• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Mannn, Kansas got gay rules for No Koast. Probably just save up my money for whobo instead.

Also I'm free all of Saturday morning. Let's play smash that time.
So true. No LGL or a panel of judges, you've got to be ****ting me. Man if I am the only one going to NK i should try to sell my ticket to the con.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i for oen wouldn't like a repeat of what happened to me last NK to happen to me two more times.

i am holding something today, hanson said hed show up as soon as he got off work.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
hrnn. Well, seeing as how I'm in charge of video games at the convention entirely, I will assume it is clearly within my power to supersede and ad rules as I deem fit. Though a panel of judges is a little more manpower than I have available to me, I don't see why there can't be a ledge grab limit.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Alright inferno. I would say that it is crucial to implement a ledge grab limit then. Even if its 70 or something, a ledgegrab limit is better than no ledgegrab limit at all. I think ideally, the ledgegrab limit should be somewhere between 40-50 though. If it were up to me, I would make it 45. So many more people will want to come to this if you implement it.

Like there is really no reason NOT to.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Thank you cameron

for some reason, we had a discussion over this for awhile. we reached a decision for there to be 40. however, metal music man and kel were *****ing (not too sure if kel is even going?) and than steven changed it to no ledge grab limit.

Another solution was to have a panel of judges, in which people volunteer and watch games that people are suspicious. this was suggested because people coul dplank last minute adn still be under the given ledge grab limit.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Alright inferno. I would say that it is crucial to implement a ledge grab limit then. Even if its 70 or something, a ledgegrab limit is better than no ledgegrab limit at all. I think ideally, the ledgegrab limit should be somewhere between 40-50 though. If it were up to me, I would make it 45. So many more people will want to come to this if you implement it.

Like there is really no reason NOT to.
Was that Yawara?

I'm up for playing Smash whenever.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
So is 40 the official LGL for all tournies or I'm guessing basically all Southwest tournies? Just asking.

Anyone want to come over my house and play tomorrow? Just call me first (405)-509-1851.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
No it's not Bryan cause I would've said "All right" as opposed to "Alright." <_< Conditioning I received.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If I'm off that weekend, I'm going to Phase. Also after 11, anyone who wants, call me to play. I'm already going to Tom's place.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Thank you cameron

for some reason, we had a discussion over this for awhile. we reached a decision for there to be 40. however, metal music man and kel were *****ing (not too sure if kel is even going?) and than steven changed it to no ledge grab limit.

Another solution was to have a panel of judges, in which people volunteer and watch games that people are suspicious. this was suggested because people coul dplank last minute adn still be under the given ledge grab limit.
True but if a game runs that low, it usually has to be the fault of both players then and they ended up bringing it on themselves for camping too much. The first time I played Afro's snake, he took me to Mansion and camped hard. I just took my time with DK and he timed himself out essentially.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
My bad dude, we just went over to Tom's and played. SUPER SMASH FEST FUN

Will gotta come down to Norman.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
Random self promotion time! Kind of...

Me and Auddy have been recording melee matches lately. Here's a link to the playlist, if anyone is interested. As always, any advice you are willing to give is appreciated :)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=299898FA1A33F27C

Also, considering going to Phase 6. Need to see what's going to be going on that week/weekend before I can make any definate plans though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Naw SCREW THAT Keith Dphat made a fair statement.

Roughly 3 hours to Dallas, compared to like 7? Cmon lol

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If I don't have anything to do on that weekend, I may come down to Phase, if only to get a glimpse of the tournament scene and see how it's like. I doubt I'll enter it though, because I'm terrible, lol.

If I can't get into the tournament scene though, I could probably stay with friends over at SMU anyway.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If I don't have anything to do on that weekend, I may come down to Phase, if only to get a glimpse of the tournament scene and see how it's like. I doubt I'll enter it though, because I'm terrible, lol.

If I can't get into the tournament scene though, I could probably stay with friends over at SMU anyway.
I like to use my own story as one of motivation. My first big tournament ever, I got dead last... and now look at me :)

Perseverance!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sonic Storm? I guess you're not new, but you're in OK man?

How close is Seminole to other towns cause we have a pretty expanded scene right now, and we'd love for you to join. And also really the reason why most of us go to tourneys isn't because we think we'll steal large amounts of money away but because it is genuinely really fun to be around that many people you have a common interest with.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I like to use my own story as one of motivation. My first big tournament ever, I got dead last... and now look at me :)

Perseverance!
Too bad my experience offline is very low, with my only matches not on wifi being with college friends back in Dallas a year ago.

It also doesn't help to be flat broke at the moment. So my perseverance is going to have to hold out for a long time before I can get anywhere :p

Sonic Storm? I guess you're not new, but you're in OK man?

How close is Seminole to other towns cause we have a pretty expanded scene right now, and we'd love for you to join. And also really the reason why most of us go to tourneys isn't because we think we'll steal large amounts of money away but because it is genuinely really fun to be around that many people you have a common interest with.
Seminole is in the southeastern part of Oklahoma - 20 minutes away from Shawnee, and an hour away from the capital and Norman. Traveling to other cities is possible for me, but only if I have enough money to pay for gas and other expenses I'll need - and currently, I have none, with my only job paying out at the end of each month (lol college jobs). As soon as I start a better-paying job, and find a college to go to next semester, I can start going to tournaments much more frequently.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Phase 6: Teams Edition
Brawl & Melee

Quick Info
Thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263756

When?
February 20th, 2010

Where?
Phase 2 Clubhouse at Waterview Apartments on the University of Texas at Dallas Campus
2200 Waterview Parkway, Richardson, TX 75080
Click here for a campus map.​

What is Teams Edition?
This tournament is going to have a huge focus on Brawl Doubles as the primary/main event, similar to what Centex did. Attendees should prepare themselves for the most intense challenge of teamwork that they will ever experience.

Major Changes
  • Brawl Doubles entry fee has been changed from $5 to $10.
  • There will be a bonus pot of $50 for 1st place in Brawl Doubles, $25 for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd.

What are Achievements?
One thing you'll notice is something new called "Achievements." If your team can accomplish 1 or more of these achievements, then your team will receive a $5 cash prize (you cannot receive multiple prizes even if your team completes multiple achievements). At the end of the tournament, the team that has completed the most achievements will receive a special prize (to be announced).

Example Achievements
  • Beat a team without your team losing a stock the entire set (2/3 games).
  • Heal your teammate more than 400% in one game (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a set (2/3 games) as double Ganon.
  • Save your teammate with footstool twice in one game (replay required).
  • Come back from a 2v1 situation and win when the opposing team has 4 or more combined stocks (replay required).
  • Win a game with a combined total of 100 team attacks (show me the stats screen).
  • Win a game with your girlfriend with 3 or more stocks remaining (show me the stats screen).

Oh... and there's a good chance there will be Free Pizza!

:smash:

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Sonic Storm when I get my license (soon so it wont be long lol) I wont mind picking you up and taking you to a smashfest I'm planning on taking some friends of mine as well so the ride wont be boring haha. Once you see the tourney scene its awesome man Im always hyped hell even at smashfest im always hyped you'll love it.

I keep forgetting to say this Yawara where can I find some Nujabes beats for free? Im addicted to his music.

Top Bottom