• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I'm hoping when I come back, the tornadoes wills top and hurricanes will hit New Orleans instead.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
central florida. and no tulsa is 1.5 hrs away from the metro where all but 1 ok smasher lives basically. :(

new place today, move in in 8 hours rawr. hi again norman, remember when the melee scene was just brett and i?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Smash4 spoilers ahead (are spoiler tags no longer supported or something?):

Dude, Mega Man.

I think I'm pretty much sold myself.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'm not.

The game looks exactly like Brawl, and I'm not about to buy a new console for another Brawl.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
It does look a lot like Brawl did in its trailers. But I also think that this trailed revealed basically no information about the fighting mechanics except that Samus can do a forward tilt and then a forward Smash fairly quickly thereafter. So I'm not really convinced either way about the gameplay.

What matters is Mega Man, dude.

And in any event, I'll probably be our designated Wii U owner at some point.

Also iOS7 looks boss.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
PRAISE CYBORG NINJA JESUS! THE BLUE BOMBER IS BACK!!

Capcom, you actually did something smart and let Sakurai have Mega Man. The swirling, festering, blazing pit of hate and anger I had towards you is being replaced with something else... Is this what being happy feels like?

...AND OH **** @ VILLAGER! THIS MOFO PUTTING CHARGE BLASTS IN HIS POCKET!! HOLD DAT, SAMUS!!!

METAL BLADE EVERYTHING IN 2014!!!

AND HE HAS A SHORYUKEN?!

LUIGI, YOU HAVE A NEW ROBOT BROTHER AND HIS NAME IS ROCK!!!!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
They actually did show off elements of the gameplay, and it was the same as Brawl. Any smash game that's going to need to played efficiently on a 3ds is automatically going to be awful which makes it seem like this game may be even worse than that.

PS4 though looks like it's definitely going to be worth it. As does a Final Fantasy game which, like, has not really been said for a while. FFXV might be that next gen FF game we all want, and thank God it's no longer set in the Ivalice world. Aside from Tactics, I've never really liked that world.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Dude I knew Chris would main Wii Fit Trainer lol. She looks like a replacement of ZSS but maybe not?

I'm maining Mega Man even if he sucks somehow.

Need Melee today though. Since nobody wanted to play drunk Melee with me yesterday :(

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Bryan, you may main Mega Man, but I main Rock in my soul... No one has spit more venom and anger at Capcom for neglecting Mega Man than I have, just ask Chris, lol.

If Sonic comes back, then the iconic trifecta of my childhood would finally be complete. Just listening to Sakurai's comments about Mega Man makes my heart smile-- Sakurai: "I didn't want just any 3rd party character, but Mega Man is special." and "Maintaining Mega Man's NES look was a top priority."

It's also cool that his A attack is the Mega Buster and his F-Smash is the Charge Shot, but he's gonna have some real problems up close.

Chris is maining Wii Fit Trainer, watch her be OP as all crap now...

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I like how they kept all of the elements of the new chars Wii fit trainer will be the first one I wanna play with because she looks so outta place in the smash world lol also Brandon tell Marc to $$ match meeeeee. :p Im free Friday and Saturday for a game of anything even if were just kicking it I need to relax for once. (405)-406-0392

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So far every bit of gameplay footage I've seen from this new game has been so unimpressive. Mario's dash attack actually sends you flying away at low percents. What? Why would his dash attack send you high an upwards ever? Why would anyone's jab combo launch you full screen?

Also you can tell Sakurai's not even going to do a remotely decent job balancing if that's how he's going to play a character who's neutral attack is a full screen projectile that stuns you. And on that note, why would anyone not play a character who's a faster more mobile falco who also comes equipped with more zoning options--like 4 more zoning options. Even without his charge shot smash attack he comes equipped with what is ROB's down-B only it comes out without it having to charge at all. And this is what I gathered after watching like 20 seconds of gameplay.

Nintendo tricked me into buying a wii before, and the only games I ever really enjoyed on it were the Mario Galaxy games. The Wii U from this E3, from what I gathered, has lost more support from third party publishers, isn't going to release any substantial first party games aside from a Donkey Kong game and a Luigi game which is a carbon copy of the already in place Mario game on the Wii U which itself is a copy of a Mario game on the Wii.

Smash 4 looks disappointing--but unsurprisingly so. When they announced it'll be compatible with the 3DS, anyone who was ever good at smash should have known the mechanics for the game would be simple, and it was going to suck. The anti-combo mechanics in this game are stronger than ever with jab combos sending characters flying for no reason. There's so little variance between the effects of doing jabs/dash attacks/throws/tilts/smash attacks now other than percent gaining and late end stock killing.

Hopefully someone will just hack the Wii U and create a Smash ______: Project Actually Trying to Create a Decent Game 2.1 or else this site's going to go into a deeper **** hole than that random ******** site that Chibo made a few months back.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Smashboards. The only place where seeing Mega Man in Smash is met with disdain. Sigh... I'll see you guys in another six months or so...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If you wanna shell out 350 bucks to a company that refuses to even create a decent game around gimmick third party buy-ins to entice customers then yea, it's up to you.

Mecha1

Smash Rookie
Knew there would be lots of discussion about Smash 4 here lol

Super hyped to see Mega Man finally getting added to the game! Also super sad to see that it looks like it has Brawl mechanics. Unless they make a lot of changes before release or some group of geniuses make a Project M type version of it, I seriously doubt I'll be getting it.

Melee 4 life

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Never knew an attack that went a distance of 2 Mega Mans before vanishing counts as a full-screen projectile.

I'm excited to play Smash 4. Faster-paced, it seems weightier, which means it's not SSB Brawl HD redux. At the same time, it's not obscenely fast, and characters don't take 24 hours to get out of hitstun, so it's not SSB Melee HD Redux. It looks like it's got it's own identity, so I'm happy for that.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Two megaman lenghts? For my over exaggerating you rebuttal with some understating, but I guess we can leave it at that happy medium.

Nintendo over the past few years has assumed the role that EA has built its reputation on over the past few years--a company that's focused on rehashing old concepts towards mass audiences with its titular brand of software.

But whatever, the vent's done. Unless they really change their model for both the system and the game(s), there's no sure as heck reason to drop $300 on this console.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I'm all with Yawara in concluding "guilty until proven innocent" as far as buying a Wii U goes: I agree, regrettably, that Nintendo has really been pretty lazy with its game development. I mean, the Mario Wii U title they announced seemed to be the same kind of game as Mario 3D Land, whose game type was designed specifically for portable play. And while the first New Super Mario Bros. was novel (in its way), all the rehashes they're doing of it really don't seem too unique by comparison. I mean, the best looking non-Smash game for the Wii U so far imo is Wind Waker HD, and that's a remake of a game that isn't even that old. I really don't sense the same creativity and risk-taking they demonstrated in the SNES/N64/Gamecube eras -- they seem to be designing and releasing their first-party titles on the premise that people will buy them because they are mainline first-party Nintendo titles. If/when I buy a Wii U (which I probably will at some point just because I make the munyz and don't really have time for long single-player games anyway) it probably won't be until Smash is released -- which I'm thinking I'll want to own in any event based on what I know so far -- and that may very well be the only game I ever own for it (minus virtual console offerings and the like).

That said, my judgment of Smash for Wii U isn't really tied to any decisions, so I'm still fairly optimistic about the rest of it that they'll show. It doesn't really make any impact on me how pragmatic my opinion on the matter is, so I think it's more fun to be optimistic -- then at least I can laugh about it later if it really does suck that bad.

Also, I think Sakurai is a really passionate game designer with the best intentions in mind and who really cares about the quality of his products. As a designer of software myself, I think I understand that about him. I'll have faith in his efforts until the game comes out and we can make the only truly conclusive decision. Then, no one else will have to worry about buying a Wii U if they wouldn't otherwise and they can try it whenever they're over here anyway.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I see really no reason to trust Sakurai's sense as a game developer or believe that he'll listen to suggestions from his fan base. Japanese developers/corporate society is a total top-down system in which decisions are made without regard to what people say. Ideas that don't match the conservative views of decision makers tend to be unfavored. This smash game will likely be the same.

In other news, I just finished The Last of Us. Pree sick.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
sooo.... been outa the scene for awhile...life and all ha... no wii or cube anymore...living on a couch... thinkin bout getting into the gaming spirit anymore... been playing injustice lately. which makes me just want to play a better game. so im down for attempting to get back in the thick of things again. especially with alex living here in norman now. btw i live in norman now

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Word dude, been wondering how you've been. Also I'm gonna be back in probably two weeks to have gay sex with Karl.

DualCats

Smash Ace
sooo.... been outa the scene for awhile...life and all ha... no wii or cube anymore...living on a couch... thinkin bout getting into the gaming spirit anymore... been playing injustice lately. which makes me just want to play a better game. so im down for attempting to get back in the thick of things again. especially with alex living here in norman now. btw i live in norman now
I can give you a spare cube. also lol injustice; that's roughly the same thought that crossed my mind the one time I played it.

Word dude, been wondering how you've been. Also I'm gonna be back in probably two weeks to have gay sex with Karl.
i should stock up on lube and exotic dildos.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I have doubts for the new smash, but if they have real fighting game designers testing it then I think it has a chance to be at least semi-balanced. I like the new Samus look, she'll probably be my main if I get into the game. Though I'll probably play it at your place Bryan before I decide to get it for myself anytime soon lol.

The new characters they are adding are pretty fun looking, but the choices they are putting in are clear evidence that they are not choosing new characters based on what everyone wants, it's just things they think will make the players curious. They need a new fire emblem character too.

Top Bottom