• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Have you guys considered that people have found most everything worth finding in the past 10 years, and that the influx of new players isn't really high enough for a noticeable amount of people asking for tons and tons of advice? Even the Brawl character boards get pretty dead at times, and it's newer.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
TYS Bar Fights 6
Houston, Texas
Saturday, February 11th, 2012

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13961280

http://www.facebook.com/events/231125910301023

Kawaii Love Combos on Ice
Austin, Texas
Saturday, February 25th, 2012

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317707

Here are the next two Texas tournaments HazyGoose. You wanted to know when we'd have a 20+ man tournament. There we go. Hopefully y'all can make it down to one of these.

EDIT: If y'all do show up, crew battle? Texas Vs OK? If that's too much then we could just do city vs OK crew battles.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I don't know. I'm not too update with your scene but y'all had some pretty fine players back in the day. Not sure who is still around. But I think it'll be either a good fight or you'll just destroy the cities and we'll be forced to use the Texas Crew

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Kawaii Love Combos on Ice
Austin, Texas
Saturday, February 25th, 2012

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317707

Here are the next two Texas tournaments HazyGoose. You wanted to know when we'd have a 20+ man tournament. There we go. Hopefully y'all can make it down to one of these.

EDIT: If y'all do show up, crew battle? Texas Vs OK? If that's too much then we could just do city vs OK crew battles.
thanks man! except for calling me HazyGoose this post is pro. i'll take a look at the 25th, long story short my student loans will be late because the government thought i was dead (wtf?), and we might have our own round robin thing to try to get monthlies started on the 25th...but if we can't make the latter i will keep my eyes open for TX tournies. i want to travel again, and even though asia has claimed stake to scud and sars, if zinth, kosy, grav, and DC make it i think we would be fine with a 5v5 state crew battle (assuming cities don't fight over who should be playing haha...i can see that happening XD) :) gravity is famous here for squandering crew battles.

but yeah, i'll keep an eye on TX tournies and try and get OK melee on the same page as far as traveling goes. thanks for keeping us informed again!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
You guys wanna really see awful ****, try the Falcon forums.

It's just a bunch of people coming up with more ways to jack their spew about how "manly" Falcon is. Since Tapion's combo video in like 2006.

Character boards are the same everywhere though on every forum per every game. Better to pay attention to what players say when you meet them than what you read.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You guys wanna really see awful ****, try the Falcon forums.

It's just a bunch of people coming up with more ways to jack their spew about how "manly" Falcon is. Since Tapion's combo video in like 2006.

Character boards are the same everywhere though on every forum per every game. Better to pay attention to what players say when you meet them than what you read.
The Ganon boards are awesome son, Idk what you're talking about.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I like spacies' boards for no reason other than watching people with 2011 join dates 'discovering' "new" techniques.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I like going through Brawl boards for that exact purpose.

Like when you see people posting about new applications for like ftilting

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Like just the level of excitement from the community, the way people reminisce. A lot of people still play, and it's true that we live in a hella dead zone, but still... people just don't seem to care as much anymore. Maybe it's just where we are and the people I talk to.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I believe there is hope for us yet if Tom can pick up the game with little experience and pull off the fabled Snake ftilt1 > utilt combo with ease.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
actually, i was going to try to get another head count of who wants to go to hobo? If i dont get enough i was also considering going down to tulsa to hang out w/ chuck/fro/barbs

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
f-tilt u-tilt's hard? I find shield drop turn around u-tilt to be more useful and more challenging.

Also the smash scene isn't growing cause vets quit the game (real life issues) and new players trickle in. The diehards will keep the scene growing, and since we basically meet the same people at every tournament, it makes it a more personable experience to do well. At least that's how I feel the game has been.

Also the 2005-2008 scene was characterized by a lot of people who were on the boards that never actually went to tournaments. And when they did, they quit the game.

That said, I wanna play SF4 instead of smash now

G. Vice

Smash Lord
That said, I wanna play SF4 instead of smash now
Lame.

It's truly a shame that they won't keep making smash brothers games that are competitively as competent as melee. That would definitely help. But then again it's hard to improve on perfection.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
actually, i was going to try to get another head count of who wants to go to hobo? If i dont get enough i was also considering going down to tulsa to hang out w/ chuck/fro/barbs
I still want to go to HOBO I have a lady friend of mine whos been wanting to see me for a while lol.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sakurai and Iwata both stated they're bringing some of the Capcom crew to develop the next Smash game to the point of being competitive. Just as long as this doesn't mean "lawl Melee engine with HD graphics" I'm ok with this.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Wait, Capcom? The same Capcom who thinks this--

is funny/unique/whatever-the-****?

**** the gaming industry in its *** entirely.

I'm done with Capcom, and will have nothing to do with the next Smash if Nintendo lets them do anything other that ask that Sakurai let Mega Man(the REAL Mega Man) be in it.

Been playing since the NES, and I've never felt disrespected by the industry. Until recently... Now its just been one big troll session after the other and it's not just Capcom(they're just the most bold).
To hell with this ****.

I'm gonna start lifting weights or something...

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
also, since this is for a PR/in-state competition, i think a thread is unnecessary and will probably be more confusing than helpful. we should just info dump here. po owns the first post now, so we can always alter the title/content of the thread/first post with info
Lurker from dallas here requesting you post tourney threads! I get that you want to keep this one in state, but I don't think I've seen an ok tourney thread in the last year...

:phone:

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Are there any future tournaments planned that's going to happen in OK? (Specifically Midwest City, if none there then just OK in general.)

:phone:

Top Bottom