• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

kpeezy

Smash Cadet
The address is 333 East Brooks Street, Norman, OK, 73069.

It's not in the same apartment (224) but it's just four doors down (218). If you haven't been over before PM me or Gmo and we'll give you the specifics on which building it is, etc.

LOL ME AND GMO SMASHFEST WHODATHUNKIT

darkrain

Smash Ace
Someone host another Intimikill. It is prolly the best tournament series in the southwest.

C'mon, I need this!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Someone host another Intimikill. It is prolly the best tournament series in the southwest.

C'mon, I need this!
brett's in china studying abroadso i kind of haven't had another opportunity yet, but if darkrain requests it...you know i can turn you down, hun. i'll look into the same venue soon, and see if we can get the same deal and such. if not i'll definitely search out for a different venue anyhow.

expect another intimikill in april or late may.
you heard it here first.

also **** http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266845
a tournament named after me that i can't even attend. i love my crew.

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
yup, I'm in China and just got internet in my room. Smashboards isn't blocked horray lolz.

Sorry Yawara can't respond to you on facebook...it's blocked, but keep up your zerg apm :). You doing better this semester?

I doubt I will, but I wish I could find a smash scene here.
Email me if you wanna chatz.
Dang i gotta go to sleep because I should wake up at 7 tomorrow :(.
I'm loving your tournament Alex lol.
Love from Beijing.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i saw your brother the other day brett. very slight resemblance. used you in a presentation.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I love SC2.

On that note, someone needs to give someone the first post soon!

And omg I can't decide if I'm sick or not.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I might have my brother staying the night with me on Thursday if Fort Towson wins their basketball game that day. Wish them luck so ya'll can see a half decent smash player and my family name can be redeemed (since I'm such a disappointment). :D

5mashKing

Smash Rookie
Howdy I'm Chozo's bro!

Man how I hate being put on the spot like this, I'm not that great so don't be expecting much.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Howdy I'm Chozo's bro!

Man how I hate being put on the spot like this, I'm not that great so don't be expecting much.
Don't worry, as long as you're not as bad as Will, we will accept you with open arms... ;)

Hanson, yo *****-*** better be at the Smashfest this Friday, or else.

THE RIVALRY IS RENEWED, BIATCH!

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Howdy I'm Chozo's bro!

Yo whats up man? Can't wait to meet you and play you. :)

Don't worry, as long as you're not as bad as Will, we will accept you with open arms... ;)
Hey Po how many times have you taken a match off of me in a tourney set? Don't worry I'll wait. :) <3 Po

THE RIVALRY HAS STARTED, BIATCH!

bassem6

Smash Lord
OKLAHOMA ASSEMBLE?!

And thanks again for the three-hour training session last night, Bass. Your Pikachu is the absolute worst thing I've ever played. =)
haha no problem man. It was fun. And my pikachu will improve! You'll all see!!

Lol, Bassem is on that Razer status. Needs to just stick with the character that he plays.
Dawg, next time we attend the same tourney I'll take you through my list of other characters that Im decent with including:

Snake
Meta knight
lucario
pikachu
marth
ike
and ness!

You'd be surprised!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bassem. You are on that Razer status. There's nothing wrong with that. It's acceptable to be ****, but only with 1 character.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey Po how many times have you taken a match off of me in a tourney set? Don't worry I'll wait. :) <3 Po

THE RIVALRY HAS STARTED, BIATCH!
TRANSLATION: I only have tourney wins over Po because of Shuttle Loop shenanigans saving me, because without my ultra-desperation-save-my-***-because-im-weak-insta-kill-move, he would have certainly defeated me at least two out of our three encounters... Furthermore, I've played him with every character I've ever had interest in, and could only defeat his mediocre Luigi with Meta Knight, thus proving Po's point that he is actually better than me, and my only hope of scraping out a win is to hard-counter his character.

TL;DR version: Po owns Lil Will for free, unless he picks Meta Knight, and even that is an uphill battle for him.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
TRANSLATION: I only have tourney wins over Po because of Shuttle Loop shenanigans saving me, because without my ultra-desperation-save-my-***-because-im-weak-insta-kill-move, he would have certainly defeated me at least two out of our three encounters... Furthermore, I've played him with every character I've ever had interest in, and could only defeat his mediocre Luigi with Meta Knight, thus proving Po's point that he is actually better than me, and my only hope of scraping out a win is to hard-counter his character.

TL;DR version: Po owns Lil Will for free, unless he picks Meta Knight, and even that is an uphill battle for him.
No Johns buddy :).

Haha in the Norman monthly I didn't use Mk at all against you it was Marth/Snake. Get at me Brandon. :bee:

Brawl Ranking- Typ Ex Pos. 270!!!! :)
Chuck Nasty Pos. 370!!!! :)

I didn't read the rest but I saw Beah so yay Beah!!! :)

Beah is a cool guy.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I'm telling you man, these math based PRs are whack.
How do PRs even work? If that made sense :/ lol.

Oh yeah Yawara I wanna help you out with this tourney stuff like help being a host and everything.

Basically I want to learn how to run my own tourney Alex help me too.

Po you like my new location? :)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, just get TO and that's like 50% of everything. The other 50% is organization, contacting people, making sure your setups are there, promoting the **** out of it, and just trying to guarantee to the fullest degree that the people you'll be serving are gonna have a good time.

Also the way those PRs work is they just take the raw data from tourney results from all over and try to rank players according to the rankings. Each place awards a certain number of points which fluctuates according to the number of people in that tourney.

But like the problem with that is that there are some big tourneys that are noticeably easier than smaller ones. Also if certain players don't participate as much, they could be ranked lower than scrubbier players who consistently get like 4th or something in dumber tourneys. Also numbers don't really prove how good players are in comparison to each other. Plus the results they use are like freaking old.

If you ask any good player, they'll have their own private rankings to decide who the best or worst are regardless of tourney results. National PRs are only good if they have national panels that travel all over and take these things into consideration not just raw data.

I mean, Razer at 16th then Dojo at 25th? Mikehaze at 30th or Anti at 48th? If you wan a really oddball one, look at Hylian in comparison to Phantom X or Dphat or Dmg. TX PRs should be the foremost source to rank these players, but look at how these PRs went.

I really doubt people who are ranked within the top 20 even pay attention to these rankings because they should be the most knowledgeable as to how worthless this is.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Also who wants to get Bassem some footage for his combo vid on Friday?

Or we might be able to record enough this weekend to have like a Tulsa Monthly Combo Video lol

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
But like the problem with that is that there are some big tourneys that are noticeably easier than smaller ones. Also if certain players don't participate as much, they could be ranked lower than scrubbier players who consistently get like 4th or something in dumber tourneys. Also numbers don't really prove how good players are in comparison to each other. Plus the results they use are like freaking old.
This. I have noticed there are several players I am probably better than, but because they have gone to more tournaments they have more points than i do. I wonder which 2 tournaments they counted for me anyways. probably OHSNAP and NK?

Also who wants to get Bassem some footage for his combo vid on Friday?

Or we might be able to record enough this weekend to have like a Tulsa Monthly Combo Video lol
Are you asking for somebody w/ a capture card or somebody to play him? I could do both.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Hopefully this doesn't start anything bad but what would our PR list look like if we just compared it to skill instead of tourney results by attendance and such?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That list is dumb. I'm on there at like 79 and Bassem isn't even in the top 10%? I have barely even played singles in the past 3 months o_O

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I think they used the Phase tournaments in that data, because Saif and Bassem's roommate are ranked but I am not, which also leads me to believe that they did not use OHSNAP or NK.

Top Bottom