• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Agh, I wanted to play you two :(

Biggest dissapointment of the day...

:006:
I thought I recognized Josh. Wanted to strike a conversation, but I feared it could've been a complete stranger. :facepalm:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If I get this new job, it's gonna be pretty chill.

Weekly 4-7 which is awesome cause i can study and alternating Saturdays full time. Plus I work as a teller at wal-mart which is like the easiest job in the world.

Might be able to make that tournament after all.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
yo, i have next 3 days off, so we need to get that kogmaw into shape. Any other OK smash league players wanna play? I'll teach ya =3
I've played a lot of LoL since the last time we game'd, and I still try to apply the things you told me about. I think I'll have to play many characters and roles to finally see the big picture :)

I could help you with halo, Vegafuse.
Pretty much on everything, my gamertag is:
Unrivaled311

I almost exclusively play infinity slayer, and probably going to start playing the new 2v2 for the pro-style rules.

If you're bad at both LoL and DotA 2 but you want to learn both, I'd suggest picking one and ignoring the other for a few months until you're good at one. They're both MOBAs and the basics are fundamentally the same, so it doesn't hurt one to ignore it if you're new to the genre. LoL is easier to learn, so I'd suggest focusing on it for a while.
I actually think this is what I'll have to do.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Also Pablo, come down and play AE the Triumverate: Augustus Karlus, Magnus Antorius, and Bonus Yawalrus.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
the very low levels of LoL are full of brand new people and smurfs (usually people who got banned from main accounts) so skill level and toxicity is everywhere =s it fixes itself pretty well by lvl 15-20

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It's just the powering to get to that point is awwwffffulll

[edit]

Yo Bryan, remember when you said you wanted to play SC? What happened to that?

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
Yo, let's all go to this.
as a fellow TO i applaud all of this. go to this shiz guysssssss
There's like a 50% chance (haven't checked if logistics are favorable) I'll megabus my way to Frisbie's tournament. As long as I don't have to stay a night there, and sleep on my way back to OKC I think i'll be good. Though It'll be MUCH preferred if I go with other OKer's since they are pros at networking... And if I practice Melee in the mean time, I need to get a GC.
I might be down to go to the Houston tournament.
So some of you have shown interest in my tournament in Houston on the 23rd, but none of you have said for sure if you can make it or not.

So far four people from Mexico have confirmed they are going, with four more, including Yu and Twin (Javi's twin brother), who are trying very hard to make it, not to mention that people from all across Texas and DoH will be coming to this.

Louisiana might come as well, I think if you guys came it would probably give them a push to come.

The last one had 48 singles entrants and I really want to get over 50 this time. There is plenty of housing, just ask in the tournament thread. There is also a megabus promo in the thread for free/$1 trips. I hope some of you guys can make it, hype up the tournament thread if you can go!

Tournament thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330217

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yo guys- Been a while guys lol.
So, I"m just putting the word out, on Wednesday the 27th, I'm hosting a Halo tournament, and was wondering if anyone was interested in joining. I got a room, TV's, power strips, and tables, but I only have 2 Xbox 360s within my reach, anyone interested?

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I just started playing LoL.

I hate the people you team with.
That's why it's abbreviated "LoL". You should add me if youre a noob too. Chris and Matt kinda started playing it as well. I'm still holding out on AE (and Dota2) until I achieve some milestones.
I ran out of gold :/ did you play any of the other halo's with the MLG rulset?
Naw, I played all of them super casually. I did used to read up on the competitive side, and even tried out swipe sniping and bxr during halo 2 days.

So some of you have shown interest in my tournament in Houston on the 23rd, but none of you have said for sure if you can make it or not.
I would love to go man but there happens to be a local tournament for FGC games on the same day. There's the prospect of it kickstarting bi-weeklies 10-15 minutes from my house so I want to try to make it a success for future convenience sake. PATS being a big tournament with international players, housing, cheap transportation (megabus) and Melee is very tempting though.

Yo guys- Been a while guys lol.
So, I"m just putting the word out, on Wednesday the 27th, I'm hosting a Halo tournament, and was wondering if anyone was interested in joining. I got a room, TV's, power strips, and tables, but I only have 2 Xbox 360s within my reach, anyone interested?
Hey Kuni! This is sorta out of the blue, and especially for Halo. Does this have anything to do with that on thing?:)

edit: also good stuff to Chozo and Sonicstorm going to that tournament.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
i'm afraid i go to school in connecticut frisbie or i'd be there.

peeps. GO TO THIS. :) get your names out there more, rep ok big.
Thanks for the support, hope to catch you next time!

I would love to go man but there happens to be a local tournament for FGC games on the same day. There's the prospect of it kickstarting bi-weeklies 10-15 minutes from my house so I want to try to make it a success for future convenience sake. PATS being a big tournament with international players, housing, cheap transportation (megabus) and Melee is very tempting though.
It's all good, it's just good to know if out of state players are coming in advance for hype/headcount purposes. I hope that bi-weekly tournament works out, and I hope I catch you next time!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i know multiple oklahoma competitive halo players, and casuals who like playing online a lot, i'll tell them about your shindig, kuni. outlaw knows quite a few of the latter as well.

edit: also no moba really matters until the lord of the rings one comes out. i call treebeard 24/7, who's gonna play with me?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Lol Pablo, no it has nothing to do with "that one thing". You should totally come Pablo. My friend got me into it, and it is pretty fun. Thought it would a nice thing to do.

Thanks Alex, I'd actually really appreciate that- I'll post the specifics later. But for now, it's Wednesday 27th in the Student Union, second floor(near the couch lounge) from 2:30pm-12am. 2 vs 2, and 4 vs 4...if we can figure out how to link 2 x boxes together. Rules are still in progress, I don't know what the official rules are for it yet. $5 entry per 2v2 or 4v4.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I've got a "well-known member" for you, smashboards.

EDIT: this post makes no sense anymore.

Dove

Smash Cadet
i can't believe we survived the server transfer. it took 4 days because, you know, it would have made too much sense and been too expensive to work like a real company and have someone who knows what they're doing take care of it all - not to be offensive to bionic or anyone else who did do the dirty work. BIG SHOUTOUT TO OUR NEW OWNER, AZ, NEAL, ZANE, AND ALL THE OTHER SUPER IDORT BROOMERS WHO THOUGHT THAT BEING ON THE INTERNET FOR LONGER GIVES THEM DOMINION OVER ANYONE. ALSO BIG SHOUTOUTS TO YEARS OF TERRIBLE MODS (ADMINS HERE RULE THOUGH). keep up the terrible work, all you guys. and the circle jerk.

so before i get accounts banned, just wanna say i love you all. while haters get old and die, oklahoma has kneegrows going to law school, grad school, making 6 figures, running tables at all sorts of fighting games, and generally being ballers.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Haven't seen footage of it. Didn't realize the game was playable on campus until after they were closed up and gone.

Ah well. Maybe my bro will get it. He really loved MGS4, so maybe he'll gobble Revengeance as soon as it's out.

Top Bottom