• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukfa

Smash Rookie
NNID
ukfa13
3DS FC
4828-3961-1520
Hi Everyone!

I'm a French gamer from the Caribbean, I've been playing Smash for years since the original, but I've only started playing competitively in the last year or two. I've been way into Pokemon and Animal Crossing as well lately. Nice to meet you all! :)

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Hello!

As you can see, I'm RadRedi. I'd say I'm an intermediate Smash player. My general circle of friends doesn't really get into the competitive side of Super Smash Bros, but there are quite a few of us who get into it more so than others.

My first SSB experience was when my family rented Melee from Blockbuster way back when. It was originally just a casual form of entertainment that my brother and I would rent on and off, but when we found out that there were more unlockable characters than JUST Jigglypuff (we were young, and the Internet wasn't what it is today, if I remember correctly), we were absolutely mesmerized.

Eventually, my brother got the game from our Uncle Tom for Christmas. I remember unlocking the likes of Luigi, Mewtwo, Marth, Roy, etc. for the first time, and being completely astonished as bit after bit of Nintendo history was mine to control. We had grown up more on the Sony side of the tracks, so discovering these characters was all the more magical, especially for a kid. And even though I knew nothing about Mr. Game and Watch, his originality was enough for me to make him my first main.

Later in life, I tried out the original for the 64, which was a mistake, because it was so different than Melee. Melee was such a step up that I had to put forth more effort than necessary to actually enjoy the game.

Years passed, and I got Brawl. I played it, beat it, loved it, but then my Wii, an original model, decided to do the whole "Wait! I can't read multi-layered discs!" thing I've heard so much about.

Now, there's a fourth game, and that's how I found out about Smashboards: finding as much information about Sm4sh as I could. And now after about a month of being a Guest, I finally joined.

I tend to ramble, obviously. I'll try not to do that too much.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Greetings, You can just call me "Moonlapse" for short. I've been playing Smash since I was about 9 years old, and I'm 19+ now, so it's been about ten and a half years. I've been playing "competitively", as in studying the in - depth mechanics of the game via smash wiki/smashboards (guest user) as well as using what I've learned in online matches for about a year and a half.

I'm pretty good, but I'm no professional by any stretch of the imagination. I main Ganon in Brawl. As my signature tells you, Ganondorf and I share one ideal in common, and that's that while tier list are certainly accurate, (for the most part) they are like a tower of Jenga; very easily toppling down and being rebuilt completely different. ANY character can overcome the odds with enough skill. Ganon is bottom of the tier list, and he's by far my best character.

As for my personal life, I listen to ALOT of metal. Everything from Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Hypocrisy, Katatonia, Insomnium, etc. etc. etc. I watch craploads of anime. My favorites being the big three.

I hope I'll be welcome. =) I live in the EST timezone of the US (Florida) and I'm on Basic Brawl almost everyday at random times.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Hey fellow Smashers!

My name's Good Guy Giygas, but you can call me something shorter if you like. If you couldn't already tell, I really like the Earthbound/MOTHER series, it's definitely my favorite series to date. I also enjoy Sonic, Mario, Golden Sun, Metal Gear Solid, Megaman, and many more.

I'm a pretty good smash player and have lots of fond memories playing these games. I'm really looking forward to the new game, I can barely contain my excitement. The first time I played a Smash game was in preschool, over at my friend's house. It was Melee. This game holds a special place in my heart and I have countless memories of playing it when I was growing up. (I'm now 17 and still play Brawl frequently.)

Like I said, I'm a pretty player, as long as I get to use a good 'ol GameCube controller! In Brawl, I main as Lucas, Ike, Sonic, Ness, Mr. G&W, and Falco. I like to have a variety of characters that I'm good at so I don't get too bored by playing only one character. But my bests are definitely Lucas, Ike, and Mr. Game and Watch. Mr. G&W was the only person I ever played as in Melee, when I was little I had no idea who he was, I just thought he was a really character. And then I got really good at him. When I first got Brawl, I really got into playing as two of the starting characters, Ike and Lucas.

I don't really know what else to say, but I'm glad to be here on Smashboards! :b:

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. I believe I once introduced myself on this site before, but now that I moved to my new town of Wausau, WI, I believe it is time to tell this land so I may find people in the area. Send me a message if you are in that area or know someone who is!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hello everyone!

I'm Arcanir, I've been a smash fan since the 64 days but for the most part I've been posting on other boards before seeing this one. I like the community here and I'm glad I joined, I hope I can contribute to the community!

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Hey, I'm Gormanbros. I've been a long time reader on Smashboards, and I thought that, since I have quite a few opinions on Smash 4, that I'd join the site and contribute. Melee was actually the very first video game I ever played. Since then, I've loved the series, but didn't actually devote time to getting good at Smash Bros. until late last year. So, I'm glad to finally be a part of this community. :)

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Hey there!

My name is Ephecus and I have played Smash since its first reincarnation on the Nintendo 64. I have followed this forum for quite a while as a reader and decided to join as a member today since Smash 4 has been announced for quite a while and the forum seems to be pretty active.

My favorite series apart from Smash Bros. is the Advance Wars series, made by Intelligent Systems.
My favorite Smash character is R.O.B.

I'm looking forward to future games and conversations. :)

TheOmnigamer

Smash Rookie
First post in a welcome thread... well that definitely seems appropriate. Name's Omni. I've been a fan of Smash since the original. Was the first of my friends to pick it up day one, and it has been a treat ever since. Currently hooked on Brawl once again, and probably will be for at least the next few months. I'm not really more than just a casual player when it comes to the game itself, but hey, it's all about the fun, is it not? I came across this site because of the many coding tutorials to be found, and I look forward to learning more through the users here ^_^! Thanks for having me :)

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hello to all! I'm SchAlternate and an eternal Smash Bros fan! I'm here to look around the place and maybe talk about stuff, or just play some Smash with other people. Not much else, really.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Hello NewtSonic, Ukfa, RadRedi, Moonlapse, Good Guy Giygas, CrossfadingRage, Arcanir, Gormanbros, Ephecus, Omni, SchAlternate, and Bui!

I'm new to this forum and it's great to meet you all. I've played Smash Bros since 1999 and am still an avid player of the series.

I made a bio for myself on SmashWiki, so you can read all about my smash quirks there. ^.^

If you're in the Seattle area, let me know! It would be fun to play you in a game of Smash sometime!

TheOk4mi

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone!

So, as you can see my name is TheOk4mi.
I'm 17 years old and I'm from Germany. My real name is Dennis.
I'm a competetive Smasher and I play Melee mostly.
Brawl and Smash 64 just for fun.
I'm pretty much a newcomer in the competetive Smash scene, but I'm not that bad :p
My Falco is pretty much standard you can say.
I play Melee for over 7 years now, but I never saw the AT's and stuff like that.
I know about AT's like two years and since then I try to improve myself.

I just started traveling through Germany for some Smash action and I really like it.
One day, I want to be at EVO, or APEX. I have high goals, some may say that they are impossible, but I'll keep sticking to my goals :D
Anyway, at the moment I'm still in school.
I don't know about next year, maybe I'll move to Japan or even America for one year.
If I'm in America, I definetly want to check out the Smash scene here :D
My Life is pretty average aswell, I'm just a teenage boy who grew up with video games.
My mom said, I could play Super Mario before I could even walk :p
I want to finish my school and maybe I want study Information Technologie.

Some German People may recognize me, from the Germansmashboard ^^
So, feel free to ask me stuff or add me if you want to :D

Till then, have a nice day :D

greetings, Ok4mi

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Hi everyone,

I'm NickerBocker, but you can call me Nick. Im 20 and I live in Calgary, AB. I am taking geomatics engineering at the University of Calgary, and I am hoping to work with navigation technologies in the future. I am fascinated by science and innovation.

I have been a smash bros fan since the beginning, I remember playing the game for the first time when I was little, seeing the familiar faces like mario, link and kirby, and becoming excited over the selection. It introduced me to new nintendo franchises that I probably wouldnt have heard of for a few years. I dont live and breathe Smash, but it is my favorite series of games. I like alot of nintendo franchises as well.

I like to think im a good player, but ive never been too into the smash community. I played SSB until melee came out, which I played until I got a wii and SSBB (pretty much the reason I got a wii in the first place.)
I would also like to mention that I love speculation, and I like debating. I have been browsing this site for the last few months and finally decided to make an account. I feel I can contribute to threads and discussion with in depth analysis. I should be updating my Wii and 3DS info here soon, so feel free to add me up.

Cheers! :awesome:

-Nick

Ast

Smash Rookie
Hi i'm Ast, a newbie Melee Smasher from NorCal. I started off playing SSBM on an emulator after watching a bunch of tournament sets/friendlies in which the game piqued my interest about two months ago. Recently I picked up a copy of the game in hopes of playing competitively.

SethPost

Smash Rookie
Ohio (currently Northeast, soon to be Southwest)
3DS FC
1289-9204-3061
Hey, the name's Seth. I've been playing Smash Bros. since the original on N64. Though I've been playing for awhile I have never been to any sort of tournament with more skilled players, so I'm trying to get more info about tournaments through this site (as well as meet fellow Smash-ers!) I live in the Northeast Ohio area but will be going to school in the Southwest Ohio area for the 2013-2014 school year. Message me on here if you live around the areas I mentioned and are interested in attending / hosting tournaments or would just like to do some Smashing (or message me on Facebook profile [URL located on my Smashboards profile] -- I'm much more proficient at navigating that site than this one).

BarlessPianist

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! I'm Barless Pianist, or sometimes Bar for short. I've been putting off making a Smash Boards account for a while, but with Evo coming up the hype got the better of me.

I am a musician, a Marth main, and an awkward place between a competitive and casual player. I feel a bit late to the melee party for comp play, but maybe with the new Smash I'll have a fresh start.

I'm gonna try to be active here, but I've never been a fan of forums. However, for Smash I can make an exception.

Hope to see y'all around!

Shoujax

Smash Rookie
I am a major newb at ssb and tend to lose most, if not all, of my matches. I asked a brawl player how to improve my skill at playing and was directed to this site, though I have no idea where to start. I also tend to be a slow learner so it'll probably take me awhile before i'm any good. I would, however, like to eventually become a competitive player. i'm also from Anchorage, Alaska.

GearShifter

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm GearShifter. From Long Island, NY, trying to get into the competitive scene. Mainly a Brawler as a Wolf/Pikachu main, but been playing Smash since N64.
Really an intermediate player. Destroy all of my friends when we play (they're all pretty serious smashers), but kind of get wrecked in tournament. Placed pretty well in my university's tournaments.
But anyway, nice to meet you guys, excited to get more into the competitive scene.

MR.GAME AND WATCH GUY

Smash Cadet
NNID
HelloImAToad
3DS FC
3368-3416-0761
hello there fellow smashers im new here so..how are you all? also i play melee and brawl mainly i am also brony so a /) to all of you all my fav and main is mr. G&W so...yeah :)

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
Hello!
I joined this forum because i wanted someone to speak to smash about, since my buddies havent been talking that much lately.
I hope to become a part of the community!
Also I kinda messed up my name it was supposed to be "MindRanger" instead of the spaced "Mind Ranger".....

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome you six to Smashboards!

If you have any questions about the site or navigation, feel free to ask me.

Havok417

Smash Rookie
Hi, all.

My names Havok. I'm from Southwest Florida, just recently moved to the Northwest, Washington to be specific. It's been a while since I played Smash seriously, though I've been playing for a long while. I've never entered the tournament scene due to my age and the time frame at which I really started getting competitive. I have played with a few known names from the Florida scene such as QueenDVS, RockCrock, etc. I'm certainly open to anyone in the Seattle area looking to play. I only seriously played Melee, though I do enjoy playing Brawl. With Melee, I main Samus. With Brawl, I main Marth. I'm out of practice, but I'm riding a high from watching EVO2K13. Nice to be back.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I signed up on Smashboards a LONG time ago, but I was in middle school back then, and huge noob. So I'll probably get a new account eventually, but until then, I'm back!

ZecaOMestre

Smash Apprentice
Hello! Ever since the announcement of the new Super Smash Bros I've been checking Smashboards to see discussions about the new games. I'm from Brazil so my English is not very good and I don't have a full undestrandment on Competitive Gaming of Super Smash Bros, but I hope to learn something while here

MiguelAgom

Smash Rookie
Miguel here from California. Been gone from playing Melee for a while but I want to get good again! hope to meet some people close to my area to make that happen!

mgets

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i'm Mike, been playing SSB since I started gaming which was when I was about 4. I love the game series and am passionate about it and the development of its competitive scene!

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Hey, name is Ixbran. As as Smash Bros friend i'm more of a casual player. I enjoy the game as a party game, more than as a competitive fighter. I always keep all items on, and the wonky stages such as the Wario Ware stage in Brawl, are some of my personal favorites. I prefer the games story mode, over multi player, so that's where I spend most of my time: in Subspace Emissary.

I enjoy it as a game and try not to get into debates over "who is Best character", or stuff like that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I believe people should be respected for their opinions, not attacked for them. So I am more than willing to partake in casual conversation over whom we enjoy to use. But the second someone tells me that the character they like is best, just for the sake of starting an argument, or 'debate', the conversation will already already over.

Hot Toffee

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm Toffee, an aspiring tournament organizer from Eastern Washington State.

I ran 3 events last year at my university. I am working on building a community and getting new people into the game. I was wondering if there was a forum where I could talk to other organizers and community builders? I am looking to share my own experiences and hopefully get feedback and general advice from people organizing the game for a while. ^_^

Arisan

Smash Rookie
Hi! I joined smash boards several months ago but got caught up in life stuff so never got around to introducing myself. :(
I'm Blink, used to be Ari but that's retired now. I headed a small smash group in central New York (just some friends) but had to move down to Florida due to living circumstances. I play SSBM primarily and main Link, second MewTwo. I pride myself on a very technical game and playing Link in Fox and sheik: the video game. XD (No offence fox and sheik players. Great characters)
I live in South West Florida now and would love to find some groups around me to play with. I am definitely willing to travel and would love to work on becoming ready for tourny play!

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Hey, everyone. You all may call me Bman if you'd like, you know, for short. Anyway, I've been a fan of the Smash Bros. series ever since I was little. I remember walking through Wal-Mart as a little boy, and seeing Melee behind the glass container in the gaming aisle. Good times. I'm only 15, so I'm not very familiar with the N64 version, I haven't even played it, in fact. Still, I was lurking around the Net, and stumbled upon this forum site a month or so ago. I finally decided to join in on the fun. My main is definitely Kirby in Melee and Brawl. I also enjoy Capt. Falcon, Ness, Toon Link, Meta Knight, Lucario, Mr. Game & Watch, and Mario. I'm a casual and competitive player. For example, I have no problem with items, weird/creative stages, or Assists. However, I play rather seriously and I try to win. I'm not very tech-savvy on the series, so please don't expect me talking about game mechanics like wavedashing and momentum cancels and such. Still, I think I'm a mid-high or high-low level player when it comes to skill, even if I'm only a kid or whatever. I haven't played in a while though. This is a very impressive site, so great job on maintaining it everyone. Just as a warning, I'll admit I'm a bit of a debater, but I don't believe I'm rude and I stay on-topic with arguments and never debate about something completely opinionated as everyone is rightfully titled to his or her own mindset of course, and I know when I've been proven wrong. I don't think there should be much of a problem because everyone here is here to enjoy Smash, and I know my place. Thanks for reading my little ramble of sorts and sorry for the length. I hope this experience helps me in some way, shape, or form. Hahaha! Aren't shape and form pretty much the same thing metaphorically? Well, anyway I'll try my best to learn the kinks of the forum, have a fantastic day everyone.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Hai, khlx, Dubai - UAE, 17 years old,entering college this year... I love smash, nothing much to say

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Hello, I'm Brendan. I'm a big fan of Smash 64 and play it fairly decently. I main Mario, but you can tell that from my profile. I only briefly owned a Wii and played Brawl casually a few years ago. I have never played much Melee. Smashboards looks like a great lace to meet and play other Smash fans and hopefully I can play some memorable matches and, with luck, meet even better people along the way.

PK Fire Ω

Smash Rookie
Hello. I'm new here... My name is PK Fire Ω and I like the MOTHER series. Whenever I play SSBB I play Lucas.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello lxbran, Hot Toffee, Arisan, Ulti-Bman, Khlx, Stepladder, PK Fire anad welcome to Smashboards!

If you have anyquestions about the site, please feel free to ask me for assistance.

Once again, welcome to SWF and enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom