• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Oreodude

Smash Cadet
I remember I brought it up cuz I was telling andy how much I hate fd nd he said I should learn to like it.

I kno I didnt go into much detail but wat r some non noob reasons to like fd?

:phone:

FD has different style combos, or at least is more consistent with having these kind of combos occur cuz platforms dont interrupt them and force you to improvise. also it looks dope.

i bet toph would have more to say about this

Oreodude

Smash Cadet
Also noticed its easier to maintain stage control. Nd harder to get control back (due to no platform approaches to get back to the middle)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
FD is da best for doc vs. spacies
I struck to FD and beat the best doc in the world on that stage last weekend yay. lost the set tho

also everything otto said. I think the way the punish game works on that stage forces you to be really disciplined with your neutral game, i.e. you can't do anything stupid when you approach, and you can't be sloppy when you camp either because there aren't any platforms to escape to. If anything I think playing there (or at least, not being afraid to play there) can build a lot of good habits (you'll know as soon as you've done something stupid).

pandacheck

Smash Ace
m2k on FD looks dope, swear u could make a flavor flav fatty CHAIN necklace with all them CHAINS m2k be getting, bad joke, whatever

Crypt

Smash Cadet
I struck to FD and beat the best doc in the world on that stage last weekend yay. lost the set tho
yeah i'll probably fight you or sw at the next gc and strike to FD somehow and still get ***** haha. i'm guessing you beat shroomed?

sucks that you didn't win the set though

m2k on FD looks dope, swear u could make a flavor flav fatty CHAIN necklace with all them CHAINS m2k be getting, bad joke, whatever
that was pretty legit

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yeah. then he beat me on stadium twice rofl (we both counterpicked it)

then again I think his doc might be rusty(?) cuz he's been playing a lot of sheik and marth in friendliez. idk tho

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
He said several times that he's dropping doc. Not good enough of a character, being hindered by it, etc

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Good **** today Trent and Derek

Awesome to see you again Anthony

Hoping to get in on more SoWA smash, but I'm still pretty busy so we'll see.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Is there any chance we could get housing from anyone? I was originally going just by myself and getting housed by Shadic, but then Yakal said he would come with as well, and then housing got iffy with Shadic because he wasn't sure if it would fly with his mom. Now that Sion is going too, it might be hard to convince Shadic to let us all stay at his place.

So is there any other place we could go? House your Canadian homies ^_^

MasterC

Smash Ace

Sort of want to go.
SION COME, I WILL HOUSE <3

Ready to smash near north Seattle and adjacent cities anyone down for this weekend? Sometime soon is even more dandy. I can't host atm ... Gameclucks?

DEF COME TO GC THIS WEEKEND BUT I'll HIT YOU UP NEXT WEEK FOR SMASH DEFINITELY

just got a new car so i'm actually able to travel to/from fests ^_^

you can text me if you want tho, i live off exit 175 (i5)
253 359 6653 charlie aka charles aka masterc

Does NE 65th St & 9th Ave NE in Seattle work for you? (my place)

feel free to text or call if interested, 240-449-5312
we should smash too man, i talked to vish but then he bailed on smashing, banana said you're pretty good tho! ;)

Is there any chance we could get housing from anyone? I was originally going just by myself and getting housed by Shadic, but then Yakal said he would come with as well, and then housing got iffy with Shadic because he wasn't sure if it would fly with his mom. Now that Sion is going too, it might be hard to convince Shadic to let us all stay at his place.

So is there any other place we could go? House your Canadian homies ^_^

I GOT YOU GUYS
253 359 6653
3420 ne 147th st
lake forest (seattle) 98155

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Hey, I'll be moving to Wenatchee, Washington soon. Any info on if anyone is there?

PS: Sent a request to the facebook group. Vincent Chan.

Top Bottom