• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Oh okay! I know where UNT is... I think. I pass by it everyday. If you guys play on a Monday, send me a message with the address or directions. I haven't played since Phase 6. :(

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Oh okay! I know where UNT is... I think. I pass by it everyday. If you guys play on a Monday, send me a message with the address or directions. I haven't played since Phase 6. :(
better yet, just PM me with your cell, ill txt you with info about when we play. Its usually tuesdays and thursdays, but we dont really care lol.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Bassem, my friend. :) Do you need a ride to the NoKoast? You must go. Pleasezorz.

It's a quarter after 1...I'm a little...I'm drunk and I need anyone nowwwwwww. +croons+ Lol.

bassem6

Smash Lord
lmao paul. Yeah. Today it was decided that I will be going to no koast. I SUCKED IT UP at this tulsa tourny so I need to restore my honor. I would gladly accept a ride from you!

bassem6

Smash Lord
lol. I dont mind losing to you as much as I do losing to a fox. I dont care if its samboner, I should not be losing to fox. That puts our overall set score at 4-2? Or 3-2? Youre catching up though. Me and morgan were bummed that you didnt ***** pop though :(

bassem6

Smash Lord
is samboner regarded as the best fox?
I thought he didn't count considering all he does is wifi....

Also, dphat did it for the swag.
I think hes the best fox. He got 3rd at a hobo and beat razer in a set. Thats more than any of us can say we did.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
AJ is Light, right? Light, I love youuuuuu!. I a non-homo way. Lol

Also, good. Bassem is in my car. I can possibly fit one more person in my car.

All right, You would have to go up Friday night to Tulsa with me and spend the night there so we can pick up Joshua in themorning.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So Paul is no longer a part of OK.

We need nominations (real ones) for the 4th PR panel spot.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
So Paul is no longer a part of OK.

We need nominations (real ones) for the 4th PR panel spot.
*raises hand* Haha naw I'm just playing I suck lol.

Edit: Actually I would like to hear everyones opinion if I would be good enough for it. So yes I nominate myself.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ya but he doesn't go to smashboards . . . which was why I was thinking of contacting Afro and having him consult Chuck.

link2702

Smash Champion
absolutly nothing related to smash at all, just need to vent DX

jack FM, one of my favorite radio stations is now the new home of King country, 97.3 is no longer jack, but King, now what 93.3 kings old station will be, IDK, but it sucks that we lost another cool station, first the buzz, now jack, even if i DO like classic rock more then today's....Oklahoma's radio is basicly now nothing but country and classic rock...literally. >.<

/end rant about radio.

so what ya'll up to? I myself haven't played brawl "seriously" in awhile, thinking about going melee, but realy no matter how hard i try, i just can't seem to get back into brawl.

also thinking of just giving up my guitar lessons and going back to strictly Viola <.< guitar is just getting to frustrating for me, been practicing like mad, spent tons of money on lessons, and i STILL can't play the **** thing.

eh....anyway, might start going to some melee tournies eventually, but i doubt i'll get back into brawl, i really...just can't get into it anymore.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So Spring Break starts up for me next week.

Anything going on Smash-wise any time next week, aside from No Koast this weekend?

Shoes Magoo

Smash Rookie
also thinking of just giving up my guitar lessons and going back to strictly Viola <.< guitar is just getting to frustrating for me, been practicing like mad, spent tons of money on lessons, and i STILL can't play the **** thing.

eh....anyway, might start going to some melee tournies eventually, but i doubt i'll get back into brawl, i really...just can't get into it anymore.
Are you learning on an acoustic, classical, or electric? Are you trying to start off by reading guitar music or just playing by ear and such? My music theory knowledge isn't complete, but I've been playing for about 14+ years now, so if you are willing to give the guitar another shot I can probably help you out. Free of charge. Payment accepted in the form of brawl matches. :)

link2702

Smash Champion
lol, i've got both an acoustic and electric, but i take my lessons on the electric, i really don't wanna give up cuz its an expensive electric(for me anyway) it was around 650$ a paul reed smith.

my acoustic is just a cheap one i found at a guitar store, a looooong time ago for like 80 bucks, i atm have it tuned in open d ( i'm not taking lessons for it from the teacher, but rather trying to learn online, how to play slide guitar with it) my electric is the one i've been using for lessons, and yet i still struggle with many of the basic chords @_@

Shoes Magoo

Smash Rookie
Props for the PRS. It's definitely a nice guitar to start out on considering most folk tend to start with something like an Ibanez or a Peavey. Are you taking lessons at Guitar Center? It sounds like you've got a good base to work from given your background in music (and the PRS doesn't hurt either) . Dude just PM me and let me know if you want to work on some chords/songs/whatever.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
is this for 4th...or for the spot on the PR Panel...I'm amazed you guys placed 2 more people before Chuck if it's for the PR.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
is this for 4th...or for the spot on the PR Panel...I'm amazed you guys placed 2 more people before Chuck if it's for the PR.
It's for the spot on the PR Panel.

Right now, the panel consists of Yawara, Chris, Bassem, and me.

Top Bottom