• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
What? Where was this? How did you all find out about it? Why wasn't I informed? T_T
You guys need to check OKGamers more often... It IS supposed to be the central hub for gaming in OK... If we're going to bolster our ranks, then we really need to reach out to guys like Saif and the Tulsa peeps, as well as the Stillwater community by visiting/advertising on sites beyond Smashboards...

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol, people usually post OKGamers Smash tournaments on here, though. I don't check it regularly just because I'm used to them never having anything Smash-related in OKC. I do suppose that has changed, though...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, Bryan, that's cool, I understand. You also missed out on some hilariously bad commentary from yours truly... I think I was louder than the Halo kids...

The tournament itself was pretty small, but like I said just meeting and playing new faces and learning new stuff (like how much I hate girls who use Pikachu) was fun.

They also had HOT POCKETS!! Those should definitely become the second official food of OK Smash...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
whats the first?
Rookies... ;)

The official food of OK Smash (that should be had at ALL OK Smashfests) is of course, Gummy Bears! It's not a Smashfest without Gummy Bears! If you read the 'OFFISHAL RULEZ' you would already know that :)

So, Stillwater. Next Week. Po is going. First Place. LOCKED.

Then Hanson's Tourney and KANSAS BABY!! OK ROAD TRIP!!!

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
yeah i didnt really bother reading that list. you've got to be kidding. i'm not too big on gummy bears, but thats okay. all i gotta say is that there is no meat in gummy bears...like at all.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Rookies... ;)

The official food of OK Smash (that should be had at ALL OK Smashfests) is of course, Gummy Bears! It's not a Smashfest without Gummy Bears! If you read the 'OFFISHAL RULEZ' you would already know that :)

So, Stillwater. Next Week. Po is going. First Place. LOCKED.

Then Hanson's Tourney and KANSAS BABY!! OK ROAD TRIP!!!
Po, I thought you were going to HxC, not fragfest...
wut? was all excited
lol
So I'll try to make it to StillWater, but idk if I have to work yet.
I need some more details on Hansons tourney so I can request off work.
And you really should go over those rules, they're sacred to this threads origins.
Josh won both tourneys huh? I alsmost beat him in the winners bracket.
If I just wouldn't have tried to edgeguard his Ivysaur then I woulda taken it to OT in the final round.

Why do I even bother with this post, it's probably the last one on the page and as such, no one will read it...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Po, I thought you were going to HxC, not fragfest...
wut? was all excited
lol
So I'll try to make it to StillWater, but idk if I have to work yet.
I need some more details on Hansons tourney so I can request off work.
And you really should go over those rules, they're sacred to this threads origins.
Josh won both tourneys huh? I alsmost beat him in the winners bracket.
If I just wouldn't have tried to edgeguard his Ivysaur then I woulda taken it to OT in the final round.

Why do I even bother with this post, it's probably the last one on the page and as such, no one will read it...
I read it.

Yeah, I really was going to go to HxC, but work got in the way... Fragfest just kinda came up at the last minute, so I went and ballyhooed my way through.

Hanson will most certainly post the details on his event, but it isn't for another few weeks, so just stay tuned. Tell wut? to just keep playing, and eventually he will find me...

Smores

Smash Rookie
Hey Po, do you use Luigi's first two jabs to combo into his up-B? I just picked up using him as a secondary and was wondering if you jab>jab>move forward a little>up-B or get really close>jab>jab>up-B. I haven't got it down yet so I just want to practice the most reliable way.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Typically, I will use jab>jab>move forward, but only once or twice a match... Most really experienced players will read it, and either shield the up-b, or otherwise counter it. My favorite, albeit unreliable is down-tilt>up-b, which works at higher percents, but is totally impossible to land if they DI it right.

I'm experimenting with a few more ways to bust an up-b on an unsuspecting chump, er opponent, but nothings been perfected yet, although spot-dodge>up-b is a perennial favorite of mine...

Smores

Smash Rookie
Are you playing tomorrow? I want to play your Luigi so I can see some ways to use him. So far I just land random hits most of the time but every once in a while I D-throw>nair>fair>ftilt. I know Luigi has huge ariel potential I just have trouble getting it started. But all those matches were against a toon link so I had to deal with a sword in my face the whole time.

Gravity

Smash Ace
so who all is going to the kansas tourny here? thats in october right?

anyway, i found this thread http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190679 of a melee tourny in az in like 3 weeks. . .

we could go to that, get practice for the ks tourny, and have more awesome melee road trips.

just throwing that out there.

that is assuming they get more people and/or big names however. dont want to drive forever for a 20 man tourny.

Shade_

Smash Ace
So far my pit training is going ok, i've figured out if I keep hitting with them and they have over 300 damage, its possible to kill them with just aiming your arrows right after that.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I have two tests on that monday, so I'm not too sure what I can do about that. But I really do want to go. Can't do Arizona though. No cash.

Also, I wish I didn't read the last post.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
chris and blonde guy are stopping by today. for some SnS i could probably pick you up too. ill buy the food. i jsut want the discount haha. although back in my day at sns you coudl only get it if you were working? or did they change that?

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
All right kids, here's the plan. In lieu of the pending Labor Day holiday, I want to have all you guys over for Smash-fests for the next couple of nights. If you guys can't make it tonight (Sunday), don't worry about it; just join us for some possible barbecuing tomorrow and be ready to play then. For everyone else coming from the OKC/Edmond metro, bring whatever setups you might have along with a pillow or something just in case you plan on crashing tonight. People can start coming over whenever they're ready to play today, so I'll probably just have people trickling in over the next several hours.

If there are people who would like to attend from the OKC/Edmond area but don't have rides, make light of your dilemma on the boards here and post your cell phone number so we can arrange a one-trip, six-birds-with-one-stone carpooling arrangement and call it a day. I plan on having the biggest Smash-fest the state's ever seen, and it'll probably stay the biggest for awhile since this is our last opportunity to play and practice with wild abandon before school and work really starts to seep in for everyone.

EDIT: If enough people attend, we'll also be holding a small Brawl and Melee tournament to simulate the pressure of play in a professional environment. Make sure to bring a few bucks for food and the $1-2 entry fee. =)

EDIT #2: Kuni, respond to this immediately!

Get on it, kids!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Hell yes you're invited.

OK smash is a wonderful community of the friendliest dudes in town. And bring whoever, let's just hope there's actually going to be room though lol

If not, some of y'all can sleep in my apartment I guess <_< Andy.

Also, there's no excuse really for flaking out this time. And Smores, hit me up at 504-231-6099 for directions. You better try to get Hanson (le-thien's) number though since he actually knows how to get there lol

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Am I invited? If so will you pm your address or directions. If I am in invited may I bring my friend?
Um, this Smash fest is for big boys ONLY.

Jay kay. Of course you're invited! This is an open forum, after all. And bringing anyone and everyone you know who might be interested is highly encouraged.

We really gotta get moderator rights from Babac so I can put this stuff on the front page (bi-weekly tournaments, cell phone #'s, directions, etc.). Or, someone needs to make friends with him again. =)

Anyway, my contact info is:

2900 Oak Tree Ave. #4303
Norman, OK 73072
(214) 929-4497

Make sure you make the proper arrangements if you plan on staying the night to Smash/barbecue/play in the small tourney tomorrow.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Bryan is home, michael is to, and i have no car. I know this is being inconsiderate but youd have to give me a ride if i came. Also I want to work on my 3d models for a few hours today since its rare i have free time, so i'd probably be able to come after 7 if thats cool.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Bryan is home, michael is to, and i have no car. I know this is being inconsiderate but youd have to give me a ride if i came. Also I want to work on my 3d models for a few hours today since its rare i have free time, so i'd probably be able to come after 7 if thats cool.
i could probably do that, i think ill get done playing music/doing hoemwork by than.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, I wanted to do some homework to since I don't know Japanese . . .

I think I'll just do it later with Kuni lol

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hmmm, ok here is the plan. ..... i'm actually going to eat at the cate cafeteria at 7, at like 7 30 if you guys want me to come over that would be a good time to pick me up if you guys dont want to thats fine I'll just go back to my dorm at like 7 40.

And yowara yeah just bring your homework i'll help you for free as long as you need. I actually like teaching things i know how to do lol.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
well, im gonna head down there after work, if you want a ride then bryan i can give you one.
Well, if you're talking about today, I've still got to finish reading this book for history, as well as do some other things. If you're talking about tomorrow, I'll probably already be down there by then.

i'll help you for free
Lol.

So, Hanson and Tom, I'm guessing Josh took you guys out with Meta Knight? Both of you were able to beat his Pokemon Trainer last I saw.

Top Bottom