• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowbeeru

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, my name is Snowbeeru I am a Super Smash Bro's player (Melee) from Canada. I decided to join because started to watch Super Smash tourneys on Twitch and started getting interested in the community and the Pro Scene. I hope to meet other smashers from canada to play with and practice. I main Jigglypuff.

Nice to meet you guys ~

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I sort of forgot to introduce myself when I got here but whatever.

Hello, I'm C_Mill24. I've been following the competitive scene for a couple of years now (specifically Melee). I was once a member of the now disbanded/defunct SSF2 Expansion Forums, and I am a member of the backroom for Super Smash Bros. Crusade. I main Marth and C. Falcon in Melee, with Link and Kirby as my secondaries. I could main Fox or Falco, but my fingers are not at the speed they need to be right now. My favorite smashers are Mew2King, Mango, SilentSpectre, and aMSa. I made up a fake competitive scene with made up people to sort of help me get the feel of all characters in Melee. Pretty lame, right?

Shirothepolarbear

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone. My name's shirothepolarbear, but you can call me Shiro for short. I've been lurking these forums for quite a while, but I've decided to finally create an account. I've never played competitively before (And If I did I'd probably be really terrible) but I enjoy to play casually. I mostly play SSB64 (Emulation) and Brawl, And I'm planning on getting the 3ds version of Smash 4.
I hope I get to meet new friends!

BANCHEEE

Smash Rookie
Hi,, I am a Smash player from Brooklyn NY. Going to start playing in tournaments soon.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi all.

This is your neighborhood friendly Falcon main from Massachusetts speaking. I'm called Flos, because Melee has a four letter tag limit and "Floss" didn't quite fit. I play both Melee and Project M, and I'm happy to play friendlies with anyone in a P:M wifi match, if you're down with me taking unnecessary risks in an attempt to look cool. :)

I've been playing competitive smash for close to 2 1/2 years, but only dabbling in the community and never really going on smashboards past occasionally looking for guides or tips. Anyway, this is my attempt to become more involved in the community, and I hope to make this experience a positive one.

Cheers.
Welcome to SWF, CHIP_FLOS. If you have any questions concerning the Captain, feel free to check the Captain's Melee and P:M subforums! I hope you enjoy the forums!

Hello, I'm Fourier. (Pronounced Four-Yay) It's nice to meet you.

I come from another community, though it did not have the friendliest users as many situations ended in drama and lots of hatred. But it's all good. I don't take part there anymore.

A little bit about myself. I'm from the West Coast and I've been living here ever since. I got Brawl back in 2008, around when it came out. I've never really played this game competitively, though I do with my boyfriend on occasions.
I main with Pit, Peach, and Marth and I've got some control with Zelda & Toon Link. I've also played the first Smash and Melee. It was something I enjoyed with my cousin since he has both games. Might try out Project M sometime soon. I hear it's great. And I'm very excited for the new Smash that's in development. I'll be sure to buy it in a heartbeat.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you did.
Welcome to SWF, Fourier! Make sure to check out the Brawl subforums for your favorite characters. Some of the best players can be found there. As well, make sure you head over to the Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS boards to get your fill of the new Smash!

Hi, Clint Jaguar here. I got into the series with Melee being one of my first games on the Gamecube. I used to play it all the time with my brother but for a while I stopped playing. Only recently have I started playing again and I'm now practicing my skills, hoping that someday I'll be able to play professionally. I'm currently getting better mostly using Marth as my new main (Before then I usually picked Mario or Link). Plus with the new Wii U game coming out, I figured I should get more into the Smash community, which is also why I'm here.

Aside from that, I'm just your typical teenage introvert who enjoys watching classic action movies, playing Nintendo games and writing screenplays in my spare time.

Hail to the King, Baby......or don't, whatever you feel's best ;)
Welcome to SWF, Clint Jaguar! Melee was my first Gamecube as well. I bought it the day I bought my Gamecube. I remember seeing pre-release pictures in Nintendo Power and flipping out. Make sure you check the Melee forums for your mains as well as the Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS for your Smash 4 needs!

Hello and welcome! My body is ready for Smash!
Welcome to SWF Reggie Body Man. I hope your body is ready for Smashboards!

Hello all, call me Mr. Seven. I've been a huge fan of Smash Bros since the very first game. I'm a writer, amateur game designer, and currently about to attend college.
Welcome to SWF, Mr.Seven. I have been a fan since the 64 version as well. One of the best! What kind of games do you design? If you are interested, SWF has some projects in the works including some original Smash games! You might want to check those out!

Hi, I'm Samuel. I'm a huge Smash fan. Melee was my first video game, and Brawl's my favorite game of all time, so I decided to join. Really pumped for the next Smash Bros. and look forward to having some cool discussions here.
Welcome to SWF, Samuel Intrater. Check out the SSBB forums for information and advice for your mains! As well, check out the Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS forums to get your Smash 4 fix! We have a lot of topics and discussions going on there.

Hey Guys im LettGingerSaurusRex

Im recently got into competite melee after we had gotten good through brawl, I might now be a gight but ill give u a challenge, VM me, and be prepared to ger dumpstered by Falco and rhe Fire Emblem Cast :)
Welcome to SWF, LettGingerSaurusRex. That is quite the name. We have an active competitive Melee scene going here with some of the best posting so make sure you check those out! You seem pretty confident in your Falco and Fire Emblembers but you may want to check out their subforums in the Melee section for any advice or hints to help improve!

waz up everyone my annoying brother wanted me to make a smash boards account. i was keep telling him i was to lazy to make one LOL but now everyday im gonna post up things about my opinion of the new smash 4 pics. CANT WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT!!!!!!
Welcome to SWF, The Nintendo Geek! We currently have a thread in the General Smash Bros. Wii U Discussion called the MiiVerse Daily Picture Thread. There you can discuss the daily pics all day long!

Hey all, I'm Kelpo.
Been starting to get into competitive smash for the past month or so, I play mostly Project M and a bit of Melee. Not all that good, but I'm looking to get better.
Let me know if you want to play and you're in the Philadelphia area. I'm not that good yet, but I'll gladly play with anyone.
Welcome to SWF, Kelpo! If you are interested in getting better, I highly suggest you check out the P:M boards and Melee boards as well as your favorite main(s) subforums. We also have a section called Regional Zones so if you are interested in some local play or tournaments, I suggest checking out the East Coast thread.

Hey there! I'm an older member without much posting time. New account as I lost the old one.

I'm imWUMPUS from Fraser, MI. I've been smashing since SSB. Right now, I mainly play Project M with one of my friends. I'm looking for more people in the area to play with.
Welcome back imWUMPUS. When were you active? It's good to have you back and posting :) If you are looking for tournaments or local players, check out "Regional Zones" where you can find members in your area.

My name's Steph, & I was already on here before but everything got lost. Hope I can make just as good progress here.
Welcome to SWF, Silvia. Glad to have you back!

I must be ******** because I cannot find the new post button. I prefer to play melee and young link is my main. I am looking for people around columbus ohio to play melee or project M with. I main Lucas, Mario, or Toon Link in Project M. Someone hit me up so I can play da games with you.
Welcome to SWF, Clintombment! I am in your neck of the woods. I am originally from Toledo, Ohio but I currently live and work in Japan. I suggest you check out main's subforums in the Melee and P:M forums.. If you are interested in finding local players in Columbus, check out the "Regional Zones". I know central Ohio, especially Columbus, has some events going on.

Hi guys, my name is Snowbeeru I am a Super Smash Bro's player (Melee) from Canada. I decided to join because started to watch Super Smash tourneys on Twitch and started getting interested in the community and the Pro Scene. I hope to meet other smashers from canada to play with and practice. I main Jigglypuff.

Nice to meet you guys ~
Welcome to SWF, Snowbeeru. Feel free to check out the Melee forums, and in particular, the Jigglypuff subforum. We also have an active competitive community for Melee so check out some of the threads for hints and advice. Lastly, check out "Regional Zones" to find local players and tournaments in Canada (I believe they are broken up by provinces).

I sort of forgot to introduce myself when I got here but whatever.

Hello, I'm C_Mill24. I've been following the competitive scene for a couple of years now (specifically Melee). I was once a member of the now disbanded/defunct SSF2 Expansion Forums, and I am a member of the backroom for Super Smash Bros. Crusade. I main Marth and C. Falcon in Melee, with Link and Kirby as my secondaries. I could main Fox or Falco, but my fingers are not at the speed they need to be right now. My favorite smashers are Mew2King, Mango, SilentSpectre, and aMSa. I made up a fake competitive scene with made up people to sort of help me get the feel of all characters in Melee. Pretty lame, right?
Welcome to SWF, C_Mill24. We have an active competitive scene with some of the above smashers you mentioned frequenting those areas of the forums. If you are interested in improving in Melee, I suggest you check the Marth and Falcon subforums. And no that isn't lame! If it helps you improve, go all out!

EDIT: And holy crap, I just saw you are from P-burg. That is my home town ;) Pretty crazy stuff!

Zero deserved being stabbed by me. But don't worry, I don't stab new users :3

Hello, everyone. My name's shirothepolarbear, but you can call me Shiro for short. I've been lurking these forums for quite a while, but I've decided to finally create an account. I've never played competitively before (And If I did I'd probably be really terrible) but I enjoy to play casually. I mostly play SSB64 (Emulation) and Brawl, And I'm planning on getting the 3ds version of Smash 4.
I hope I get to meet new friends!
Welcome to SWF, Shirothepolarbear. Nice name :) . If you want to check out the competitive scene, check out the Melee and Brawls forums for hints and advice on competitive Smash! However, being a casual is nothing wrong. I would consider myself a casual as well. Check out the Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS forums for discussion and speculation on the up and coming games!

Hi,, I am a Smash player from Brooklyn NY. Going to start playing in tournaments soon.
Welcome to SWF, BANCHEE. We have a section called "Regional Zones" where you can check up on any local players or tournaments in the New York area and West Coast.

Hey Everyone,
Old 64/Melee/ Brawl player in the mid Atlantic looking to get back in the Smash world
Welcome to SWF, The ClanChampion! I am always happy to see older players coming back! As I mentioned above, feel free to check out "Regional Zones" concerning local players and tournaments in the mid-Atlantic.

Last edited:

Raim

Smash Rookie
My name's Ray. I'm a Marth main fairly new to the tournament scene. I came here to meet some fellow smashers and get some insight on how to perfect my game. I mainly play Melee, but I'm still pretty hyped for Smash 4.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My name's Ray. I'm a Marth main fairly new to the tournament scene. I came here to meet some fellow smashers and get some insight on how to perfect my game. I mainly play Melee, but I'm still pretty hyped for Smash 4.
Wecome to SWF, Raim. I suggest checking out the Marth character subforums as well as the Melee competitive forums. If you want to discuss Smash 4, check out the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS forums! Good to have you here!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Hello, everybody! I'm Pokechu! o uo
I'm a Kirby main and a main with Lucas( I am sorta kinda competitive with both). The order would be Kirby first, Lucas second, and then 20 miles behind are ICs and Peach, then 60 miles behind are Pikachu and Yoshi. So Kirby>Lucas>>>>>>>Peach=ICs>>>>>>>>Yoshi=Pikachu>rest.
I focus in Kirby and Lucas, about a tiny better than better than average with Peach, and ICs, and on the last 2 I'm just a bit better than average. Squirtz would be ahead of peach if you count PM and Brawl.My most wanted newcomer for 4 would have to be Toad, and I might actually consider not buying the game if he's just a meatshield. >:c
I came here because I would literally lurk for HOURS on the Toad Parade topic, until the forums just started to seem interesting enough for me to join. Another reason could be to join a Smash Bros. dedicated forum, which I hadn't really joined ever. I mainly play Project M cause Toad textures, but I'm going to Pre-Order SSB4.
Hope this wasn't too long! cx. If soooo...
TL:DR; my mains are Kirby>Lucas>>>Peach=ICs>>>>Yoshi=Pikachu. Squirtle is ahead of Peach if you count PM and Brawl, I usually play PM for Toad, and I lurked here... for Toad. And I joined since this seems interesting.

That's all. cx

Last edited:

soulfood

Smash Rookie
So. I've been watching fights from Apex 2014 for the past few hours. Mango four-stocking Leffen finally made me register here. Sorry guys. I used to play Melee quite a bit, I mained Fox back in my day, but then I put my disc in my pocket to play it at a friend's house, dumbest thing I ever did. I was pretty good with Fox though. It's great to see the game is still alive (and kicking!)

Nate$

Smash Satan
NNID
TheKisameH
Hey guys and gals what's going on? My name is Nathan and I'm from Canada, I go by KisameH online but most of my friends call me by other things: SharkMan, or just simply Nate. I play Melee, Project M, and I occasionally dabble in Brawl. Across the board my mains are usually Marth and Cap Falcon. I really want to get better in Melee and Project M and so I like to practice as often as I can. I play Yugioh as well as Smash competitively.

Sir Devious

Smash Rookie
NNID
DavidisRAD6
What's up guys! My name is David. I'm 21 years old. I think I'm a pretty chill guy, I never like fighting or drama I like being nice to everyone and respecting everyone's opinions. I've grown up playing Smash Bros, I'm a huge Nintendo nerd and I love it. Zelda is my favorite game series hands down. I have the Hylian crest from Wind Waker tattooed on my back. :D

I haven't been able to play Brawl in a long time, my disk went missing :/ I think someone stole it. And I just don't enjoy Melee as much after the epicness (aside from online "play") that was Brawl. I have a 3DS and a Wii I so I can't wait until the game comes out. I'll probably be posting and trying to be active, I love meeting new chill people. I'm happy to be a part of the community!

Also, a side hobby of mine is making music. I only have one track recorded at the moment but I've been working with two different producers in Northern and Southern California and one in Louisiana and I'm gonna be releasing an self put out (I'm unsigned obviously lolol) free EP, just a project I've always wanted to do. I rap, and use rap, pop, electronic, dubstep and rock elements. On my next project I want to do some reggae sounds and maybe even try to mix my rap style with some other genres. Due out in April or June it's so hard when I only have one producer living in the same area as me. But yeah, that's pretty much all there is to it. I'm an open book if anyone wants to message me and ask me whatever. Also, if you happen to ever check out any of my music, I can take critical opinions and appreciate the thoughts. :) music is my obsession. There's a link on my page.

Last edited:

Stahlion

Smash Rookie
NNID
thijs_vdw
3DS FC
3797-6486-4665
Hey everyone! I'm a 16-year-old casual smash player who also enjoys watching competitive matches. I'm actually thinking of playing smash 4 more seriously and competing online when it comes out. Really excited for both new games by the way. You probably won't see me post very often (if at all) because I'm more of a lurker type of person, but I decided to create an account just in case. :p

My melee main is Mewtwo. I don't really play brawl at the moment though(because I sold my Wii and my copy of brawl doesn't work on my Wii U) but I enjoy both games.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I hope staying on these forums will help shorten the wait for Super Smash Bros. 4!

Last edited:

Deafy

Aspiring Deaf Semi-Pro Smasher
Hello SmashBoards! My name is Jack (Deafy), you can call me Jack or Deafy! I'm a very well experienced competitive FPS gamer! I'm looking to make a transition from FPS to Fighters! My two main games is Melee and Project M! In Melee my main character is Fox/Falco and in Project M my main character is Meta Knight and Diddy Kong! I look forward to make new friends and share tips, tricks, stories, and etc! Thank you for having me here!

PS: Here's the catch, I'm the only DEAF player in this community!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hello, everybody! I'm Pokechu! o uo
I'm a Kirby main and a main with Lucas( I am sorta kinda competitive with both). The order would be Kirby first, Lucas second, and then 20 miles behind are ICs and Peach, then 60 miles behind are Pikachu and Yoshi. So Kirby>Lucas>>>>>>>Peach=ICs>>>>>>>>Yoshi=Pikachu>rest.
I focus in Kirby and Lucas, about a tiny better than better than average with Peach, and ICs, and on the last 2 I'm just a bit better than average. Squirtz would be ahead of peach if you count PM and Brawl.My most wanted newcomer for 4 would have to be Toad, and I might actually consider not buying the game if he's just a meatshield. >:c
I came here because I would literally lurk for HOURS on the Toad Parade topic, until the forums just started to seem interesting enough for me to join. Another reason could be to join a Smash Bros. dedicated forum, which I hadn't really joined ever. I mainly play Project M cause Toad textures, but I'm going to Pre-Order SSB4.
Hope this wasn't too long! cx. If soooo...
TL:DR; my mains are Kirby>Lucas>>>Peach=ICs>>>>Yoshi=Pikachu. Squirtle is ahead of Peach if you count PM and Brawl, I usually play PM for Toad, and I lurked here... for Toad. And I joined since this seems interesting.

That's all. cx
Welcome to SWF, Pokechu! I suggest you check out both the Brawl and P'M character subforums for your favorite mains and secondaries! It seems you know the Toad Parade thread well. I understand your reasoning but not purchasing the game because a character you want isn't in it would be rather sad.

So. I've been watching fights from Apex 2014 for the past few hours. Mango four-stocking Leffen finally made me register here. Sorry guys. I used to play Melee quite a bit, I mained Fox back in my day, but then I put my disc in my pocket to play it at a friend's house, dumbest thing I ever did. I was pretty good with Fox though. It's great to see the game is still alive (and kicking!)
Welcome to the SWF, soulfood. I love soul food! I am glad to see you renew your interest in Smash Bros. It is definitely alive and kicking and I attribute that to amazing and active fans; both competitive and casuals.

Thank you Venus. :)
No prob!

Hey guys and gals what's going on? My name is Nathan and I'm from Canada, I go by KisameH online but most of my friends call me by other things: SharkMan, or just simply Nate. I play Melee, Project M, and I occasionally dabble in Brawl. Across the board my mains are usually Marth and Cap Falcon. I really want to get better in Melee and Project M and so I like to practice as often as I can. I play Yugioh as well as Smash competitively.
Welcome to SWF, KisameH. If I am correct in assuming Kisame is referenced to the Naruto character, he is one of my favorites (RIP). Make sure to check out the Mlee, P:M, and Brawl forums as well as the character subforums of your mains. I am pretty sure there is a Yugiok thread somewhere in the Light House.

What's up guys! My name is David. I'm 21 years old. I think I'm a pretty chill guy, I never like fighting or drama I like being nice to everyone and respecting everyone's opinions. I've grown up playing Smash Bros, I'm a huge Nintendo nerd and I love it. Zelda is my favorite game series hands down. I have the Hylian crest from Wind Waker tattooed on my back. :D

I haven't been able to play Brawl in a long time, my disk went missing :/ I think someone stole it. And I just don't enjoy Melee as much after the epicness (aside from online "play") that was Brawl. I have a 3DS and a Wii I so I can't wait until the game comes out. I'll probably be posting and trying to be active, I love meeting new chill people. I'm happy to be a part of the community!

Also, a side hobby of mine is making music. I only have one track recorded at the moment but I've been working with two different producers in Northern and Southern California and one in Louisiana and I'm gonna be releasing an self put out (I'm unsigned obviously lolol) free EP, just a project I've always wanted to do. I rap, and use rap, pop, electronic, dubstep and rock elements. On my next project I want to do some reggae sounds and maybe even try to mix my rap style with some other genres. Due out in April or June it's so hard when I only have one producer living in the same area as me. But yeah, that's pretty much all there is to it. I'm an open book if anyone wants to message me and ask me whatever. Also, if you happen to ever check out any of my music, I can take critical opinions and appreciate the thoughts. :) music is my obsession. There's a link on my page.
Welcome to SWF, Sir Devious. I am a huge fan of the Zelda series myself. Check out the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS boards for all the hype you can stand. I know we have a music forum called Media Metropolis if you want to check that out and share your music. The members here are friendly as well so you should fit right in.

Hey everyone! I'm a 16-year-old casual smash player who also enjoys watching competitive matches. I'm actually thinking of playing smash 4 more seriously and competing online when it comes out. Really excited for both new games by the way. You probably won't see me post very often (if at all) because I'm more of a lurker type of person, but I decided to create an account just in case. :p

My melee main is Mewtwo. I don't really play brawl at the moment though(because I sold my Wii and my copy of brawl doesn't work on my Wii U) but I enjoy both games.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I hope staying on these forums will help shorten the wait for Super Smash Bros. 4!
Welcome to SWF, Stahlion! Feel free to check out the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS discussion boards! While none of the advanced techs or even the gameplay is well known yet, it will become a beehive of information once the games are released so please check those out! For information regarding your mains and secondaries, check out the Melee and Brawl forums and character subforums.

Hello SmashBoards! My name is Jack (Deafy), you can call me Jack or Deafy! I'm a very well experienced competitive FPS gamer! I'm looking to make a transition from FPS to Fighters! My two main games is Melee and Project M! In Melee my main character is Fox/Falco and in Project M my main character is Meta Knight and Diddy Kong! I look forward to make new friends and share tips, tricks, stories, and etc! Thank you for having me here!

PS: Here's the catch, I'm the only DEAF player in this community!
Welcome to SWF, Deafy. It's good to have members to participate it a wide range of competitive play. Sadly, I am a casual in both shooters and fighters but I appreciate competitive play. In regards to your mains and secondaries in Melee and P:M, check out the character subforums as well as the Melee and P:M boards! That is really impressive that you overcome such a hardship and participate in competitive games. I am really impressed and I look forward to your participation on this site.

Welcome to all of the new members! feel free to contact myself, Oldmangray, or a moderator (the dudes with the red (initimidating) user name and banner). with any questions, suggestions, problems, or complaints! Enjoy the SWF and looking forward to see everyone's posts!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Welcome to SWF, Pokechu! I suggest you check out both the Brawl and P'M character subforums for your favorite mains and secondaries! It seems you know the Toad Parade thread well. I understand your reasoning but not purchasing the game because a character you want isn't in it would be rather sad.
I know, it's just that I've wanted him since like, late 2010. cx
I would still get it, obviously like the other fans that say that(i swear it's like become like a trend or something cx), but it'd be rather disappointing to not get the one character you want in it and have to wait another 5 years.
Still, at least my 2nd most wanted has a chance, yes? (Palutena, but I want Toad way more).

*ALSO, sorry for this 2nd post! I assume that I wasn't supposed to post again, because it's called "Meet and Greet", and I've already gotten meet(en?), yes? Also, Helloooo other new people! cx*

Last edited:

Deafy

Welcome to the SWF, soulfood. I love soul food! I am glad to see you renew your interest in Smash Bros. It is definitely alive and kicking and I attribute that to amazing and active fans; both competitive and casuals.

No prob!

Welcome to SWF, KisameH. If I am correct in assuming Kisame is referenced to the Naruto character, he is one of my favorites (RIP). Make sure to check out the Mlee, P:M, and Brawl forums as well as the character subforums of your mains. I am pretty sure there is a Yugiok thread somewhere in the Light House.

Welcome to SWF, Sir Devious. I am a huge fan of the Zelda series myself. Check out the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS boards for all the hype you can stand. I know we have a music forum called Media Metropolis if you want to check that out and share your music. The members here are friendly as well so you should fit right in.

Welcome to SWF, Stahlion! Feel free to check out the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS discussion boards! While none of the advanced techs or even the gameplay is well known yet, it will become a beehive of information once the games are released so please check those out! For information regarding your mains and secondaries, check out the Melee and Brawl forums and character subforums.

Welcome to SWF, Deafy. It's good to have members to participate it a wide range of competitive play. Sadly, I am a casual in both shooters and fighters but I appreciate competitive play. In regards to your mains and secondaries in Melee and P:M, check out the character subforums as well as the Melee and P:M boards! That is really impressive that you overcome such a hardship and participate in competitive games. I am really impressed and I look forward to your participation on this site.

Welcome to all of the new members! feel free to contact myself, Oldmangray, or a moderator (the dudes with the red (initimidating) user name and banner). with any questions, suggestions, problems, or complaints! Enjoy the SWF and looking forward to see everyone's posts!
I'm curious do you have any other deaf players that strolls through here?

patar4097

Smash Rookie
Hello, smashboards! I've been a Smash fan for a few years, and I'm hooked. Gonna get Proj M up and running this weekend finally as well. I'm an avid Nintendo gamer, although I do not own many systems, mainly because my parents are big supporters of video games. But, I love them nonetheless, especially retro games. (Also, my signature has an awesome petition!)

Spice

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

My Profile/Smash name is Spice. I am a student at WSU in Eastern WA, and I've been playing Smash since the N64 version first came out. I played Melee continuously since it came out, and continued to do so after Brawl came out, since I really did not care for Brawl (I find it it to be relatively boring and spammy).

About two months ago I first started trying to learn advanced techniques, and have somewhat mastered wavedashing and L-cancelling at this point, though I am having trouble finding where to incorporate wavedashing in combat. Most of this will probably come with a lot more practice and research. I also recently got introduced to Project M and absolutely love it (it's even caused me to start playing Melee a lot less).

I am trying to learn as much as possible and plan to start attending tournaments in the near future. I am always looking to improve, so help and advice is always welcome, both in terms of research and technique.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Spice

EDIT: If anyone has any advice on where to begin searching for certain things on this site it would be greatly appreciated. Currently I'm looking for specific advice and ideas for improving my Melee and P:M game in terms of techniques I should be focusing on and training tips. Thanks again!

Last edited:

silent disco

Smash Rookie
evening nerds. i'm silent disco and I've been a huge fan of Smash Bros. for a solid decade now, always playing (and getting my ass whooped) with friends and eagerly awaiting Smash 4/whatever you wanna call it.

I look forward to poking and prodding at you gentlemen and playfully insulting you whenever possible. Cheers.

Deafy

evening nerds. i'm silent disco and I've been a huge fan of Smash Bros. for a solid decade now, always playing (and getting my *** whooped) with friends and eagerly awaiting Smash 4/whatever you wanna call it.

I look forward to poking and prodding at you gentlemen and playfully insulting you whenever possible. Cheers.
Welcome to the SmashBoards community! I'm Deafy and feel free to poke around with me! ;)

Hello everyone!

My Profile/Smash name is Spice. I am a student at WSU in Eastern WA, and I've been playing Smash since the N64 version first came out. I played Melee continuously since it came out, and continued to do so after Brawl came out, since I really did not care for Brawl (I find it it to be relatively boring and spammy).

About two months ago I first started trying to learn advanced techniques, and have somewhat mastered wavedashing and L-cancelling at this point, though I am having trouble finding where to incorporate wavedashing in combat. Most of this will probably come with a lot more practice and research. I also recently got introduced to Project M and absolutely love it (it's even caused me to start playing Melee a lot less).

I am trying to learn as much as possible and plan to start attending tournaments in the near future. I am always looking to improve, so help and advice is always welcome, both in terms of research and technique.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Spice

EDIT: If anyone has any advice on where to begin searching for certain things on this site it would be greatly appreciated. Currently I'm looking for specific advice and ideas for improving my Melee and P:M game in terms of techniques I should be focusing on and training tips. Thanks again!
Thanks for stopping by and maybe I'll see you in some of Michigan tournaments?

Hello, smashboards! I've been a Smash fan for a few years, and I'm hooked. Gonna get Proj M up and running this weekend finally as well. I'm an avid Nintendo gamer, although I do not own many systems, mainly because my parents are big supporters of video games. But, I love them nonetheless, especially retro games. (Also, my signature has an awesome petition!)
Project M is AMAZING! It's always good to see gamers get support from their parents!

Welcome Ray! My name is Jack and I play Melee and Project M! I need to get my hands on BRAND SPANKING NEW Melee game :D ASAP!

Last edited:

patar4097

Smash Rookie
Actually, it's not really support, more caving to the fact that we love video games. :p Thanks though, and hopfully, I can get into the Project M gameplay after playing only Brawl and the original Smash for the last two years.

TheDoctorIsSin

Smash Rookie
NNID
PSIChickMagnet
hello everyone! you can call me doc, i just joined because a friend referred me to this site.
i've been playing smash bros since the first game came out and started playing competitively shortly after brawl came out. then i started playing project m when 3.0 came out and never went back. i still have a lot to learn when it comes to advanced techniques and i guess it's pretty obvious who my main is.

also i get nervous easily please don't eat me alive

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
hello everyone! you can call me doc, i just joined because a friend referred me to this site.
i've been playing smash bros since the first game came out and started playing competitively shortly after brawl came out. then i started playing project m when 3.0 came out and never went back. i still have a lot to learn when it comes to advanced techniques and i guess it's pretty obvious who my main is.

Most of us aren't cannibals, so no need to worry. Welcome to the community.

Deafy

Hi Doc! Welcome to the SmashBoards community we're lucky to have you here! We won't eat you alive! We're generally nice people :D

LastArc

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, LastArc here. Long time lurker of smashboards and finally have decided to sign up. I'm from Philadelphia, PA and have been watching the smash competitive scene since around 2006. I play Project M mostly and I main Roy. Nice to meet you all ;)

Deafy

Hello everyone, LastArc here. Long time lurker of smashboards and finally have decided to sign up. I'm from Philadelphia, PA and have been watching the smash competitive scene since around 2006. I play Project M mostly and I main Roy. Nice to meet you all ;)
Nice to meet you LastArc it's nice to see lurkers break their habit and create an account on SmashBoards. We're very glad to have you here!

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
Hello!
I was a lurker around here for almost years, sometimes often, some not.
Then I decided to create an account, but only today I had time and effort to confirm my e-mail, so I can finally post.
I'm an languages student, but pretty poorly developed yet. I apologize for my lack of knowledge in English, but I promise I'll make the best I can to write correctly here. And please, if I'm wrong, correct me. I thank you.
Well, that's it for now and I hope for great discussions here.

Deafy

Hello!
I was a lurker around here for almost years, sometimes often, some not.
Then I decided to create an account, but only today I had time and effort to confirm my e-mail, so I can finally post.
I'm an languages student, but pretty poorly developed yet. I apologize for my lack of knowledge in English, but I promise I'll make the best I can to write correctly here. And please, if I'm wrong, correct me. I thank you.
Well, that's it for now and I hope for great discussions here.
Your English is easy to understand and welcome to SmashBoards!

brightowl

Smash Rookie
hi im a super nerd fite me irl
nice to meet you all, i like league of legends + anime + other stuff

Gbay99

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gbay99
3DS FC
2638-1251-9805
Hey everyone!

Long time smasher here who unfortunately never got into the community much. Until now that is! Any of you who play League may recognize me from YouTube/Twitch as that's what I spend a lot of my time doing, making League videos occasionally straying into other areas of the gaming industry.

Anyway! I'm glad to have been getting back into smash (specifically melee and project m) in the past couple of months, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all in the near future!

Super Fawful

Smash Cadet
NNID
dimentio64
Hello~ I registered here ages ago but never really posted until now. I'm not a competitive Smash player but I enjoy beating the tar out of three King Dededes as Luigi. My favorite series is Mario (my favorites are the RPGs) and I want Paper Mario, Fawful and/or Dimentio in Smash 4. Can't wait to post in the community!

FenrirFlame

Smash Cadet
NNID
FenrirFlame
3DS FC
2852-9227-4498
Well hello there! My name is Nick. :3
I registered today and I've posted once. I'm a very competitive Smasher, but I'm now more interested in Hacking it, and THEN playing it with friends.
My Mains are Marth,Link, Lucario and Project M roy
My favorite series would be Sonic The Hedgehog(due to me growing up with him), but as a less embarrassing favorite to have would be The Legend Of Zelda and i would like Ghirahim for Smash 4. Thanks for reading! Cant wait to be active on the boards!

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Hello! I'm Sara and I'm a Marth main from the UK. I believe that I have the potential to to do great in the Smash community.

It's a pleasure to meet you guys! ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom