• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Thanks guys, Yall a big help. Visit the Southwest Melee Thread sometime :D Difference between Active and Semi is, if I went there, would I have many people to play, or would it be 2 or 3 people there.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I guess I would say:
Norman: Melee Capital (Me, Gravity, Hazy (tentatively?), Solidus, Sars (during school), Shade, Bassem, James, Steve, any other miscellaneous players in the OU student body))
OKC: Active (KOS-MOS, Po Pimpus, Vegafuse, Outlaw and his crew)
Moore: Active (DualCats, Irish and his crew, Sars (when not on campus), GMo)
Edmond: Semi-Active (KPeezy, Lil Will, Me (when I'm not taking classes) Hazy (tentatively?))
MWC: Semi-Active (Air force crew of 2-3 people)
Tulsa: Semi-Active (There are a few people in Tulsa who play Melee, and I've seen some of the Brawl players playing Melee)

...which is pretty much in agreement with what other people are saying

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sars playing all over the world HOLLA

Also, I got nintendogs, that flying game, and SSFIV.

SSFIV is like not that good cause it's easy mode, flying game is fun cause of scale, nintendogs is like ****ing awesome cute. But the best things are like honestly what came in the box already.

AR Card is amazing, face popping thing is awesome, 3D pictures is awesome.

I would elaborate in like finer English, but I'm tired.

Also, *************** I can't play my Japanese Black on my 3DS.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
those new dudes from moore still play, their just not active on the boards. i play with one of them almost every other week. tryin to play with them more. but yea that sounds bout right. my crew kinda fell apart when i moved away back in 2006. i came back and they moved on to COD and xbox and **** lol. also i love duelcats bein part of moore. as well as sars. that makes moore..... one of the top crews!!! lol

edit

i ***** ur sheik so hard DC that u dont even wanna play her anymore! ;)

po pimpus

Smash Ace
LOL. You guys thinking that just because you have more players, you're the best city in OK... You all know as long as there is KOS-MOS(and Po to troll), OKC will always be the dominant city. You also forget that we also extend in the realm of Pokemon battling, 2D fighters, and are just 150% sexier and more funny. Don't get overconfident just because I'm inactive right now... I'll still Shoryuken you're ***** six ways from Sunday.

We also have 100% of OK's Black Smasher community(Yay Chris and I), making us more ethnically diverse. What does Norman have? LOL White people (and whatever the hell a Bassem is). We also have an NBA team, and that is merely the icing on the cake for the city that birthed the Dinosaur That Created The Earth.

OKC, *****es. We rock.

BTW: Shoutouts to HEATH!! What up son? Sonic Storm looking like John Cena in that pic. U CAN'T SEE HIM, HIS TIME IS NOW. Alex, moar Third Strike matches, plox. Yawara, tell you're bro we're looking out for him and wish him a speedy recovery. See you in a bit, playa. Bryan, stay fly. Andy, stepping yo game up. The rest of you-

SHORYUKEN!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
hell yeah, brandon. sounds fun. unlike chris, you show me some mercy when you stomp me in 3rd strike :3

i remember when norman was just brett and me. oh how times change. boomer.
since i'll be in edmond all summer, okc peeps should hit me up often to play melee/sf/mk/tekken/drinking games/anything fun.

Gravity

Smash Ace
so i started playing LoL on forests recommendation. that ****s pretty fun yo.

who here plays it?

also yeah carl crash away on sat night.

also **** this gradient in the quick reply box

and who all is playing on sat night? just going for a headcount. we need 4 peeps for some teams

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
The Capital is not based on Skill, nor race, nor diversity O_O

It's based on the core of the melee community in that state. For instance, Axe, Taj, and Forward live in Phoenix. RubyIris, Okami, GG7, and Silly Kyle live in Tucson, I and Vectorman live in Sierra Vista. Axe is obviously the best in state, but doesn't mean Phoenix is the capital.

Tucson is the melee Capital because we hold monthlies there, it is lucrative as a Melee town as it is in the middle of the states primary population, and also because we all feel that it is. It also helps that the Melee scene dominates all of Tucson, while Brawl's Capital is in Phx. Aint dissin brawl, just giving examples.

Yall can decide what your capital is, Im just showing yall why Tucson is the Melee Capital of AZ.

Heathq

Smash Apprentice
NM, might have a job lined up in the city so I may be living in the Norman/OKC area soon. I've mostly been playing league of legends recently but I would like to get back into smash if i can remember which button hits the other person :/

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
NM, might have a job lined up in the city so I may be living in the Norman/OKC area soon. I've mostly been playing league of legends recently but I would like to get back into smash if i can remember which button hits the other person :/
:o good luck on that job! if you're interested in getting back into melee shiiiiiiiiiiiiii hit me up often :)
all these people playin' LoL...not my thing but the upcoming stand-alone DOTA looks awesome.

TxZero - do you play any steam games? i don't play LoL but a few of us are really active on steam :) add hazygoose if so!

buncha stuff
hahahaha, welcome to the OK thread, nicknyte. you must not know po pimpus well (which is a mistake...post in any regional thread, including AZ, and ask the old schoolers "who is po pimpus" and you'll universally get the answer "the coolest most awesome person in oklahoma."), but brandon is a master of trash talk.

the only problem is the best OK player is now in edmond :cool:
i'mma train up will and kyle and we're going to stomp OKC out. norman's next.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Heath: Sounds cool, mang. We still got Pablo(he works at my job part time now, lol), but Marc moved to the East Coast :(
I still try to come out for events and stuff, but right now, I'm devoting a lot of time into saving money/getting a new place/woman/lolz, so I don't game as much. If you get things set up here, hit us up, we're still alive... and Pablo and I were just talking about you last weekend, too, lol.

Nicknyte: Don't mind me, bro. I'm OK's resident troll/OG/funnyman/dinosaur/Pokemon Professor. I come in, talk ****, reminisce about the old days, and call in my Hazygoose Assist. I like the concept, though. Good idea you have there... it will definitely help out-of-staters who travel a lot.

EDIT: LOL Will, Alex. I think Marc showed up to more events than Will has, and he's been in Conneticut for 8 months ;)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i tried to drag marc to 2 events last semester but he's not interested :(
'tis a dark day when the smash scene loses another angry black dude. they're growing thin. i'm going to head to south okc to recruit LOL

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Everyone knows I am Oklahoma's blackest smasher. Followed by Hanson, followed by KP, and then rounding it up with Thomas Vu.

The least would have to be Andy, Bryan, and Kuni, who were all from Edmond but are now in Norman.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
so i started playing LoL on forests recommendation. that ****s pretty fun yo.

who here plays it?

also yeah carl crash away on sat night.

also **** this gradient in the quick reply box

and who all is playing on sat night? just going for a headcount. we need 4 peeps for some teams
DUDE I PLAY LOL. And I'm def going to play on Sat night.

I also play league of legends from time to time
DUDE ME TOO.

DUDE ME TOO

Everyone knows I am Oklahoma's blackest smasher. Followed by Hanson, followed by KP, and then rounding it up with Thomas Vu.

The least would have to be Andy, Bryan, and Kuni, who were all from Edmond but are now in Norman.
Kuni never actually lived in Edmond.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
kuni lived in nichol's hills or something IIRC, never edmond.

chris i was joking around anyway :) i have a lot of fun learning from someone a lot better than me in 3rd strike because i love the **** out of the game. when are we going to play some games?

DualCats

Smash Ace
Thanks, Andy. :D

also, we should start playing cs 1.6. Add my ass on Steam. handle is "sausabe"

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
THERE'S A DIGLETT INSIDE A HOUSE.

God I love Pokemon.

Also, next Smash day had better be on Saturday, because I won't have anything else to do then.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
So who are the new people in this thread?
Anyone playing LoL should add me: Solidusian Fury
If your from Witchita Falls, keep in touch, you can also facebook me http://www.facebook.com/forestsharp but let me know who you are cuz I don't remember all of your faces.
Monthlies are tentatively scheduled for april 23rd.

Anyone in the Metro and surrounding areas should also stick around because I'm going to be hosting a HUGE smashfest in a few weeks. I want to see Sylv there and that Link player. The last smashfest at my house was super crowded I might get a room for us.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just to update, I'm gonna be driving at the end of this month, no choice but to.

Also I got like a **** ton of stuff I wanna give, and two of them are like crackers and ****, but I don't know if those have like a bad shelf life lol Might get stale.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i won't be home saturday, anyway, josh!
just sunday. come to the union on wednesday, though, i'm really going to try to make it :)
damn. lol its so hard for me to keep up with all these posts happening at once! well regardless lookin forward to it.
i like that remix Josh

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Glad you like it, Josh.

I've been a fan of this guy's work ever since I stumbled upon him on NG. His Koopa's Road remix is amazing.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yo sonic storm (you're Josh too, right?)...have you played the ds remake of the 2nd FE game yet? i'm waiting for US release but loved the first remake and am pretty pumped about it.

Top Bottom