• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
lol i met you already. i think im going, but i notice you just post in our thread and the wichita thread for tourney attendance.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I actually haven't posted in the Wichita thread since Wichita is pretty anti-Brawl lately.

I accidentally invited a certain Ike main from that area because he was in my "people that play smash list" on facebook and he got all the salty >_>

Felt really bad about it

We met? Whennnn? I feel bad now because I don't remember :(

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i met you at apex when i was slumping after losing to an ics player in pools that shall go unnamed incase he name searches himself. even though i was the only one in the pool to beat the pool leader...

DeLux

Oh! I think* I remember, but I met a lot of people complaining about losing to ICs at Apex lol (if you VM'd me who it was, it might help jog my memory)

If you do come, play my ICs please since I'm bad at the Falco MU and it would be embarrassing to have a high profile loss to a Falco for not knowing the MU (almost happened at Apex to me round 1) because it's suppoed to be easy. It isn't for me at all. And I know you're up there in terms of great falco players.

Like my matchup plan against Falco is to pray people are too scared to use him and go someone else lol

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
nope, Pm'ing incase you're friends with them. also im not even on that guys top 5 falco list =/

DeLux

Who cares about that list?

The people that matter think you're good, which is what the list is for anyways (getting that reputation and stuff) imo

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Slo-Mo Melee is the new way to play. Not really, but I think it's kind of insightful.

I hope the Wii U offers a virtual console service for GameCube.

Hanson is Jeremy Lin because it is so in Po's judgment.

:phone:

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
ive always thought OK melee meta game involved a lot of extraneous movement, but then again i dont play the game.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Pretty much what Alex said. All that wavedashing and **** is to create a reaction from your opponent that you can punish. Whether you're pummeling your opponent with projectiles, scrooging, planking or whatever, you are doing 'extraneous' movement in order to bait your opponent.

Tom, what happened to Hanson? Did he become so overwhelmed by fear of my return that he left the state? ;)

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i guess. doesn't necessarily work on me though.

and yes, he now live sin ks.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Kansas?! The land of wheat fields and, er, more wheat fields? Well guess that means a road trip is in the future, lol.

I wouldn't expect any of that stuff to work on you, Tom. You and Pablo operate on a level so advanced, it looks like you aren't doing anything special at all... It's all good though, because the most powerful being to ever walk the red earth of Oklahoma is slowly beginning to stir again...

It's been far too long since a "SHORYUKEN" shout has been uttered :)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I quickly learned that the best way to beat Tom in most games is just to rush as fast as I can.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
pretty much. I may pick up melee pending on a few questions, but id like to keep it a surprise ;)

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
id like to think that.

anybody else interested in going to KC other than will?

Top Bottom