• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old mains

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I'm rather curious, what other characters have you guys mained in smash64 and melee, and what characters do you secondary now? Sure it's not the most tactical post but we've had a few too many of those lately =P

I mained Pikachu in 64, Fox was my secondary. In melee, I mained Luigi and Roy, for a secondary I had a lot of fun with Samus and all her neat tricks (superwavedash ftw). In brawl I'm maining Lucario obviously with Marth and Pikachu as my secondary. What about you guys?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hahahaha

HAHA Nodrak, so that's why u called Marth a SHE! lol, roy player (roy's greatest weakness would be if Michael Jackson appeared as a Melee character). I mained in 64 as Ness and C. Falcon, in Melee, it was Marth, Mewtwo, Ness, and Falco. In Brawl, It is now Marth, Falco, Lucario and Dx3

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
SSB - Uh... I was pretty young, but I used Kirby a lot.

SSBM - I used Marth then stopped playing for a long time. When I started playing again I used Link and Fox, and Marth not as much.

SSBB - I main Meta Knight, I secondary Lucario. Other characters I use are Wolf, Marth, Fox, and Sonic.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
In my early 64 days, I mained Link, but later on I switched to Kirby.

My Melee days were crazy! If I remember correctly, I first started maining Ganondorf. After a couple of years with him, I switched to Sheik, and finally I switched to Marth, who has been my Melee main ever since.

Obviously I main Lucario now. I am still in the process of choosing my secondary/counterpick. It is between Link and Sheik.

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
64 - I was a kid, but I always enjoyed playing Kirby, Pikachu, Mario and Luigi.

Melee - I took up the Ice Climbers, and Roy, with Sheik at secondary, playing Kirby, Pichu, Game & Watch, and Mewtwo on the side.

Brawl - Lucario is my main, and I would secondary the Ice Climbers, but I can't really use them well. So far my secondaries look like Mr. Game & Watch and King DeDeDe.

SpazzerEXE

Smash Apprentice
Hummm...well in 64 I was all about the fowlcom- PAUWNCH (no typo thats what it sounded like to me back in the day :/ ) In Melee I was all about JUSTICE (and occasionally Pichu...well..ok ALOT of Pichu but mostly the JUSTICE) and now?

Lucario n' Kriby. :>

Khosan

Smash Rookie
I started out with Kirby on the N64. I wasn't good at all. Lost a lot of the time, but picked up my first cheap tactic: stone drops. Constant, predictable stone drops on people. And piledriver. That just pissed people off.

With Melee I started out using Kirby, then eventually moved on to Roy once I unlocked him. Something about all of his specials blowing people up intrigued me, so I stuck with him.

Moving on to Brawl, I figured I was going to use Metaknight, since he was a badass and supposedly very, very fast. Then I unlocked Lucario in SSE, decided to give him a go in the next mission where I could use him and instantly found him awesome, because EVERYTHING blew someone's *** up.

Nothing feels quite as satisfying as hitting someone right in the face and watching them explode. :p

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I never got to play a 64, wanted one but never had the guts to ask for it. <.<
Melee: I tried to main Mewtwo and Bowser.
Brawl: MK mainer with Lucario as a secondary.

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
In SSB im pretty sure i mained Kirby
In melee it was all about GaW
In Brawl i main lucario and GaW

DarkRenji

Smash Journeyman
SSB: Link I think... and Captain Falcon!(I was like 8 orsomething and loved OOT XD)
SSBM: Sheik, Falco, Ice Climbers
SSBB: King Dedede (+Ice Climbers, Falco and random stuff)

Edit: lol i posted in lucario boards. :D Well hi.... XD

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
SSB: Ness
SSBM: Link, Ness
SSBB: I used to main Link...But after playing Jeepy's Lucario so much, I might switch. I don't know, still deciding.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
SSB: Kirby (My favorite character in general back then, especially since Kirby Superstar was one of my favorite games), Ness (Not as much)
SSBM: Marth (I like range and disjointed hitboxes) and Ness (same as before, and air combat was fun)
SSBB: Lucario (so far, just him- fits way too well)

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Edit: lol i posted in lucario boards. :D Well hi.... XD
OHAI!! nice to meetcha XD

SSB: Loads of Link, a bit of Samus and Kirby
SSBM: Samus, Samus, Samus... every now and then C. Falcon and Pikachu.
SSBB: Used to main Sammy, but she changed a little too much from melee. Either way now it's Louie (Lucario), Wolf and Samus sometimes.

remembering-funny

Smash Rookie
In 64 probably mained Link and Pikachu because I loved Pokemon and Orcarina of Time. (whoa, going back to the single digit ages). Melee I stuck with pikachu and picked up kirby. And now, in brawl, I'm picking up Lucario and I'm not sure who my secondary(ies) is(are). Probably Wolf or still Pikachu. Though I think I do pretty well with Link. Yeah, I'm not very decisive. Haha.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
64. Ness. But to be honest I was young and not competative so one could argue I had no main. And I was no good probly. But Ness was my fav.

Melee. For a while, it was Roy. Don't know why. Just liked him. But then I got competative and realized that I sucked with this guy and needed to pick someone else to get good with. Ended up with Luigi. And god I got really good with him in a very short amount of time. Loved Luigi. For some reason, Ness' huge nerf made me not like him much anymore at all. I barely played him.

Brawl. "If Lucario is in, I will main him." That was my mindset back in August or so when I really started getting into the brawl and dojo hype with my friend. And I have lived up to that commitment. I also secondary Luigi, Ness (yes, I love Ness again, kinda like a revival. Partly because I watched Simna ibn Sind's awesome videos, and Ness got a buff too), and Dedede.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
SSB: None
SSBM: Sheik
SSBB: Lucario, secondaries: Sheik, Bowser, G&W (in that order)

Milln

Smash Champion
>,>

I was the fiercest Yoshi you ever saw in 64... back when his fair didn't have a startup and I could actually use it for spikes.
In Melee I was disappointed that they added a startup to fair and switched. I mained Marth, Falco, and Young Link.
And now I use Lucario. Rawr. I secondary the random square at the moment. o,o Before it released, I was looking at Pokemon Trainer... and when it came out I actually started with Lucas and Poketrainer, then moved on to Pit while secondarying Lucario. I decided I wanted to use a less flocked to character. And started focusing on Lucario.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
64: I don't remember very well, but I think it was Fox

Melee: Started with Marth, changed to Roy, then to falco, then back to Marth.

Brawl: I like to use a lot of characters, Lucario for main, Falco for secondary and,a little behind, Marth.

Top Bottom