• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OH SNAP! v4.0 - Sexcellente Southwest ROYAL RUMBLE! [11-22-2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
how many people are expected to enter Melee? And is this really only on one day? Because I see 5 tournaments listed on the agenda...
Bluezaft, we are going to go down to one of your Dallas Melee bi-weeklies one of these days... or maybe even more than one of these days.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Cool! Well, we don't really have biweeklies, but I'm sure we can scrounge up a tournament to accommodate you.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
God****, Kansas, you guys are busting my balls. =) Welcome newcomers. Sorry I haven't kept with this thread very much in a couple of weeks - the new job is keeping me on my toes.

Since I'm here...

ATTENTION ALL OUT-OF-STATERS:

We will get back to you guys here soon in the next couple of days and let you all know who has free housing and who I will end up posting up in the nearby motel. I sincerely apologize, but we just don't have the resources or the manpower to house potentially 50+ out-of-staters for free and without pissing off our property owners and roommates.

On the bright side, I make lots and lots and lots of money at my new job, and I have absolutely no qualms helping all you diligent OOSers out with expenses where I can. This tournament is for you fine, willing and able gentlemen, so I will exhaust all of my resources in order to accommodate as many of you as humanly possible.

Furthermore, Kansas has officially matched Texas' numbers as far as participation goes. However, this is only temporary as I am slated to add anywhere between eight to ten more Texan Smashers (specifically from the Denton/UNT area) to the list. Holy ****. Therefore, I would like to also announce with cautious optimism that the notion that we may clear 100 participants is no longer speculation, but a promise. In light of this event, we have now rented out the other giant meeting room next to The Heritage Room in order to give us some breathing space.

The setups are trickling in, but I need all you out-of-staters to really give me a hand with bringing setups if you have space for it. Brawl Singles and Doubles will be the focus, and Melee has way more than enough interest to mobilize itself, but if you guys want the other fun side tournaments to see light of day, the only way I'm going to be able to pound this out is if you guys help me out with setups. Do what you can, gentlemen!

To recap:

• there we not be enough space for free housing for all out-of-staters
  • remaining out-of-staters will be posted up in motels by yours truly for at least half the rental evening rate
  • Kansas has blown their confirmed participation rate out the water
  • Texas participation is about to get almost 50% bigger
  • we will very probably clear 100 participants by 22 November at the rate we are moving
  • OH SNAP! v4.0 is going to ****ing awesome
  • we have officially rented out more space to easily and comfortably accommodate 100+ players
  • we need setups in order to make as many side tournaments possible
  • you guys are all amazing
  • The Southwest will rise again (for the first time!) as the most dominant, most competitive Smash region in the Milky Way
Thank you guys for being so patient with me, and I promise we will have a definite solution very soon.

-- Hanson

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I <3 Thien.
My diddy's getting better. :D
I <3 Doooooooooojooooooooooo

And whaddaya know? - So is mine. =) Diddy dittos will be fun again, although I'm more interested in playing that lame-*ss Meta Knight of yours. I'm pretty sure I can three-stock him now. You down for an Oreo McFlurry Match?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Dojo isn't playing **** until he accepts the My Little Pony Deathmatch challenge.

What games are you looking for people to bring for side tourneys anyway?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I am still curious how we are going to fit these into one day. the only way would be to skip pools pretty much unless they werent going to happen in the first place.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I am still curious how we are going to fit these into one day. the only way would be to skip pools pretty much unless they werent going to happen in the first place.
LOL. To be completely honest, I just listed everything outside of Brawl Singles/Doubles and Melee Singles to engender participation interest. I have no idea if it's feasible (it's probably not), but I will do everything in my power to make something happen that pleases everyone.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Le Thien don't forget you owe me a Random Ditto's money match too XD
Uhhh, do I? I accept, but I can't promise that I'll have much of a bankroll after I finish out renting all these motel rooms. Although I do main 28 people, and I can probably make all my money back off a scrubby Brawler like you. =)

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
What's that? I hear the distant cries of a squealy little ***** :p

But seriously I'm ****ing poor let's stick to $5 ha.
Deal.

Additional Update:

I'm going to go ahead and start making pools now and hopefully get it finished over the course of the next week. I don't want to get bogged down with doing this an hour before or after the tournament is supposed to start, and I will kick as much *** as I have to in order to get the tournament started at 12:00 PM sharp. For all intents and purposes, I will assume that everyone on my Confirmed Participants list are definitely attending, and I will adjust the number of players per pool if I have to.

Hylian, Lee, Xyro: do any of you guys have any pool organization suggestions for me?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
So is Melee's existence at this tournament guaranteed?
Yessir. My crew-mates are particularly interested in making sure the Melee portion of the event comes to pass. That will mostly be in their hands, but I will definitely make sure that we have between 15-20 TVs to make everything happen.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Awesome. In that case I will see about going. And I won't need housing because sleeping is for wusses.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I <3 Doooooooooojooooooooooo

And whaddaya know? - So is mine. =) Diddy dittos will be fun again, although I'm more interested in playing that lame-*ss Meta Knight of yours. I'm pretty sure I can three-stock him now. You down for an Oreo McFlurry Match?
Lmao done

Dojo isn't playing **** until he accepts the My Little Pony Deathmatch challenge.

What games are you looking for people to bring for side tourneys anyway?
and done.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
(melee)
falcos care to MM my sheik? $2-5 each...lemme know, i suck so it's a sure win :D

also, i need someone from CO to confirm that i'm housing them. if not, some NM kids were saying they'd come possibly and so I just want to go ahead and get either you or them confirmed for housing ASAP. lemme know, CO!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'll be sure to bring a copy of Melee and a copy of Brawl with my setup. Would anyone be interested in a 64 setup? I can bring Smash64 and Perfect Dark, though I'm not really sure what condition my controllers are in.

___X___

Smash Lord
well now, im gonna try my best to come here with my bros and most of UTAH.
i just need money and housing hahaa.
ill try my best.

and if i do come..... ill **** each and every sonic i see there, with my sonic.
yep, and ill be accepting MM's

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
add yours truly

...to the melee teams roster... rofl
Coty is going? Whats this, Mr Coty G..(what ever his last name is) is going? I havent beat him in a while, it will be fun. Falco v Jiggs coty for the most extreme amount of money ever? A dollar in 3 quarters, 1 dime, 1 nickle, and 10 pennies.

Oh ya

Jaxyl

Smash Rookie
I'll definitely be there with my Lucario and Zelda. New to the OK Smash scene coming from Houston, so give me a good time guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom