• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
It's because you're spacing positionally like in Brawl as opposed to just spacing super actively, but yeah, I know what you mean. A lot of melee players actually have awful spacing cause they don't understand how to do it correctly cause they're just moving
THIS. This right here.

When I played Melee for the first time in ages after a long stint playing 2D fighters like SF and Persona(and even Brawl), I noticed a dramatic improvement in my play.

Playing games that require the player to have solid spacing as opposed to just moving around like a spaz fishing for a hit like I used to play Melee forced me to actually think about my hitboxes and where they were in comparison to my opponents hurtboxes.

It's why a guy like Pablo who doesn't do anything really fancy is able to confuse and confound people even today-- because he has phenomenal spacing and vision.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Results For TnT

50 + Entrants Singles

1. Chuck Nasty Split $225.00 Mk/Pt Trainer
2.Melee1 Split $225.00 IceClimbers/Mk
3.Zeph 50.00 Marth
5.Fling Lucrio
5.Gustavo Pickachu/DK

Teams: 14 Teams No Split

1. Melee1 and Fling 85.00 MK/Lucario
2.Chuck Nasty and Seff 45.00 Mk/Rob
3.Gustavo and Aaron 10.00 Pickachu/Marth

AmericanOtaku

Smash Rookie
Results For TnT

1. Melee1 and Fling 85.00 MK/Lucario
2.Chuck Nasty and Seff 45.00 Mk/Rob
3.Gustavo and stephan 10.00 Pickachu/Marth

@ 3. Gustavo & Stephan. It's not Stephan, it's Aaron. By the way... Hey everybody, I'm Aaron! I'm pretty new to the OK smash scene & this was my first tourney in a while. Really suprised I got as far as I did. But anyway, nice meetin u guyz.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
the only time i don't check this apparently is when i'm actually in OK. i don't leave until sept 1 so i'm down to play the newcomers when ou begins :D
i really want a smashfest/otherwise gamefest/lan to happen before i go, get as many people as can go to all show up. where and when? no clue.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
@ 3. Gustavo & Stephan. It's not Stephan, it's Aaron. By the way... Hey everybody, I'm Aaron! I'm pretty new to the OK smash scene & this was my first tourney in a while. Really suprised I got as far as I did. But anyway, nice meetin u guyz.
Sorry Aaron fixed also Ggs to all Oklahoma people who came

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I dont think it's dead actually we all just dont communicate im getting a place with my gf soon I wouldn't mind hosting smashfest

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yo, LUIGI confirmed for new Smash!

About to SHORYUKEN some fools right after I get through chucking Metal Blades at them.

MISFIRE!!

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Yo, LUIGI confirmed for new Smash!

About to SHORYUKEN some fools right after I get through chucking Metal Blades at them.

MISFIRE!!
Can't wait to see if he improves or gets nerfed. By the way I thought this thread was dope as **** lol not just playing Melee on the Wii U but the GC adapter to be able to be played on the Wii U I didnt want to use the classic controller as it felt a little weird to me when playing smash. http://smashboards.com/threads/mele...u-with-widescreen-also-no-lag-on-hdtv.339708/

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Mega Mewtwo would be cool to see but obviously not going to happen lol as a newer pokemon from the 6th Gen would make more sense. I'll probably be doing studio work late this Friday but if it doesn't happen im down for some smash.

melon_bread

Smash Rookie
Where is the usual Norman smash hub, might I ask?
for melee, it's been at my house lately. there are four melee players who live here. one of them is a gay furry. (it's Bryan)

you should add me on Facebook or something because most of us are kinda inactive around here.

btw: I'm actually dualcats. I use this alt on my phone at work.

Top Bottom