• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I definitely want to play Saturday night, since I should probably work on my electronics lab (which sucks balls) on Friday.

Man, why would you guys want to play fighting games other than Melee when you can just play Melee?
</Meleelitism>

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Guilty Gear has better than fatalities though IK!
IK is kinda dumb though, no one really gets them off anyway.

Guilty Gear is super technical and I would say that it is one of the only fighting games that holds a candle Melee in technical demand. Maybe one day they will make a new Guilty Gear, but for now Accent Core is the best. GG and Melee, as well as Third Strike were all born around the year 2000, when developers pushed toward a highly technical play and refinement. /historical note

Sakurai said in that recent interview that Melee was to be part of this trend, shooting for the qualities of other games being developed or released around that time. Thats why these games tend to hold up, so don't dis on guilty gear, especially as Melee player, yeah, blazblue, brawl, and SFIV can have their moments, but they don't match Melee, Guilty Gear, and SFIII (Alpha III too)

Sadly we may not ever get another Melee or another Guilty Gear, so lets love what we got.

/rant

NEway, I will only be at the union briefly tonight most likely, but next week expect me back in full force. I want to play with Hazy soon.

DualCats

Smash Ace
:<

Also, is anyone cool going to the union tonight? I'm lazy and don't feel like driving.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I'm bringing Guilty Gear on both PSP and PS2. I'm also bringing a hard melee game. I need more shiek practice cats, you've been playnig falco so much that when arby got out the pocket shiek i died 4 times.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Roger that. I'm going to Sheik so hard, I'll turn into a hermaphrodite.

Also: OMGguiltygearwtfoiwejfwqeoifjwqefokij <3 Seriously, I'd love to start competitive GG. :D

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
For GGXX/Mikado fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yvFNEWWVIU&feature=feedu

Also, my bro just had surgery today, and he's not gonna be able to walk for a while. I feel like I should stay to take care of him, at least until the end of the month when his exams are done with. I'm sure like his pain'll subside in two weeks, but for now, we just don't want him unattended so he doesn't just like fall and can't get up and need life alert or some ****.

But ya, that's basically it. So expect me sometime around the end of this month :(

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Man, it's like the only bad thing the year 2000 brought us was George W. Bush as president. Because, incidentally, Third Strike is my favorite Street Fighter, and Guilty Gear is one of (if not the) the coolest arcade fighters, and of course I think that Melee is one of the greatest things ever.

I might show up to the union tonight, but that depends on whether I finish my data structures homework.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
oo, no worries, walrus. gotta have your priorities set, that's awesome of you as a big brother :)
see you soon enough dude...and then you get to go back to japan!

and yeah, karl, i'm driving with my sister from dallas so it would be pointless to drive past norman to edmond, but we can meet in norman and i'll grab a ride with you on the way back that night :) andy goes to bed at like 8 or 9 anyway so we can chill at my place afterward for a couple hours or at my friend justin's as a mentioned before if that would be more worth your time :3

DualCats

Smash Ace
oo, no worries, walrus. gotta have your priorities set, that's awesome of you as a big brother :)
see you soon enough dude...and then you get to go back to japan!

and yeah, karl, i'm driving with my sister from dallas so it would be pointless to drive past norman to edmond, but we can meet in norman and i'll grab a ride with you on the way back that night :) andy goes to bed at like 8 or 9 anyway so we can chill at my place afterward for a couple hours or at my friend justin's as a mentioned before if that would be more worth your time :3
Awesome, dude. :D

Also: Andy, is it cool if I crash on your couch saturday night? That'd make my life so much easier.

In other news, my buddy is student-body vice president and I'm kinda drunk right now. Prepare your anuses.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Man, it's like the only bad thing the year 2000 brought us was George W. Bush as president. Because, incidentally, Third Strike is my favorite Street Fighter, and Guilty Gear is one of (if not the) the coolest arcade fighters, and of course I think that Melee is one of the greatest things ever.

I might show up to the union tonight, but that depends on whether I finish my data structures homework.
Perfect Dark, Power Stone, and nprobably lots of other stuff came out in the year 2000 and there abouts thats very good. Of course MGS2 and DMC came out in 2001.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
OMG HEATH!!!

Now I really wanna come back to OK T_T

Also, I decided to sell one of my wii's and my old ds lite for a 3DS. Nintendo did that **** again, and I just fell for it and bought another one of their ******** handhelds.

But what game should I get for it other than nintendogs?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Nothing till June. Seriously, everything got delayed (for quality yo).

If your playing SSFIV then get SSFIV< otherwise monkey ball is always a winner. I assume the stage difficulty and variety is on par with the original gamecube games, if not just tell sega to jump off a cliff now. If you liked the n64 Pilotwings, you should go for that, personally I appreciate pilot wings for what it is, but never really enjoyed it. (except rocket boots n N64.)

Dead or Alive is out I think now if you like that.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah I forgot, Steel Diver is supposed to be very good, its a submarine strategy game, I chose not to get it but kinda wish I had it now. You can use the accelerometers to move the system around to see stuff when using the periscope.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
norman
okc
moore
midwest city
edmond
So Offa this list...
Semi Active: Community has meleers but not very many or active in state affairs.
Active: Community has meleers, but not the main competitive scene.
Melee Capital: Core of Melee scene in the state. A state may or may not have a Capital if it is even Activity between different cities.
What would you consider the best towns?

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's mainly because of this, lol.
PS3 has many AAA titles, Sonic has never been one of them, Sega told us they were done overmilking sonic when they released Sonic 4...which was the best Sonic title available this generation, but still lackluster...

Sometimes I wonder if the barrage of sonic titles is helping keep Sega afloat, or bad in the longrun. Not to dis on your favorite series, but man its gone down hill. I'm in the same boat though, I'm feeling Capcom is about to destroy Devil May Cry, Mega Man, and Darkstalkers all at the same time...I fear Zelda may be next, although Nintendo always seems to pull it out at the last minute.

/douchebaggery

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Nintendo always seems to pull it out at the last minute
that's how i roll, too.

So Offa this list...

What would you consider the best towns?
norman is the melee capitol, 50% of the scene is there. okc, moore, and midwest city are active pretty much in that order both in player count and activity. edmond, and to a lesser extent paul's valley i guess are what you define as "semi-active." hope that helps!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
midwest city showing up to 1 tournament doesn't qualify them as being more active just because it's more recent than the 15 tournaments irish's crew has showed up to. not to mention sars pirate lives in moore, also gmo. i could keep going if necessary.

Top Bottom