• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Republicans can blow me.
Agreed, well actually, all people can blow me. ANYWAYS...

Yawara's new haircut looks sexy. Thanks for the wii for now...I think I might get bored. Last night I was going through all the characters and all their moves...idk how much I'll continue to play that game :-/.

I really hope this saturday works out....I can't wait. I love you Pablo.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
OK is a red state.
i meant democratic as in the political system, equal self-representation
not Democrat as in the political party
ah i c. way to clarrify that now. so that infinite im working on. well my timing in general has improved ten fold just because of it. how can u hate these lil climbers with the fur coats???

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Republicans can blow me.

Especially the congresswoman y'all have that said gays are worse than terrorists and pushes for anti-evolution litigation in an attempt to make the world a better place.
Sally Kern? Yeah, she's a **** ****ing *****-hole ****bag who is full of **** and can go **** an *** with her ****.

Srsly.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I don't think I've ever heard of a more uncouth and belligerent person in modern American politics.

Sally Kern is basically Oklahoma's equivalent to Strom Thurmond or David Duke. Just a complete self-involved idiot who passes litigation based on what she believes to be based on a higher plane of rationality which basically means extreme forms of discrimination. Another words, she is a complete d-bag. NO idea why she's voted in at all.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Brett and I managed to watch a movie together today. Too bad it was depressing lol You hear stories from people, but sometimes you need to be re-reminded of what happened over again before it sticks with you . . .

And I honestly do believe there are, overall, more democrats in most states than let up. The problem is though that democrats include people like young voters who are unwilling to vote . . .

Hell, most people can't even tell you why PA is important right now.

Oh and just to blatantly throw my political alliance in people's faces: **** Hilary, go Obama.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
So what are these plans I'm hearing of?
Saturday sounds good, especially this saturday.
As for politics/religion I think evolution is awesome
And anyone who denies it needs a better reason for the evidence existing than
"It's just god/jesus testing your faith."

I also agree with bryan

Once you go Barack, you never go back.
These aren't your grandpa's puns
These are superpuns, powerpuns,
TURBOPUNS!!!!!!!!!!

lol
Barack actually has some good ideas and views on the problems we HAVE,
Not that I'm against a female prez, I just don't think Hillary should be the president

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Pfft, megaman 3 is for nubs.

X3 on the other hand is the game for men with so much pubic hair, they can basically knit a coat out of it.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so mariokart on the wii looks pretty intense....
in politics has everyone forgotten about mccain? im still votin for obama if he's selected as the Democratic rep. but it just seems everyone is acting like the pres. race is between hill and obam

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
McCain hasn't been a good candidate ever in his career which is why the public has refused give him the bid since, like 16 years ago?

Besides, the only two Republican candidates I'm sure anyone would have actually voted for are: Guiliani because he's not really Republican or Powell who's never running for president after what this administration did to him.

And McCain's not even a real Republican. Most conservatives hate his guts.

So that leaves the race down to the democrats. One has been categorized as a ***** since before she started running for president. I remember thinking she was cold-hearted during the Clinton administration, and she is, by far, the most polarizing figure in American politics at the moment. Obama however is the sole candidate that nobody really fears because he's the most hopeful, uplifting, and unifying candidate. Plus, he makes sense.

And Obama supports X3 so suck it Alex.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I grew up in my mother's womb BIZZYNATCH! Floating in fluids is fun sauce. Smash. Melee. SC. Other various fighters.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Tetris Attack is where its at, *****s...

BTW, the only way most of OK would go to AZ would be if I dragged them, and with my new position I'm in no position to drag anyone, not even myself...

So, FC is postponed indefinitely/canceled, so I don't know what I'll do as far as tourneys... Well there's Pablo's upcoming event, but beyond that, I don't know...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Tourney next saturday 5 dollar entry fee for all, round robin, let's just do that.

Anyone who doesn't show up is officially going to be known as a kcoc.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Tourney next saturday 5 dollar entry fee for all, round robin, let's just do that.

Anyone who doesn't show up is officially going to be known as a kcoc.
I'll be there...
Where is it?
Brett's?
Your dorm?
An alley in Norman?
A nosediving commercial airplane?
Your hidden dorm in Brett's new flying house that he pays rent by allowing people to use it as a commercial airline known as "Fun sauce flight!" but it happens to be diving to its doom due to a fatal weight capacity incident brought on by the high amount of obese people Brett's airline unknowingly sells to with promises of "fun sauce" also known as gravy and by sheer coincidence I happen to be flying on as all the other airlines' one-way flights to Antarctica were over $10, the very $10 which I had found earlier in an alley in Norman?

I didn't know how I'd string in the "alley in Norman" at first, but I think I pulled it off pretty nicely.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys, this Saturday (April 26th), Felgar building (practically across the street from the Union). We might start gaming pretty late in the day, like around 8pm. I'll have more later.

Edit: Like I mentioned earlier, I'm down for any Fighting Game tournament.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh man, Felgar building is where the College of Engineering is located.

I won't be able to make it, though, since that's prom night and I've got a hot date.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Is smash dying? People need to make sacrifices :p. I already miss everyone :(. At least I get to see Pablo, woohoo.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i'll play smash with you!
oh wait...
korea QQ
but after you're back we'll get hang-outage in. i'm sure korea will be badass. just found out although i'm not doing COL and going to scotland anymore, i can do an international politics program in stockholm >.>;
freaking amazing. junior year will be boss.

also, sars, apparently smashboards says you don't exist, so i was letting you know that jam stunna is taking a head count of people who still wanna be four swords. honestly, i'm not even going to sign up, because i won't be playing brawl competitively. Aegis, or rather team foots will still exist hardcore though.

gogo scuddlefish!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
If 4 swords does not exist, then I shall revert to my old crew >_>

LONDON FORCES!!!

And I say we all post up PRs excluding ourselves soon. Someone needs to make a thread. <_<

Here's my list:

1) Kos-Mos
2) Vegafuse
3) Zinth
4) Shade underscore
5) Scud
6) Gravity
7) Po Pimpus
8) HeathQ
9) Outlaw
10) Marc
11) Paemon
12) Babac

So yeah, i think there'll be disagreements past number one. I think Pablo is seriously second best now just because he's stopped sandbagging to actually play us <.< Trying Pablo + Mindgames + Technicality = number 2. :/

Byran's number three because he's always pretty solid and does well against everyone below him, but I don't think he's as solid of a player as Pablo is. If anything, I think Bryan plays really mechanical and smart, but that also means the opponent needs to be mechanical to defeat him as well . . .

As for Kuni, last time I played against him (which was long ago) he gave Chris, me, Andy, and Bryan trouble on the same TV. It just seems like he drops bad habits and plays smarter when he doesn't play for a long time in Melee. But he retains his fast fingers so it's still like playing against a super fluid and technical _____ player.

As for Brett, I think he should be number five cause he consistently wins and loses to people and that doesn't really change. He probably plays the smartest and most patient out of all of us (I consider Kuni camping to be aggressive . . .) and has one of the better pressure games in Oklahoma. The only reason why I don't put him higher is just because he plays Falco/Falcon and is too easy to be gimped :( It's not that he doesn't get around it, it's just the guys above him all play characters that gimp way too easily so i feel they can pull out those matchups easier.

Andy is probably the hardest one for me to rank. I don't really know when he's serious for some reason <_< But I think he's ranked at that spot more or less the same reason why Brett's number five. It's just not as threatening to play a Samus player even if the Samus player does nair combos across the screen into a SWD f-smash.

And I'd like to note that Pablo, Andy, Brett, Kuni, and Bryan are all virtually the same rank. Except maybe Pablo. But the other four are hard to differentiate against because each of them have really hot days and then sucky days. The differences that I see really don't rely so much on skill since they're so equally matched but more on their character's potentiality against each other. Bryan and Kuni would have the greatest advantages because they both play solid Marths. And Kuni's Fox and Sheik are just amazing fluid, same with his Samus. If Kuni really picks up on smart counterpicking, I think he'd be really hard to deal with.

Po's at number seven cause as much as he says he doesn't, he still does well enough against everyone to be ranked decently high. He's certainly better than the people below him I think and his Luigi's actually gotten difficult to fight against since San Antonio. It plays a lot smarter, combos much quicker, and has a solid pressure game. And you can't really gimp Po's Luigi as easily. You can still do it cause he's playing Luigi, but it's not before he racks up high damage. Plus he does well on Chris and I remember watching him beat Bryan's Marth with Luigi which to me is a WTF moment cause I don't think my Fox can beat Bryan's Marth at the moment.

And Heath, Outlaw, and Marc are all just solid players that I don't get a chance to play against. They all deserve to be top 10 though, IMO, and their positions are really just subjective. I put Heath that high cause I think he's really good, just never shows. Outlaw earned that position and is only getting better. Where as Mark, dude the hell? We only played like twice ever! And I've seen you like 5 times! We even TEAMED DUDE! Why no love??

And I decided to put an 11 and 12 cause they deserve to be mentioned. Paemon was the hardest for me to exclude and Babac jokes aside, I don't think he's that bad of a player. At the tourney before Christmas and at San Antonio, I actually saw Babac pull off some nice ****. And his Ganondorf actually gave me more of a scare than I thought it should. Since it's ganondorf. And that's the definition of combo bait.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. The National Video Game Association (NVGA) will be hosting the 1st annual NVGA Supercon May 22-25 2008 in Albuquerque, NM. This event will be a triple threat event with:

Trade Show Events
NVGA Championships
Anime Con

List of Games for event:

2D
______

Guilty Gear Accent Core
Stree Fighter 3: Third Strike
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Smash Bros. Brawl

3D
_______

Tekken: Dark Ressurection
Soul Calibur 3
Dead or Alive 4
Virtua Fighter 5

First Person Shooters

HALO 3 (4 v 4)
HALO 3 (2 v 2)
Call of Duty 4

Other
________

Eye of Judgment
Rock Band
Guitar Hero 3

This event is planning to be huge and we want everyone to be are part of it. Go here:

www.nvgasupercon.com

This will be the biggest Smash tournament ever so come out Smashers!!

Important Links:

http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/gamingchoices_events.php

Hotel Info:

COUNTRY INN AND SUITES ALBUQUERQUE NORTH
Rates
$55.00 STANDARD ROOM
$59.00 TWO-ROOM SUITES

Accomodations
SUITES WITH 2 TV’S / 2 PHONES
MICROWAVE / REFRIGERATOR
DELUXE HOT ITEM CONT. BRKFST.
FREE HI-SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET
BUSINESS CENTER / FREE USA TODAY
FITNESS ROOM / SWIMMING POOL
JUST 7 MILES FROM CONV. CTR.
ABOVE ARE NVGA SUPER CON RATES

Address
7620 Pan American Freeway
I-25 Frontage Road Exit 231 (San Antonio exit)

Reservation Number
(505) 823-1300

CALL NOW AND SAVE GUYS!!

Sponsors:

Top Bottom