• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ohh god halp.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Or just tilt instead of tapping. I don't understand why so many people have problems with that.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
C-stick lets you start fast falling as you perform the move (which you'll probably want to be doing if you're hitting with an uair in many cases), using A + Up on the control stick doesn't...

C-stick > Up on the control stick + A

DrewB008

Smash Lord
the point is to get the uair out as soon as possible though, and i, i assume the same as the topic creator, cant move my thumb from y to the c stick nearly as fast as i can move it from y to a. ive always used A for any move that had to come out right away, its way more consistent for me.

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
if you're doing u air after fair in one sh then u can use a for the fair and cstick for the u air. If you're doing up air by itself then you have plenty of time to get to the cstick

goateeguy

Smash Ace
i'd recommend practicing using training mode to slow it down and gradually speed up until you have it full speed, but since c-stick doesn't work in 1-p mode maybe do a slowmo melee and just set a human player to a controller no one's using. once you have the timing there go to normal melee.

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
i'd recommend practicing using training mode to slow it down and gradually speed up until you have it full speed, but since c-stick doesn't work in 1-p mode maybe do a slowmo melee and just set a human player to a controller no one's using. once you have the timing there go to normal melee.
some people would recommend not practicing in slow-mo or even 1P for a couple reasons.
1) in 1P mode you cannot use the c-stick, and you should use the c-stick
2) learning things in slow motion does not necessarily translate into full speed ability.
personally i only use 1P mode if i need to slow something down to understand to mechanics, otherwise it just seems to mess me up. but everyone is different, so just because i can't do something doesn't mean it won't work for you.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
some people would recommend not practicing in slow-mo or even 1P for a couple reasons.
1) in 1P mode you cannot use the c-stick, and you should use the c-stick
2) learning things in slow motion does not necessarily translate into full speed ability.
personally i only use 1P mode if i need to slow something down to understand to mechanics, otherwise it just seems to mess me up. but everyone is different, so just because i can't do something doesn't mean it won't work for you.
@ #1, yes, i know. i specifically said training mode wouldn't work because you can't c-stick. i meant special melee's slowmo melee. and what i find is that it helps to slow it down because even though you aren't getting the right timing for full speed, you are getting the time you need between the button presses down. then you can translate that to just doing it faster when you speed it back up.

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
like i said, just because it doesn't work for me, doesn't mean it can't work for you.

Top Bottom