• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OLD, CLOSED Zero Suit Samus Video Thread (2/2/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Not gonna lie.
Watching your timings let me know you're a wifi warrior. You did a couple things slightly too slow.
I also like watching your opponents not know how to DI the d-smash to avoid the spike.
Cute though.
Eh it's much easier avoiding being at that height while recovering against her in the first place :ohwell:

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I duno I found that diddy to be pretty bad. As far as advice goes, our side b is insanely punishable on diddy's shield if he has a nanner in hand, and paralyzer too for that matter. While both are good if he's in the air, they become pretty useless if you're neutral on the ground

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Those finals matches with Seibrik are crazy. He's an amazing MK too, he reads so well, that you really can't help but be impressed with both of you. Props /endmeatride

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Those finals matches with Seibrik are crazy. He's an amazing MK too, he reads so well, that you really can't help but be impressed with both of you. Props /endmeatride
Yeah, he reads well, and then he knows me, which aids that as well.
I feel bad that I lost, but I'll just get him next time.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I showed the video to a friend who was whining about seibrik getting hit by dsmash a lot.

lol conditioning
Everybody *****es that I hit with too many d-smashes.
Because we all know that you can shield out of initial dashing animations, and I do not look for those at all.
Oh wait, I lied twice.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Everybody *****es that I hit with too many d-smashes.
Because we all know that you can shield out of initial dashing animations, and I do not look for those at all.
Oh wait, I lied twice.
lol those were some of the best exciting matches ive seen this year Nick you and shaky make a great team. So much pwnage the first match they resulted to double MK XD. Also Shaky made me laugh when he did a situational jab lock. I have always said ZSS is awesome in double so many possibilities.props to you and shaky great team work.

In your singles matches where intense but Serbreik is very patient and not a hoarnado props to Serbreik.Very tight matches.

Shlike Man good stuff against Diddy i learned a lot from you i hope i can do the same to diddy players xD

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hi Sovereign, you are a very talented player!

I think you jump a little too much though, it is very very easy to punish landings with a grab and in the ICs match-up it can be deadly (as is seen here). You need to be more cognizant of your position and how much lag the moves you are performing have, and what position your opponent is in to punish said move. Your paralyzer shot was punished with a grab once, stuff like that shouldn't really happen (although it certainly does, to better players than you or I).

I had fun watching the matches though and even learned a little. Good stuff.

solecalibur

Smash Master
a small tip about lain is he plays MK on brinstar if you prefer them Mks
Ive seen MKs and D3s on RC if you'd like to lure him to switch characters

-but avoiding using upsmash and replace those with uptilts unless there on top of a platform vs ICs, (if they are in the range of up smash I normally go for my up b, you did that game 1 but not so much game 2)

-your Item game is really good but there was plenty of openings for lain to potentially grab those items and give you a slight disadvantage

-Im not sure if its me that shouldnt be doing it but I use my down b as a recovery/stalling move to give me more time and make the opponent approach me as I still have my 2nd jump ready

edit - glad to see more zss just dont give him to much MU exp I'll take that first

10lains

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Thanks guys. This critique is really helpful. I'm going to do my best to improve with her, and bring her more glory. I think she's pretty underestimated, and should be a little higher on the tier list, but that's another conversation for another time, so I digress.

That was the first time I had fought Lain, ever, as well as, the first time I had ever used ZSS in brackets, during that tournament. I told Lain the next time I fought him, I'd beat'em, so that's my goal, for now.

Zero

Smash Hero
At 1:29 when Pit airdodged dtilt, that was a perfect opportunity to utilt. Not to jab.

So many dsmashes and utilts in the totally wrong situations.

Dsmash to upB... really?

The beginning of the second stock is sexyyyyyyy.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I actually think his jab was well placed, although he could've tried to finish it the whole thing, instead of stop and take a hit.

Coming off the ledge during the second stock, I believe, you should have UAir'd instead of DownB. You would've suffered less lag, and probably wouldn't have been punished.

This is just me, but whenever my opponent is above me, I will always UpB, in order to pull them into another aerial.

Zero

Smash Hero
You can't profit off jab nearly as well as you can off utilt. In the situation I mention, his dtilt forced an airdodge, and since utilt is a pseudo-meaty hit, it would hit him as soon as he touched the ground, ready for aerial pressure.

I love upB for aerial pressure, their options are so limited when they're above you by that margin, especialy if you have another jump. upB force airdodge > uair is the sexiest thing ever. Except for bair force airdodge > uair.

KaleidoRuby vs Attila (Falco/Snake) (Australia)
11/4/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvZZpUwIaN8 Match 1-2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=far51qaeD7w Match 3

solecalibur

Smash Master
Match 1 that falco got to desperate trying to kill you ahaha
Match 2 When you were in the lead you sort of became very predictable when you where jump landed etc more nair instead of airdodge into ground etc etc
Match 3 wont display for me yet =(

good work over all I dont think I would have been able to make that come back game 1

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Match 1: I thought you could've used UpB where you tried to get off a second UAir. Other then that, amazing comeback. Near the end you began to read him, where it did count the most, and paid off.

Match 2: NEVER DAir that close to Snake, at the high of a percentage, again. He failed to punish with Utilt, but again, NEVER do that. I'm sure you know that. You were very jumpy, and like Soul said, got a bit predictable.

Match 3: Link doesn't work.

I love your gameplay, overall. You're very spontaneous with your moves, at some points. I think if you UpB pressured a bit more, you'd be golden.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I noticed in match 3 you were getting ULTRA camped by Snake's grenades. Since it didn't seem like he was stripping them, it would have been in your favor to throw them back. It puts him in a bad position and can hurt him instead of you. Whenever I'm getting camped by nades & decide to throw them back in tends to limit the opponents options.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I'm glad you beat that guy when he was falco, kaleido. He was getting ridiculous in that match (and somewhat in the second one w/ Snake, too).

Epic matches overall (I could watch Match 3 so I dunno why people are having problems with the link). I agree with solecalibur on Match 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom