• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh boy... another confirmed character. How much more of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I was thinking the same thing. Then I did the math in my head.

We got Mario and Link on one day. They were *confirmed *returning characters.
We got Pit today. He's a *confirmed *newcoming character.

We have 6 total confirmed returning characters: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Samus, and Fox.
And we also have 5 confirmed newcomers: Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, and Snake.

If we take 2 confirmed returning characters a day, and one confirmed newcomer a day... we only have about 6 more days of this before they have no choice but to give us a new character. I'm not saying they won't give us new info between characters, they did give us the Gooey Bomb between Mario+Link and Pit, so we won't be totally dry between the excrusciating news of already confirmed characters. But it will go like this (most likely):

First we'll need to get through the already played characters.
Kirby and Pikachu as the next two returning characters. (Day 1)
Samus and Fox as the following two returning characters. (Day 2)

Then we have to knock out a day for each of the newcomers.
Meta Knight, (Day 3)
then Zero Suit Samus, (Day 4)
then Wario, (Day 5)
and finally Snake. (Day 6)

After that, we'll either be starved for new characters until E3, or they'll give us someone new on the site. The earliest possible day we'll be done with these guys is Monday, June 4th.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
yay, that's the day I graduate.

But I seriously doubt that we will get any new characters any time soon. They could fill so many updates with old and new items, stages, and of course---how to play.

You never know... they may have a whole update about the fact that you can jump!

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
It can take even longer, we won't get a character every update, sometimes an item, maybe a gamemode or even a stage, It'll be quite sometime untill we see a new character shown on the website,

Takalth

Smash Ace
They also have the power to mock us by confirming the "almost certain" returning characters such as DK and Zelda. Even those that aren't almost universally agreed to be returning really aren't exciting to have announced (Falco is back. Oh well.)

I'm beginning to think I should just force myself to stay off of Smashboards or Smashbros.com for a month, then come back and see what's changed.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
yaeh I think that Sakurai will have no choice but to put a new characters on the site unless of course he adds different updates such as stages and modes and items, but I think he will most likely reveal a new character that will be in the starting roster, but not anytime soon i'm guessing

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
They also have the power to mock us by confirming the "almost certain" returning characters such as DK and Zelda. Even those that aren't almost universally agreed to be returning really aren't exciting to have announced (Falco is back. Oh well.)

I'm beginning to think I should just force myself to stay off of Smashboards or Smashbros.com for a month, then come back and see what's changed.
Say that all you want, you know that's not going to happen. Lol I'll see you on every day I bet.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
so the update schedule is more than likely
Mon -?
Tue - gameplay stuff
Wed- Two smash Veterans
Thurs- One Item
Fri - One Smash Newcomer

If this becomes the normal schedule, then I don't see what the big deal is, that means in the beginning of the week we'll likely get new gameplay info (maybe even a release date and Control options), and the tail end of the week will get us three smash Chars. Hell, they might even start throwing in semi confirmed character in with the Smash Veterans, so it's no big deal

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
They wouldn't put "semi-confirmed" characters in. That's stupid. That would just get our hopes up.
I can picture it now...

"Captain Olimar"
The pint-sized space hero with the power to control an army of Pikmin to do his bidding with the blow of his whistle. Truly an original competitor for the series.
We are thinking about putting him in.
...But we might not.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
when I say semi confirmed, I mean people feturning from Melee that haven't been officially confirmed or cut from the roster, guys like DK, Yoshi, Falco, Ness, etc. They'll probably mix those in with the veterans on Tuesday

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Yeesh guys. Daily updates so far is way more than I was expecting.

Please keep stuff like this to the many discussion threads that already exist. 2 weeks is not a long time to wait for a new character, especially if we see stages and items in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom