• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Lionheart9999

Smash Rookie
Still, Josh does NOT think he's the best in the world, he's pretty dang modest. He only chooses Metaknight because he takes a bit less effort to win with, and Meta covers almost all of the Pokemon Trainer's weaknesses and counterpicks. If the chooses PT, he still beats Chris or Hanson the majority of the matches, but PT takes ALOT more effort to win with. And we all know that Josh's PT is dominant against all of us.

Shade_

Smash Ace
He only chooses Metaknight because he takes a "bit" less effort to win with.
Mhmmm......

I heard hanson beat josh's pt at the tourny with marth, and marth isn't even his main.

Metaknight covers EVERYONE'S weakness, end of story. I'm gona be cocky and say that I disagree that his pt dominates ALL of us, I challenge joshes pokemon trainer to 5 doller money match with my wolf, 1 round no 2/3 stuff, we each get one shot at each other and thats that. If he beats me with more than 1 stock, I'll acknowledge him as totally dominating me. if its just one stock i'll just acknowledge he is better than me and that I am a noob.

Hanson we must play more smash.

Lionheart9999

Smash Rookie
Mhmmm......

I "heard" hanson beat josh's pt at the tourny with marth, and marth isn't even his main.

Metaknight covers EVERYONE'S weakness, end of story.
Yeah, in bold. I can be a **** too.

Compare that to the ratio that Josh's PT beat Hanson the same way. Probably Hanson just beat him once out of 10 times maybe, and it happened to be with, oh? Marth? What a surprise!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
CONGRATULATIONS OKLAHOMA! THIS IS WHAT WE ASKED FOR!

This is the rivalry that's supposed to be happening right now.

Stillwater/Tulsa/Ares people don't like to live in vs Everyone that's awesome.

Go ahead and praise Josh all you want, but he's going to be taken down quickly and hard by us. I'm going to say this right now. Josh is less skilled than Hanson, Tom, Kuni, and Chris. Next tourney, the results will be evident.

And Kuni's right, Hanson doesn't even main Marth. He was even considering dropping him. And I'm willing to bet that Josh will struggle versus Hanson's Marth next time, and if Chris does pick up MK, I bet he'll get better than Josh in like a weekend of playing. Tom will just straight beast with balls kicks and forward smashes. As for Kuni, the kid's got a bigger grab bag of surprises than you think.

And don't forget the rest of us too. I'm confident enough to say that Andy and I will place top ten along with Po, Marc Madness, Pablo (the sleeper and our ace) , basically anyone and everyone who decides to play next time we meet. That's a guarantee of 9 people from Norman in the top 10, and yes I'm serious. We are that good.

There will be hell to pay next time we meet. *insert your own god**** music here*

[edit]

I also want to call BS on any notion that Josh is either modest or self-depreciating. Wasn't he the one who first said that Chris wasn't that good? I think so.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
. If the chooses PT, he still beats Chris or Hanson the majority of the matches, but PT takes ALOT more effort to win with. And we all know that Josh's PT is dominant against all of us.
LMAO Josh dominate me with PT? He wont even play PT against my Peach and to this day I still don't understand why. He went PT against me once and that was at fragfest against my Marth and I admit that I was a bit unprepared for what I was going up against. Once that match was over I went Peach and he went metaknight...

I also admit that he's been beating me consistently in tourny...with metaknight.

**** that. Next time I see Josh 10$ Metaknight ditto best 3/5.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Y'all are in **** now. Better for Josh to talk **** than to have a bunch of kids who don't know what's going on to do it.

This is going to be embarrassing to watch.

Lionheart9999

Smash Rookie
I'm not really "praising" him (or so I thought) , I'm just defending him out of spite that some people in here are being total buttholes.

and yeah, kosmos, I know I over reached that conclusion, I guess, but we'll just have to wait and see next time.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Trash Talk, son!

AWWWW ****!!!

Y'all can't start trash talking without me! I loooove E-Drama!

"Yeah, son, that Josh cat is lucky he hasn't met the Pimpest in tournament, I'll misfire all over his face, yo!" :)

See! I can do it too!!

Seriously, though, I really think we should all calm down, and step our games up. I've been experimenting with the Masked Moron Metaknight (alliteration FTW!) and I find that my win % goes up quite a bit when I play as him. However, it is not an auto-win, I still have to work (albeit less than I do with Weege) for my victories.

Enough of Metaknight. Now this thread is about ME and how I will dominate the Brawl scene in Oklahoma. Right now, the best breaks down to me as a three-way tie between Chris, Josh, and Hanson, but soon, those guys will be looking up to the Greatest Of All Time, the Legendary Po Pimpus...

Peach? Easy. Diddy Kong? Bananas, LOL. Metaknight? I'm sorry, who?

That's right, you noobs better start cowering in fear because I'm going to show you how a true champion operates.

As for the rest of youse mugs: Kuni? Lasers? PFFT. Yawara? Who do you even play? Andy? ROB sucks? Hanson's roomates? What? Go play Settlers, a game you can actually WIN at? Pablo? Keep sandbagging. Marc MADNESS? The only MAD part is thinking you can beat ME.

Now that's how you talk trash, kids... Stick with me and Texas won't stand a chance... I mean they can't even deal with Metaknight, how on earth do they think they can handle the MISFIRE?

So, like, we need to smash NOW because I feel really hot-blooded and hungry for victory. Nice to see that we've got some in-state rivalry cooking, it should keep us in shape for the battles to come.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Screw calming down. This is like some OU vs OSU **** son. The only way OK smash gets better is through something like this. Cross state rivalries, and the area's large enough so it can happen. If Josh thinks he can beat Chris, I'll gladly stand in the background and laugh. He'll get owned.

And I don't need to stick to people, but if you forced my hand, I'll have to take you with Wario. The fatass is a monster, and I'll be glad to bring out my Snake or anyone else I randomly select that day. It won't matter cause I'll just straight beast.

Josh + friends = going down.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Compare that to the ratio that Josh's PT beat Hanson the same way. Probably Hanson just beat him once out of 10 times maybe, and it happened to be with, oh? Marth? What a surprise!
I really don't know why you're dogging on me since I've given everyone the rightful recognition they deserve. I even defended both yours and Josh's placement on the first draft of the OK Power Rankings, and I would have placed Josh higher than me if I had known he was doing so exceptionally in the Tulsa area. I've already conceded that Josh is currently better than me two weeks ago, and you're not making a very strong or compelling case dangling this over my head, other than the fact that you're p*ssing me off.

It's wonderful that Josh has so many true friends and avid supporters in his cause to be a respected player not just in the state, but in the nation (I seriously believe he has the best PT in the country), but lately I can't help but notice that you keep on coming onto this thread to contribute nothing else but meager attempts to live vicariously through Josh's victories over Chris and me. Josh is a phenomenal talent, but he's just one player at the end of the day; pound for pound and player for player, the OKC/Norman metro area has the best players in the entire f*cking state.

If you really want to push this rivalry in that direction, then fine: we will f*ck your sh*t up.

LOL. But I digress.

I haven't done anything else in this thread other than try to diffuse the situation, but I guess we can tear each other up for the next two months, but I hope you guys will be ready to piece the community back together in late November when we do crew battles against Texas at OH SNAP! v4. =)

Regardless of what everyone thinks, I will be needing everyone for this: KOS, Max, Sars, Shade, Po, Zinth, Gravity, Marc Madness, Vegafuse, Chuck, LionHeart and PhLo. Seriously, Oklahoma's brimming with way too much talent for us not to eventually take on our real rivals down South.

This is like the f*cking Democratic primaries all over again...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why was Texas brought into this LOL?

*Ahem*

My MK is better then this MK player you people are losing to, and I picked up MK two days ago. Step it up OK.

/trashtalk

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman

*Ahem*

My MK is better then this MK player you people are losing to, and I picked up MK two days ago. Step it up OK.

/trashtalk
ROFL Hylian! <3

So yeah... if that event is on the 4th of October then I think I can make it to HOBO11

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Because this is how I ultimately plan on putting Oklahoma in the competitive scene's national spotlight: by knocking off our closest neighbors who also happen to some of the best players in the country. =)

I'm money-matching M2K for $421, and I will probably give him an 8-stock beating in a 3-stock time constraint.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ROFL Hylian! <3

So yeah... if that event is on the 4th of October then I think I can make it to HOBO11
Awesome <3. We should MM, so I can get you back from our melee MM :).

Because this is how I ultimately plan on putting Oklahoma in the competitive scene's national spotlight: by knocking off our closest neighbors who also happen to some of the best players in the country. =)

I'm money-matching M2K for $421, and I will probably give him an 8-stock beating in a 3-stock time constraint.
Good luck with that Hanson lmao.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It's emphatically proven that TX sucks. I'm willing to put aside my differences with everyone else just to bash Houston.

<3 Austin though. Austin's great.

spades

Smash Cadet
Regardless of what everyone thinks, I will be needing everyone for this: KOS, Max, Sars, Shade, Po, Zinth, Gravity, Marc Madness, Vegafuse, Chuck, LionHeart and PhLo. Seriously, Oklahoma's brimming with way too much talent for us not to eventually take on our real rivals down South.
I much prefer oos rivalry vs in-state. Maybe that's just me?

I thoroughly anticipate us going to this next tx tourney with a team mindset and looking to the greater goal of destroying tx and anyone else's face. I'm hoping that none of the banter that goes on here on the boards transcends hatefully irl.

For real though, enjoy seeing all of you at tournies because i know that soon enough we'll be melting face oos instead of each others.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's emphatically proven that TX sucks. I'm willing to put aside my differences with everyone else just to bash Houston.

<3 Austin though. Austin's great.
Austin is amazing :). Why would anyone want to live in Houston?!? :).

I should probably note to all the idiots out there that I'm kidding, and that I'm going to get *****. =)
No, I'm making sure you MM M2K for $421 now.

Also, OK didn't do so hot last time you guys came. Give us a challenge this time please?

<3 :).

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Not hot? If by not hot you mean we didn't place, then yeah. I would also like to defect and say I was part of LA right now. <_< Therefore, I did place well cause of Lee and Cyphus.

But seriously, next time y'all hold anything big, as in melee/brawl big, we're guaranteed to take a share at the pot or at least pull out some big upsets. Only reason why we lost is cause TX just pew pew'd with lasers all day, so I'll just make sure I pick up a good ness.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
No, I'm making sure you MM M2K for $421 now.
Okay, you do that. In the meantime, I'll make sure I let everyone know how you chickened out of a $60 Money Match against Sandtrap, one of the best Meta Knights in the long lineage of distinguished Meta Knights this past weekend at HOBO 10.

=)

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
So I'm thinking about making ZSS my secondary >_>.

EDIT: Yeah Hylian I apologize for upsetting a lot of people in Texas for my performance, but we all have bad days and sadly, that was mine. ****ing panic attacks ftl :(. I will try my absolute best this time though.:)

I will win this tourny... M2K will lose...

No controller johns when I win <3.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Okay, you do that. In the meantime, I'll make sure I let everyone know how you chickened out of a $60 Money Match against Sandtrap, one of the best Meta Knights in the long lineage of distinguished Meta Knights this past weekend at HOBO 10.

=)
Careful! Some people can`t detect sarcasm :D.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Before I Forget

PhLo: Thank you for taking to time to upload those tournament videos. I don't know much about video formatting, but I know for a fact that encoding and uploading takes a great deal of time. Let's hope you get around to getting some matches of me up that I can actually show to people now. =)

Careful! Some people can`t detect sarcasm :D.
I also love imagining you agonizing and writhing in misery over having to punch in one-liner forum responses with your Wiimote. O N E S T U P I D L E T T E R A T A T I M E .

Lionheart9999

Smash Rookie
I really don't know why you're dogging on me since I've given everyone the rightful recognition they deserve. I even defended both yours and Josh's placement on the first draft of the OK Power Rankings, and I would have placed Josh higher than me if I had known he was doing so exceptionally in the Tulsa area. I've already conceded that Josh is currently better than me two weeks ago, and you're not making a very strong or compelling case dangling this over my head, other than the fact that you're p*ssing me off.

It's wonderful that Josh has so many true friends and avid supporters in his cause to be a respected player not just in the state, but in the nation (I seriously believe he has the best PT in the country), but lately I can't help but notice that you keep on coming onto this thread to contribute nothing else but meager attempts to live vicariously through Josh's victories over Chris and me. Josh is a phenomenal talent, but he's just one player at the end of the day; pound for pound and player for player, the OKC/Norman metro area has the best players in the entire f*cking state.

If you really want to push this rivalry in that direction, then fine: we will f*ck your sh*t up...
Sorry...but Shade, disrespecting Josh, my friend, is just PISSING ME OFF. Didn't mean to say it the way I did which isn't even true, but I was trying to prove a point. This immense amount of dissing on this board about Josh is making me tick.

spades

Smash Cadet
PhLo: Thank you for taking to time to upload those tournament videos. I don't know much about video formatting, but I know for a fact that encoding and uploading takes a great deal of time. Let's hope you get around to getting some matches of me up that I can actually show to people now. =)
Yeah, it's a bit tedious, but it's getting there.

I'm still working on TV1's matches at the moment (there were 4 recording tv's total). It'll all be on there, though - including those goofy doubles.. lol

Shade_

Smash Ace
I never said Josh sucked, I just said compared to chris hes not at his level yet.

And if you take everything you read on this board seriously then your going to go crazy.

X_A

Smash Rookie
MAN YOU PEOPLE POST TOO MUCH.

Spades - WHOLE COMMUNITY - because when the post blatantly calling Josh trash is ignored by several of you - at that point I think it very valid to assume you all think that way. Hanson was the only one that said CRAP before I posted, and that's because he's probably the best person out of all of you -_-;; And Spades - keep your positive voice out there, because other than Hanson this thread seems to be melee has-been's, neutral's, and the shining light of Hanson lol.

Sars - On Melee I will say this. I was a pro level SC2 player - glitches ANNOYED ME - and when I was primed to look into Melee after 64 play - I wouldn't deal with a 2+ page glitch list. I'm sorry to admit my view of how 'glitches' affected the SC community tainted my view of Melee, and respect the people and skill that built up in that game. HOWEVER - you also should realize my argument of you guys ignoring talent still stands - and that just you 'saying we moved on' isn't enough. Actions speak louder, and every time some of 'your best' are taken down, I hear the melee preference Brawl hate. Sorry, I've been there - do you travel at all?

IF YOU DON'T THINK PIKA 64 IS BROKEN - you don't know 64, stop arguing about it as such. IMO, Metaknight isn't even close to Pika, but I'll see later.

My perspective - is shared by others that Meta isn't god tier. What I was clearly saying is I'd stop calling out the whiners if I couldn't do as well as I thought. I never said I'd "affect the view of these boards" - I'd simply switch sides and perhaps be able to put up with the whiners more -_-;;; Very doubtful though.

SARS PIRATE - I'VE TRAVELLED FOR 64 - MELEE - AND SSBB - my post count doesn't mean ****, idiot.

And I'm not 'important' nor do I consider myself as much as you seem to be giving me credit. I do however know I organize alot of SSBB tournaments that clearly YOU don't travel to, and am lined up to be the manager of a professional team of OK players - one SSBB player included. Thus I started tracking players, THUS I wandered back into your community to see you guys IGNORING wins. I've never posted much because to be frank - you guys always have came across clickish. Vegafuse, Po, one of the previous tops that moved back to AZ and maybe Zinth were the only ones that seemed nice about anything - and also, well, you guys post WAY too much lol.

Wave dashing = Melee - because it was one of the most significant "glitches" exploited by melee players, and frankly the one that represented Melee players the most - you guys were addicted to that stuff, going so far to use it as a crutch and a level of 'elitism' imo.

Hate for Brawl - is what the old guard seems to have. You try and get around it - but your arguments give you away for what you are. I praise those of you in this community that moved forwards, but clearly you guys are not a 100% representation of your community. There are melee fanatics that STILL curse Brawl and want their precious melee back every time they come to a brawl tournament and lose.

Oh - don't lump me in with BRAWL PLAYERS - btw. I don't speak for them, if anything I'm a 64 player that hates Melee on levels, and deals with Brawl better - hoping we 64 and Melee players can finally find peace in a SSBB world :) And stop looking down on my skill level, you who thinks post count is everything *rolls eyes*. I'm not the best, but I'm at least decent enough to end up top half at the tournaments I've gone to. Yea - gone to - are you 'yowanra' or whoever they mention who haven't gone to any recent tournaments?

OMG DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OTHER GAMES?!@#?!@#?!@# Characters are banned ALL THE TIME!@# Infinites - BANNED ALL THE TIME@# You frustrate me lol.

And frankly - you are the only one that seems 'disdained' - everyone else seems to be discussing the issues. I guess your just a hater? :) Now that I know you think post count ='s traveling and skill, I'll probably start to naturally ignore you more anyway...

However, if you are being negative, and combative? I'll be right there when I'm dragged into it to post again.

TULSA VS OKC - you want it, "officially call it" then. I don't want to be accused of saying one loud mouth speaks for you all.

Shade - he's your friend, I understand. HOWEVER - your ignoring others in your community that are winning the tournaments seemed old guard hating on new blood -esque, and I already get that vibe from you guys anyway. Thus my concern - if it's just you - that'd be fine :) But I don't think it is... Course, maybe your all just friends with Chris and want to defend him. No one is questioning his Melee record, but in SSBB - he's not top dog, why can't you guys be happy for those who are currently?

And FRIENDS?!@

Let's make something clear. Other than sheer conversation time due to driving, I'm "just as much friends" with Vegafuse and Zinth as I am with Josh and Anthony and Hanson. The only "smash players" that I can guarantee friendship with are 64 players, thanks. Are Josh, Anthony, Max, Hanson, Zinth, Vega, Chris, Po, Gay$$ and others I've met, played with, etc cool? So far yea. Would I think they consider me a friend? That I know of no - I'm not so presumptuous. I'm a fellow player in a community of players, and that's all I'd assume I am to any of them.

My response on the Josh situation is the SAME response I'd have for ANY OF YOU if I saw you win 5 out of the last 6 tournaments, and your community ignored that. I've been told "Why do you talk about Zinth so much - he's not that good" - because I've seen him do well, simply put, I respect that as a result. Why would I respect and request Kos-Mos' opinion at a tournament? AND HAVE? Because I know he's a leader in the community. Duh. (Of course, that opinion lead me down the fated "SSBB controller mapping debate" that no one else knew about -_-, LOSE CHRIS LOSE.)

Don't believe me? Ask Max or Anthony - I've been at Melee tournaments held in Tulsa - and looked players right in the face and told them they weren't very good, that OKC Melee players were way better. OMG - NEUTRALITY?! Maybe. This isn't about Tulsa vs OKC until you make it that way, and keep in mind, with ignoring Josh, and acting like if you don't post here you are trash, that's how it comes across.

I've asked him about this - Josh uses MK - because he needs a counterpick to his PT. He uses it for tournaments, and well, who wouldn't?!@ If your going to a tournament - your there to get experience, perhaps. Maybe your even there to get past your tournament nerves, but...

...the rest are there to win. If MK is one of the best characters currently - why not go with that? No one hates on BR's in Halo - because your cheating by using the best gun? Sure tier whoring is annoying, but EVERY FIGHTING GAME HAS IT. For you guys actually ignoring who is good in your community because they use a certain character as a counterpick - makes Smash look REALLY BAD!! I hope you stop, because whatever character it is, no matter how much your 'just blowing off steam' - others are around, and watching. You never know who you have and will run off with such biased talk and trash thinking.

And all my 'back water Melee players' perspective? Is from being around, and hearing gamers in your community talk that way. No 2 minute video Sars - sorry brah. No random hate for melee. 64 was better - but hey ;)

In the end - my opinions are from what I've seen in person, and heard from those there; you want to hate me for hearing what your community says, sorry, I'm just the messenger.
I'm fine with the hate btw, just so long as it brings up the discussions to improve a gaming community in OK.

X A

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The person above me apparently doesn't know anything about Melee.

I'm going to assume he sucks at brawl as well :).

Y

Yams

Why did you have to go and stir fresh wood back into the cinders, Saif?

**** you.

Hylian, how is the Texas scene doing? I've been a long time lurker (like so many), but I've never really spoken to the other smashers. Most of the time it seems the blind ignorance of trolls just isn't worth replying to (not that I am implying there is that level of trollery going on in this thread; I'm referring to the mass stupidity you see in the tactical and character boards).

I've seen some of the Texas crew's videos. And not to forsake my OK comrades, but you guys are enjoyable and impressive to watch. Do you guys get this kind of e-drama in your thread?

X_A

Smash Rookie
The person above me assumes anyone outside the Melee players cared about Melee in the first place...

I never said Josh sucked, I just said compared to chris hes not at his level yet.

And if you take everything you read on this board seriously then your going to go crazy.
Tell me Shade - how MANY TIMES does person A need to knock person B out of a tournament before preson A is "at or above person B's level."

Please. Give me a number, so I'll know when to let you know Josh is above Chris. lol

And isn't Chris leaving before the Oct 5th monthly? Do we need to setup an event so that Chris can be played by Josh in whatever crazy circumstances you guys WILL acknolwedge the results from? Hmm? Hmm?

X A

Top Bottom