• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"oh ****"

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
So my friend (TFL) who doesn't even use Falco claims he "discovered" something and claims it is legit.

here goes

Him
"and ive discovered
something that is mad sexy
at 90ish to 100% and above
a falco
fullhop
dair
which hits people as small as meta (if you dash and fullhop inside him and do it)
you will land on the top bf platform
and
you can upsmash
afterward
for a kill
it combos into it, the best thing is since its a spike.... even if its damage is redused the knockback is the same..."

and?;o

Choice

Smash Champion
what? knockback is not always the same. this should just go into the "that's interesting" thread.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
bc: agreed

choice: it's not interesting though. btw niceeeee avy haha, where did YOU find it?

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
Just throwing this out there its a unique mixup... and its a flashy interesting setup... But heres the thing i noticed, A fullhopped dair around 90-100% can lead into a upsmash once you land on the bf top platform. What i ment about the knockback was that typically stale moves tend to decrease knockback, last time i checked this didn't apply to spikes, their knockback is relative to damage of the person... (thats why you can stale dair and still spike with it, because the knockback is relative to damage not staleness...) So basically what i was saying was that its a interesting setup due to falcos shorthop being so high... Like its semi gaurenteed based on hitstun from what ive seen. The thing is they can di it slightly or even di it completely away, but since its relatively fast and pretty much unknown its a good flashy mixup.

TLDR: Its not legit (pretty much nothing in brawl is) but neither is jab> upsmash and people still land that... its just an interesting thing to experiment with

Denzi

Smash Master
Basically this thread should just be locked and all pertinent information should just be reposted in the "that's interesting" thread, where it can coexist with all its "not guaranteed but possible" brethren.

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
u mean dair into up-smash? thats not new (is it?) been doing it for quite a while O.O

Oim~

Top Bottom