• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hello everyone, I'm Fireman. I play Melee and Brawl. Usually online I go by Soren, because well, I'm a fire emblem fan, lol. San referred me to this forum years ago, but I insisted on being a casual brawler because I had enough people to play with me offline. San trained me ALOT in using Ike years ago, so Ike is definitely my better character over any of my other alts. I know most matchups pretty well, but I need a lot of practice on some of Ike's bad stages. (/coughjunglesjapescough/) Heh, I quit Brawl for a WHILE, but now I know I have official tournament options that are VERY close to me (Next Level), so I've decided to get back into Smash. so uh, hi guys
Hey, Fireman! Welcome to the site! I'm also a big Fire Emblem fan, so I'm glad to meet another one! I remember San being a total Ike boss, I'm sure his training has helped you a lot. Glad to hear you've got tournaments nearby, they're great for experience, even if you don't play highly. Be sure to check out the Ike Boards for all the up-to-date metagame info, and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Hi!

I'm SamusChief (obviously) and I've played Smash Bros. since I was six years old, on the N64. I switched to Melee when it came out, and Brawl soon after. Brawl is certainly my favorite of the three, and there is no doubt I will switch to the new one when it comes out. I've always played casually until a week ago, when I started researching all of the little tweaks that make fighting games what they are. I'm beginning to learn a pro-type style, which is difficult for me due to years of habit.

Character-wise, I never use outrageously big or small characters as mains. The smallest character I'm decent with is Mario. My main switches frequently, between Samus Aran and Solid Snake, because Metroid and Metal Gear are two other games I grew up on. My alternates tend to be Link and Ike. I try to use a variety, as I am mostly casual, so I can pass with anybody: Kirby, Olimar, and even occasionally R.O.B.

I'm here to learn the skills needed to compete on a higher level, as the most competition is the Lucas-heavy Smash Ball spammer next-door... :urg:

SamusChief
Welcome, SamusChief! If you need to break some casual habits, nothing will help more than training and learning here on SWF! I was in a similar boat as you with no one to really play with before I found this site, but I was soon off to tourneys with a lot more experience and skill than when I joined. If you're looking for online play to show your skills, definitely check out the Smashboards Arena. Also be sure to check out the Brawl Character Discussion section to learn more pro-tips about all of the characters that you play! I'm sure you'll improve rapidly here, and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Fireman

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm surprised to see a big FE fan, nowadays they're to come by due to everyone's hopes being let down with Shadow Dragon, or the fact that there hasn't been a new release outside of japan. I'll be checking that Ike board too since I'm not as good as I used to be and need to refresh a bit.

TheFourthOctave

Smash Cadet
Hello, I'm TheFourthOctave. As the name may or may not imply, I like (classical) music just about as much as I love Super Smash Bros. I play Brawl a lot (which is why I joined the forum today) and am always willing to have some online matches. I generally main Lucas and here I hope I can get better with him, as the only people I get to face offline are my brother and his friends, and they aren't much. So, here's to some good matches with you all in the future. :)

MegaSmashX

Smash Rookie
Hello I'm MegaSmashX I've been playing Smash Bros. since the first Smash on the N64 and I'm looking foward to any new Super Smash Bros. in the near future.

Alley Cat

Smash Apprentice
Hello there, I'm the Alley cat :3
My boyfriend recently got me addicted to smash and convinced me to make an account on smashboards so I could get better. I'm still learning how to play past the level of casual players, but I'm getting better pretty fast. I'm familiar with competitive gaming - I play Street Fighter and CoD at tournaments, but I never knew the smash rabbit hole went so deep lol
So yeah I don't know the average level of most players here, so I'm not all that confident in playing folks online until I get better ._.'

anyways, tl;dr avid gamer first, girl second. Treat accordingly :3

<^v>

Smash Rookie
I guess this is a re-introduction for me.

I used to be on SWF around 4-5 years ago, but then I stopped playing brawl... Why? I don't really know.

I am from Melbourne, Australia and have decided to finally return to SSBB after quite a few years off.

In brawl, I generally go by the name: ←↑↓→, simply because I had never seen anyone else use arrows. I play as fox, and have tried multiple other characters, however I always seem to have issues with lack of speed. >.<

I get annoyed easily by incorrect punctuation / spelling, especially when people post text-walls with no formatting what so ever.

I am still in school, only 2 years left, and am somewhat still undecided on what I wish to do.

So short, basic introduction. ^^

John2k4

The End of an Era
Hey there everyone, I'm John2k4!
I've been playing Brawl for a couple years, but just recently got back into it when I attended a friendly tournament. Two of the Wiis there were using custom textures and everything for Brawl (Homebrew Wiis :) ), and that launched me back into Brawl.

So far (because of that tourney), I've almost filled a 2GB SD card with Brawl stuff, and have modded Wiis for a few friends. :p

Games I enjoy playing: Brawl(:p), Anything Bubble/Puzzle Bobble :awesome:, and Team Fortress 2.

From what I've seen, this is a great community here, so I don't really have any questions as of yet. ;)

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Played Smash since Melee, got into some minor tournaments in TX in the past year. All for funsies, never won any serious money. :p

Big G&W fan / player, and a fan of Gears as you'll see from my avatar. Two things. . .where should I post a moveset I made and where do I look for TX tournaments? ty :D

LinkSword

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm from Spain and a big Smash Bros. fan. I've been playing almost since Melee first went on sale and then I passionately welcomed Brawl. It's been about a year since I last played though, due to many more things getting in the way, my friends leaving the game aside, etcetera. Now I feel like playing again and am pretty excited to find good matches in this community. =)

One of my biggest hobbies is anime and manga. I've watched a lot and read quite a bit, and there's always something new and interesting to try next.

My favorite type of music is power metal and punk rock, although I also secretly love myself some classic pieces.

I have a black cat, my blood type is A+... Anything else? =P

Ganmaku

Smash Rookie
G'day!

I like to think I got pretty good at smash bros 1 & 2 however I rarely play Brawl mainly due to the fact I moved away from the friends whom I used to play with.

I'd very much like the occasional casual match and maybe even have a shot in one of these tournaments I've been reading about too. I'm based in Australia so I'm not sure how convenient that will be for a lot of you time wise though...

See you on the Forums!

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hi. I'm TheFirstPoppyBro (a.k.a. Poppy) and I've been playing Smash since I was seven. I love using the characters nobody else I know does (R.O.B, D3, G&W) and would enjoy the occasional match. I came to these forums very recently, but I joined because I would be around those who share my interest in Smash. Very glad to be a part of these forums. Nice to meet you all.

Piranha

Smash Rookie
Um hi.
I'm Chris, you can call me by my Brawl "in-game" username; Pira / Piranha or "Steel".
I've been nearly obsessed with the Smash series since Melee was released; so it's been quite a couple of years. I've only been to one tournament, however I got 2nd place and was quite proud of myself despite it only being one of those lame GameStop tournaments. xD

as for main characters, I usually use Wolf, however I also use Toon Link and Kirby for their famous "spikes".

I don't have a router with me at the moment, but feel free to PM me if you're up for a match later on!

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Hello I don't realy give my name to people I havent met yet so just call me Alex. I have joind this thread in hopes of playing with brawl online mode with friends if anyone wants to fight me pm me I use Luigi kirby and cpt falcon often

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Um hi.
I'm Chris, you can call me by my Brawl "in-game" username; Pira / Piranha or "Steel".
I've been nearly obsessed with the Smash series since Melee was released; so it's been quite a couple of years. I've only been to one tournament, however I got 2nd place and was quite proud of myself despite it only being one of those lame GameStop tournaments. xD

as for main characters, I usually use Wolf, however I also use Toon Link and Kirby for their famous "spikes".

I don't have a router with me at the moment, but feel free to PM me if you're up for a match later on!
Hello I don't realy give my name to people I havent met yet so just call me Alex. I have joind this thread in hopes of playing with brawl online mode with friends if anyone wants to fight me pm me I use Luigi kirby and cpt falcon often

Hello and welcome both Chris and Alex to SWF.

Since you're both looking for matches, go visit The Smashboards Arena for matches or just chat with fellow brawlers. Also, here's the User Guide. It's a great start-up guide for the forum. If any of you have any question regarding the site, please let me know. Once again, welcome to SWF and enjoy your stay!

musicpip

Smash Rookie
Hello my name is PiP. I have played smash since 64 and love brawl. I use almost any character but i tend to use Ganon, Zelda, or Snake. I recently just got back into smash after a few years of just playing friendlies with friends and have grown bored and want some fresh competition.

Rhema

Smash Rookie
Hi, I am rhema from nicaragua, if somebody want online brawl this is my fc 4212-4466-7903

SuperP

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!!! if you play competitive pokemon you might know me from Skarmbliss/Smogon forums (my username is Superpokemon67) but my favorite games have always been the Smash bros series. Melee was the first game I ever played/owned, and Brawl is by far my most played game. I'm am a Toon Link main, but I also dabble in Lucas, Pikachu, and Pokemon Trainer. I can't wait to play some of you guys, and hopefully I'll be a recognized force soon!!! :p

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody, I'm Wave-Guiding Hero, but you can call me Wave if you'd prefer. I'm from NorCal and I've been a diehard fan of Smash Bros. ever since Melee (first game I got for my at the time brand new Gamecube) and just recently decided to enter some tournaments and test out my skills.

I main Lucario (who I also have a possibly unhealthy obsession with), but I also enjoy playing Marth, Falco, and Bowser from time to time. I prefer to play Brawl, as Melee is too fast and execution-heavy for my tastes. I also like playing BlazBlue, Lost Planet 2 and MvC3, but I'm nowhere near as good at those games as I am in SSB.

If you're up for a match, PM me at any time!

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Hey everyone i joined about 2 weeks ago but iv only started being active now. im from Australia and and if you wanna add me as a friend just ad me and also send a PM iv you wanna brawl or just say hi leave a VM or a PM.

Cheers.....

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Hello my name is PiP. I have played smash since 64 and love brawl. I use almost any character but i tend to use Ganon, Zelda, or Snake. I recently just got back into smash after a few years of just playing friendlies with friends and have grown bored and want some fresh competition.
Heya :) Welcome to SWF PiP.

Love Brawl, huh? You should stop by the General Brawl Discussion board. Feel free to ask any questions you may have pertaining to Brawl, or just jump into the many different discussions available. There are also a couple threads to discuss Smash-4 if you are interested as well :). Or if you are more of a custom-content guy, there is the Brawl Workshop as well; you'll find Project M, Brawl-/+, and more there.

Fun choices in characters, you'll find discussion about each of them in their sections located:

here :ganondorf:
here :zelda:
here :snake:

If you want to play with others on the site, you should check out the Smashboards Arena. Just be sure to add your friend code to the "About Me" section in your profile for convenience.

Hi, I am rhema from nicaragua, if somebody want online brawl this is my fc 4212-4466-7903
Welcome Rhema :)

If you want to play with others on the site, you should check out the Smashboards Arena. You can also add your friend code to your postbit by adding it to the "About Me" section of your profile.

You should also check the Regional Zones board, you may find someone locally to play with. :p

Hello everyone!!! if you play competitive pokemon you might know me from Skarmbliss/Smogon forums (my username is Superpokemon67) but my favorite games have always been the Smash bros series. Melee was the first game I ever played/owned, and Brawl is by far my most played game. I'm am a Toon Link main, but I also dabble in Lucas, Pikachu, and Pokemon Trainer. I can't wait to play some of you guys, and hopefully I'll be a recognized force soon!!! :p
Welcome to the site, man.

Be sure to check the General Brawl boards for anything relating to Brawl. Ask questions, get answers, make movesets, or participate in discussion for Smash-4 games here.

If you have any questions about any of your main characters, you can discuss them with other people who main them in each of their sections:

Toon Link :toonlink:
Lucas :lucas:
Pikachu :pikachu2:
Pkmn Trainer :pt:

You can also check out our Pokemon section in the Poké Center.

Hey everybody, I'm Wave-Guiding Hero, but you can call me Wave if you'd prefer. I'm from NorCal and I've been a diehard fan of Smash Bros. ever since Melee (first game I got for my at the time brand new Gamecube) and just recently decided to enter some tournaments and test out my skills.

I main Lucario (who I also have a possibly unhealthy obsession with), but I also enjoy playing Marth, Falco, and Bowser from time to time. I prefer to play Brawl, as Melee is too fast and execution-heavy for my tastes. I also like playing BlazBlue, Lost Planet 2 and MvC3, but I'm nowhere near as good at those games as I am in SSB.

If you're up for a match, PM me at any time!
Welcome to the site Wave :bee:

Yay, good choice, I love Lucario :awesome:
You can discuss each character and meet other mains of those characters in each of their sections:

Lucario :lucario:
Marth :marth:
Falco :falco:
Bowser :bowser2:

Should also check the Brawl General if you should have any questions relating Brawl, or just want to discuss the game in general :)

Also sounds like you would be interested in the Light House. Discuss all kinds of games here; and also be sure to try and participate in the Light House Game Nights. Lots of fun, and you get fancy postbits for participating ;)

;D ♥

Hey everyone i joined about 2 weeks ago but iv only started being active now. im from Australia and and if you wanna add me as a friend just ad me and also send a PM iv you wanna brawl or just say hi leave a VM or a PM.

Cheers.....
Hiya welcome to SWF BC25 :)

If you're looking to play some Brawls with others, be sure to check in the Smashboards Arena. Good luck and have fun, man :bee:

-

:diddy:

PaulBlue

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm just some new guy looking to play some wifi brawls. If I ever feel confident enough I might join a tourney.

I've been playing Smash Bros since the N64 days, when I was just a little kid. :) I've only just recently discovered competitive Smash and I love the sound of it! I main Kirby and Zelda, but I play as a lot of other characters too, like Mario, Pokemon Trainer, and Peach, just to name a few.

Most of all, I'm here to have fun and get to know the community. :bee:

Herbron

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone I´m Herbron from Spain :3. I have been playing smash bros since meele came to Spain (Smash bros 64 It´s a litlle old from me to start with). I like to play with Fox and Pikachu, but the character with I have been playing since the begining is Fox. I´m my smash group I was the first who show the game to the rest X3 (in my firends group there are a Falco, Sheik, Ness, Kirby, Link, etc players)
I came here in order to find people who likes smash of course and share knowlegde and try to be pro someday :3

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet
A couple of things ITT: where can I post a full moveset and how do I get more friends :lol:

I'm a little obsessive-compulsive about collecting friends, on Facebook and now SWF.

trough

Smash Rookie
Hello! :D
I am known as "trough" and "troff." I have played SSB since the first edition on N64, but I never actually owned a copy of it myself until Brawl. Therefore, Brawl is my game. I think I probably SUCK compared to everyone here though! I am still frequently defeated by level 9 CPU's

Recently I realized through playing random wifi matches that there is more skill involved than I had thought. When I searched for some information online, I found it was way over my head!
"First DI, then SHFFL into the corner where you DACUS your opponent!" (dramatization)
... ???

So I am really happy to now find this lovely community!
I main Falco, previously Mr. Game & Watch. I hope to improve and hopefully become involved with the SSB community, if that's okay with you guys :)

Regards,
trough

Kitto

Smash Rookie
Hi,my name is Kitto.I'm actually not new to Super Smash Bros,have been playing since I was 5-6 years old on the Nintendo 64.Back then all I did was mindlessly play SSB with my friends subconsciously creating tactics that I wasn't even aware of and getting fairly good at the game.Now I'm trying to step it up and find good matches,tips,and tactics/techniques that will improve my fighting :).

TheFel9

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, another new guy here.

I've been lurking on these boards since the pre-brawl days but I could no longer contain my urge to join. I can't really explain what it was that "pushed me over the edge" but I'm here now so who cares, right?

I've been a fan of the Smash series since it's birth and is certainly looking forward to the next instalment(s). I'm not much of competitve player (and I probably suck at it) but I do like to talk about the games. :)

So, that's me. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Hello and welcome Orbo!

Don't be shy, just be active, open and post in threads that suit you. Here's the Melee Discussion thread for you: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

If you have any questions about the site or anything else, feel free to ask me. Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay here.

Hello and welcome to SWF Zoo!

Glad to see that your active after 2 years. Hacking troubleshoot link? Can you be more specific? VM me your question.

Also if you have any questions about the site or anything else, feel free to ask me. Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay here.
just a TAD late lol but thank you. I am enjoying my stay here thus far

Aminie

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new in this AWESOME forum, (Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm new >.<) So yea, I hope I enjoy my stay and I hope I make new friends and get to play Brawl with other people!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ahhh, I feel bad responding to all the posts from a week ago, but hello! If you have questions just go ahead and ask.

And hey Aminie! Don't worry, you got the right place.
Oh and you too trough, I see you there.

1upmuffin

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm 1upmuffin, I've played Smash Bros since I was a wee lad, and I found about this site recently so I figured I'd join and discuss one of my favorite game series with other people who really like the Smash Bros series.

I play games on a bunch of different systems but Nintendo ones have always been my favorite, because of the fantastic local multiplayer games. I feel like whenever I hang out with my friends we always play Super Smash Brothers, it's both competitive or complete silly fun depending on how you feel like playing.

Games I've been playing recently include a lot of Gears of War 3, some ICO & Shadow of the Collosus Collection, and League of Legends.

Besides gaming I like to read, I fence, and I play guitar and bass.

I'm happy to join the forums and be a part of this community. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom