• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I would try talking to her about it. Sometimes girls get mad about weird things you don't notice, but that might not be the case. She might be seeing if you'll put in the effort to talk to her. IDK. To me, the most simple solution seems to be just to talk to her.

Sylv was pretty decent. His Fox was pretty easy for me to beat, but his Sheik gave me a bit of a challenge, especially when I death-carded twice at low percent on Pokemon Stadium.

Yawara, I'm going to need that god of studying thing. I took a bad combination of classes and this semester is balls. But at least I made an A+ on the first exam in my senior-level math class (Intro. to Analysis).

In other news:

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Sonic I agree with the advice that simply speaking to her openly when you see her is the best way to understand your relationship status.

You also should try and understand (and I know this sounds insensitive) but young girls (I assume she is a freshman), and especially girls not used to being in relationships often have a hard time expressing that they don't want to be in the relationship (usually its for their own reasons rather than anything you did). Just talk casually with her next time you see her. There is no need to be confrontational, if she feels she needs to break up with you she probably will soon, if not then you guys should just make a positive effort to talk with each other in a lighthearted and fun manner.

I can also say that Bryan is right, sometimes females become unexplainably angry, and usually they won't tell you, they will just treat you badly and expect you to figure it out. This probably isn't the case in this situation, but its something to remember.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Maybe she feels offended that you would rather go have dinner with smash friends ONCE A WEEK instead of spending the evening with her. Doesn't sound unreasonable on your part.
Omg, Chozo is srs, stuff like this does happen. Like, one time my gf got angry because I played Smash with friends on Saturday, which was the only time I got to hang out with my friends that week, but on Sunday I preferred not to go shopping with her (that day) or something because I had school work to do, and she saw it as me making time for my friends but not for her, even though I'm with her most of the time, though of course her rationale was a bit more fleshed out than just that. Now, I don't think that doesn't seem so unreasonable on my part. However, girls have almost a completely different rational framework than guys go, so they see things differently than guys do, and they also think about things that probably wouldn't occur to a guy. Also, they like generally have no life, so they depend on their boyfriend for most of their entertainment, whereas guys have things like video games to keep them entertained. One thing for certain, though, is that you will definitely end up compromising your time in a relationship.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. You pretty much have to let any girl know early on that you do this video game thing and if she has a problem with that then its going to be a chore to keep her entertained. The gem is to find one that will play with you I guess.

I really don't understand why most girls are socialized to be so dependent on men for entertainment, there are so many things they could do other than say you aren't spending time with them when you've been with them 80 hours that week. My girlfriend got the new Rune Factory, a harvest moon game, she's able to enjoy stuff like that, but my previous girlfriends always wanted me to spend excessive amounts time with them when I wanted to game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Because tero and Dinah are better players than me?

And that I don't really give a damn that late at night?

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I'll just try a direct approach tonight. See if she wants to have dinner or go somewhere tonight.

Curtis, as outlandish as your reasoning is, it may be actually be the problem. I noticed a sudden mood shift when I brought up my now-standard Wednesday night ventures. So either I'm not doing those anymore, or we've gotta do these on a different night.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
It's a weekly wifi tourney, Bryan.

It's not that outlandish when you think about it Josh.
In the movie As Good As It Gets, when asked "How do you write women so well?" the main character replies "I think of a man, and I take away reason and responsibility."
It's also purportedly a John Updike quote, but I can't find the proper citation proving so.

Anyway, tl;dr--girls don't make sense. So just come eat burgers tonight and smash at the union.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (NOW featuring Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, and many more great players!) is coming up THIS SATURDAY in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~150 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! Players are coming in from at least California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas!

Note that our tournament is now sponsored by Game On Apparel, Shadaloo.eu, Borderland Games, Broken Tier, and the Bat Cave, which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yeah josh talk to her man. I wanna hear how this turns out!

Bassem edit: Get her some chocolate and/or flowers randomly and tell her you wanted to make her happy the way she makes you happy. Girls LOVE mushy stuff.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Well, she texted me this time around, which is a thumbs up. However, she says she can't do anything today, but can Sunday.

On one hand, it's a day.

On the other hand, it's 4 days away.

Dunno how I feel about that.

Bassem, I can tell you that she would not want me doing that at all lol.

Gravity

Smash Ace
eh **** it. ill go to AR. smashfest my place fri to iron out plans and practice.

unless someone else wants to host

or, since reg starts at 12, and its a 5 hour drive, that might not work. . .unless we love sleep deprivation.

are there any plans? we need some mos def.

DualCats

Smash Ace
We need ARK plans for srs. I just realized that I need an oil change so if anyone else can drive, that would be supercool. Obvz I can help pay for gas and whatnot.

Bryan, ****ing come with us, dude.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I just really don't want to deal with changing my oil within the next two days but I can if need be.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Maybe those riding in your car can help you get it paid for or whatever. It should only take like 20 minutes. Everyone relies on you car so much because its so big and shiny...like your penis.

DualCats

Smash Ace
It's less about money than it is about effort >_< But my penis is pretty ****ing shiny. If it comes down to it, I can just hit up Big O before I get to Andy's place this friday.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
are we going to finally start doing monthlies like we talked about when i get back? i hope so, i think after a few months of training our state can be super legit and bryan will jv5 m2k

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i think we planned on a monthly soon after the ARK tourny this weekend.
also when are we getting together friday? i cant go to ARK but i sure as hell wanna play tmrw

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I've officially swapped majors from Chemistry to History. I've got my Fall classes all set up. Now I just need to drop out of Ochem, and get my act together with Japanese and Physics.

At least now I have no classes at 9. I can afford to sleep in.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i can drive i dont mind. i only get like 25 mpg highway though.

however my car is ridiculously spacious. i gotta clean it though.

so are we leaving sat morning? we gotta leave at like 6:30 am in that case. . .

also who would even be riding with me? ill only drive with 5 people due to gas price reasons.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sooo Brawl players, smashfest tomorrow?

I'll probably not go to Arkansas Saturday. I want to catch up on my assignments and do some homework so that I can have a smooth week next week.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Is this funny Friday? My eyes are bleeding! Penis.

Ahem:

(Yeah, Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ark)
Oo-ooh-ooh, hoo yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah-ah-ah
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein' everything, the time is goin'
Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

Kickin' in the front seat
Sittin' in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend

Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin' forward to the weekend

7:45, we're drivin' on the highway
Cruisin' so fast, I want time to fly
Fun, fun, think about fun
You know what it is
I got this, you got this
My friend is by my right, ay
I got this, you got this
Now you know it

Kickin' in the front seat
Sittin' in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday

Fun, fun, fun, fun

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin')
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after ... wards
I don't want this weekend to end

R-B, Rebecca Black
So chillin' in the front seat (In the front seat)
In the back seat (In the back seat)
I'm drivin', cruisin' (Yeah, yeah)
Fast lanes, switchin' lanes
Wit' a car up on my side (Woo!)
(C'mon) Passin' by is a school bus in front of me
Makes tick tock, tick tock, wanna scream
Check my time, it's Friday, it's a weekend
We gonna have fun, c'mon, c'mon, y'all

It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday

Fun, fun, fun, fun

It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday

Fun, fun, fun, fun

Read more: REBECCA BLACK - FRIDAY LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/friday-lyrics-rebecca-black.html#ixzz1IF9O3t1R
Copied from MetroLyrics.com

Top Bottom