• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Rhyme rite....don't say that plz! Don't Jinx it (the pokemon or the SSB! Plz don't Jynx it)! I hope it not the last SSB game....that would make me sad, wat next the end of Mario, DK, LOZ, Star Fox, Kirbys' Dreamland Series, and Metroid?
Hey man, the end of Donkey Kong has already come...ever since Rare stopped working for Nintendo, every DK game has sucked...i mean, 'Donkey Kongas'? Bull s**t!! 'DK, king of swing'? Bull s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only good game DK has been in since Rare's absence is Smash...and they edited 'Hell' in the DK rap, and the game is rated 'T' for 'Teen'. WTF?? Nintendo, come on, you can do better than that...:mad:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey man, the end of Donkey Kong has already come...ever since Rare stopped working for Nintendo, every DK game has sucked...i mean, 'Donkey Kongas'? Bull s**t!! 'DK, king of swing'? Bull s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only good game DK has been in since Rare's absence is Smash...and they edited 'Hell' in the DK rap, and the game is rated 'T' for 'Teen'. WTF?? Nintendo, come on, you can do better than that...:mad:
I wouldn't say the end of Donkey Kong, or at least I hope not. I also noticed they took out the word "hell" ("but this kongs one " " of a guy") out of the DK rap. Donkey Konga sounds pointless, hence why the GC's last few years were somewhat weak.

U rite though, other than Mario Party, which made him a non-playabe character, so that doesn't count! U rite to most extents, and I hope some of Nintendo's top game developers; Shigeru Miyamoto, that means you!

If he made a new Donkey Kong game, it would own, especially one much like DK 64, with al those characters. If Miyamoto was to make a DK game for the Wii, DK would be bigger than in Donkey Kong and DK Country, even DK 64! That would own!

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
whats that supposed to mean... dk pwns.. his games may not be cool... but he does make a decent smash character you have to admit... anyways.. i dozed off for a while so feel free to fill me in...

IC Shouldnt return give someone else a tag team going.. personally i think diddy should be teamed up with someone like dixie or someone else from the dk franchize.. also that part about a cell shaded WW stage would deff sound awesome...and the other part about the way the characters are dif.. i like in the first trailer when they took characters from melee and showed them getting upgraded to what they would be like in brawl... for the third trailer they should show all default charcters getting upgraded also show some sets of moves for different characters... thats my brawl trailer dream right there...

sorry if i didnt quote people too lazy:-p

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
their will probably be a singing kremlin in the next donky konga installment...I'm just pointing out, Nintendo's version of DK games suck-Rare did a way better job.

Also, their IS an upcming DK installment 4 the wii

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Donkey Kong/Brawl Trailer #3 Possibilty!

whats that supposed to mean... dk pwns.. his games may not be cool... but he does make a decent smash character you have to admit... anyways.. i dozed off for a while so feel free to fill me in...

IC Shouldnt return give someone else a tag team going.. personally i think diddy should be teamed up with someone like dixie or someone else from the dk franchize.. also that part about a cell shaded WW stage would deff sound awesome...and the other part about the way the characters are dif.. i like in the first trailer when they took characters from melee and showed them getting upgraded to what they would be like in brawl... for the third trailer they should show all default charcters getting upgraded also show some sets of moves for different characters... thats my brawl trailer dream right there...

sorry if i didnt quote people too lazy:-p
U right Dk powns, but Donkey Konga 1-3 sounds pointless. DK Country, DK 1-3, DK Jr., and DK 64 pown! I not gonna disagree with you there blackmagicmoe that DK powns because I agree. Even though I agree, after Rare left Nintendo, DK series has been lacking.

I think if Miyamoto a new Donkey Kong game, the DK drought would be flooded. His return is much needed in his own francise, and I would love to see Luigi, even Waluigi do this as well like Wario, who has been very popular in Wario Ware.

As for the third trailer...returning characters, with one sweet major new development of a character that tops Snake, most likely Paper Mario or another 3rd party character. Sonic should be held for a 4th trailer, just from a bussiness view. I also think somewhat repeating the 1st trailer, but diffrent characters; Luigi, Yoshi, Zelda, and Captain Falcon would be neat.

As for the other returning and new characters, they should show villains come in, preferably Bowser, Ganondorf (with his sword), Birdo, & Samurai Goroh or Blood Falcon. Then they fight, and another newcome enters. That is when that fighters are shown fighting each other.

During this trailer it shows the powers and abilities of some old items, some cool new items, and some BRAWL token attacks. It also should show off how the new Pokemon look, attack, move, and interact with their summoner and enemies. Then it shows the new 3rd Party charaacter, or maybe Paper Mario.

Note: There Are Only 2 Brawl Official Trailers, This is Just An Idea, and None of these characters are confirmed. This is just my opinion from primaraly a bussiness perspective, with somewhat of a fan perspective. ;) :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well personally, I have some faith in the Donkey Kong franchise but not if Nintendo is gonna take it over. I hope Nintendo gives the rights to PAON, a second party company to Nintendo who made King of Swing -which was a very decent game deffinatly better than the Kongas and Jungle Beat.

Sure, PAON will never be Rare but atleast they try out inovative things with keeping all of DKCs features and characters -which Nintendo think aren't "fresh" enough... Heh like the whole Mario franchise is still anything fresh you say?

As for a third trailer, yeah DK should deffinatly make an appearacne there. I'm hoping for Diddy to, but it seems unlikely that they'll show use any new characters ever since the last trailer only revealed Fox. I'm just crossing my fingers for a non Toothy Grin™ DK...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was doing that from a bussiness prespective, and people are on their edge with DK characters, and Sonic. I would want to see a DK character immediately, but their feeding us little by little with these trailers. Showing items, returning characters, and only a few neat new characters would be the correct option for a third trailer.

Showing cool new items, new moves on Melee characters, some more smash token attacks, and a few new pokemon from the pokeballs. How would it not be cool to have a trailer end with a sweet new 3rd party character, that noone whould expect in this trailer, or some 1st or 2nd party character who would blow the socks off players, and would be shown owning!

As for a fourth trailer...that is when you bring in Donkey Kong. Show the characters, then DK comes, beats down Mario and Wario, then you see DK go flying, & Brawl takes a huge turn in one attack. The thing that hit DK is Sonic, and then it shows him fighting Meta-Knight, and then use his Smash Token, thus becoming Super Sonic.

Then it shows Sonic get slashed, thus having Marth return, but it wasn't Marth who launched the attack, it was Ike! Ike and Marth go on fighting, when Bowser goes nuts on them! then Bowser get headbutted by Diddy Kong, and Diddy Kong gets crazy and runs over Ike and Kirby. Then, King Dedede enters by falling and hitting Diddy with his hammer, followed by Mario

Then Kirby & King Dedede fight it off. Then it the last few scenes it shows Ice Climbers, G&W & Ness fighting each other, as well as Pit and Fox. Then in the last few scenes it shows new courses, the new Final Destination, as well as 1 or 2 new Donkey Kong courses, & a Sonic course. Then at the end it shows a newcomer jumping and lands on the stage...Shadow.

During this they show off new items, such as FLUDD, Vacuum, and Shadow Paintbrush. Also more non-playable characters: goombas, koopas, kremlins, and redeads being used as throwing items, as well kremlins chasing kirby, and redeads chasing fox, whilefox trying to kill them faster with his blaster. It closes with Ness, Snake, Kin Dedede, and Pit just brutally beating each other. And ya, kinda a copy of 1st & 2nd trailer.

NOTE: I just made all this up, and there isn't a 3rd or 4th official Brawl Trailer Out. These are jsut ideas from a bussiness and somewhat a fan perspective. I can barely wait for Brawl, my mind is going mad!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I prefer to not have that many trailers, there are only 2 of them and already people are wondering if they should even bother getting a Wii or Brawl, showing more trailers would kill the hype. If Brawl is coming out this year they should only make 1 good trailer. If it's coming out next year they should make 2.

Look at LoZ:TP, we got like 2 trailers and it was in the works for 3 or more years [I can't remember exactly] the hype was just right so it didn't kill the game. That's how games of this calibur should be dealt with.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
U rite, can't help but feel bad (sorry about no spaces, look at my location and time on...that might tell you how well I was thinking, lol). And rhyme i no u were joking, jsut wanted 2 make it randomly dramatic. Dang, I went on to much

I still hope they change YLink into Phantom Hourlass lLink (same as The Wind Waker Link, just older), or Majora's Mask Link. That would be much better than OOT YLink, just merely because that YLink is the youngest and lightest Link possibly...and PH YLink is a lot more original.

I feel bad 4 ppl who lose their favorite characters in the BRAWL cuts. I still think only 1-3 characters at most will be cut. It highly unlikely they cut all clones. Plus u can expect to see more Fire Emblem, Star Fox, and DK characters. Each of these series will have 3 or 4 characters, easily.

Man I can't wait for BRAWL, and I gotta stop typing at 3 in the morning; I just can't wait for BRAWL, Prime 3, and Super Mario Galaxy. I on the edge of my seat, waiting for a new major BRAWL announcement, or a new trailer! Then again, who isn't?
Holy crap, man!! Every post i'v ever seen you type up so far is this long or longer!! How do you find the words??:chuckle: Ok, back to the topic...

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
yeah i will agree with everyone when i say dk games suck... i only have jungle beat and i thought it was alright but it wasnt what i hoped as for donkey kong blongo blast there prolly gonna have you use your bongos or wii mote or somthing like that... but getting back to brawl

I hope they make dk the fuzzy dk like in junglebeat.. i found it rather funny he was funny and packed a punch along iwth the fuzziness...

John night nice idea for a trailer only i dont like the part about dk getting ***** by sonic.. that doesnt interest me one bit ...lol but i really do hope the game comes out this year.. and some of the ideas that people post here are really awesome.. i wonder if nintendo looks at these posts at all stealing ideas from us:-p i liked the ww stage with everone turning cell shaded ....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
NO the DK games don't suck, Donkey Kong Country is a marvelous game! It's probarly the reason why I sticked with Nintendo when I was a kid... Jungle Beat and all other DK games created by Nintendo themself suck ****, and could never replace what Rare gave us: the Donkey Kong Country games... Still love them, and probarly always will.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
NO the DK games don't suck, Donkey Kong Country is a marvelous game! It's probarly the reason why I sticked with Nintendo when I was a kid... Jungle Beat and all other DK games created by Nintendo themself suck ****, and could never replace what Rare gave us: the Donkey Kong Country games... Still love them, and probarly always will.
EXACTLY. Rare was awsome...they did the best job with all DK games under their name...Sonic didn't **** DK, Nintendo did...:mad:

H3L105

Smash Cadet
I can agree that Rare was awesome...the key word in that sentence being 'was.' When they worked for Nintendo, they were straight up awesome. But has anyone played Perfect Dark Zero for the 360?! It sucks so bad! I was anticipating a hardcore-dominating-godly sequel to one of my favorite 64 games, and I got crap. So, that can lead you to one of two conclusions:

1) Even if Nintendo still had Rare, it would suck miserably and we'd all be disappointed. And the DK games would still be crap. Duh.

2) Microsoft is just ********, and are directing alot of what used to be Rare.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can agree that Rare was awesome...the key word in that sentence being 'was.' When they worked for Nintendo, they were straight up awesome. But has anyone played Perfect Dark Zero for the 360?! It sucks so bad! I was anticipating a hardcore-dominating-godly sequel to one of my favorite 64 games, and I got crap. So, that can lead you to one of two conclusions:

1) Even if Nintendo still had Rare, it would suck miserably and we'd all be disappointed. And the DK games would still be crap. Duh.

2) Microsoft is just ********, and are directing alot of what used to be Rare.
Rare has gone down the drain, though Pefect Dark Zero was sort of good, but the 1st Perfect Dark owned. Same case with DK, except Nintedo runes DK! DK Konga is weak, though I never played it, seems just so obvious. Nintendo would barely be any better off, conisdering how pointless most of Rare's recent games are.

As for the trailers they had tons of Twilight Princess trailers! They had 1 come out every month for the last 6 months before its release. They had tons of traielr, plus demos of boses and fishing at E3, and somewhat of a walkthru for the 1st two dungeons I expect Brawl will be the same, plus Sakurai has said he plans to show every character before its release!

And DK in my fictional 4th trailer didn't get owned by Sonic, just blasted by surpirsed. Personally if they make more trailers, I hope Diddy, Sonic, Waluigi, YLink, Ganondorf, Wolf, DK, Ice Climbers, Ike, Roy, Marth, and G&W appear in the next two or three trailers.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, a lot have people have left Rare since they were bought by Microsoft. Most of the team that made Goldeneye left to form Free Radical, who makes the Time Splitters games, and, recently, the two founders left. So Rare's pretty much a shell of what it used to be. I am looking forward to the new Banjo game, though, since apparently a few of the Banjo team remains including Grant Kirkhope, who is a God amongst men. I'm also curious as to what this new Donkey Kong game that was announced with SSBB is all about and I hope they don't continue using the DK series as a testing ground for new ideas and make another serious adventure game that may use some "innovative" quirk but is still enjoyable.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That must be why Timesplitters got better recently. Unless it's because EA has it now... I'll check the back of the box later.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
MY thing is, WHY the hell would Nintendo remove characters? That's stupid. Every character has a fanbase and removing that character would be dumb. I want to see everyone return, just more balanced because this game is so broken lol.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't know why either. That's the stupidiest move they've made for brawl and will only make people stick to melee.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
What if Nintendo re-releases Melee and/or Smash 64 for the wii sometime after Brawl? Then, some people (who sold their other games) might wanna play as old characters or something...a bit far-fetched, but maybe a possible money-maker?? IDK...lol

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
What if Nintendo re-releases Melee and/or Smash 64 for the wii sometime after Brawl? Then, some people (who sold their other games) might wanna play as old characters or something...a bit far-fetched, but maybe a possible money-maker?? IDK...lol
Well, then they'd become Capcom and I'd quit gaming.

Just include all of the characters and nobody'll get hurt.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
There is always the new online part that none of you people seem to remember. All they have to do is add some way for you to download other characters using some kind of point system. Then every body would quit Halo and turn to Smash :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They however already accounced that some characters will be leaving. No details yet, but you can easly asume Dr.Mario won't be returning.

As for displeasing the fans, it doesn't really mather. Take SSB64, everyone who played as Kirby there was really disapointed in how bad he was in Melee. Some characters got mayor make overs, like Fox, some went from overpowered to underpowered as Kirby, Ness and Pikachu and some characters got a few stat tweakes as Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff and Link. Luigi even got his half- own moveset... I bet Brawl has lots of these changes too!

So what if Dr.Mario would be returning? Maybe he'll play nothing like his older self and old Doc players start maining a whole diffrent character as Meta Knight or Wario. I myself played mostly with Pika in 64, but now I main DK... That's why I don't think it's a bad move to remove Sheik. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why? Well since they're now removing characters, they might aswell modernise them and cutting unneccencarly ones. Sheik and Zelda are nowhere related anymore, thanks to Twilight Princess where Zelda's moves and appearance are most likely gonna be from. It's also unlikely to see Sheik back in another Zelda game, since the Zelda franchise is known for it's changes... Another reason to remove Sheik in Brawl; to represent the franchise.

Also, Young Link and Sheik where added in Melee cause of Ocarina of Time's succes. Now we've had Twilight Princess and both characters didn't return, but we got newer (and imo better) ones back: Wolf Link, Midna and Zant all lurking in the bushes waiting for both characters to leave their spot. Sure Young Link might return cel shaded, but Sheik not... Since she would look weird as a Zelda transformation after TP, and I don't think she deserves an own character spot.

Sheik is also very owerpowered in Melee, and nerfing her would be bad since she very much realies on moves that come out fast and her Fair. In short, they need alot of time to balance Sheik out instead of making a whole diffrent character. That's why I strongly believe Zero Suit Samus is our new Sheik, since she's also the faster but "weaker" (haha from Zelda?) version of the real character, she also carries a whip which was supposed to be Sheik's main weapon and she's likely not as broken as Sheik... Atleast I hope so.

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
Posted for truth, Sheik is pretty much gone, seeing TP princess tranfrom into Sheik, who is an OoT character just wouldnt work, so I TOO believe Zamus is the new sheik, only not so broken...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Zelda will probably have the rapier, but I can easily c her without it, and sheik, shieks gotta go, shes the alternate form of the zelda of OoT, that is now 10 years old, and newer zeldas have been released, with sheik not being in them, so shiek is practically gone...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
They however already accounced that some characters will be leaving. No details yet, but you can easly asume Dr.Mario won't be returning.

As for displeasing the fans, it doesn't really mather. Take SSB64, everyone who played as Kirby there was really disapointed in how bad he was in Melee. Some characters got mayor make overs, like Fox, some went from overpowered to underpowered as Kirby, Ness and Pikachu and some characters got a few stat tweakes as Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff and Link. Luigi even got his half- own moveset... I bet Brawl has lots of these changes too!

So what if Dr.Mario would be returning? Maybe he'll play nothing like his older self and old Doc players start maining a whole diffrent character as Meta Knight or Wario. I myself played mostly with Pika in 64, but now I main DK... That's why I don't think it's a bad move to remove Sheik. :)
Nice post, however, there is one point I see you forgot to mention. Two seperate types of fanebases exist, one of which is more significant than the other.

The first belongs to very few characters; these are the characters who gained their popularity due to their success in Melee. Doc falls under this category, seeing how it would be hard for someone to become attached to his character based on the game. Roy shares a similar situation outside of Japan, since all other gamers never actually got to play his game, as far as I know FE6 was only released in Japan.

The other category is characters who built up a fanbase over a gaming history(Bowser, Zelda, Marth, etc). The difference is that characters belonging to group 2 will likely have people who play the character because said character is their favorite, while group 1 would play the character because they are good with that character. Characters liked by members of group 1 will obviously be changed anyway, so it doesn't really matter if they are cut. Think about it...the character's moveset changes, those people aren't good with the character anymore. That character also doesn't have a fanbase, so now no one uses the character, and he/she becomes a waste of space.

I don't see why we bother to have this argument over ZSS/Shiek. As several users pointed out, the two are alike in almost every way as far as fighting style is concerned, and very similar in all other aspects.

Which actually brings up one last point. I'm not entirely sure whether Shiek belongs to group 1 or 2 above, someone want to help me?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I believe sheik is in group one, I mean Sheik aint really that popular when u talk about the zelda franchise, she had a good role in OoT, sure it wasnt such a big role, she just teach ya a song and someitmes told u were to go, thats it, but seeing how sheik will probably never return in a zelda game, I c little reason why she should stay:

"But sheik was a great character in melee"
In MELEE, still she lacks a role in newer zelda games, and thus no pint in having a 1 year old character, when newer games of the franchise have been released

"Lets make her her own character"
Hell no, thats the last thing we need

"But zelda tansforming into sheik is what made both character unique"
Yeah I know, but we already have a NEW character that transforms into another (saus/zamus),sure we dont know how, but they transform...

"Why cant we keep sheik"
*sigh* ok Zelda will probably have her TP look, seeing how link has his, so, seeing TP zelda transforming into sheik, the later ego of zelda from OoT just wouldnt fit, nto to mention zelda may get a new moveset, one with the light arrows, seeing how she has used the arrows in 2 zelda games now, I can say sheik is pretyt much gone...

"But shes my main!"
Tough luck, main someone else...

Wrath`

Smash Master
One question does Jpn love shiek?If so it wont really matter what the western worlds opinion is.

Since roy has little hnce of getting back i guess i'll try to main marth.But i dont like his speed to lack of power ratio.Thats why i use roy.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
One question does Jpn love shiek?If so it wont really matter what the western worlds opinion is.

Since roy has little hnce of getting back i guess i'll try to main marth.But i dont like his speed to lack of power ratio.Thats why i use roy.
Well you've got it backwards my friend. Roy is the faster weaker verion of Marth, strange but true.

This results from the general strategy used by most Roy players; shffl weak ariels and your Dtilt into a Smash attack, usually Fsmash. Marth can't attack as rapidly as a seasoned Roy player can because he is very floaty. WDing also helps Roy's game. One final bit of information, Roy's Fsmash actually has less knockback than Marth's tipper, but Roy's sweetspotted Fsmash has a lower trajectory which makes it seem like his is more powerful. Once you face an opponent who can use good DI you will understand this better. Being a Samus main(a character who is incredibly heavy technically speaking), I find myself getting KOed at lower percentages by a tipper than by Roy's Fsmash. Now the reason Samus survives longer even with this increased knockback is because Marth's tipper is hard to hit with to begin with and Samus' good ground mobility usually allows you to avoid the sweetspot.

That's the best explination I could come up with after taking into account my years of experience. Nintendude did a Marth vs Roy analysis on Gamepro I believe, you can probably find an in-depth explination there.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Probarly the same as here in the West, although some OoT characters as Saria are far more populair in Japan.

And I too think that Sheik belongs in Group 1. Sure Sheik has some coolness factor, but I wouldn't say she's an historic character or an All Star. Sheik was just a disguise of Zelda, and how more I think of it the more reasons I see for Sheik to be cut.

Sure some of you Uber Sheik Fanboys might say: "Zelda in Brawl is just as Link, a mix of all the Link's from the LoZ games!" Sure, true perhaps Zelda will have some references to other games then Twilight Princess, but Sheik was also just one thing she did in one game... So perhaps Zelda won't get her rapier from TP, but then it'd only be fair if Sheik isn't there either.

And TwoK, Marth is stronger than Roy... Just hit with the tipper of the blade. <_<; Sure you might prefer Roy but Marth is still the strongest of the two. Not that that really mathers...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
You can't dismiss Sheik just because she was in one game. Ness was only in one game. Roy was only in one game. She's popular and that's what counts. She was popular in OoT and a hundred times more popular in Melee. She definitely does belong in the "Characters that built a fanbase in Melee", but that doesn't mean she should get the boot. So she was only in one game, I don't see Marth in anymore Fire Emblem games. That doesn't mean any of the "one hit wonder" characters will never come back into their respective series' either. Kicking her out will turn a lot of people off to Brawl, Sakurai may be all about making the SSB franchise perfect and well accepted by all and what do you think the Nintendo corporation wants? Money. I think Sakurai will be upset when he starts getting hate mail for not including one of the most popular characters in Melee in Brawl, and Nintendo will want as many sales as possible. So in my opinion, I believe Sheik will stay, whether you like it or not.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
You can't dismiss Sheik just because she was in one game. Ness was only in one game. Roy was only in one game. She's popular and that's what counts. She was popular in OoT and a hundred times more popular in Melee. She definitely does belong in the "Characters that built a fanbase in Melee", but that doesn't mean she should get the boot. So she was only in one game, I don't see Marth in anymore Fire Emblem games. That doesn't mean any of the "one hit wonder" characters will never come back into their respective series' either. Kicking her out will turn a lot of people off to Brawl, Sakurai may be all about making the SSB franchise perfect and well accepted by all and what do you think the Nintendo corporation wants? Money. I think Sakurai will be upset when he starts getting hate mail for not including one of the most popular characters in Melee in Brawl, and Nintendo will want as many sales as possible. So in my opinion, I believe Sheik will stay, whether you like it or not.
Difference being they were both the main characters of their games, Sheik wasn't even important, and Ness' game is from a series that gianed a huge cult following, and he's from the most popular game in the series, and Roy isn't the best example to use anyway. And while Marth might not be in anymore games, he started the series and starred in two games, and the only reason Sheik is popular is because she's good in Melee, if she gets into Brawl and is nerfed (which she will be if she makesit in), most of that "fanbase" is going to go away. The only characters I can think of that would be less popular than Sheik are Roy, Doc, Pichu, Young Link and maybe Falco, G&W and the IC's.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well we already said Roy stood a good chance of leaving. [sarcasm]Ness was a protagonist, which counts just a bit more than Shiek as a helper.[/sarcasm] Like you said, her popularity IN MELEE was greater, and we don't care about popularity in Melee, just popularity in general. Marth, to the best of my knowledge, appeared in several games before Nintendo retired him. Plus, Marth's games appeared in countries besides just Japan so he was more widely known than Roy before Melee's release.

Sakurai already said he was kicking a few people out, and there will inevitably be some characters who are more deserving of the boot than others. We have already established that someone WILL be mad when their character isn't in Brawl so we might as well start getting rid of the ones we obviously don't need.

Stryks

Smash Hero
er... Ok, I dont know maybe mewtwo can enter like this:

U hear a menacing laugh, then mewtwo slowly decend and lands on the stage, while dark energy surrounds his body...

something like that XD

Lol just noticed this is another thread, instead of the one where we were talking about entrances...

Top Bottom