• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, so

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
Ness definitly had "potential" in Melee. Now he's got something to work with. His N64 version is a forgotten soul we will never get back. HE IS NOT THE RECREATION OF 64 OR MELEE NESs. Now we start out fresh.
His aerials are one word (KNOCKBACK). His bat is something to work with. Yo-Yo is somethingthat has always stayed the same. I am loyal to Ness because e can hit hard if mastered correctly.
Lucas is just a "Training Ness" Easier to control but weaker. I bet thats what people want but I have Ness down enough to say "I think Lucas was unnessasary".
I have not played Bral but youtube lets me slip a peek at him.

Levitas

the moon
Um, you don't know what you're talking about. Ness and lucas are quite different, and "One word: knockback" doesn't mean anything. Ness has had some nice buffs, but it's hard to explain unless you've actually played the game. Melee is nothing like brawl, the physics are all different, and mobility has been reduced/changed a great deal.

And lucas is definately not weaker. He plays a completely different kind of game than Ness.

Levitas

the moon
Ness and lucas are not Mario and luigi. How many times must I say that?

I mean this in the most literal of ways.

EarthBound08

Smash Apprentice
Ness and lucas are not Mario and luigi. How many times must I say that?

I mean this in the most literal of ways.
Wha--? Mario and Luigi are great comparisons; sharing some attacks, but obvious differences in gameplay.

EB08

Ademisk

Smash Champion
New rule, if you haven't played Brawl, you don't get an opinion. It is incredibly difficult to explain the differences between Ness and Lucas. How to put it..how to put it...oh yeah...

THEY'RE LIKE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARACTERS!

Thank you and have a pleasant tomorrow.

オビ (Obi)

Smash Cadet
IrishSheikah, you can't just go around saying "Ness is better than Lucas, Lucas is a clone, blah, blah" without knowing what you're talking about. I have play the game, a few times, and Lucas is NOT a clone of Ness. Sakurai said from the very beginning "No clones" and he kept his word. But if I had to make a comparison, then it would be more like Ness being Fox and Lucas being Falco in melee. Similar moves but WAY different playing style. Also from what I saw while playing, Lucas is a lot better than Ness. Nuff' said.

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
Black, did you just say "Sakurai said from the very beginning "No clones" and he kept his word."

The whole roster is clones (but I like it still). Think before you post!

Ademisk

Smash Champion
.....Wow, I officially hate you. You're stupid.

And no, black, Lucas and Ness aren't like Falco and Fox. I know it SOUNDS good, but really, they're too different for that. At this point they're more like Ness is Link and Lucas is Pit.

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
.....Wow I officially don't care. You can go take a crap for yourself.

Look, Lucas and Ness are different in a way you can't compare two different characters. Lucas and Ness are like Lucas and Ness. Ya... and for all you haters, go **** off

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
.... ahahaha.
Do you remember the name of the cliff that your comprehensive reading skills chose to end the relationship with their mortal coils on?

You don't have any idea what you're talking about, and you're just trying to make some kind of ill-defined buzz.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
And yes....I can go take a crap for myself. I suppose. Sometime later if I have to go. I mean, it's something my digestive system will force me to do eventually. Thanks for letting me now I have your permission now.

Also, nice changing your opinion. I barely noticed *wink*.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
PLAY the game before you make such broad generalizations, please. Because otherwise it comes off like you don't know what you're even talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom