• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Lil Will's post inspired me to think about this.... yeah so ricky has this thing where he puts peoples phone numbers into this mass text system and it sends out a text to everyone when he has a tournament.

Well thats great and all, but I'm wondering if a Twitter would be just as effective? Then I don't actually have to collect numbers. The question is can I get people to actually USE twitter. I know that socialites use it alot, but I feel that many people don't actually understand what twitter is and may be apprehensive to sign up for it if they haven't already. Essentially I would add a facebook and twitter button to all the tournament postings. If someone subscribed, the next time I ran something or we were going to go out of state I could @groups on twitter to say hey were doing this heres the link.

I'm considering this because not only do I want to expand the demographics that gaming tournaments appeal to, but last week I called 4 people asking them to come to monthlies and PMed even more across 3 different websites (facebook, srk, smashboards). I don't want to have to call King GT & Paymon while I facebook Bilal, and Witchitafalls, PM the Real Inferno on SWF, and PM Nilkam on SRK, etc etc every time I run something...

What do each of you think about twitter? And how many of you check facebook updates on your phone?
I'm 100% supportive of the twitter idea, I've actually been a part of a group that used twitter to send texts to 100+ people simultaneously. Its probably the easiest fix if people will take the 2 minutes to set up a twitter account / subscribe to the tweets

ThirdMarioBro

Smash Rookie
Lucas, you play Melee or Brawl or some other fighting game?
Yeah, I play Melee, Brawl, 64, SSFII, SSFIV, SCIV, SCII, MvC3, and just picked up and started leaning MK9 (my first). I'm freaking terrible (on the legitimate competitive scale at least), but fighting games are my home. :)

Yeah, that Twitter idea sounds great. I actually just signed up about a month ago for a girlfriend that broke up with me a week later, lol.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
You should play Arcana Heart 3 with the rest of us Lucas! Melee scene has really taken a liking to this game, I'd love to see Brawl scene get into it to for some unified fighting madness!

ThirdMarioBro

Smash Rookie
You should play Arcana Heart 3 with the rest of us Lucas! Melee scene has really taken a liking to this game, I'd love to see Brawl scene get into it to for some unified fighting madness!
Haha, I was totally about to go and download a demo on your recomendation, but then remembered that PSN is kaput. I guess you'll have to educate me on the game's many charms in person instead, lol. :)

:phone:

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I definitely want to Smash on Friday night. My girlfriend will be out of town then and I'll need to unwind, so that's definitely a good time for me.

Also, Po Pimpus is indeed "the Professor." If I ever, hypothetically, got to design the characters for one of the Pokemon games, I would make Po Pimpus the professor, myself the champion (because ****ing why not, I'd be all over that **** like Sakurai was on Meta Knight), and Yawara the Snorlax. I'd find ways to put the rest of you in there, too, but those are the three that immediately come to mind.

ThirdMarioBro

Smash Rookie
Holy ****, I just realized that my signature was from 2004. Guess I know how long this account has been idle. Jesus, why didn't I find you guys sooner? *facepalm*

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo Lucas, you should definitely chill with us over at Forest's or Andy's this weekend man.

Also Forest, you should just hold fight nights regularly. Just call them Friday Night Fights and let people over man or something.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
All weekend. Also Christine and her mom are going to KC this weekend so if you need a place to crash, I've got 3 extra beds at my hotel.

But I think Christine said she's leaving at 4 today? So let's shoot sometime around then to play all weekend.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You know what sucks more than breaking up with a girlfriend with "not having time for due to schoolwork" as a reason?

Running into her holding hands with another man a few weeks later, just a few days before ****ing finals.

Seeing that + realizing I was straight up lied to + looming finals = me being veeeeeerrrrrry shaken up with emotion. Goddammit.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'm definitely ready for absurd amounts of melee this weekend. Whoever is first ready to play should call me because Shawnee is dicks and sucks. I also have-a tha ganja. Just kidding I'd never doing anything illegal or admit to it on smashboards. Let's not smoke anything. I have money. We could buy more, too.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Storm don't JEW bryan into getting another university housing contract! Seriously, thats idiotic. Traditions is a rapeton expensive and super far from north campus. There is NO room to smash, and the neighbors complain. I've had the police show up at traditions to a gaming session once, and a party once just because people were talking loudly. And the party was on Winter Break for godsakes.

Also girls are fickle until you give them a hot d1cking, don't take it personally, its just how young girls behave. As they get older they become a little more steadfast in their decisions...but yeah usually it takes a hot ****ing.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The 2B2B rooms at Traditions will be completely filled by the time the February contracts are done, according to Housing.

Me and Bryan talked and we're going to look at Reserves, Cottage, and University Greens (maybe Crimson Park) this weekend and look at rooms and see which ones are cheapest. Possibly try and pull strings so that we can get a 3B3B for Bryan's gf.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Talk to Gravity too cause he needs a roommate. Does Alex need a roommate also?

Also, I just wanna say that Yawara Ng is almost ready to smash bros all day and would love to play Melee, Brawl, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Marvel, Arcana Hearts, Portal, or Nintendogs today.

HOLLAAAA

[edit]

Also if you're looking for advice as to how to destress yourself before finals week, the best thing to do is just to admit how you feel to the people around you, not to her. Don't keep it pent up, just release it, and then focus when you're cooling down from the stress. Distracting yourself isn't really going to accomplish as much as people tend to say it will. That's just a temporary block that'll allow things to fester in your head.

But ya, sucks that she had to do that before finals.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
NO idea, actually just found out I have to drive to Edmond first before returning to Moore.

-____________________-

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Josh, let's play smash and all rip on your ex and then you won't feel so bad because you'll have a lower opinion of her and you'll also be playing smash and you'll have a good time and you can even time me out if you want to.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so i def. wanna smash all night long. i get off at midnight tho so if anybody is smashing way past that let me know. i have nothing to do at home for this whole week and only gotten to play melee once >.> lol text me asap 6204510159 yo

ThirdMarioBro

Smash Rookie
I gotta' be gone from around 9:30:00-12:00 tonight, but otherwise I'm totally down to Smash and rip on our ex's. :) Just tell me what hardware you need me to bring. Text me at 918-935-6186 about where to show up.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yawara: i'm in edmond wtf call me
karl: i want to pick up, too. i'm 95% sure i'll be in norman tomorrow :) let's hang and play mk and smash and watch teh ut00bz and participate in the war on drugs (which side not emphasized)

Shade_

Smash Ace
Is there something happening today? I might have time after like 9 or 10 pm today to play some games. Depends if I finish my essay or not though.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Where do you live? Were in norman. Were playing at my place, 405 464 5348 if you need directions. If you live in tulsa though its probably too long of a drive I think more people are playing tomorrow though IDK.

ThirdMarioBro

Smash Rookie
Ah, yeah, I live in Tulsa. That's the problem, lol. I can drive down from time to time. Probably a little late tonight. All the action is always in the OKC area. The only thing going on in Tulsa the past few weeks are retirement parties, lol.

Any idea if there's some fighting game action going on up around Tulsa this weekend?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Bryan, when are we going to look at off-campus locales tomorrow, if at all? These places tend to close early on Saturdays.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Dang Heath. I haven't heard from you since the "Pablo/Branden/Mark-Era". Yeah, there is still a community of Smashers here in Norman. Melee is much more active than Brawl right now. And there are a handful of Minus players here too. A lot of other games are being played so you should be fine.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
So I'm moving to lindsay and 12th in norman, anyone smash near there?
I live a block from lindsey and 12th and host the majority of the gaming nights, with melee usually front and center, although we've been spending alot of time with Arcana Heart 3 right now because its hot sex.

Top Bottom