• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
1. Yes, I also enjoy never-ending games like Final Fantasy or Soul Calibur 3 with all the secrets and unlockables. Read my last post.

2. C'mon, rAt. NEVER get around to using them all? Do you know how long we're going to be occupied with this game? It's going to be YEARS until the next one comes out. Plus, considering you're a part of this site, you're probably a Smash-fanatic-nutcase just like the rest of us. You're going to be spending your days religiously in front of your television, Wii hooked up to the AV cables, controller in hand, red-eyed from the lack of sleep, and keeping a case of Red Bulls at the ready (just incase you feel yourself nodding off). You'll get around to playing every character, regardless of how huge the roster is.

EDIT:
3. Yes, I also hate douchebags with ultimate control of the games I want to play.
Also, I just noticed this weekend from watching my 5 year old cousin that I cannot watch somebody play Smash horrendously without wanting to strangle that person and consequently dying a little inside. Does that make me a bad person?
1. How did I miss that? I must have seen it, but repressed it deep within my subconsious, due to an overload of pure awesome.

2. You're right. Let's face it, this game is going to own my soul, and I'm just hoping to hang onto a little sliver of it, so I can remember what daylight, fresh air, and women are like. Okay, so not so much those first two, but you get my meaning. Please Sakurai, leave me a little peice, a drumstick maybe?

3. Actually, I was going to say that was the part of you that makes you a good person, but let's face it, my judgment has always been a little skewed.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
1. Brawl is never ending because...um...it's sooooooo fun!!!! :)

2. It took me a good year to really get into melee. It was the only game I ever played but I never really bothered player to a competitive level. All my local nooby budies said I was great (the best in the world type of thing, you know, n00b talk) then I entered an actual tourney in Vancouver and WON!!! :psycho: But I was so impressed with the depth of this comunity and all the tricks that the other players pulled that I actually wanted to incorporate that into my game and get better. That why to this day people I play still think I have a really awkward style which makes me impossible to fight for the first few matches. :p I'll be avoiding the main scene for Brawl for about the same length of time...but I'll be back and now that it's online and I know where to find challengers, I'll be all over this **** :chuckle:

3. I never played any of those games (smash, melee, sc, wow) so I wouldn't know :lick:

Edit: 1 page is enough *whew*

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
it would be awsome if some assist trophies (like Lyn and Grey fox) were changed to playable characters!
(it wont happen though...)I really like fire emblem and Lyn was the first fire emblem character that i ever played as...
well they didnt give to many details about Saki from Sin and Punishment. I'm guessing that for some of the unlockables there will be some AT's that will be discovered PC's later on (If you thought there wouldnt be any unlockables your off your chum, Its smash bros. yo) these will be the PC's where they dont give much detail about their functions as PC's.

zachp378

Smash Rookie
I think that they should keep Marth in because Roy was a "clone" of him and Marth is going to be in Fire Emblem DS, coming in 2008.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
Marth is a cool character, just I hope that if they bring him back then Ike has different move sets. Ike is supposedly a heavy weight character so it will be good to see if they can pull that off, other wise im ok with just one FE character

Nosebleed101

Smash Rookie
Everyone should return except for:

Pichu: He's pretty much Pikachu. But younger. And a clone.

Young Link: Same as above, but with Link.

Dr. Mario: Well, two clones is too much don't you think?

Oh, and it really is a shame about Ness. I'll miss him.

Point is, having two of the same characters is redundant, even if they are in a different costume or a different age.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Marth is a cool character, just I hope that if they bring him back then Ike has different move sets. Ike is supposedly a heavy weight character so it will be good to see if they can pull that off, other wise im ok with just one FE character
True. They should bring back Marth and Ike does have a completely different moveset.
I Played Ike 1st hand at E for All and he is really cool.

The best way to describe him would be... like a fusion of Marth and Roy with a different moveset.
He feels like Roy (kinda heavy) but he attacks like Marth (sorta fast) and his strength really depends on the move you use.

Hope this helps.

It would be really cool to see Luigi's update 2night. (He is in and thats just a duh)

DR. MARIO!!! PLEASE COME HOME!!!

Also btw,

Point is, having two of the same characters is redundant, even if they are in a different costume or a different age.
Moveset doesnt make the character and model doesnt make a clone different. Clones may have same moves yes, but every clone is different then the original. Its all in the feel. if your a good smash player and can play each character pretty well. You know what Im talking about.

Pichu and Pikachu are clones of the same moveset but they fight way differently and feel totally different.

Being a Dr. mario Player, I know the big differences between the Mario's and Luigi shares 80% of the same moves but is almost not a clone just because he feel like no other character and handles in a way like none other.

Play each clone and their counter-part. You'll see what im talking about.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Ummm...I'm not sure if you could call him a "clone" of Marth... since they were both secret characters and came at the same time. So it could be either or.
All the clones in Melee apeared 3 dimetionaly behind everyone else on the charcter select, because Roy was with them, hes the clone, not marth, even though he far better

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Yeah pichu from Melee evolved into a Pikachu, and is now one of its alt costumes, or as some believe old pikachu = out due to the new pikachu knowing volt tackle something learned only as a pichu.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Yeah pichu from Melee evolved into a Pikachu, and is now one of its alt costumes, or as some believe old pikachu = out due to the new pikachu knowing volt tackle something learned only as a pichu.
I see......wait.....I'm still confused. xD

So I think your saying....that Pikachu took some of the moves and gear from Pichu so it's pretty much the combination of Pikachu and Pichu?? :0

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
I see......wait.....I'm still confused. xD

So I think your saying....that Pikachu took some of the moves and gear from Pichu so it's pretty much the combination of Pikachu and Pichu?? :0
Were saying that the Pichu from Melee is still in, he just evoled into Picachu (Pokemon do that if you didn't know) and there saying this because one of Picachu's costume is the same one pichu wore in melee

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
You guys do know that Pichu didn't leave?
Pikachu from SSB64 and Melee left us for a solo project (that *******). Pichu just evolved.

Turns out Pikachu didn't take Pichu's goggles. Pichu took Pikachu's hat.
Careful Dyce, that's grounds for an immediate *****-slap. I've already had to destroy six planets because each one had a guy who said something similar. And they were all just kidding. :p

Good solution, go tell it to the Pichu fans so they'll shut-up
Trust me, it just gets them going even more.

Those people are what we call fanboys. Pikachu is Pikachu. Sakurai just didn't want to toss out the goggles in the absence of his miscrient younger cousin. Pika doesn't know skull bash or thunder jolt in the games, at all.

Pikachu ate and killed Pichu in a Bloody battle full of death and spleeeeen.... and took his goggles.
SiegK, I couldn't have said it better myself. And believe me, I've tried.

finalark

SNORLAX
Honestly, deep down insider I wouldn't really care even if everyone from both Smash 64 and Melee were kicked out. I would just adapt to the new fighters.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
So SiegK and rAt are Pikachu fanboys? :p
Naw...jk
I think Pika just lost some weight and Pichu quit cause he actually sucked and was worthless in smash. But his outfits were cool so he loaned them to Pika and Pika learned Volty because he remembered in from back in the Pichu days...

What ev' you bums...Pichu, Doc and Roy should be gone. That just makes sense. They shouldn't have been here in the first place. The rest of the cast are characters we would be arguing into a Brawl roster spot if they weren't already in ssb. Escept for Sheik. I don't know what she/he/it/patatoes problem is but that whole shinnanigan bugs me.

**** clones

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Clones are only clones to the way they move.
No 2 characters are really alike when it comes down to how they are played.
but I would only expect an experienced Smash player to understand.
All those who think clones should be gone cause their 'motion' is the same. Really knows nuthing about the game.

Im sorry but its true.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
All those who think clones should be gone cause their 'motion' is the same. Really knows nuthing about the game.

Im sorry but its true.
I'm starting to like this guy.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace

Im sorry but its true.

Amen brotha! :chuckle: I'm actually rooting for all the underdogs. I'd like to see everyone return.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
Oh man Game & Watch is definitly in Brawl now, just because Sakurai mentioned the Game & Watch series he's definitly in the game for sure.

Top Bottom