• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im sure ive stated this in the past but if we cant get a venue in norman check out the library in moore is well. honestly idk any place else to put out there >.< Cell games sounds Legit

emilywaves

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I hear what you're saying. It's pretty surprising since I can't imagine people being so completely assholish about this kind of stuff. That said, I'm pretty new here and only started running tournies last year. I know you're not accusing me of anything, but I do want to make it clear that I want to maintain the utmost integrity and transparency in all of my events and my main priority is to give back to the community, OK included. I know you guys had some hard rounds in my past two tournies, and unfortunately, it's because I tend to seed people I don't know lower. Since you guys have been burned before, I'll make sure to include one of you guys during the bracket making process in order to ensure fairness and also to include an educated opinion on OK skill (shameless plug: this means you guys just have to come to TX more so we have more accurate seeding :D!! ).

Anyway, I understand where you guys are coming from and I hope we can put the past behind us and focus on playing this awesome game. I will continue to host awesome events (not to be immodest, but I do this for a living so I do know my **** (a living as in event planning, not Smash TOing)) and you guys are ALWAYS invited and welcome to come.

DualCats

Smash Ace
. . . I know you guys had some hard rounds in my past two tournies, and unfortunately, it's because I tend to seed people I don't know lower. Since you guys have been burned before, I'll make sure to include one of you guys during the bracket making process in order to ensure fairness and also to include an educated opinion on OK skill (shameless plug: this means you guys just have to come to TX more so we have more accurate seeding :D!! ).
I'd be willing to help out if I show up to the next one. Especially considering I have no intention of entering singles. I have a fairly solid understanding of OK player skill and since I still like to think I'm an AZ player, have no disposition for bias.

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Whats good Oklahoma? I've been itching to play some melee and this weekend could potentially be my only free one until January.

So I'm posting to check if the house of G&W is open for another guest or 2 this weekend. Preferably friday night - sunday morning/afternoon to make the drive worth it.

Also, I was promised food and drugs.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Whats good Oklahoma? I've been itching to play some melee and this weekend could potentially be my only free one until January.

So I'm posting to check if the house of G&W is open for another guest or 2 this weekend. Preferably friday night - sunday morning/afternoon to make the drive worth it.

Also, I was promised food and drugs.
I work every day this weekend, but I'll definitely have some time to play.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It's cool dude, your I've seen people with worse **** talk than you.

I haven't seen anyone worse at melee or marvel though.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
he tells us about the new phone but doesnt state if its the same number or not.... its like he wants a cliff hanger

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
LOL my bad dude yea its the same number
Also it is the iPhone five
And I didn't type any of this LOL

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
LOL my bad dude yea its the same number
Also it is the iPhone five
And I didn't type any of this LOL
Dude, good ****! The iPhone 5 has the most incredible form factor; I can't believe how light it is, too.

I actually got a less-bulky case for my 4S and it's a lot more enjoyable to use now.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ive learned to ignore since its literally a worthless debate. Its comparing red apples to green ones as theyre the same thing by different companies

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Rather than debate, I'd much prefer to talk about what I like about iPhone and then listen to other people talk about what they like about their phone. Because I like talking about Apple products and I'd be interested in learning about other products without having to do the researching.

From my current limited experience with the iPhone 5, form factor is really the most impressive thing about it to me. Up until iPhone 5, the iPhone has really been more of a "pod"-shaped device. However, "dumbphones" have typically had a more elongated form. What I see in the iPhone 5 is that traditional phone shape but transformed into a modern, more capable and physically minimalistic device. I don't know if what I just said sufficiently conveys the notion I have in mind, but it really is something about the implication of the device's form that I find to be incredible awe-inspiring. Some reviewers have said that they don't really think that the new screen dimensions are such a big deal, but I think that, as far as form factor goes at least, it makes a very big difference in the culture and implications of the technology -- it is as though the iPhone has finally evolved itself into its own kind of device rather than being just a super-powered iPod that is also a phone. I think that the extra row of apps on the home screen that the longer screen allows is also a pretty significant addition. I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make on non-media content-viewing, though, because the horizontal dimension is still the same, and I think that's more so the limiting factor. However, I wouldn't want them to increase the width of the phone for the sake of a new screen, because I would still rather have the comfortable one-handed grip, and iPad really fills that niche as far as Apple products are concerned; but, I do think it would be cool if they eventually expanded the screen horizontally (e.g., replacing the horizontal borders with more screen) and vertically (to maintain the aspect ratio) without changing the dimensions of the device. I'm guessing that will probably be the direction iPhone 6 is headed. I'm definitely expecting a 5S next year, though, which I would be ecstatic to upgrade to.

From a more practical standpoint, I think that the new form factor also improves easy-of-use. For example, the lengthened form of the iPhone 5 will allow for a better grip on the device. This effect is significantly compounded by the fact that the iPhone 5 is so unbelievably lightweight: it really feels like there is almost no way you would drop it, and even if you did, the impulse force on impact would be cut, the back of the phone is made of titanium, and the longer form would distribute the impact force over more area (I think), so I think the odds of getting a lucky break are greater. To me, the now form really does seem like a major evolutionary leap in smartphone handleability.

Also, internets are complaining about faults in certain parts of the new Maps app, but (1) I'm not sure if those are more localized issues that are relevant to people only in certain areas and thus not as big of an issue as the level of dissemination would suggest (but a problem is still a problem and that is a pretty non-trivial problem where it is relevant), (2) I like the new Maps app better from my experience (which hasn't included any of the popularly noted issues), and (3) you can still go to Google Maps on Safari, and it even immediately points out how it can be installed as a web app on your home screen, so it can still be easily used where the new Maps app has problems.

Maybe I could go on about some more things, but I should probably be getting back to to stuff I was doing before I started writing this.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
this can only end well
probably the greatest statement that could have been said in response to mine haha

dont get me wrong. im honestly impressed by the I5. yeathe S3 is quadcore. my personal preference is HTC and now we are the ones behind. i'd buy the I5 or S3.

also Green apples have the aura of being more sour even tho that is not always the case

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
only international S3's are quad core

right now every android smart phone in the US is running an S4 dual processer from qualcomm cause we're ******** with the way we doll out LTE

Also the one X is nothing to sneeze on. id prefer it over the sgs3

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Sigh... to be the only person in the world who just wants a phone to be a phone and a video game to be a video game...

Not everything has to log into Facetwitterskypespace 24/7, or be more movie than button pressing. But what the hell do I know...?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
DANG TV with that hard truth.

Smartphones are one of those things that seem unnecessary until you have them. I already feel like I can get more networking done atm.

Course I didn't have a phone since August, so that might be why.

Top Bottom