• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offline or Online / which do you perfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnmcgerber

Smash Cadet
ive asked some members would they brawl me and ill hear ether not right now, maybe later,online is to slow or the best battles are played offline. so if you say offline can you pls give me a good reason to play offline besides the lagg that online has.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
-Offline has no input lag.

-You can connect with the people you are playing with offline, which is one of the more fun parts of smash.

Joyblossom

Smash Rookie
I like online better because the thrill of knowing that your playing with an actual person and not just some CPU makes brawling alot more fun. But yes, the lag can be annoying sometimes. The best thing to do when its lagging really bad is to drop out and join another group of people. The new group of people may have a better internet connection than the last group. But if it lags every time you are online, that means that YOUR internet connection is slow.

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
I vote for offline. I do enjoy online but it is annoing trying to call your friends to see if they can play.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Who the hell is going to say online

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The only reason I prefer online is when it isn't lagging and because it actually allows you to play with other people, however If I could play with 3 other people offline I would do it in a blink of an eye.

fredymartinez1

Smash Journeyman
Online would be better without lag................ then everyone would pick online except brawl haters..........

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Between simply being online and with input lag, Brawl online has potential for delicious mindgames if someone could/has exploited them greatly. Aside from that, I still consider it one of the worser online devices in this generation of consoles.

Besides, there's really nothing like trash-talking with your opponents and mates and playing and watching people in real life in the same room. Oh, and there's no input lag! Based on personal experience I'd say one would be more comfortable playing against a real person than playing a real person across a city, state, region, etc.

Offline >> Online

stu_sid

Smash Rookie
like everyone else i prefer offline, but there is only 1 person i know offline that can actually give me a good match and occasionally beat me (and no tournaments in my area either)... so i do a good amount of online play just to get a challenge.

Guthix

Smash Cadet
I say online. Now before you all flame me to death, lemme explain. I have a friend who lives in a different state. He loves playing SSBB as much as I do. What if I want to play with him? Im not going to travel across the country just to play Smash offline.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Offline is better in my opinion, custom stages, and you can actually talk to the person you're fighting and laugh and enjoy the game A LOT MORE.

Online is cool though, it's cool to play with friends when you really don't want to call them or invite them to your house etc.

Mangme

Smash Apprentice
Online, since I don't have friends in real life who play Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom