• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ogre Smash - 4/16/11 - St. Louis, MO

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Then i dun get it, why is me postin' the same thing not the same as doing the same thing as you?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
...wtf@this thread.

Cook deserved to be angry. When something is rubbed in your face with the intention to make someone angry, don't get pissed off or say "lawl why so serious" when you get the desired response of anger.

The only thing that makes me mad, David, is you don't have the experience with D3 to back it up. Just my opinion. Beat someone in bracket like Clel, Domo, Sago, or another mid-upper level MK with D3, and then you can be like "LAWLAL D3 beats MK."

I really don't care either way though. Just saying what I think :awesome:

Anyways, <3 you all.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Tmacc you sadden me that you switch mains also are you going to Joker's this week?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Chill out guys lmao.

Fino said:
3. Jordan - I remember Lux telling me about a conversation you and him had, something along the lines of "You shouldn't be getting hit by fair, I don't think finos ever hit me with fair lol." I mean... obviously I think it's a little funny, but I'm bringing it up because I want to see how you adapt to it (not to troll you about it, lol). I think I made it abundantly clear how ecstatic I was, so I wanted to apologize if I offended you or anything (mostly the part where I was jumping screaming 'yes' while you were holding out your hand for a GG ). I really was happy though; I don't think you know how badly I wanted to beat you (I specifically told TP to put us on the same side of bracket etc)... it was a personal goal being achieved, haha. Anyway, I still need to prove to myself that it wasn't a fluke, so I look forward to seeing you again at Event-52
You didn't offend me lol I know what it's like to beat someone who has been a wall for you. You played a lot differently than our previous sets and it really threw me off haha. I made some bad decisions but overall felt like I played pretty good for not having played in awhile so good stuff. Maybe you just needed a 3/5 set instead of a 2/3 set lol. Also, I ALWAYS get a grab on you on smashville at some point with platform cancelling and I never finish it lol, you should watch out for the platform cancel more :p. Looking forward to our next match :).

Cook

Smash Master
Chill out guys lmao.

You didn't offend me lol I know what it's like to beat someone who has been a wall for you. You played a lot differently than our previous sets and it really threw me off haha. I made some bad decisions but overall felt like I played pretty good for not having played in awhile so good stuff. Maybe you just needed a 3/5 set instead of a 2/3 set lol. Also, I ALWAYS get a grab on you on smashville at some point with platform cancelling and I never finish it lol, you should watch out for the platform cancel more :p. Looking forward to our next match :).
I hope you aren't mad at me for suggesting Pictochat. It seemed like a good idea to me.

Also, I wouldn't have been nearly as angry if I was playing anywhere near decently during pools and the beginning of doubles, but my hands and my brain were not connected there for a while and it's REALLY annoying to have something rubbed in your face when you know you were totally out of it. Honestly, though, even if I was playing ok it's still pretty annoying to have people in your own crew gloat if they beat you.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nah I'm not mad cook lol. I should have just gone rainbow cruise XD XD XD.

Cook

Smash Master
I dunno, you should always think twice before playing Olimar anywhere with G&W. he can be PRETTY gay on RC. Of course, he can also get gayed over pretty bad, lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I dunno, you should always think twice before playing Olimar anywhere with G&W. he can be PRETTY gay on RC. Of course, he can also get gayed over pretty bad, lol.
I would have gone MK.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Fino, which of those characters did you actually win with in bracket? I don't think it's accurate to put characters you either lost with or used in the less-than-vital pools.
I won games with :metaknight: in pools and in bracket.

And I won most games I won in doubles bracket with him, as well.

I want that damn mask, TP...haha

I used :popo: against Fino and got *****, so they don't count, unfortunately :cool:

Wait...Tmac isn't playing D3??!!??!?!?!?!? Celebrate good times, COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
But...I play even more gay/much better characters now :)

TP

Smash Master
Masks given out.

By the way, does anyone have any comments on the 9 minute time limit or FD as a counterpick? There wasn't a single attempted time out to my knowledge, and I saw a lot less "agree to smashville" than usual (although I still did it, but I was always in a hurry to get back to TOing).

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
this game is not serious. Quit stressing it affects performance. Either you good or bad. If you bad dnt cry get good. If you good stfu and play mvc 3 already. Gettn mad at a beat em up is ********. And anyone thinkin about referencing the zton **** shaddup lol that had nothin to do with the game. Gj averil gj fino don't trip hylian you gon come bak EVENT 52 HYPE x 100! Laterz

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
this game is not serious. Quit stressing it affects performance. Either you good or bad. If you bad dnt cry get good. If you good stfu and play mvc 3 already. Gettn mad at a beat em up is ********. And anyone thinkin about referencing the zton **** shaddup lol that had nothin to do with the game. Gj averil gj fino don't trip hylian you gon come bak EVENT 52 HYPE x 100! Laterz

MvC3 ain't where it's at. But he is right about everything else. Furthermore, you'll learn to appreciate SSBB after being treated to some of my modded doom levels. (in case you're interested, maps 2, 6, 8, 11, 18, 21, 23, 28, 29, 30)
I already have three victims subjected to the cheapness that is Mr. Doom, and they'll be more than happy to play brawl.

tl;dr stop your whinin' and play Mr. Doom's Modded Doom titled Mr. Doom.

Holms

Smash Ace
...wtf@this thread.

The only thing that makes me mad, David, is you don't have the experience with D3 to back it up. Just my opinion. Beat someone in bracket like Clel, Domo, Sago, or another mid-upper level MK with D3, and then you can be like "LAWLAL D3 beats MK."

WTF You put Domo in that list wtf is wrong with you.

FWOG

Smash Cadet
Masks given out.

By the way, does anyone have any comments on the 9 minute time limit or FD as a counterpick?
the 9 min help me out vs the wario player i was almost got timed out by him round 2 but the 9 min stoped that btw i lost round 2 lol

and im not a big fan of FD so it helped me n a way ;)

Dnyce

Smash Master
Masks given out.

By the way, does anyone have any comments on the 9 minute time limit or FD as a counterpick? There wasn't a single attempted time out to my knowledge, and I saw a lot less "agree to smashville" than usual (although I still did it, but I was always in a hurry to get back to TOing).
I tried to time Hylian out... but that *** kept approaching :( WAY TO RUIN THE DATA CARL! lmao

Cook

Smash Master
Oh, yeah, MK should be by my name, too. I only used Olimar in 3 matches. Technically I guess DDD should be there, too, because I used him to win one game, but that doesn't really matter.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Oh...I forgot that Singles=Doubles.

Anyways...You were right...I was wasn't able to count my money but I was aware of that fact that you tried to take more money than me in our split...so I wasn't "completely" out of my mind :bee: You talk about my arrogance when I know for a fact that you believe (and have told others) that I will only beat you with MK when that is not true *remembers last tournament* You once said that you don't care what others think about you when it came down to you harassing some of the MO players and with that being said, if I honestly cared about what you thought about me, I wouldn't have said what I firmly believe...which is the fact that yes, I don't think I should lose to you anymore. Also..in regards to respect, I lost some "respect" for you during david's STL Monthly. It may have not have been a big deal to you but you can obviously see how it was a big deal for me with the way I reacted (I don't think I need to elaborate).

Congratz on your placing btw.
I don't remember saying that, but I guess I did, lol. However, I don't see how that changes the fact that I said I wanted to play it out while everyone in our car insisted we just split so we could leave. You apparently weren't lucid enough to remember me saying I wanted to play it out... and if we're splitting just so we can leave I want 10 more.

Also, I will say mk is your best chance at beating me. I've said it countless times. I don't know how that's been translated into "you can only beat me with mk" though. In terms of last tournament, you beat me in winners and I knocked you out in losers... so I'm not sure why you're trying to leverage that over me, or how that even applies. I won the set that mattered.

If you remember what I said about not caring about what other people thought... I'm surprised you forget what I've said about underestimating players (which I've heard you remind me of multiple times)
“I lost to a scrub!”

This is the most entertaining complaint of the bunch. When this player loses to someone he considers a weaker player, the “I lost to a scrub!” line is sometimes used as an excuse. This player is saying that he is very good at the game, and losing to such a poor player doesn’t prove anything. He often enumerates all the weaknesses of this “poor player,” including such gems as “he relies on only one tactic” and “his mind games are weak.” The more he puts down the other player, though, the worse he looks himself. If the other player relies on only one tactic, and you can’t beat it, then what does that say about you?

This need to displace the blame is probably motivated by pride, but it deprives you of a chance to learn from your mistakes (and it alienates other players, a point which you may or may not care about). Basically, you need to have some respect for other players who have the power to win, no matter what faults you may see with their play styles. Sometimes, these “weaker players” really are better than you, and you just aren’t admitting it. And if they aren’t better, then you should not let them win. You should be recognizing and learning from your own mistakes, or you should be improving to catch up to them. Either way, the heart of the issue lies in you, not in the player you just lost to.

---Sirlin on 'Losing' from Playing to Win

As someone who was brought up in a christian family (which I assume, since you mentioned your brother's baptism recently) I find it somewhat polarizing to see you privately holding such a strong grudge against me for almost a year now. I have apologized about it on a few occasions... to which I had believed you had accepted and moved on. Perhaps I was blinded by past friendship, but if you're so bent up about it I don't understand why you continue to put on this facade other than getting personal enjoyment out of deluding me for your own benefit.

If you have a problem with me, say it. If you don't like me, don't talk to me. But I think it's outrageous to pretend to befriend someone then pull a 180 and imply they're not even worth your respect when you cease to be able to maintain the illusion.

Whether or not you lost some, a lot or any type of respect for me doesn't matter; that entire post was completely distasteful.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Shoutouts:

9. Fource: You hella suck at this game. Wordaapp? )':

MJG

Smash Hero

I don't remember saying that, but I guess I did, lol. However, I don't see how that changes the fact that I said I wanted to play it out while everyone in our car insisted we just split so we could leave. You apparently weren't lucid enough to remember me saying I wanted to play it out... and if we're splitting just so we can leave I want 10 more.

My mind set was completely fine after you beat Hylian. You said "are we splitting" and I said "Hell ya" because I was happy for you. So idk where you are getting this car convo from (unless it was before we made it to MO because 1) I was sober before we even got to MO and 2) I only became high once I realized the tourney was over (when you asked if we were splitting). So unless I am missing something, PLEASE let me know..but ill keep that in mind that you don't enjoy splitting.

Also, I will say mk is your best chance at beating me. I've said it countless times. I don't know how that's been translated into "you can only beat me with mk" though. In terms of last tournament, you beat me in winners and I knocked you out in losers... so I'm not sure why you're trying to leverage that over me, or how that even applies. I won the set that mattered.

Fair enough.

If you remember what I said about not caring about what other people thought... I'm surprised you forget what I've said about underestimating players (which I've heard you remind me of multiple times)
“I lost to a scrub!”

This is the most entertaining complaint of the bunch. When this player loses to someone he considers a weaker player, the “I lost to a scrub!” line is sometimes used as an excuse. This player is saying that he is very good at the game, and losing to such a poor player doesn’t prove anything. He often enumerates all the weaknesses of this “poor player,” including such gems as “he relies on only one tactic” and “his mind games are weak.” The more he puts down the other player, though, the worse he looks himself. If the other player relies on only one tactic, and you can’t beat it, then what does that say about you?

This need to displace the blame is probably motivated by pride, but it deprives you of a chance to learn from your mistakes (and it alienates other players, a point which you may or may not care about). Basically, you need to have some respect for other players who have the power to win, no matter what faults you may see with their play styles. Sometimes, these “weaker players” really are better than you, and you just aren’t admitting it. And if they aren’t better, then you should not let them win. You should be recognizing and learning from your own mistakes, or you should be improving to catch up to them. Either way, the heart of the issue lies in you, not in the player you just lost to.

---Sirlin on 'Losing' from Playing to Win

As someone who was brought up in a christian family (which I assume, since you mentioned your brother's baptism recently) I find it somewhat polarizing to see you privately holding such a strong grudge against me for almost a year now. I have apologized about it on a few occasions... to which I had believed you had accepted and moved on. Perhaps I was blinded by past friendship, but if you're so bent up about it I don't understand why you continue to put on this facade other than getting personal enjoyment out of deluding me for your own benefit.

I don't have a grudge but I don't honestly see how you can think our friendship has been the same. I used to adore you (in a weird way) *no homo and I still consider you my friend, but it hasn't been the same since then and I don't think it ever will.

If you have a problem with me, say it. If you don't like me, don't talk to me. But I think it's outrageous to pretend to befriend someone then pull a 180 and imply they're not even worth your respect when you cease to be able to maintain the illusion.

I don't see how I pulled an 180. I never said I don't like you. I'll laugh with you just like any other person, but I don't treat/think of you like Dom or Huy

Whether or not you lost some, a lot or any type of respect for me doesn't matter; that entire post was completely distasteful.

Word.

Responses in bold.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i wanted to stay out of this but i have to say noone asked me about staying vs leaving when it came to the split. in fact considering it was ten when fino beat hylian i would have been fine with playing it out, because even you campy *****es cant make a set last an hour

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
i wanted to stay out of this but i have to say noone asked me about staying vs leaving when it came to the split. in fact considering it was ten when fino beat hylian i would have been fine with playing it out, because even you campy *****es cant make a set last an hour
I asked them to split so we could leave. I'll take responsibility for this.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I think I get where you're coming from. I posted a bit hastily last night (no sleep) so pardon my sensationalistic talk but...
I used to adore you (in a weird way) *no homo and I still consider you my friend, but it hasn't been the same since then and I don't think it ever will.
It's funny, cause I've looked up to you for the longest time as well; I think that's why I got so mad .-.

EDIT: Let bygones be bygones?

MJG

Smash Hero
I think I get where you're coming from. I posted a bit hastily last night (no sleep) so pardon my sensationalistic talk but...

It's funny, cause I've looked up to you for the longest time as well; I think that's why I got so mad .-.

EDIT: Let bygones be bygones?
Duh.

I miss the old times *Extra homo

Shoutouts:

Danny: It was fun teaming with you. We will have to do it again sometime (when my MK works in dubz with someone other than Dom lol).

Corey: Fun set. Chill person. We had several brotha connections at this tourney <3. We gonna team again soon. Drop link for Toon Link already. Best. Link. Period.

David and JoWii: Thanks for puttin me in my CuDi Zone ;)

Jordan, FAE, MMM, Corey, Cook (and everyone in my pools): Fun games!

TP: Good job with this tourney.

4rce:

Huy Wii Dao @ 11:18am
Dillon said he wants to pick up Falco.
Ughh...
I don't want to have to play friendlies against a Falco...

Averil Morrisette @ 11:18am
You will learn new tricksies though

Huy Wii Dao @ 11:18 am
At that point they aren't even friendlies anymore. It's just work.
):
It's always a pleasure to see you

Dillion/Kemo: Y'ALL ARE SO DAMN GOOD AT THIS GAME!

Top Bottom