• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Welcome, Solis, to SWF, where Rupees can be traded in for mushroom danishes. A Brawl lover, huh? In that case, you should visit the Brawl character-specific boards and find out more info about your main (if you have a main), or visit their respective Social Threads and meet people and make friends. It's rather easy to get along with people here, so don't be shy. More info can be found in the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" section, including Brawl tier list discussions, ruleset discussions, and even a discussion about the upcoming Smash Bros games for Wii U and 3DS. A Zelda nut too? Then look no further than the Legend of Zelda Boards under the "General Gaming" section, where they talk about anything and everything Zelda (except maybe the horrible CD-i games). You can also visit the Light House every once in a while and see if there are any Zelda-related conversations in the Wii/Wii U thread. Until then, enjoy your stay here at Smash World Forums, and don't be afraid to ask any mods, senators, or administrators for help regarding any questions to the rules of the forums. Also, please keep your belongings safe, as SWF is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Actually, you get 2000 PMs for premium now.
Good to know. Maybe MLG_JV ought to update that thread... whenever he isn't busy, of course. Thanks for that info.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
He probably did it to indicate a higher PM count, as 1337 is you know, leet.

MarcheR

Smash Rookie
NNID
mars
3DS FC
1177-7044-9396
Hello. I'm Marche, and I've been playing Melee/Brawl for a while now. I'm soon (September) going to actually get Wifi, so I'll be able to play online finally. I'm trying to pick up my game for it, but there's only so much you can do practicing alone. In the meantime, I guess I'll get active here, since the SSB series is my favourite.

I see there are some regional smash threads. Are there any for Nova Scotia?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, MarcheR, and welcome to Smash World Forums, where people prefer egg nog with their cookies over milk. A Melee and Brawl player, eh? Well, be sure to check out the character-specific boards regarding your main's metagame. I assume - by the look of your postbit - you main Ganondorf in Brawl. Check out the Ganondorf boards in the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" section and meet other Ganon mains. Planning on playing over wi-fi at some point? Then look no further than the Smashboards Arena (link provided below) where you can challenge people to your heart's content. Though wi-fi is notorious for input lag, it is still better than playing against the CPU when there isn't anyone around to play with. As for regionals for Nova Scotia, I don't know if there are any for that area, though it wouldn't hurt to ask a moderator of the regional section for more info. That, or worst case scenario, you can try to host your own tournament. Either way is fine. I hope this was helpful to you in some way. Until then, enjoy your stay here at SWF, and remember to pay no mind to the occasional troll. Also, keep your possessions safely secure, as Smash World Forums are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275524

BlueFrogs

Smash Rookie
Wassup every body im BlueFrogs ive been playing the SSB series since it first came out to the Nintendo 64 ive been playing it so im stoked to have found this website recently (10 minutes ago)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, BlueFrogs, and welcome to SWF, where the concept of "the birds and the bees" actually mean predatory birds hunting bees for food. So you just found out about this place? Well, luckily for you, this is a great site for everything Smash Bros.. Feel free to visit various character-specific boards for each of the games, and visit the Pool Room to discuss various topics not related to video games. If you want to play Brawl via wi-fi, there's the Smashboards Arena to get you started in a link provided in my last post above. If you have any questions pertaining to rules or where you can find specific info, do not hesitate to ask a moderator, super moderator, senator, or adminisrator for more information. Until then, we hope you enjoy your stay here at SWF. Be wary of the occasional trolls, do not reply to spam advertising threads (report them instead), and keep all of your belongings safely secure, as Smash World Forums is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

HylianSmash

Smash Rookie
hello there, I'm hyliansmash. I've been playing brawl,melee, and the original since they first came out. Although my melee disc is too scratched to play. :'c so i mainly play brawl now. i don't even remember how i found this site by the way......

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, HylianSmash, and welcome to Smash World Forums, where butterflies become The Incredible Hulk after a sip of Mountain Dew, spiked with Brisk Ice Tea. It's a shame your Melee disc is too banged up. The good news, however, is that any stores that carries a used copy of Melee tend to sell it for cheap, so don't despair. Check out character-specific boards in the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" section to discuss various metagame topics regarding various characters, including your main, or go into the Competitive Brawl Discussions and contribute and/or learn various thing about the competitive world of Brawl. You can also do the same for both Smash 64 and Melee. There's also The Pool Room, where you can discuss things that doesn't pertain to much of anything at all, in case you want to get away from gaming and media in general. Also, be sure to check out the recently created "Super Smash Bros. 4" boards where people are already discussing and speculating on various things that Nintendo can do with the series, what with the advent of Namco-Bandai coming into the picture. We (you included) don't know how you found this place, but this place is something I'm sure you will not forget. Until then, enjoy your stay here at SWF, and be sure to ignore the occasional troll. Also, be sure to keep all of your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Glitterbomber

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm Glitterbomber and I'm a huge smash fan. I'm really happy to have found a board with likeminded people. I'd have to say the character's I'm best with would be either Ganondorf, Yoshi, or Meta Knight.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, Glitterbomber, and welcome to Smash World Forums, where even adults can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. A Samsh Bros. fan, are you? Well, look no further than here, where we talk about anything and everything Smash Bros., and even have a recently made Smash 4 board where you can speculate on various newcomers, veterans, and possible gameplay additions. Be sure to check out the Yoshi, Meta Knight, and Ganondorf boards in the Brawl Character Discussion within the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" section to learn more about your mains. You can also visit the Pool Room to unwind and discuss things that doesn't pertain to anything that already has a board. Until then, we hope you enjoy your stay here at SWF, and be sure to ignore the occasional troll. We advise you keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

jmjh

Smash Rookie
HI! you can call me Jay, i have used the site for a while but never found the need to make an account until now, i just went to a local smash tournament over the weekend and i placed 9th out of 60 people, in the end i let my cockiness get the best of me and i was allowed to challenge my next opponent and i decided to face the "best" buy there lol and he beat me... there is another tourney in november and i believe i have a good shot at winning but alas i have a big lack of decent practice partners so if anyone wants to help me out i would be forever in your debt, i play falco/marth/olimar/diddy, welp hi! go ahead and pm me if you want to help me or just want to say hi.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, jmjh, and welcome to Smash World Forums, where the chicken came before the bacon. I see you're a tournament goer, which is great for this type of place. You can check out the Competitive Brawl Discussion boards in the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" section to talk about the metagame. 9th out of 60 is rather impressive, or so I like to think. As for sparring partners, you have a couple of options, including searching for regional tournaments and keeping an eye out for those in your area, or by going to the Smashboards Arena and trying your hand at wi-fi Brawl. Just be aware that Brawl wi-fi is horribly laggy. Both options will be provided for via links at the bottom of this post. Until then, feel free to explore and enjoy your stay at SWF, and remember to ignore the occasional troll. Also, keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Here is a link to regional tournaments in the Atlantic South:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51&prefixid=AtlSouth

Here is the link to The Smashboards Arena:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275524

GinnTokki

Smash Rookie
Hey, what's up guys. I'm obviously new here, haha.
I've been gaming since I was 2 or 3, and the first game I actually beat was OoT when I was 4. Like a bawss.
I used to be in the competitive CoD scene, but I just grew tired of that game and don't play on playing it anytime soon, nor do I plan on buying any of the newer games.
I'm somewhat new to the competitive SSBB scene, though I used to be in a clan for SSBB three years ago and did pretty well in it. I've been to one local tournament at an anime con and lost in the semi finals due to an incredibly embarrassing mistake xD I'm a Falco main, though I also use Marth, Wolf, Toon Link, and Sonic.
Other than that, I like anime and Kpop. I also watch a lot of YouTube videos (mainly Smosh and YTF members). So yeah.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, GinnTokki, and welcome to SWF, where light bulbs can grant up to three wishes, including the wishing for more wishes. Seeing as you're relatively new to the Brawl competitive scene, allow me to point you to various places of interest via links at the bottom of this post. Reaching the semi finals for someone relatively new is rather impressive, even at a tourney at an anime con. Check out the Falco boards and learn more about Falco's metagame, as well as ask questions to see how you can improve and lessen the chances of making the mistakes that cost you the potential tournament win. There's also the Media Metropolis under the "Arts and Entertainment" section where you can discuss anime and music, among other things. Until then, we hope you enjoy your stay here at SWF, and be sure to ignore the occasional troll. Also, keep your possessions secure, as Smash World Forums are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

- Brawl Character Boards directory:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

- Brawl Falco Boards:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173

- Anime (and manga) For People Who Don't Like Anime (or manga) thread, by
Mediocre:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106923

- Kpop Discussion~♡ thread, by victra♥:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267023

Mimi-berry

Smash Rookie
Aye! o u o

Hi everyone! You can call me Mimi.

Well, about me. Erm... ; v ;

I like lots of anime and video games.
My favorites atm are Legend of Korra and Pokemon.

Brawl; right.

My favorite character is Lucas. Dat bby.

Characters I play as most;
Lucas
Kirby
Pikachu
Toon Link
Peach

I play more than fight.
I dislike spammers.
I like team battles more than basic brawl.

Characters I hate fighting;
Sonic
Pit
Meta Knight
Link
Ike
Marth
Wolf
Lucario

I have no idea what else to say. i ^ i

ndayday

BRoomer
Welcome to the site, Mimi!

Be sure to check out the Arena in this board to play people, and have fun. If you have any questions feel free to ask anyone. :)

also both Korra and Pokemon are great. Pokemon especially.

Soysavce

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm Tane ^-^
People call me just about anything so call me whatever you like .
and I feel like i should have joined so long ago lol .
I'm looking to move to the next level and improve on strategies and some of the more technical moves .
I'm always game for friendlies so please challenge me . anytime ~

thanks ~!

P.S.
i like to main Falco , but i really like playing with Marth and Pikachu as well and currently i only really play Brawl :x

Archaides

Smash Rookie
Hello!

Hello, I'm Archaides. You can call me Archy for short, and my real name is Mike if you prefer that. I live in Turlock, CA (in the US) with my girlfriend. I love video games, and I someday hope to contribute to the making of them. I own both a Wii and a PS3, but primarily play games on my PC. I work from home making marketing videos for a company called Bright Computing that sells high-performance computing software. I'm pretty creative, and I love to write (though I don't consider myself very good at it).

I was a bit young when the original Super Smash Bros. came out, but I played it a while after it came out. I never got too into it, but I could beat my brothers and neighborhood friends. When Melee came out, I became extremely involved in the game. I would practice both Melee and Soul Calibur 2 for an hour a day each, so I could beat my friends. I was still a bit young to understand the deeper aspects of the game's mechanics, but I loved playing and thought myself good at it.

When Brawl's release date was announced just a few years ago, I knew I needed a Wii. I jumped into the game the day it came out and never jumped back out. I'm excited for the next Super Smash Bros. game to come out - when it does I'm sure I'll be playing it too.

In Super Smash Bros. Melee, I play as :samusmelee: or :zeldamelee:. I was good with :linkmelee: too.

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I play as :sonic: or :metaknight: (I just learned :metaknight: is cheap today, so I feel nooby saying this). I'm also good with :toonlink: and :sheilda:.

I'm very excited to get more involved in this community and find talented players to learn from. If you think you can teach me a thing or two about the game's more advanced techniques, please PM me or invite me to a match! I want to be the very best - I know its a lot to want but I have the potential and I'm ready to put it to use.

Thanks!
Archy

Liver and Onions

Smash Rookie
New here

I'm Den.
I'm new here and thought I'd have a better chance of finding opponents here than on Brawl Online (RIP).
I use Kirby as my main dude. It's a bad habbit, I know. SIGH.
If they didn't chance Mario's smash attacks in this game, he'd be my wingman. Trying to get a feel of Luigi since I like him more here than his bro. But like I mentioned, bad habits with Kirby... :kirby:

I've been a fan of Smash since I first got SSB64. And to think by the cover art it was some cheap knock-off game of Nintendo... Boy, was I mistaken. :nervous:

I'm currently using a friend's WII. Since I moved away for College. I have my ow copy of BRAWL, but trying to get enough to buy a wii. *crosses fingers*

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oh, sure, the couple of days I keep my eyes off the Meet and Greet thread is when we get a handful of newcomers introducing themselves. Blah! :p

Anyways, here goes:

Welcome to Smash World Forums,
Mimi-berry, Soysavce, Archaides, and Liver and Onions, where wishing upon a star will always result in a rain of danishes. Below this post, I shall provide links to threads of interest based on your introductions. That said, feel free to take a look at the character-specific boards in the "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" section, or you can join in the speculations in the new "Super Smash Bros. 4" section. Not feeling in the mood to talking about competitive Brawl/Melee/Smash 64? Then visit the other boards, such as Media Metropolis or the Pool Room to talk about various music and TV shows, or various random topics and news respectively. If you feel lost at all, do not hesitate to ask your friendly neighborhood moderator, senator, or administrator. Until then, we hope you enjoy your stay here at SWF, and be sure to ignore the occasional troll. Furthermore, we advise you to keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

The Light House, where you can discuss anything video game-related:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Legend of Korra thread, located in the Media Metropolis:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281756

Anime thread located in the Media Metropolis:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=106923

The Brawl Lucas Boards:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145

The Brawl Kirby Boards:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143

The Brawl Meta Knight Boards:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147

The Brawl Falco Boards:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173

P.S. Don't feel bad for playing Meta Knight,
Archaides. If you like playing the character, then play him, regardless of what others think.

ItsSilverLPs

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys :)
I'm ItsSilverLPs, or Silver for short. The idea to join this forum came, like, yesterday, mostly because I'm a huge SSB fan since the N64 game, and I really want to discuss about SSB4, which I'm really excited for.
I enjoy playing with Ness in all 3 games, but, Ness is my favorite character only in SSB64. In Melee, it's Sheik, and in Brawl, it's Yoshi. But if we consider all three games together, my all time fave is Ness.
I'm also a Let's Player of mostly Nintendo and Sonic games at YouTube, if you're interested, check it out, the channel is also called ItsSilverLPs. :D
Also, in my channel, I'm doing a series of videos regarding SSB4!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, ItsSilverLPs, and welcome to SWF, where Tonberries and Cactuars are football mascots for the NFL. Glad to see you finally joined this forum. You'll find that its users are quite nice, and some are rather helpful. A Ness fan, are you? Then check out the Ness Boards spanning all the games and learn more about your Smash 64 main. You can also check out the Melee Sheik Boards and Brawl Yoshi Boards to learn more about those characters too. Check out the "Super Smash Bros. 4" section to discuss and speculate on the various aspects that Smash 4 can bring, especially with Namco-Bandai being thrown in the mix. You also say you do Let's Play videos? Feel free to share them in the Youtube thread in the Pool Room under the "General Discussion" section (link provided below). Until then, we hope you enjoy your stay here at SWF. Just be sure to ignore the occasional troll, and do not respond to spam/advertizing threads (report them instead). Also, be sure to keep your belongings secure, as Smash World Forums are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Youtube Videos, Flash, etc... Thread by
Azua:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=108763&highlight=Youtube

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh, here it is. I figured there would be an introduction thread somewhere.

Here goes nothing. Hi, I'm ToasterBrains. I enjoy Smash Brothers quite a bit! I have all three games. Sadly, Melee and Brawl are currently not functioning. I still have my trusty n64, as well as Smash64, to keep me company. I haven't really smashed in a while, though. I like it, don't get me wrong. I just haven't gotten around to playing recently.

I do enjoy discussion about it too, which is why I joined! So... hey!

If I remember correctly, I Kirby was my main in Brawl, and Mario in Melee. I picked the Captain as my main for Smash64 after severely owning my friends with him in school (Yay for teachers that just don't care!).

I guess that's it! Hey, guys.

ndayday

BRoomer
Welcome to the boards dude. If you need some help getting around or finding something just ask. :)

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I'm Victoy. You can call me Vic, or Vim, or Victor doesn't really matter, umm really this post is just a test for my avatar & sig, trying to see if my signature is too big or not or if I want to switch avatars, didn't want to just drop in on a thread with a huge sig that would irritate people, anyways, I'm glad to join the forum, it's not my first though, just decided to become a member since Smash Bros. 4 has gone into developement & I usually drop in & out of this forum as a guest to see what's going on, so i joined, owned every Smash Bros. game, unfortunately when Smash 64 came out, My cousin sold my copy of it :( but I've always loved the game & anticipate the new one, Thank you for welcoming into the forum
edit: yep sig too big & i might wanna change my avi

pman

Smash Rookie
Howdy, my name is Paul and I am brand new to the whole forum thing, but not to super smash bros. I grew up on these games. Been playing since elementary school , casually of course. I decided to join this forum to meet new players and get competitive.

Quick question: where show I go to find out about smashers at CMU/ mount peasant? I will be there this fall and am hoping to find some fellow smashers to hang with.
Thanks

pingding

Smash Apprentice
hey guys im pingding and i joined smashboards to look to advise to get better with peach on melee then i have found a few tournys and now im hosting my first on aug 18 for melee and project m. do ya`ll have any advise to a new tourny organizer

BSP

Smash Legend
Be strict and enforce your rules. Also, don't change your rules just because a few people aren't happy. If you do, you'll quickly find that you can't please everyone.

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, I'm PreacherDudeRox, PDR for short... DJ DAX for rap, Crazed-Artist for art, and David for personal affairs.

I'm a big SSB fan; I love the series and everything about it. My mains are Falco and Sonic, but I really enjoy playing with whoever.

I do GFX (graphic design), as you can tell, and I'd be happy to serve you in whatever way I can.

ndayday

BRoomer
Cool, you might want to check out the Artwork Emporium.

Although...it is a bit dead. Which is actually pretty surprising considering sigs and what not are fairly popular to do everywhere else. Anyway, welcome to SWF.

ThunderFox

Smash Rookie
Hello! My name is ThunderFox ( you can call me Thunder, if you want ) And I recently joined Smashboards. I'm a Link main in Brawl and Melee, and I do the best I can to improve myself. I'm always open to online matches, and I'd like to participate in lots of tournaments. It'd be great to meet friends here, and people I can Brawl with, whether it's competitively or just friendlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom