• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP! v4.0 - Sexcellente Southwest ROYAL RUMBLE! [11-22-2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Another update!

Ok JoeWii is driving us there.

Austin players attending:
Hylian
JoWii
JoWii's Brother.

We will have 2 full set-ups and a power strip.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Hylian just curious...have you thought of a crew for TX? I don't really mind if im on or not, i just wanna know how much TX will **** :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian just curious...have you thought of a crew for TX? I don't really mind if im on or not, i just wanna know how much TX will **** :)
I'm working on it :).

Edit:

I have 15 people and a crew strategy made. I will go over it with Xryo when he gets there as I need some input still. You guys will like it though.

The other states don't stand a chance. We won't even get down to our last player.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
alright so...since NM isn't coming i have 5 open spots for housing. i can alleviate anyone who's overloaded if a state doesn't care to split, or i can just help out half of kansas saturday night.

actually...i'll try my best to get all of kansas saturday night. i'll let them know ASAP but if it's just saturday, i should be able to house all of kansas that brett's housing on friday. if not we'll work something out :D

edit: hylian thinks he's east coast now. cute.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
babac better be going... i have some **** waiting for him

im here biotches! chillin at chris's library cus he's ******** and somehow im late even though he works for another hour -____-

screw mario kart

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Add me in

OmegaKoopa - Texas (main Bowser)

It will be so exciting to finally meet some of the great such as Xyro, Affinity, and Hylian ^_^

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Kansas, if worse comes to worse, we can fit you in between Hazygoose, myself, and someone else. If it's just Saturday, it'll be fine with my roommates.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Two is better than one, which is better than zero... because I'm THieN right now. BALLIN'!!!
Worst impression ever. =)

**** you must have a big house to be hosting 15 people le_thien.
: O

Good luck boiz.
You have no idea what kind of claustrophobic punishment is about to rain down on these fools.

HANSON

Does Kansas have housing Saturday night???

Please let us know ASAP

YES! You all finally have housing tomorrow night.

If it's going to be too much trouble, we'll probably end up driving back tomorrow night.
Shut the **** up.

lulz

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Hanson I have 4 spots for housing tonight, can you let me know who I'm housing?

EDIT: Can't house anyone tomorrow, sorry dudes.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Hanson I have 4 spots for housing tonight, can you let me know who I'm housing?

EDIT: Can't house anyone tomorrow, sorry dudes.
I don't even know if there's anyone for you to house at the moment. Most of the housing I need is for Saturday night. I'll let you know in a couple of hours though.

kpeezy

Smash Cadet
I want to see what sleeping arrangements end up being with 15 people in Hanson's apartment... It should be good for some laughs.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
ATTENTION:

The inevitable has happened: anticipated setups are beginning to drop out of the picture now. I VERY, VERY, VERY BADLY NEED SETUPS! This is to guarantee the existence of most (and possibly all) of the side events, and I can't efficiently run this with having as many setups as possible.

Just so you guys have an idea of how the tournament will be laid out, the entire ordeal will be run in two rooms next two each other. If I were to somehow get 30 setups, I would have 15 in one room and 15 in the other. At the moment, I'm looking at anywhere between 100-120 people attending. If I were to have 120 people show up at registration, I could easily have 15 8-man pools, with 2 TVs per pool. This is, of course, a very utopian scenario, and numbers will obviously have to be adjusted, but I fully plan on taking advantage of having as many setups as possible while trying to run at least two TVs per pool. This will theoretically help us hasten the pools process and finish twice as fast.

Long story short: please donate setups if you are able to spare the room in your car. =)

Thank you all again for your cooperation.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
I want to see what sleeping arrangements end up being with 15 people in Hanson's apartment... It should be good for some laughs.
*grins* I'll wear a T-shirt with "Yaoi!" in giant bold print. Maybe that'll keep people from entering my bubble... Or not...? Hmm... *frowns*

Also, I'll bring two set-ups.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
The time draws near

OKLAHOMA!!

You all know what time it is... This is the time when boys become men, girls into women, dogs into cats, and vice versa.

This is a tremendous event in our Smash history. To think that when I started, we could barely find two or three others to play who were competitive, and now, a tournament of this magnitude is in my own backyard.

I want to thank EVERY single player I have ever faced over the course of my Smash journey for showing me that I was right. That Smash had a competitive edge. Be it Brawl, Melee, or 64, that there were those who could take it to that next level and beyond. That it is every bit as thrilling and compelling as any other fighter. That my game of choice was the choice for so many others. That, most importantly, it was insanely FUN.

Now, on to THIS moment, this OHSNAP 4 Tournament extravaganza... I am hyped beyond measure. I want to show the rest of the region that yeah, OK can throw down with the best. We are ready to show you all the best tournament of the year. We are going to be bringing our A-Rank, showtime, all-star, 100% best strategies and techniques. We are coming with it, and if you don't want to get steamrolled, I suggest that you do the same.

Come with it, Texas, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, and whomever else. Because we're coming for you...

Alright, one last thing: OK, I say this before every event, but this time, I mean it more than ever:

GET BIG!!

GET MARIO BIG!!!

Shade_

Smash Ace
So yowara tells me i'm housing people, somehow this doesnt ring a bell..........heh what ever if people need it but i'd prefer not cus our room is small.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll be leaving around 4ish.

I guess Hanson will be at work. Should we go to your place until he get's home Yawara?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
That's fine dude, I'll probably head to his place around 8 or so.

And people, don't forget to like bring sleeping bags and stuff <_<

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's fine dude, I'll probably head to his place around 8 or so.

And people, don't forget to like bring sleeping bags and stuff <_<
Wait...people plan on sleeping?

:088::088::088:

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely be able to go.

Also, I will be bringing a Wii and Brawl. I already mentioned I would, but the opening post wasn't updated to reflect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom