• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Howdy. After already getting into a couple discussions, people may know me. For those who don't, I am the G0LD3N L0TUS and I'm a smash speculator on Youtube. My channel has the same name, with the exception of lacking a space.

I am a supporter of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. My favourite franchises would include Fire Emblem, Mother, and Pokémon.

townes

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone. My name is Townes. I'm in school up at West Point, NY, but for about a month this summer, I'm home in Laguna Beach, CA. My parents just moved here. I like melee, brawl, and PM, but melee is definitely my first love and the only game I really enjoy playing. I watch melee videos on youtube constantly, it's pretty sad, but good players are fun to watch. I AM TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE TO SMASH WITH that is close enough to me to be able to drive to. Like I said I'm in the Laguna Beach area, and since we just moved here I don't know a single person which is tragic since I'm itching to play some smash. Hoping someone could help me out or tell me where I can meet other smashers from my area. Thanks everyone

CandyPop

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I go by the tag CandyPop. I'm a wifi player from Fresno, CA that is eager to improve and learn more about Smash as a whole. I'm an Olimar main and I sub half the cast. One day I hope to travel around my state and play at smashfests and the like and eventually to travel more for the sake of Smash. I don't know of any offline scene here so I am secluded to wifi. If you live in my area message me here, maybe we can play :)

KOAN

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, my name is KOAN (Noah). I just joined this site and am hella excited to get to know everyone! II live in SoCal and play melee (used to play brawl, not anymore though). I'm in the Woodland Hills, Tarzana, Calabasas, Westlake, Thousand Oaks, etc area. I've never been to any (melee) tournaments but I play religiously with my friends. I'd like to go to tournaments but haven't found any close enough to go to since I don't drive :p. This is a great community that I have been following for a while and want to get started! If anyone knows tournaments I can get to without much hassle it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys. Gonna be loads of fun!

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Hello, my name is Pika Kong (Charles) and I joined this site to get to know more people. I am a fan of many Gaming Franchises: Mario, Pac-Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, All 3 Smash Bros games, Marvel vs Capcom, Zoo Tycoon, Star Fox 64 (never played the other games), Donkey Kong, and the immensely overrated Pokémon.

I am a slightly below average player and I can't beat some of my friends online; I even lose to the cruddiest characters like Zelda or Samus and keep losing the same strategy spammed. I cannot play as Donkey Kong, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Yoshi, or even Meta Knight that well and commonly lose with them. I am hoping for online mentors to exchange friend codes with so I can learn exactly what I am dong wrong and overcome my problems, particularly from top players who won at least one tournament if possible. My mains are: :diddy: :dedede: :pikachu2: :dk2: :olimar: :toonlink: :ness: :sonic: :ivysaur: :charizard: (I suck with :squirtle:)

PM me if anybody would be willing to help me out!

SSBrian

Smash Rookie
Hi everybody, i am new of this forum but i already played ssb and ssbm. Actually i just want to play SSB 64 by p2p and i joined the forum just for this :awesome:.
I would like to stay in contact with the European and USA ssb64 players for some smashing old style :smirk:.

Kokirian

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, just signed up. I love playing Smash Brothers. My favorite franchises are Zelda, MGS, and Metroid. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Dr4gonBlitz

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, I'm Dr4gonBlitz. I'm new to SmashBoards. I love competitive Brawl. I tried to get into Melee but it's so complicated for me. I live in Orlando Florida, Near UCF. If anyone in the area can help me with pro tips and some mentoring, maybe play some friendlies with me, I would greatly appreciate if you message me.

#Setu

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am Setu and I used to be serious about SSBB but then I kinda went "inactive" and I'm back again :D

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Greetings, I am Game&Watcher.
I have played the Smash Bros Series ever since I could remember and am looking forward to the fourth installment's trailer at E3 (and Project M's next public demo). I usually play as :gw:, :mariomelee: , and :kirby2: in normal Brawl, and :mariomelee:, :warioc:, and :lucario: in P:M (Demo v2.5) (unintentional order, but livable). I on occasion, though, use other characters, but I usually use these guys.

CosmoNaughtilus

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I'm CosmoNaught(ilus).
I've been casually playing Smash since it first came out, and am getting to learn the basics of Melee and Melee. I love to play as :lucario: in Project M, and I am torn between :sheik: and :popo: in Melee. Eagerly awaiting EVO this year, it's gonna be hype!

Stephen Pika 34

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone... I just signed up. The biggest reason is because I am looking to meet other people from the East Tennessee area who would want to play melee. Thanks everyone!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Welcome one and all to Smashboards. We're glad to have you all join the forums. You'll find that this is quite possibly the biggest Smash Bros. community in the world, with members spanning many continents. Feel free to navigate the boards and discuss various topics, whether it's roster discussions in the Smash 4 board, metagames in the Smash 64, Melee and Brawl boards, or other gaming in the Light House. The Pool Room is also available for topics that doesn't already have their own board as well. If you have any difficulty navigating the forums, feel free to ask moderator, administrator, or member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee for assistance. Until then, we hope you all enjoy your stay here at Smashboards, and remember to pay no mind to the occasional troll. Also, please do not respond to spam/advertisement threads; report them instead. Finally, please keep your belongings secure, as Smashboards are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

Tysonyoshi

Smash Rookie
Hey! My names Tysonyoshi (Some of my buddies in other gaming communities like to call me Toshi and my irl name is Martin :p) and I've been playing Brawl for about 3 years now and I'm getting back into it now mixing it in with my playing of Minecraft. Me mostly having noone to play with I usually go against my sister (who spams squall hammer or rock kirby) who I beat 9/10 times or go for 1v1s Competitive rules against level 9's.

I'll get my FC up tomorrow when I get the chance, my wiis in my basement so I might lag alot and I do want to see how good I am against humans as a Nunchuck user

My mains are Yoshi, Lucas, and I'm teaching my self Jiggly. :3

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Hello y'all, Crocovile's the name. been watching this board for a long time and decided it was finally time to join in on the fun, hope to get along with you guys.

I'm mostly a casual player (I've never wavedashed or L-cancelled once in my life)

Mains: Sonic, Fox, Falco

ShowdownBro721

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name's ShowdownBro721 (Showdown for short)! I am an art student pursuing a career in writing and illustrating comic books and graphic novels. In addition, I also take my art into other territories, such as 3D Modeling/Animation and even texture hacks in games!

I absolutely love the Smash Bros. series as one of my all-time favorite multiplayer games! I haven't been to many tournaments, but I have been to a lot of parties that had it! My mains for all three games are (feel free to laugh at this) Mario/Dr. Mario and Donkey Kong (the "Arcade Archenemies" as I call it).

Nova.

Smash Rookie
Hello. My name is (Nova) and I dream to become a Pokemon master by collecting all the Digimon in the world of Scribblenauts.

>I play ZSS and Meta Knight.
>I'm 17 and live in Michigan.
>I probably wont even go on here much but I'm making this account to secure my godly nametag.
> Remember it.

shir0kami

Smash Rookie
Hello,
I reside in the Philippines and would like to know the current status of the local SSB scene.

I have been a long time casual player of Smash Brothers since the n64 version.
Though in all honesty I seem to have more of an inclination for brawl now over melee.
Recently I have been looking at tournament videos and have decided I would want to play this on a more competitive level.
I main Zelda and Marth.

I play a lot of fighting games and participate in tournaments for Guilty Gear, Blazblue.
I have also assisted in hosting and running fighting game tournaments locally.

With the release of the new game looming over the horizon, I wish that I could meet those who regularly hold casuals/ranbats for brawl or melee locally.
I'd want to organize tournaments and events to totally hype up the local community.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Greetings, Smash World Forums! I suppose I should tell you a bit about myself.

I have gone by many names. Some of you may sparsely recognize me from the pennames of Sarki or Nintendude. But here, I would prefer to be called Captain Hotcakes.

Super Smash Bros. is one of my all-time favorite Nintendo franchises and video game franchises of all time. Ever since Melee, I have had an attachment with this Nintendo crossover. I certainly do not consider myself a casual player as I am pretty competent with each game. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a pro either as I don't play at a professional level and I never attended a tourney or con in my life (Though I want to attend one badly. It sounds like so much fun!) Overall, you could say I am an intermediate Smash player. By joining Smashboards, I hope to learn to sharpen my skills and learn more about the professional Smash scene.

I come here straggling along the caboose of the Super Smash Bros. 4 hype train! E3 2013 is only 4 days away by the time of this posting. I am just as excited as the rest of you are. And while the speculation is still hot, I'm looking forward to the jokes, memories, and debates along the way. I dunno about you, but arguing with fanboys on the Internet sure is exhilarating (Using the term 'fanboy' lightly of course.)

Some other things about me? My favorite Nintendo franchises are Mario, Kirby, Animal Crossing, and of course, Super Smash Brothers. I've played just about every video game genre there is. My main focus is on fighters and RPGs. Some fighters I've recently played are UMvC3 and Skullgirls. Did I mention I also play League of Legends? I will be entering college come this fall and my current focus is on game design. However, I also pursue creative writing. I mainly write fanfiction and I have some original ideas floating in my cranium that I hope to explore on digital paper soon. I am a budding artist on Miiverse as well, for those of you who own a Wii U. My NNID is Sarki241. ;)

My profile ATM is quite bare. But over the next few days I hope to embellish it. I look forward to posting on the community and playing games with you guys. Don't bite me now!

LoveandBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lithiums
~LoveandBacon

Hello! Y'all can call me Bacon, since that is the name I use in-game~ I am 17 and live in the Chicago area, and although I may be listed as a smash rookie, I am a very good player ^_^ I've played the smash series for years, and I'm just now joining this site. So if anyone would like to brawl, add my friend code and let me know to add yours :p

Marth addict

Smash Rookie
Hi there :v I main Marth. I used to play this and melee a lot but only recently got back into it so i wanted to play as many people as I can.

Jumprope

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone!
I'm not a particularly skilled player, but I do know my way around some competitive strategies and terms. I main Marth, simply because I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan. Luckily enough for me, it seems he's ranked fairly high in Smash tiers.
I'd be happy to play with anyone over Wi-Fi. For connection purposes, I'm in California, U.S.

Also, I go by the same name of "Jumprope" across several other online forums and such. If you think you do recognize me, your intuition is probably right.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Hello!

I've been lurking on these forums to hear all the SSB gossip leading up to the Nintendo direct event, since it's getting announced tomorrow, I thought I might as well join in on all the fun!
I used to be an avid Brawl player and a big Wii fan until my TV decided to date it with gravity as its wingman.
I've never been much of a tourney player and know nothing of any lingo or tactics, but I'll happily play with any friends who wish to duel!

Skiwage

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

I first gained my interest in Smash from playing a little 64 but it was mostly Melee that really got me into the series.
Also since the next title is going to be shown tomorrow, I thought I might as well see what takes place here.

Youtroid

Smash Cadet
Hello~
I joined as a member of this forums 6 years ago and left 4 years ago. It's been a while, and as I was rather young at the time, so I have no recollection of my password. For the past year and a half I have been lurking the forums on and off, seeing what people have to say, and looking into some information about certain subjects. With the Smash 4 trailer just on the horizon I figured I'd actually introduce myself before it happened. My name is Trevor and I am 18, 19 in a few days. I generally play Brawl as that is what my friend group and I enjoy. I main Toon Link but also play a lot of other characters. Super Smash Brothers has been my favourite video game series since a little under a year after Melee was released. Here with my friends I actually used to run a monthly Brawl tournament, however; as of very recently it has become every other month. We are of varied levels, but there are four of us who are at the top, myself included. We are nowhere near being "good" at the game, but we definitely are at least of a decent skill level. I also occasionally run some other video game tournaments, but in terms of Smash I have run 32 1v1 Brawl tournaments, 4 2v2 Brawl tournaments, and 1 1v1 Melee tournament. I've also attended two poorly run Brawl tournaments, and three fairly well run Brawl tournaments at a convention called MAGfest. At any rate, I hope to stick around and enjoy Smash with all of the community. :)

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
Greetings!

I have been a lurker for a while, and with the hype of the SSB4 trailer finally showing at E3, now seemed like the right time to join. My name is Alex, and I hail from the Twin Cities area. Recently turned 21 (woo) and am pursuing a BS in IT.

When I was younger, I was just about the only one in my friend group without a 64, and by extension, Super Smash Bros. I was in love with the game, however, and we played it all the time. It was no different when Melee came out, and when I finally got a Gamecube of my own in 2004, Melee was the first game I got! I spend most of my gaming free time playing Brawl nowadays with my one friend who is as obsessed with the series as I am, and recently acquired the P:M mod which has become my new focus. At the start of the year, I started following the competitive scene as well as the mod scene. When I can, I am practicing some of the more advanced techniques with the hope that I may someday compete at a regional level, but that is still a looong ways away.

I'm very excited to geek out about my favorite series with others of a like mind. See ya on the forums!

P.S. Not that anyone cares, but I am working on an avatar.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello everyone and welcome to Smashboards!

I'm glad you can join us on this new transition to the new Smash. In case you joined due to Kerfuffle, here's the main section of it.

http://smashboards.com/categories/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-and-wii-u.289/

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay.

P.S: If you need directions or have questions, feel free to ask me for help!

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
Apparently I've been registered here.

Oh well, this is me actually...forum-ing I guess lol.

I'm PreacherDudeRox, but you can call me David... or PDR.

I preach, sing, rap, design, draw, and love Miley Cyrus.

I love this series so much - for some reason my main has been Falco forever, so I anticipate that for the next SSB.

CodyOdyO

Smash Cadet
My name is Cody, and I've officially boarded the hype train.

Actually... I've taken place in several other forums that haven't been Smashboards before, but I slowly became inactive in them. Due to the upcoming release, and the latest trailers from E3 I can officially say that I want to get involved with communities.

I'm weird, because I prefer Brawl over Melee (My bad), but the Smash series has been one of my favorites since I began to play the first one shortly after it's release. I've been Smashing since kindergarten.

My main hope is to get involved with conversations about the upcoming Smash game, and maybe play the occasional Wifi match here and there (I live in the Midwest, so that's about all I can do).

Personal information about me now: I've been playing drums for a few years now, and currently play in a band. We play hardcore music (I'm sure some are very against it, but to each their own), and I'm currently in the works of a side project with my rhythm guitarist. Something a lot less heavy and a bit easier on the ears. There's an average-quality EP that we're expecting to release here soon. As for the side project it's at an early stage.

Anyway, I hope that's enough of an introduction for people. I also hope that my low post count isn't frowned upon. :p

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

I love this series so much - for some reason my main has been Falco forever, so I anticipate that for the next SSB.
Hello and welcome PDR to SWF!

My name is Cody, and I've officially boarded the hype train.

Actually... I've taken place in several other forums that haven't been Smashboards before, but I slowly became inactive in them. Due to the upcoming release, and the latest trailers from E3 I can officially say that I want to get involved with communities.

I'm weird, because I prefer Brawl over Melee (My bad), but the Smash series has been one of my favorites since I began to play the first one shortly after it's release. I've been Smashing since kindergarten.

My main hope is to get involved with conversations about the upcoming Smash game, and maybe play the occasional Wifi match here and there (I live in the Midwest, so that's about all I can do).

Personal information about me now: I've been playing drums for a few years now, and currently play in a band. We play hardcore music (I'm sure some are very against it, but to each their own), and I'm currently in the works of a side project with my rhythm guitarist. Something a lot less heavy and a bit easier on the ears. There's an average-quality EP that we're expecting to release here soon. As for the side project it's at an early stage.

Anyway, I hope that's enough of an introduction for people. I also hope that my low post count isn't frowned upon. :p
Don't worry about the low post count, everyone started off low in the beginning and it's no big deal.

Anyways, welcome to SWF Cody!

Run DMX

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm Run DMX. My lower back hurts. I have no air conditioning in my car. I'm going to Evo.

Yes, I'm aware the only relevant thing there was Evo~ x33

Nah, seriously, I loved Melee since I was a wee lad and learned how to play "competitively" in 2007... even though I never knew anybody around my area who did play competitively :(. Now I realize how moronic I was that I never made an account on here and noticed that there is a whole community around my area >.>. Thank you, Strong Bad. But yeah, this community is the greatest :)

Sir Sqweege

Smash Rookie
Hello :D, i am the Sqweege ! I've been going to this site for many years but never took the time to make an account and be known in the community. I'm a very social and friendly person and i love talking to people, i've been a musician for 10 years now and in my free time me and my friends get together and play games, usually melee, anyway i'm excited to join the community and be an active member :)!

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Ellos. My name is Toph. I'm a big fan of Smash Brothers and have been playing since the beginning. I've recently come out of a hiatus since finishing college and am excited to get back into the Smash Community. I am looking forward to Smash 3DS and plan on being a regular there, but I'll try my best to be active on other forums as well. I also love Professional Wrestling, Anime, and Daft Punk music. Its a pleasure to be here.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

Wow, PDR between meeting you today and ablon last week it's been years since I've seen anyone from TREZ.

-louman7777777

Cleon

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm Cleon, or Cody (is my real name), and have been a long time Smash fan since the first one on N64. My favorite Smash is definitely the original Smash N64 (then melee, then brawl). I've never played in a Smash tournament or been in the competitive scene but my brother and I and his and my friends would always play and compete against each other (Melee and then in Brawl). But about a year after Brawl released a lot of my bro's friends moved away and we stopped playing. About two years ago I saw some competitive Smash 64 videos on youtube and got playing again but with the 64 version (sadly I don't have the friend group to play with like we used to have, occasionally my brother will play some matches but that's about it) and man do I love it. I've been practicing a lot lately and hope to enter the 64 competitive scene. I'd say my main is Luigi right now. If the new Wii and 3DS Smashes are really good I'll definitely get competitive with those as well, really pumped for them right now. Not sure about competitive Melee or Brawl, I think I'm just gonna focus on 64 for awhile.

Anyways, excited to be a part of this community!

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Hello people!
I guess I should do a brief introduction:

Name everywhere on the internet: smashbrolink
Male.
Is NOT bilingual.[English speaker only]
Straight and taken.
Personality: Friendly, sometimes shy, sometimes overly defensive, stubborn and resolute in my beliefs, doesn't like conflict.
Easily confused by math.[Math and I do not see Eye to Pi.]
Fighter-of-choice: Link.[all versions, including the upcoming ones]
Secondary: Mario and Luigi[64], Young Link and Marth[Melee], Toon Link and Pit[Brawl]

Fighting style: Instinctive-aggressive.
Favorite kind of battle: Medium-sized stage, stock match of AT LEAST 5 lives, light amount of items but okay without them.[mostly joke items such as bumpers, bananas, etc, for fun]

Pet Peeve: Overly-complicated advanced techs, case in point: Wave Shine. Any technique that requires an abnormal amount of dexterity training isn't something I want to see in my Smash games. A few high-level techs are fine, but stuff as complicated as Wave Shining shouldn't exist.[or at the very least, should not be so effective]
The more accessible the high-end techniques are, the more rivals I will have to enjoy matches with, the better my mental combat skills will become[thus affecting my skill in-game], and the happier I'll be.

Nintendo Network ID: smashbrolink

Please feel free to add me; I'm always glad to message back and forth on Miiverse. No video calls until I'm familiar with you, please.^_^

Saturn

Smash Rookie
Hello my name is Saturn and I'm a 22 year old gaymer from Kansas. I currenlty own a Wii U and 3DS and I plan on getting a PS4 on launch. I will also be getting both versions of SSB next year. I look forward to being a regular here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom