL FEMALE will help you thru it all, also, you've got to learn to have fun without drinking all over again like when you were young, hah its like re living your youth but with obligations and responsibilities, you'll do fine man, you a smart dude, you got this, WA smash supports you

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yes please @ wa-bc merging

also get at yakal. AKA a true homie

i don't think i would've got out of my 2nd round of pools without yakal

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
SHOUTOUTS TO MY WASHINGTON HOMIES:

I love you C!Z <3 but you already know. I'll come over one of these days for reals.
EGGZ - I almost drank with you my skinny friend. You know we'll be kickin it in the future for sure.
OTTO - Take care of my boi C!Z. You got swag and it was nice meeting you.
and... I don't remember who it was exactly but whoever was wearing the shirt "GOT MOONWALK?"

YEAAA. I GOT IT! *moonwalks all over his blackness*

BladeWise

Smash Lord
@Shane: do it
@Dark Ryu: That was Kline aka KAOSTAR

@everyone: Melee is ****ing awesome. We need to keep the scene strong. We had around 30 person tournaments for like 3 months in a row, easily outnumbering Brawl, and then people disappeared in the following months.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah, hmm. I wanna get something going at the UW when I get back. I gotta talk to that guy Onski from Norcal who ran tourneys for a while out of SFSU (San Francisco State) and see what he did. I'll try to put some stuff together when I get back.

Also, Teddy I'd like to smash with you more often in friendlies and stuff when I get back :D

Eggz

Smash Hero
i dont get the point when we already have 30 people showing up to gc with plenty of setups to run a tournament

its already fine

people need to just go lol

and word anthony, ill keep that in mind

marco: youre so ****in cool

Smash Apprentice
When is the next GC? I want to go but I'm always sooooooo busy. For whatever reason the date August6th stuck in my head as the date for the next one, if that's the case I STILL won't be able to make it on account of having to play music.

Anyway I definitely want to get back into it, just might be another month or so until I can dedicate what little free time I have to it. :c

I practice lots though, lately two hours or so a day, not that I'm sure it's going to help with out any real people to play haha. There's always videos though. Nice being here again, though.

i dont get the point when we already have 30 people showing up to gc with plenty of setups to run a tournament

its already fine

people need to just go lol
i think the last few gcs have been below 15 people. but yea if people went we could have 30 for sure. i think having UW events could be a big help tho, esp with attracting new people. vish or someone told me they once had a tourney with like 100 people, and people from UW are always poppin up on swf (i could be remembering wrong). if toph advertises hella and gets a lot of people to go to those we would just have to advertise gameclucks/swf/whatever

or hang up flyers about gc melee around uw campus lol

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Man, that would be so ****en tite to get tournaments of that scale going in the northwest. Telling us in advance, we could probably get 4 or so people to come down from bc as well. Hopefully more.

Eggz

Smash Hero
otru otto. I wasn't even considering getting new people, just maintaining our own. We should hit up the SF monthlies or send ambassadors or somethin lmfao and drop some flyers there

MasterC

Smash Ace
what about me??? :3

shane, real talk, i drove thru sultan/monroe today and i TOTALLY understand why you obsessively get drunk and do stupid things

BUT, i kno you're a better person than that on the inside and i hope you redeem yourself as a top level smasher someday soon xD

Top Bottom