• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
raaargh
i am having melee withdrawls

my game disk isnt reading!!!!
i am now stuck with brawl.......

anyways
beat it by michael jackson is going to be on gh4... lolwoot
CRAZEH TRAINZOR!! will be too :)
and ken is on survivor O_o
i guess if i just get real good at brawl and play it nonstop ill get on the show too.........

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Epic Po Post!

Okay, guys. (Welcome to all you new guys) I'm chiming in to say a few things, so listen up...
As you all know, I've been around a while and I've seen quite a bit in competitive smash.

I've witnessed epic tourney finishes, incredible underdogs overcoming, unbelievable comebacks, and various other WTF moments. I've witnessed and lived almost all of those except for one thing: I have never won a singles event EVER.

Yeah, lots of people have never won a tournament, but to be quite frank, lots of people aren't that good. Tons of people aren't even as good(or bad) as most of Oklahoma's Top Ten, and well, none of you are me:

Po Pimpus: The Pimpest Luigi, the Ninja God of Rock, the best, baddest, handsomest, downright baddest mofo of all time... Yeah, I said 'baddest' twice...

With that being said, I know that my tourney history is shaky at best, downright terrible at worst. However, I have never lost a match to anyone I considered to be a lesser skilled player than myself. My opponents have all earned their victories against me, for I have never just laid over and let them take a win.

"But Po, you play Luigi! You need to use(insert high-tier/so-called 'better' character here)!"

I don't think so, especially not in Brawl :lick: I think I've proven to lots of people, pro or not, that I can compete with my character, that when I am on, I am absolutely deadly with my character of choice. Just ask any of the pros who have played me, or the legions of tier noobs who've had their Space Animals zero-to-death comboed before they could get a shine off.

Oklahoma is growing, and getting a vast injection of skill... However, KOS-MOS/Hanson/Maxx Power/whoever-else-has-won-an-OK-Tourney are not the be-all, end-all to our skill. It is time for me to show everybody that beyond my bravado, past my joking and jobbing beats the heart of a real champion.

Wether it be Melee or Brawl, I intend on proving just how good I am. The time for 'Oh well, there's always next time' or 'Well you got the best of me' and 'If I had just done X instead of Y' are over. NO EXCUSES. I must win. I WILL WIN. Wether it happens next week or in two months, Po Pimpus will win a tournament soon.

Let me reiterate:

PO PIMPUS WILL WIN A TOURNAMENT SOON, EVEN IF I HAVE TO GO THROUGH KEN, M2K, AZEN, OR JESUS CHRIST THE SAVIOR HIMSELF, I WILL WIN.

I. WILL. WIN.

Smores

Smash Rookie
Whats up Po? Remember me from the MGC tourneys?

About the HxC thing, $15... I probably won't be making it to that (I'm currently broke). But on a happier note, I think my girlfriend will drive to Stillwater! She said we could go if we went to the tourney then spend the next day just hang out in Stillwater. She isn't %100 sure if she wants to drive an hour and a half tho. So I still don't know for sure.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
Woah Po Pimpus your on fire you made me change my main back to shiek because of what you said I am still new to competitive smash and a person I met on another site told me to use a "top tier or high tier" character if I wanted to win so since im a noob at competitive smash I just took the advice I was winning the matches and I was happy at first but after that it got boring I remember when everytime I used shiek I had a thrill with her like I did in melee so thanks Po Pimpus.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Good news!

Hopefully nobody planned ahead already. but i recently learned the lan tourney is 150+pot. So if you feel lucky (i don't after todays thrashing), try your luck. Chris i am still willing to pay for your entry fee, but i will be expecting it back when you win the tournament :laugh:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
<.< 15 dollars though.

150+ pot is big news though, that means there's a real reason to show up and also guarantees competitiveness.

But 15 dollars is also the cost of a textbook I don't have yet . . .

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
More like a story book our teacher will make me read 6 pages of and then "lol don't need it no more"

Gravity

Smash Ace
its about time chris won a tourny, i havent seen any new really expensive jackets in a while.

but 150+ pot is offset by the 2 dollar parking, and the fact that im guarenteed to make like 60 bucks at work that day

Gravity

Smash Ace
disregard this post, computer messed up. . .

-edit- this is still an accidental double post, but im going to take advantage of this tragic accident, and post the rules of smash as interpreted by babac.

Now, a few of these rules are outdated, but with all these new people on the scene they have to know about some of our inside jokes.

so without furhter ado, one of coolest posts by one of the coolests smashers, ever:

RastaImp0sta said:
Everybody thats posts in this thread is Oklahoman, with the occasional out of state comments.

Welcome. Lets get you started off here, Ill explain the basics.
1.Dont play Peach, if you notice, her name also spells Cheap, so dont play her
2. Im Rasta, Im awesome, dont forget it
3. Kosmos is the "best" in the state, but now since hes not gay anymore, he will be easy to beat
4. Vegafuse sandbags all the time, so dont feel good about beating him EVER
5. Zinth is also known as the Frankensmasher
6. Shade is the most sheltered person here, so dont let him know when he says something funny or when somebody else says something and he doesnt get it *hahahaha*
7. Gravity Sucks
8. So does Pay$
9. Po Pimpus has the pimpus luigi in all the land
10. Marc AKA Fresh is the mean looking black guy in OK
11. Never go FD against Shade (or Bluejay aka Dart) when he is playing fox or falco
12. RisingKen is also known as the Magic Man
13. My controller's name is Excalibur and only I shall weild him
15. Smashfest are mostly at my house, Im black, so dont be alarmed when you knock on the door
16. Gummi bears are the state wide Smash food
17. Gay people are trying to change it to Gummi Worms
18. Bring your own controller no matter what smash event youre at
19. Dokkoise changes his name just as much as Shade does
20. Scud thinks "School" is more important than smash, we have almost exiled him because of that
21. There is no 14
22. You just checked
23. Shanx doesnt play smash, but still keeps up with the rest of us
24. Jeff doesnt play smash, but hes asian, so his skill doesnt decline when doesnt play for long periods of time
25. Zinth wants a blood transfusion with an asian
26. King GT is not a king, and GT means nothing, just 2 random letters, he is also known as BJ
27. Shanx is known as BS
28. Ever smashfest is also a saucesagefest...unfortunately
29. OKlahoma Cith, Edmond, and Norman is where most smashers reside
30. Games, Controllers, and Cubes are likely to get switched, so remember which one is yours
31. Ignore my older brother, hes an *** hole *****ing sensors*
32. You will probably never see: Heathq, the pauls valley kids, or Derrick
33. Marc will make it to every smashfest ever....makes you wonder if he has a job
34. FFXII IS NOT A MOVIE, SCREW YOU MARC
35. TGM stands for The "Great" Marth, even though hes not good
36. I have dreads, so therefore I win
37. We have famous smashers here
Gravity is the guy from sonic, the BreakFEST commercial
Vegafuse is the bassest from Alient Ant Farm
South Paw is the guy from: The New Guy, The Core, and Road Trip
38. I have more reptiles than fingers (a thumb isnt a finger *******es, a thumb doesnt "fing")
39. You must really like smash if youve read all of this
40. STD stands for Smash Til Dawn, literally, nonstop smash till dawn
41. Theres always one guy that wants to play something other smash at a smashfest *cough* MaliceChaos*cough*
42. We have Ken and Isai in Oklahoma
43. Wut? is annoying, get used to it
44. Shade's mom doesnt like black people
45. There is always somebody in OK that is up for smash 24/7
46. Youre still reading this, Heyzues Christo
47. Smashfests last from the early afternoon to late at night, this isnt no pansy 1 hour of smash, its ALL DAY BABY
48. Lcanceling, Wavedashing, ect is all for show, its really useless
49. Roy is top tier, he has the fire
50. Falco is the most play character in OK
51. Marth is gay, he has what I call an "invisi-tip"
52. Zinth will complain about 2 things at smashfests: Not being asian and not having a girlfriend
53.Im awesome, thats just fact
54. Bring money and/or food to a smashfest, youll need it, trust me
55. Almost every smasher has a gameboy DS...rich *****es

Yah man, so thats basically all you need to know!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
disregard this post, computer messed up. . .

-edit- this is still an accidental double post, but im going to take advantage of this tragic accident, and post the rules of smash as interpreted by babac.

Now, a few of these rules are outdated, but with all these new people on the scene they have to know about some of our inside jokes.

so without furhter ado, one of coolest posts by one of the coolests smashers, ever:
I stopped reading at 14.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
What the hell is Texas doing here lol

You going to Event 52 btw dude? If not, come up for barwl soon cause we're actually hosting a tourney here <_<

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I stopped reading at 14.
Yeah, I didn't make it very far either. A giant list that pertains to inside jokes transcribed back in the days of the Old Dynasty make me sad. =(

I JUST DON'T GET IT

Speaking of which, the first post of this thread needs a serious makeover. So...any of you guys got balls big enough to ask Babac to turn over moderator rights of this thread to one of us? =)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Speaking of large 'nads, who let's start the thread for the power rankings soon. Or aim about it. Or something.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Speaking of large 'nads, who let's start the thread for the power rankings soon. Or aim about it. Or something.
Well, the Brawl rankings are already up here in the Southwest Power Rankings compendium. It is, of course preliminary, and Oklahoma would probably benefit from holding future discussions of both Melee in Brawl in a separate thread. I'll brainstorm on it and see if I can't get something up here in the next couple of days.

Re: Sarah Palin, I'd be more fed up and disgusted with this announcement if it didn't reek with so much genius - or, at the very least, underhanded cunning. This move is 100% pure political positioning and power play - the choice to have a moderately hot, virtually inscrutable female unknown out of ****ing Alaska become the youthful face of a stagnant, outdated conservative regime would actually be quite brilliant if it wasn't so obvious. Still, the stratagem can eventually pan out in their favor; Republicans can demonstrate at least a basic embrace of diversity in terms of gender, and depending on what kind of spin they put on Palin, they can potentially pick up all the (female) Hillary supporters that are still burned and disenfranchised over her stinging defeat.

This is going to be a long road to November.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Well, the Brawl rankings are already up here in the Southwest Power Rankings compendium. It is, of course, preliminary, and Oklahoma would probably benefit from holding future discussions of both Melee in Brawl in a separate thread. I'll brainstorm on it and see if I can't get something up here in the next couple of days.

Re: Sarah Palin, I'd be more fed up and disgusted with this announcement if it didn't reek with so much genius - or, at the very least, underhanded cunning. This move is 100% pure political positioning and power play - the choice to have a moderately hot, virtually inscrutable female unknown out of ****ing Alaska become the youthful face of a stagnant, outdated conservative regime would actually be quite brilliant if it wasn't so obvious. Still, the stratagem can eventually pan out in their favor; Republicans can demonstrate at least a basic embrace of diversity in terms of gender, and depending on what kind of spin they put on Palin, they can potentially pick up all the (female) Hillary supporters that are still burned and disenfranchised over her stinging defeat.

This is going to be a long road to November.

EDIT: Ignore this post. ****in' SWF servers.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I hate washing clothes, its soo bad and last night was soo embarrassing...So me and my friend went to wash clothes at the OU laundry thing near walker and I've never edone this before so he was helping me out. So he first told me to seperate my white from colored clothes, so I did. And then i forgot the detergent so I went back to go and get it. Then when I come back I put my clothes in two seperate laundry things and then i put it on normal and wash. ............there were two girls in there with us and when they left for a bit my washing machine (color clothes one) started making thumping sounds, Like really big annoying ones, and i thought it was normal,............but then it continued, and got louder and louder , then the machine started shaking violently while the door looked like it was about to pop open. there were 3 minutes left of wash and me and my friend were trying to hold the door shut before time was up, something started to scratch against the plastic window of the machine in my clothes and it started sparking.........then............after it was all over.......the machine had moved itself about 2 inches infront of all the other aligned machines and it was too heavy for me and my friend to move it back. And the plastic window has long scratch marks on it and then the girls came back, and they were on the other side but i saw my white clothes machine had completely suded up, and was all foamy and i couldn't find my clothes, so i had to wash them again but as soon as i opened the door all the foam came up, (luckly everyone was not looking and on the other side, so I quickly moved my clothes to another machine and shut the door and stepped on all the suds on the floor till they disappeared then i went out side to shake all of the suds off my hands and then wiped it off and came back in to find mud foot prints where i steped on the floor to hide the suds............All in all I hate washing clothes from now on and i can't get the machine to go back in place. I hope they didn't see it on tape from the security camera....

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
wall...of...text...burns

but yeah, welcome to college life. no breakfasts in bed, i guess.

if there are going to be new power ranking lists going up, let's just get all the panelists for both games into an AIM chatroom (i know for god**** certain that everyone that was mentioned for the panel uses AIM) and come up with the guidelines, etc, and try to meet with our lists sometime after that...? lemme know what you think.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well, max i am going to take ownership of my story so no! sorry though. maybe you can have one of my other stories.

honestly I don't know, i never call myself. Let me see. 4053971082. I'm out of minutes right now so until next month i wont be able to call or recieve anything. I'm too poor to afford a cell phone plan so yeah. but in all honesty I check my email all the time in all parts of the day so if you ever want to get in touch just send a message to "shade_zr@hotmail.com"

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, I want to add to Hanson's post, but I'm too lazy to type something new. I will now post a portion of a facebook message I"m having then.

Background: Me don't like Palin, think Biden is a dumb choice, here we go.

I'm not sure dude, from what I've read of all this, I don't think this choice will be good for him.

The contrast in ages, for one thing, is insane.

Secondly, the McCain campaign has always hammered Obama on one thing: Experience. Hence Biden and using him as a tool to fight against McCain.

How can their best attack strategy work now? Really, remember how we said earlier before the primaries McCain shouldn't run since he might croak? Well . . .

The best move for him was to choose a conservative leader of some other state that's been in Washington for a long time. Not only is Palin a governor for 2 years, she's a governor of Alaska. The argument that she's not in touch with the going-ons of average Americans and therefore can't handle these issues is such an easy point for the Dems to use now.

Not only that, but I'm expecting to see some attacks form the Obama campaign about how real this pick is. McCain was hammered before as two things: a racist and a sexist.

A racist cause of the whole MLK day thing (but let's face it, he won't get the black vote). And a sexist cause of the comments he made about Chelsea (yeah . . . Chelsea) Clinton, Janet Reno, and apparently voting against some women's rights bill.

So now the Democrats have three things at their disposal. The first is McCain can't use his best attack versus Obama--experience. The second is if something happens to McCain, a dude that's gone through 2 bouts of cancer, and had his 73rd birthday yesterday(?) can she effectively lead the country with no national experience (and no party recognition as well). And three, will people actually think this vote wasn't one purely based on the fact that Palin is an attractive female. Why not choose Republican female senators people have actually heard of? Kay Hutchinson maybe?

Also, Ted Stevens endorsed Palin just now LOL

IMO, btw, both VP picks were terrible. But looking at it right now, the Democrats' lineup is looking like it'll trash McCain's.

McCain has himself, Palin (who also said she's the same as John McCain and then went on to say she's also a maverick, get to that later), Romney, Giuliani, and like Jindal?

Compared to the Clintons and Gore alone, that line up seems a bit weak.

Also, the focus of these elections are change. Obama's been all about change, John McCain claims to be the Washington maverick yet voted with Bush 90% of the time and the same goes with Palin who's a staunch conservative who just said she'd vote the same with McCain does.

I don't get how this platform of being the original maverick is going to turn out well for the Republican party. And I'm also listening to the Obama DNC speech right now, and he said a line like, if you want change, will you bank on it when you know the other candidate has a 10% chance of doing so?

Also, Palin is in the middle of a federal investigation. <_< What?!?

I'll like go back and post more if people wanna talk politics.

Also, I had the exact same post hanson had before, so I didn't want to post that part cause it's the exact same thing.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Does anyone here have vids up, also, does anyone have a good way to record available? (like a gamebridge)

I would like to record some matches but I don't have any way to.
Here are some of my matches on YouTube.

And I fave a Dazzle Capture Card, which is what I used to record these. With this three day weekend, it would be cool to come up to Norman or wherever and Smash with you guys.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
How to get better at brawl?

Right now I have nintendo wi-fi and I heard that it sucks because of lag and all so is there another way to get better?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
dude, just hang with us. We'll lead you through the nasty bits, and you'll get amazing in like a month.

Smores

Smash Rookie
The RastaImp0sta list and the laundry story were funny, I thought at the end of the laundry story you were gonna be like "then I looked in the washing machine and saw my DS".

Good videos Auddy, if anyone is playing this weekend tell me and I'll try and make it.

Top Bottom