• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

halfdemon alchemist

Smash Cadet

Well what does that say about most people? Not everyone is a Fox main. I'll admit I used to be but then I realized everyone plays Fox and in order to be a good Fox you have to beat lots of other Foxes as well as other pro's characters so I just said screw it and put him in the backburner.

I'm now somewhere between mainly Marth or Mario but I'll probably go with Mario.

Anyway, it's not our fault if people choose to sell out to the tier list the only thing that can be done is to balance the game but that still won't stop people from selling out.
it says most people are lazy and don't want to waste time training to get good with low tier characters and i don't blame them that's the reason pichu aint one of my mains i'm too lazy to pratice for hours to master someone i don't even like

flaco

The Terminator
what im saying is like marth and roy should be in the same tier then cause if you look at marth and roys stats roy would acually be in front of marth cause roy is more powerful
yes roy is stronger but slowest so is harder for him to get marth os marth is higer tier

Stryks

Smash Hero
what im saying is like marth and roy should be in the same tier then cause if you look at marth and roys stats roy would acually be in front of marth cause roy is more powerful
Power doesnt make a character better, if that were the case bowser ganond and DK would be on top tier...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, actually Marth is also much stronger than Roy. Roy has a lot of trouble finishing foes off while Marth can esaly kill pretty much everything with a tippered F Smash at 70%. Roy's aerials are crap, and the only thing he has for finishing is his F Smash which is insanly laggy aswell.

Marth also has a HUGE range and speed advantage, while even though Roy's blade is just as long the sweetspot from Roy's sword is in the centre of the sword while Marth's sword is the strongest at the end.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
No, actually Marth is also much stronger than Roy. Roy has a lot of trouble finishing foes off while Marth can esaly kill pretty much everything with a tippered F Smash at 70%. Roy's aerials are crap, and the only thing he has for finishing is his F Smash which is insanly laggy aswell.

Marth also has a HUGE range and speed advantage, while even though Roy's blade is just as long the sweetspot from Roy's sword is in the centre of the sword while Marth's sword is the strongest at the end.
The end of the sword, sweetspot, is really helpfull. Man, I hate Roy.

halfdemon alchemist

Smash Cadet
if i did i wouldn't feel like a dumb*** right now i just checked and i got so pissed i didn't even look into it luckily i read your post before i went on a killing spree

greenblob

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure if you compare the attacks of Marth and Roy, Marth's attacks do more damage...

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I'm pretty sure that Marth's attacks are slightly weaker, as he is faster, but then i again i've never really checked in training mode or anything

marth-fan92

Smash Apprentice
if you charge marths shield braker all the way it does less damage then roys b move charged all the way i cant remember roys b move

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
alrighty then back on topic, but still on Marth. I strongly beleive that Marth will indeed return because hes THE fire emblem character (the first main character, as well as the only one to have a sequel of his own) i really think Marth is the only character worthy enough to represent the entire FE series. Roy was sadly just a publicity stunt, so chances are he won't return, atleast not with the same move set

MauFonseca

Smash Rookie
Everyone exept Pichu and THAT Ganondorf

I want a compleatly new Ganny with teh 1337 ability to play with and without sword (And not being a clone ¬¬)

halfdemon alchemist

Smash Cadet
alrighty then back on topic, but still on Marth. I strongly beleive that Marth will indeed return because hes THE fire emblem character (the first main character, as well as the only one to have a sequel of his own) i really think Marth is the only character worthy enough to represent the entire FE series. Roy was sadly just a publicity stunt, so chances are he won't return, atleast not with the same move set
i hate to admit it but it looks that way so i better get used to the fact that my main aint coming back or is getting a new moveset

halfdemon alchemist

Smash Cadet
this might sound stupid (provably because it is) but has anyone else notised Dr. Wright's mustashe looks like hitler's (again this is stupid i was just curious)

SpeedyHawk

Smash Cadet
OK, after a quick glance through the first five pages of the thread, here's my opinion. Go ahead, burn me, flame me, whatever.

Clones are good. What happens if you love someone's moveset but wish they were a trifle different?

Speaking personally, I play Fox and Falco. When I started out, I liked Fox's moveset, but he was a tad too speedy, didn't really pack the knockback I was looking for, and his aerial play isn't all that great (IMO). Falco, although he has the same moveset, is exactly what I'm looking for.

Again, Y. Link and Link. I like relatively fast characters, and Y. Link is precisely that. Link's moveset, again, is pawnsome, but I still like Y. Link more.

C. Falcon and Ganon. Duh, almost exact same moveset, but either character has a completely different feel from the other.

I say clones are good. They allow for certain variations in a moveset that is excellent, and allows players to find someone who's best for them.

Keeping all characters from SSBM would be great, but I think a few people need to be a bit more powerful:
  • Pichu. Yeah, seriously.
  • G&W. Less lag, maybe?
  • Mewtwo, duh. This is supposed to be the most powerful Pokemon alive.
  • Ness. Again, being like he was in SB64 would be great.
[/opinion]

But w/e. I'm really glad that they're bringing the Bumper back, hopefully Lip's Stick too (maybe with a better name?), because it's always fun to poke your enemy and laugh because they have a flower :D.

halfdemon alchemist

Smash Cadet
OK, after a quick glance through the first five pages of the thread, here's my opinion. Go ahead, burn me, flame me, whatever.

Clones are good. What happens if you love someone's moveset but wish they were a trifle different?

Speaking personally, I play Fox and Falco. When I started out, I liked Fox's moveset, but he was a tad too speedy, didn't really pack the knockback I was looking for, and his aerial play isn't all that great (IMO). Falco, although he has the same moveset, is exactly what I'm looking for.

Again, Y. Link and Link. I like relatively fast characters, and Y. Link is precisely that. Link's moveset, again, is pawnsome, but I still like Y. Link more.

C. Falcon and Ganon. Duh, almost exact same moveset, but either character has a completely different feel from the other.

I say clones are good. They allow for certain variations in a moveset that is excellent, and allows players to find someone who's best for them.

Keeping all characters from SSBM would be great, but I think a few people need to be a bit more powerful:
  • Pichu. Yeah, seriously.
  • G&W. Less lag, maybe?
  • Mewtwo, duh. This is supposed to be the most powerful Pokemon alive.
  • Ness. Again, being like he was in SB64 would be great.
[/opinion]

But w/e. I'm really glad that they're bringing the Bumper back, hopefully Lip's Stick too (maybe with a better name?), because it's always fun to poke your enemy and laugh because they have a flower :D.
you're right clones might have the same moveset but they play completely diferent so i dont know whats the big deal and why everyone is always criticizing clones i mean they might have the same movesets than the people they got cloned from but their strengths and weaknesses are diferent, saying their the same because they have the same movesets is like saying final fantasy and fire emblem are the same because they're both RPGs. i'm also glad the bumper's back

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
The only clone that people actually have to play the same with is Doctor Mario. He and Mario are two of the same character. Sure there are some strategic differences, but they're only slight. I can pwn a lvl9 Fox or Marth the same with Mario and Doc without changing my game up at all. He's the only clone I feel should go. Every other clone... I'm ok with.

But make Pichu stop hurting itself too.

SpeedyHawk

Smash Cadet
Pichu hurting itself is part of the actual Pokemon, it's supposed to be too powerful to control itself. Mebbe just give it a big more range...

I'm just surprised it took this long for DK to come round :D.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Oh no no no Dyce...Tingle and Happy Mask Salesman for Brawl! HMS can throw his masks around and Tingle can use his brush, maps, dancing skills, and Confetti. Yes I am being serious.

Now before I get in trouble, did anyone notice that D.K.'s head seems even bigger! Look at that pick where he is picking Zelda up.

SpeedyHawk

Smash Cadet
I'm just surprised we havn't gotten any Yoshi thus far.
Consider this, and the fact that he was in both previous SSB and is one of Nintendo's most well-known characters, it's pretty much decided that Yoshi is coming back. He needs something other than that egg rolly-thing, or maybe just that with a higher priority.

On a side note, I hope that, instead of random colors, that Nintendo gives the characters alternate suits that are from the games. I'd love to play Samus in a Phazon Suit :D.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Peach should return, cuz she is one of the best characters
One of the best "actors"? What the fudge does that mean?

@SpeedyHawk:
Absolutely, I would love it too. Everyone wants Doctor Mario as an alternate skin for Mario, Daisy for Peach again, James McCloud for Fox, Roy for Marth, Ninten for Ness, Funky Kong for Donkey Kong, the many suits of Samus and Link, etc. That would definitely appease more fans than just having them as plain old trophies and assist trophies.

Top Bottom