• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, I don't think there's any way to tell how much memory Big Blue or Pokefloats would take especially in comparison to other stages. I'm pretty sure Fountain of Dreams is just as taxing on the GCN as Mute City and Big Blue were.

Anyway, Big Blue's awesome if you play in Fixed Camera mode; the normal dynamic camera is what really ruins it. Pokefloats would be awesome if they added Pokemon or made a theme to it like you're fighting on blimps or hot air balloons of Team Rocket and the other antagonistic teams. Have some stuff like a houndoom balloon that breathes fire, a weezing balloon that pumps out smoke, or a sharpedo balloon that opens and closes its mouth.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Ya, I don't think there's any way to tell how much memory Big Blue or Pokefloats would take especially in comparison to other stages. I'm pretty sure Fountain of Dreams is just as taxing on the GCN as Mute City and Big Blue were.

Anyway, Big Blue's awesome if you play in Fixed Camera mode; the normal dynamic camera is what really ruins it. Pokefloats would be awesome if they added Pokemon or made a theme to it like you're fighting on blimps or hot air balloons of Team Rocket and the other antagonistic teams. Have some stuff like a houndoom balloon that breathes fire, a weezing balloon that pumps out smoke, or a sharpedo balloon that opens and closes its mouth.
Adding extra and new Pokemon to the floats sounds like a good idea.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I don't trust your sudden agreement Dyce. I'm sure you remember in April with are constant debating of weather Roy could make it and now your saying he could, did Nana make you say it?
... YEssssSssSSssSss! Help meeEeEEeeEeee! She's inSaaaaAaaAAne! I can't leaEeaaeEAaeeave!
{Nana places a wooden block between Dyce's ankles}
{Nana whales Dyce in the ankle with her mallot}

No but seriously, let's just say I've had a revelation. I don't believe any character should be given the boot, except maybe Doctor Mario because I couldn't think of a single way to alter him to differ from Mario. Point is, even though Marth has better chances than Roy, and Ike seems to have taken the "slow FE lord powerhouse with a fiery sword" title that Roy made for himself in Melee, I don't think he really NEEDS to be out. I don't think his chances are good, but he can still be in if he ends up as his own character. Same goes for Pichu. (But I don't think he's going to make it anymore, due to Pikachu snatching his goggles.)

I think I really needed to see Lucas kill Ness and eat his heart to take his abilities to really open my eyes.

... and I still think Ness should come back with new specials. It'd be a shame to let a moveset like that go to waste.

You're right, there is no way for us to really tell, but it just seems like too much of an unnecessary hastle UNLESS there is a way for them to just upload the stages directly from Melee to Brawl, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case since Sakurai said they had to create them again, and couldn't even recreate the stages to 100% accuracy (but I couldn't hate him any more for that.)

Anyway, I think I'd rather see a new updated version of Mute City and Poke Floats and maybe even a new, less annoying Big Blue or Brinstar Depths.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Guys...Gals...Big Blue won't freakin work cause it's too freakin FAST!!!!

It's the coolest stage because of the track and almost gravitationally challengedness but it simply wouldn't work as an old stage in a new game. If they were to bring back the Mario stage in ssb64 and put it in melee, that platform might as well be still. This is a much different game and BB just wouldn't work the way it is. Why do you think they brought back the simple stages in melee instead of 64s Hyrule (how gay would those tornados look) etc...

I want The Temple and a few others back sure...but there are some that need to be "new" old ones. (Like Icycle Mountain/Rumble Falls)

What I want:

Returning The Same
1. Peachs Castle
2. Pokemon Stadium (1)
3. DK Jungle (all the way through the series)
4. Venom
5. Dreamland (duh)

Returning Differently
1. Rainbow Cruise (they can do so much with this stage, and make it even longer)
2. Big Blue (funnest, most unique and entertaining stage ever)
3. Jungle Japes (the river one with Cranky in the house, the water has to slow and that's about it)
4. Brinstar Depths (the spinny one with Kraid, again they can work with this alot)
5. Poke Floats (but what the **** is that? make it like space **** or something cool)

That's what I think!

Edit: New Pokes might work but it wouldn't be enough. I say give it a bran new feel that has never been done before...LIKE WALKING ON BALLOONS!

And **** Pichu, just give his goggles to Pika...oh look! HA!
And **** Doc, he shouldn't have been there in the first place!
And **** Roy, I can't stand that ****! How many times does Falco have to 4 stock his slow ass? WORST CHARACTER IN MELEE!!!!! WORSE THAN THE PINK SUCKER, THE FLOATING BRAIN AND ZAP-ME-SELFS WORST TRAITS IN ONE!!!!!
****!!!!

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
... YEssssSssSSssSss! Help meeEeEEeeEeee! She's inSaaaaAaaAAne! I can't leaEeaaeEAaeeave!
{Nana places a wooden block between Dyce's ankles}
{Nana whales Dyce in the ankle with her mallot}

No but seriously, let's just say I've had a revelation. I don't believe any character should be given the boot, except maybe Doctor Mario because I couldn't think of a single way to alter him to differ from Mario. Point is, even though Marth has better chances than Roy, and Ike seems to have taken the "slow FE lord powerhouse with a fiery sword" title that Roy made for himself in Melee, I don't think he really NEEDS to be out. I don't think his chances are good, but he can still be in if he ends up as his own character. Same goes for Pichu. (But I don't think he's going to make it anymore, due to Pikachu snatching his goggles.)

I think I really needed to see Lucas kill Ness and eat his heart to take his abilities to really open my eyes.

... and I still think Ness should come back with new specials. It'd be a shame to let a moveset like that go to waste.
Your a good man, Dyce. xD

I agree. I'm still rooting for all the underdogs. I still have a grudge against Lucas for making suspicions of Ness leaving because I really don't want Ness to leave. Roy was pimpin' and so was Marth. They HAVE to have atleast one other FE character besides Ike since their making such a dedication to FE with all the stages, music, ATs, and what-not for it. Wouldn't mind seeing Pichu return either I guess.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I will miss Ness, I hope he doesn't go down without a fight though. If I were available for a mass tourney with the greatest Falco, Fox, Marth, Sheik etc players in the world...I would win it with Ness...because NESS DESERVES IT!!!

I think I'm angry right now haha
Indeed. I can't even explain why I get so angry at the thought of Lucas replacing Ness. I just....do. I mean for God's sake, I hardly ever play with the guy, but still! xD I just don't wanna see the little man go... :urg:

Dynamism

Smash Lord
It's really painfull. I don't use Ness more than anyone else but for some reason...he's looked down upon. NOW LOOK WHAT HAS HAPPENED!!!!

:( If only I had the chance 3 years ago when I was in the prime of my smashing to go to a big tourney somewhere and own everyone there the way I owned everyone else throughout B.C. at that time.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
It's really painfull. I don't use Ness more than anyone else but for some reason...he's looked down upon. NOW LOOK WHAT HAS HAPPENED!!!!

:( If only I had the chance 3 years ago when I was in the prime of my smashing to go to a big tourney somewhere and own everyone there the way I owned everyone else throughout B.C. at that time.

Indeed. 'Tis a shame. We can only hope for the best.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Most of the vets definitely have to return. I'm happy if Luigi, C. Falcon and Marth return.
Its a no f***ing brainer that Luigi and Chuck Falcon are going to return, Marth i dont know. no proof yet.

But!!

There is hope for Isaac, Sora, (I cant believe it wasnt a DUH Sonic was in cause a guy from Sonic team who works on the NiGHTS games is working on Brawl), and Dr. Mario's return!

HOPE I TELL YOU!!!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Its a no f***ing brainer that Luigi and Chuck Falcon are going to return, Marth i dont know. no proof yet.

But!!

There is hope for Isaac, Sora, (I cant believe it wasnt a DUH Sonic was in cause a guy from Sonic team who works on the NiGHTS games is working on Brawl), and Dr. Mario's return!

HOPE I TELL YOU!!!!
JUST because some guy worked in dr mario doesnt mean he'll return, case u didnt noticed he worked on metroid, and gave mario a white costume, there would be too much confusion if doc returned (cause he has white as a defaut costume)

also Sora? seriously no, not gonna happen, megaman is theMOST wanted 3rd party character (currently) and when someone asked keji inafune (megamans creator) about megaman being in brawl, instead of saying no, he said "No comment"... put THAT in ur pipe and smoke it...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
also Sora? seriously no, not gonna happen, megaman is theMOST wanted 3rd party character (currently) and when someone asked keji inafune (megamans creator) about megaman being in brawl, instead of saying no, he said "No comment"... put THAT in ur pipe and smoke it...
Personally, I'd like to see Sora. Would I rather Megaman over Sora? F**K YES! But just because Sakurai said "maybe I'll only add about one or two 3rd Party characters, other than Snake." very early in development of the game doesn't mean we're subjected to only having one more 3rd Party guest left. We could very well have two more coming.

Maybe not Sora, but there are lots of characters with really good chances.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Falco, Mewtwo, Falcon, Marth and Ganondorf need to return. well Ganondorf is already semi-confirmed alongside jigglypuff and luigi...

Falco because he's fox's partner and could easily be given an original moveset.
Mewtwo because there was no character like him in melee. he was awesome. ^_^
Falcon? he's a starter. nuff said.
Marth? he needs to return more than roy because he's the original hero of the FIRST fire emblem. he's more historical, like Ice Climbers and Gameandwatch.
Game&Watch needs to return as well, because he's a popular peice of history with a majorly unique moveset, like Ice Climbers and Pit.

I rest my case. <_<

FoxFtw

Smash Apprentice
Falco, Mewtwo, Falcon, Marth and Ganondorf need to return. well Ganondorf is already semi-confirmed alongside jigglypuff and luigi...

Falco because he's fox's partner and could easily be given an original moveset.
Mewtwo because there was no character like him in melee. he was awesome. ^_^
Falcon? he's a starter. nuff said.
Marth? he needs to return more than roy because he's the original hero of the FIRST fire emblem. he's more historical, like Ice Climbers and Gameandwatch.
Game&Watch needs to return as well, because he's a popular peice of history with a majorly unique moveset, like Ice Climbers and Pit.

I rest my case. <_<
I agree completely

another thing: i would hate if megaman or sora(who the hell is that) were in brawl

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I agree completely

another thing: i would hate if megaman or sora(who the hell is that) were in brawl
If you don't even know who Sora is, how could you hate the idea of him being in the game?

I didn't know who Ness was when he appeared in SSB64, but I didn't hate him.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
I am a big fan of the KH series and I have to say that I would hate life if Sora was in Brawl. Lets get somghitn straight, Riku beats Sora by miles. And square aint introducing any characters cause their only worthy character from the FF series to put in is Cloud.

I hope Megaman is in, but if your hoping for square then your looking at Dragon quest

EVIDENCE:http://www.neoamusement.com/images/gb-dragonquest12gb.jpg
suck on that

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I'm a big KH fan too. I think I'm in the minority of KH fans though, because I actually like Sora more than most of the "OMFG _____ RoXS s0 My WORld" characters (i.e. character who play a minor role in the story, but everyone likes because they look cool).

That said, if characters like Sora or Leon Kennedy make it into Brawl, I will seriously reconsider buying it. I know that sounds petty, but the entire reason I like the Smash Bros. series is it's respect to Nintendo history. It takes characters I grew up with, from a company I grew up with, and puts them together in a fun and unique way. The moment you start putting in every contemporary popular video-game character, that is lost, and it becomes a contest of how many popular characters Nintendo can afford to pay royalties to use. I've heard plenty of people say things like "if you don't like ____ don't use them." To them, I say "if you do like ____ go play the game ____ came from." Part of the reason Smash Bros is so fun and creative is that there's a cutoff regarding who makes it in.

I don't mean that to pick on people who want a particular contemporary 3rd party character in, but I would say that the mere fact that someone likes a character is not a good criteria for putting a character in a game. If you think I'm wrong, then put Optimus Prime in Lord of the Rings and see what happens.
I also don't mean to pick on people who like 3rd party characters in general. There are a very slight few who have as important a history with Nintendo as some of Nintendo's own characters. Sonic, for instance, was a good inclusion because his entire purpose was to be the anti-Mario, and both Sega and Nintendo were both very open about this competition between the two characters.

Truthfully, the only other 3rd party character that has enough history with Nintendo to make sense (to me) for Brawl would be Megaman. He's been around long enough to prove that he isn't just a fad character, Capcom has taken a 2nd party role developing Nintendo owned games (the LoZ: Oracle series), and (correct me if I'm wrong) but the majority of his games were on Nintendo systems (including quite a number on the NES alone).

Regarding the composers, I'm not saying that list means nothing. I'm saying it means virtually nothing. As far as I can tell, the whole point of that list is for Sakurai to say "Hey, I've got a big list of really good composers from the overall video-game world (as in, not just Nintendo)." I mean, Streets of Rage is on that list, too, but anybody who expects to see Axel or Blaze is going to be sorely disappointed.

On a side note, how do we keep getting away from the topic of who's going to return?:psycho:

Yoshi330

Smash Rookie
I say Mewtwo needs to return.

He's the only one of my main vetern fighters who still has yet to be announced.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
[Lots of valid points, followed by valid points, and then more valid points]
*nods*

On a side note, how do we keep getting away from the topic of who's going to return?:psycho:
I think it has to do with the same exact issues coming up over again.

Basically everyone: Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu should be gone. Maybe Young Link too.
Obscure fanboy of one of the four listed above: *rants*
Peace keeper: Knock it off, ya'll. We'll know what happened when the game comes out.
Everyone: Right.

. . .

Somebody: I hate Roy.
Fanboy: **** you.

Rinse and repeat.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I'm a big KH fan too. I think I'm in the minority of KH fans though, because I actually like Sora more than most of the "OMFG _____ RoXS s0 My WORld" characters (i.e. character who play a minor role in the story, but everyone likes because they look cool).

That said, if characters like Sora or Leon Kennedy make it into Brawl, I will seriously reconsider buying it. I know that sounds petty, but the entire reason I like the Smash Bros. series is it's respect to Nintendo history. It takes characters I grew up with, from a company I grew up with, and puts them together in a fun and unique way. The moment you start putting in every contemporary popular video-game character, that is lost, and it becomes a contest of how many popular characters Nintendo can afford to pay royalties to use. I've heard plenty of people say things like "if you don't like ____ don't use them." To them, I say "if you do like ____ go play the game ____ came from." Part of the reason Smash Bros is so fun and creative is that there's a cutoff regarding who makes it in.

I don't mean that to pick on people who want a particular contemporary 3rd party character in, but I would say that the mere fact that someone likes a character is not a good criteria for putting a character in a game. If you think I'm wrong, then put Optimus Prime in Lord of the Rings and see what happens.
I also don't mean to pick on people who like 3rd party characters in general. There are a very slight few who have as important a history with Nintendo as some of Nintendo's own characters. Sonic, for instance, was a good inclusion because his entire purpose was to be the anti-Mario, and both Sega and Nintendo were both very open about this competition between the two characters.

Truthfully, the only other 3rd party character that has enough history with Nintendo to make sense (to me) for Brawl would be Megaman. He's been around long enough to prove that he isn't just a fad character, Capcom has taken a 2nd party role developing Nintendo owned games (the LoZ: Oracle series), and (correct me if I'm wrong) but the majority of his games were on Nintendo systems (including quite a number on the NES alone).

Regarding the composers, I'm not saying that list means nothing. I'm saying it means virtually nothing. As far as I can tell, the whole point of that list is for Sakurai to say "Hey, I've got a big list of really good composers from the overall video-game world (as in, not just Nintendo)." I mean, Streets of Rage is on that list, too, but anybody who expects to see Axel or Blaze is going to be sorely disappointed.

That IS true. But where else could we see non-Nintendo people fight other famous video game characters? :urg: Though I do see your point. If you add TOO much 3rd-party things then it won't seem as much of a Nintendo game.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
*nods*

I think it has to do with the same exact issues coming up over again.

Basically everyone: Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu should be gone. Maybe Young Link too.
Obscure fanboy of one of the four listed above: *rants*
Peace keeper: Knock it off, ya'll. We'll know what happened when the game comes out.
Everyone: Right.

. . .

Somebody: I hate Roy.
Fanboy: **** you.

Rinse and repeat.
Lmao. Nice interpretation. :laugh:

majora_787

Smash Hero
megaman. let me see here. *looks around* bowser fans, do NOT relate this to ridley being a bowser clone or ridley will **** bowser to death on your back while you sleep.

ANYWAY. Megaman. a guy with cybernetic attachments and a cannon for an arm, uses missiles bombes and chargeable laser-like crap.

Samus. a hot chick with cybernetic suit and a cannon for an arm, uses missiles bombs and a chargeable laser thing.

Adding megaman sounds a lot like adding "Zamus's Zamus."

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't think doc will be returning. Doc was fundementally mario in a doctor outfit with slower but stronger attacks. The most I could possibly see Dr. Mario doing is becoming an alt. costume, and even that seems unlikely at this point.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
rAt is nuts...Doc for Brawl (cause he needs all the support he can get in a losing cause)
Megaman for Brawl (cause he's original and differentiates himself from Samus more than Luigi does from Mario)
Everyone but Roy for Brawl (because Pichu was just a baby Pika that came from Pikas distance past or some **** so technically he's already in and Roy is just a douche and he's a character that I can't even picture in the game)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@rAt:
I agree with you. Characters that should be included should NOT be trendy new characters. These characters should be well established and not just "fresh out of the oven", because they have yet to establish themselves. They could turn sour down the road and that could in turn sour Brawl. But I don't think Sora is a bad idea at all. KH has a HUGE fanbase, especially in Japan. They've had 3 successful mainstream games, 3 remakes of their games in Japan that sold exeedingly well, and 3 highly anticipated sequels (one for DS, one for PSP, and one for PS3[?]). I don't see the KH series dying anytime soon.

But all in all, I think I'd rather see Megaman if there is but ONE space left for a 3rd Party guest, and he does, in fact, deserve it more than anyone at this point. If there's two spots left, and SquareEnix does get the spot, I'm willing to bet that it will be Crono over Sora. Which doesn't bother me at all. Crono has a "retro" factor, and has established himself very well since he is still very poopular today. Yes, I said poopular.

But I don't think it's so much Sora that people want to see in Brawl, as much as I think it is the keyblade. Lol. It's really what makes the series.

@Majora787:
Megaman has WAY more abilities than Samus ever has had. Megaman would not be anything like Samus, even with a charge shot. Honestly, saying two characters with blaster shots would play the same is like saying two characters with swords would play the same.

Oh, and just try saying "Megaman = Samus" in the Megaman Thread. You'll get eaten alive faster than unprotected brains in a pit of zombies.

@ FoxFtw:
You didn't answer my question.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Moar liek two prequels (one for DS, one for PSP) and one sequel (for mobile phones).

Anyway...I wanna see Cecil or Terra in SSBB. :/
Ok, two prequels and a mobile sequel. But don't for a moment think that they havn't already planned out a decision for a major console version of KH3.

And who are these "Cecil" and "Terra" you speak of?
Was Terra the girl from FFVI?

Top Bottom